Lol how were you even meant to carry this thing around? there are huge protrusions on every single side...

Lol how were you even meant to carry this thing around? there are huge protrusions on every single side, i can't see a way to carry this without having it dig into you in a really annoying manner.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

That’s what happens when you buy a cowadooty gun

>someone actually saw the guns in CoD and decided to make them irl
Thats awesome, i hope the make the mts-255 as well, i rekt some many noobs with that gun.

iirc doctrine for fallschirmjaegar was basically like odst- you'd never get the opportunity to just stand with your gun slung- you'd always be at low ready doing something

can you belt feed it ?

You carry it. Sometimes a piece of it may lightly poke you. If you slam yourself on it, it may poke you with more force. It's a weapon, not a luxury walking stick.

Even the Russians were concerned enough about things poking you that they moved the AK charging handle from the left side to the right side.

Flip up sights, with the sights flipped down its basically completely flat up top!

Attached: german soldiers marching1.jpg (1600x1217, 669K)

You have no idea how badly I wish my SKS bolt handle was on the left.

wow look at all those fg42s! You sure proved them wrong!

I mean, maybe if you're a bitch

But user then you couldn't comfortably carry it unless it were upside down of with the muzzle pointing to the right.

Or I'd just not give a shit about getting poked by it.

ah yes, i forgot how a weapon with an even looser sling than a mauser couldnt be carried over the neck, or slung over the front. If anyone ITT actually knew about the FG42, they would know that the entire purpose of its design was to be smaller and easier to carry slung, especially when the paratroops who carried them were to actually make a jump with them. The battle of Crete turned out to be a massive clusterfuck for the FJs because they did not actually carry their rifles with them when they jumped. Their equipment, and weapons were dropped seperately in large containers that the troops would have to scramble around and find, most of them only armed with pistols. The FG42 was deliberately designed to be easier to carry and not get caught on the soldier or his parachute.
Nobody here knows what they are talking about

Attached: athene-59laqitkgeseqog04hb_layout.jpg (500x333, 31K)

Not without permanent modifications.
Incidentally, an FG42 with the belt-feed and top covrt of an MG42 was literally the very first toolroom prototype for the M60.

Attached: FG42 with MG42 belt feed, first prototype for the M60 machinegun.jpg (800x343, 35K)

Attached: FG42 (1).jpg (1920x1268, 490K)

Attached: FG42 (2).jpg (800x675, 319K)

Attached: FG42 (3).jpg (1000x583, 49K)

Attached: FG 42.png (616x796, 285K)

Stupid Germans and they're stupid gun. Oh wait, it's only one of the most brilliantly engineered rifles of all time. The ergos are weird. Alright. But it was a marvel of its time and is still impressive today.