It's january 1939!

It's january 1939!

Congratulations! You just became chief of staff of Italian armed forces! Yes, army, navy and airforce! Three for the price of one!

Glorious future surely awaits your faschist war machine.

How do you handle this fact?

Attached: cm1011as.jpg (750x586, 42K)

>switch sides

Order Breda to make a mag fed LMG similar to the BAR.

Order Fiat to design a proper medium tank comparable to the Sherman.

Order the Regina Mariana to step up their AA game

Purge my military of incompetent officers. Focus on training competent fighter pilots and using skilled pilots to train new ones.

Shoot Benitio the first fucking chance i get and claim the throne.

>mag fed LMG similar to the BAR.
lol

Be smart and like Spain
stay out of the war
rule as a fascist until your death in the 1970s which will instill horrible guilt in the populace even 50 years later

completely abdicate my armed forces to german control
accelerate the removal of jews

I didn't say copy the fucking bar, you fucking dildo.

I said similar, i was thinking ala the colt monitor. The lighter cartridge and a larger mag.

you Chief of staff of Italian armed forces not president of Italian

Fucking sterilise myself because I'm a dirty fucking wog

Convince Mussolini that Germany is going to give him the Dollfuss Special and to negotiate a secret deal with the UK and France to switch sides in exchange for recognition of territorial gains in Africa, free access to the Suez Canal, and a homeland for the Jews in British Palestine.

Invade Ethiopia and lose.

they should all transition
they look emaciated

Attached: 1540134436256.jpg (1463x2048, 245K)

You guys do understand you are not leaders of the country, but of armed forces, right?

Now all you have to do is wait 4-5 years for those weapons to reach the troops.

What would Italy look like now?

Let Germany invade Yugoslavia, and don't fuck up in general

Team up with Italo Balbo and Galeazzo Ciano and keep hammering Musso about how Hitler is a turbo-retard and will eventually ruin Germany with his imperial LARPing. Try to convince him to adopt a position similar to Franco's.

BAR utter dogshit as light machinegun. It might not be as bad as shit Italians had, but it was still one of the worst light machineguns used in WWII.

>similar
Why do you want what's pretty much an automatic rifle as an LMG?

I should've said the the Colt Monitor or the Polish copy.

But anyways, you fags are over thinking this shit. The Italian LMG was the worst of the war, hands down. The BARs issue was weight and ergonomics. The latter of which could be easily managed with a pistol grip.

Anyways, you're a fag for thinking i said copy the bar part for part. I said a gun SIMILAR in design theory. A man portable automatic mag fed rifle that is accurate and in a hard hitting round.

I can't help but wonder how in the fuck this thing was selected.
>The Breda 30 was rather unusual for a light machine gun. It was fed from a fixed magazine attached to the right side of the weapon and was loaded using brass or steel 20-round stripper clips. If the magazine or its hinge/latch were damaged the weapon became unusable. It also fired from a closed bolt along with using short recoil for its action. The recoil operation was violent, and often resulted in poor primary extraction. During primary extraction, the initial very small rearward movement of the hot expanded cartridge case away from the chamber's walls must be powerful but very slow if an automatic weapon is to be reliable. Separated cases resulting in jamming of the weapon beyond field clearing were usually the consequence of poor primary extraction. The Breda 30 also inherently lacked good primary extraction in its design and thus utilized a small lubrication device that oiled each cartridge as it entered the chamber. With the dust and sand of the deserts of North Africa, came a combination of premature wear and jamming.

Attached: 1515494363912.jpg (500x498, 35K)

Curse the gods for this cruel joke they've played on me.

I buy them some clothes.

BREN MASTER RACE

Attached: Bren_gunner_of_the_Royal_Scots_06-11-1944.jpg (220x217, 15K)

Do not side with Germany
>Side with Japan instead
Also bomb Greece.

Military led coup against spagoot man.
Focus on developing weaponry and most importantly officers alongside Germany.
Dont go full autistic and invade Greece.

Attached: Italian Axe.jpg (793x400, 29K)

stay out of the war. I'll be helping Germany and myself out.

Send some volunteers and what not but just try to broker peace between the west and Hitler as long as possible. Best case scenario.

Maybe a little less invaded by Africa. Remember how long Spain remained fascist.
This sadly. Even if you buy German licenses or manage to develop something competitive yourself, it will take too long for the factories to start producing that. Same with Japan.

>Get Beretta to work on making a functional, standalone semi automatic rifle instead of trying to convert the Carcano 30 different ways.
>Disperse the Regia Marina more across the Mediterranean so we don't get Pearl Harbored.
>Remind everyone that we aren't fighting WWI or the Napoleonic Wars, but a "modern" war.
>Standardize the M1938 Carcano and supplement it with the aforementioned semi auto rifle and the MAB 38.
>Don't worry about converting the 1891 into the 1941, it's fine as it is. You might as well just convert the Vetterli again at that point.
>Pledge more resources to the impending invasion of the USSR
>Modernize artillery
>Actually try to get a working tank that can be reliably produced
>Copy the Zb. 26
>Lock down the Mediterranean, take Gibraltar and the Suez if possible
That's all I can think of right now

>>Lock down the Mediterranean, take Gibraltar and the Suez if possible
That's a big 'if'.

replace all the commanders with Messe and all the soldiers with Germans

Literally this
If Itooly hadn't invaded Greece then Germany wouldn't have needed to delay Barbarossa as long as it did just to go clean up spilt spaghetti in the Balkans.
Theoretically this could have given them the leg up they needed to push into Moscow and Stalingrad as early as Spring or Summer rather than Autumn and Winter.

The bald fagottini was one of the worst things to happen to Italy
Didn't even make the trains run on time.

Attached: 1538700836395.png (652x682, 322K)

Well that's assuming the Regia Marina doesn't get zonked before they can do anything. The goal is to cut off the already large RN presence in the Mediterranean.

Then why suggest the worst man portable automatic mag fed rifle that is accurate and in a hard hitting round of WW2?

that's very little blood

Just rob them blind and move to the side that will win haha.
I don't want to be executed for war crimes lolol

Attached: 1541304928061.png (1024x768, 280K)

I didn't make the photo.
However, the photo is supposed to be some art piece
Because of that the use of blood is limited is as to better highlight its existence against the almost-completely-white scene.
If there were realistic amounts of blood then the scene may not be as powerful as it is, especially with the added caption.
If anything, adding a ton of blood would probably come off as overly-edgy.

The dubs and trips of military coups

>Launch a coup
>Fortify the fuck out of the border
>Stay out of the war in 1940
>Negotiate with the Allies to join in 1943 in exchange for massive economic, technological and material aid.

Come out of the war with the population intact, a seat at the victors table and an economy modernized by American dollars.

>executed
user, even many German officers got /comfy/ jobs after the war as long as they had acted with honor. Are you implying you were planning on committing war crimes during your service...?

Attached: galland.jpg (450x639, 43K)

fpbp as usual

This. Italy's contribution is never going to win the war for the Axis, so might as well bandwagon with the Allies in their inevitable victory, and play a bigger role in Europe in the post-war period.

>get the king to bail on German autismo at the first chance, probably shoot Baldy as well if he fails to understand the krauts are a lost cause
>stay out of the war and wait for those oil drills Balbo ordered in 1936 to arrive, use the newly found oil to boost the economy and maybe sell some to the Allies
>execute every officer and replace them with actually competent people
>which leads to completely reforming the whole army to not be a sad clusterfuck led by retards
>keep the Carcano (at least for the time being) and supplement it with automatic weapons at squad level
>also make sure the new MGs are not dogshit
>strengthen the borders and improve the whole logistics
and last, but not least
>make sure the whole merchant fleet isn't docked at enemy ports when shit goes down

>tap the Libyan oil reserves immediately and built extraction infrastructure (Libyan oil fields were largely unknown in WW2)
>supply Germany with oil so that Hitler doesn't have to invade the USSR before Britain is dealt with
>establish a joint headquarter with the German army to better coordinate the war
>cooperate with the German army in training and arms production, try to standardize with German equipment (license produce Pz IIIs and Bf 109s instead of the shitty Italian weapons for example)
>plan an invasion of Malta from the beginning
>declare war on Britain once France falls
>immediately take Malta
>convince Spain to join the Axis, take Gibraltar in cooperation with the German army
>convince Turkey to join the Axis, take the Suez in cooperation with the German army
>win the Mediterranean/North African theater

Attached: Europe 1939.png (1906x1655, 124K)

Why is Voivode Silesia dashed like that? Did the creator mean to indicate ex-CZ Zaolzie and make it too large?

don't know desu

Less casualties for the fallschirmjager and barbarossa not being delayed would probably mean that you'd actually get to moscow and set the soviets back even further.

I'm wondering if anything could be done to make the Italians more competent in North-Africa though.

you'd probably have to go back to the 1500s for that and create some semblance of a unified Italian culture

I use all the kickbacks I score from supply and procurement contracts to "procure" myself a Tuscan villa with a huge wine cellar and a variety of hot-tempered women to drain my balls every night.

And check in on the war every few days or whatever.

Yeah, for every Jodi or Keitel there were a hundred generals who at worst just retired. Some of them just went straight into senior positions in successor states, neither of which were that bad as far as puppet governments go.

You can't do anything because masonic and political influence and corruption are so much up the armed forces' asses that everything you do is inefficient and uneffective.
This is the sad truth, and realistically impossible to fix unless you go full Stalin on the armed forces.
Otherwise just stick out of the war.
If you MUST enter the war at all costs, pump up the intelligence services and have hitler do the same.
This alone increases tenfolds the chances of success.
If the allies develop Ultra or something similar it's gg.

If italians didn't have a semblance of a unified culture, people from the south wouldn't die shoulder to shoulder with people from Milano on the Piave.
>I'm wondering if anything could be done to make the Italians more competent in North-Africa though.
Without strong armoured divisions there's nothing much they could do besides supporting rommel.
Anyway if the axis didn't use a fucking caesar cypher the totality of their fuel supplies wouldn't have been sunk by the allies and maybe they could have achieved something.