Scale it up to 5.56, make it take stanags...

Scale it up to 5.56, make it take stanags, slap on a picatinny rail on the top and it'll beat any other intermediate caliber rifle out there.

Attached: 1024px-M2CarbineGTAPage3.jpg (1024x804, 154K)

You mean a fucking Mini 14?

/thread

are we back to mini 14 spamming? I didn't get an email wtf

Mini 14 was a scaled down version of a piece of shit rifle
What suggesting is a scaled up version of a superb carbine

Will it still cost 3x as much as an AR? Will you have to send the entire rifle back to the manufacturer to have a firing pin fitted because the old one couldn't handle hard primers (and the new one isn't any better)?

.30 Carbine is fine.
You just need to scale down your autism.

>Will it still cost 3x as much as an AR?
Armies constantly show that they don't actually give a fuck, the marines are currently adopting a gun that costs twice the amount that an M4 does.
>and the new one isn't any better
obviously the whole gun will be produced with modern materials and processes

Oh, you were thinking about military application? Yikes.

>scale .30 Carbine up to .223
>.30 up to .223
>.30 carbine is effectively rifle-rized .357
What did he mean by this?

A military would not adopt this rifle you autist.
You would be looking exclusively at Civilian/LE sales.

>and it'll beat any other intermediate caliber rifle out there.
Hey, you're totally wrong. Stupidly wrong. You better shift that goalpost with some dumb comment about military spending and how your gun will use materials too futuristic to exist yet.
Oh, much better.
In before "I was just pretending".

It's a hybrid of scaled down M14 bolt/trigger and M1 carbine gas system. So not exactly.

Nice b8.
The retards will eat that shit up.
7.5/10

>materials too futuristic to exist yet
If other guns have materials that make for hard enough firing pins then it isn't futuristic

Oh shit it uses the carbine gas system? i didn't know that.
Well i still prefer the carbine bolt to the Garand

Other guns don't have a retarded design and don't need to use futuristic metals so they can achieve the same reliability of guns available today at a third the price.

wish .30 carbine was cheaper and auto ordinance carbines weren't trash

>Scale it up to 5.56, make it take stanags, slap on a picatinny rail on the top and it'll beat any other intermediate caliber rifle out there.

Attached: 1873-1.jpg (600x400, 59K)

THIS is what peak performance looks like

not him, but while .357 is a potent round for a handgun cartridge, 5.56 still blows it out of the water

That's the mini 14.

It sucks.

>Make it take stanags

Don't pretend that between this and a price reduction mini 14's wouldn't become sexy guns.

Ingram SAM. Which died because Ruger was quicker on the draw. Next.

I also feel like people don't think at all about what it would take to rework a Mini to take ar magazines. Especially if it were even woth it since they still sell well the way they are.

Attached: samrifles_zpsd2bab48b.jpg (637x410, 19K)

>I also feel like people don't think at all about what it would take to rework a Mini to take ar magazines.
eeh dude just slap on a polymer adapter, a piece of cake.

I would unironically buy a Springfield trapdoor in 5.56

Oh yeah I really want to replace my M4A1 with your wonky peice of shit with a rifle grip, fuck huge area to shit debris in and wobbly magazine adapter.

Please kill yourself

>my M4A1

To be fair if I had full auto I wouldn't really care about minis either.

Isn’t faglord OP implying this would be a great military weapon?

>adaptors of any kind
Not that simple.

but user my gun weighs 6 pounds and it's not like you're supposed to be dragging your rifle through the mud all day anyway

Not interested one bit. Also I’m not a weak faggot that a 7.5 pound carbine and your meme mini 14 with shit ergos, zero modularity, and a tapco magazine adapter at 6 pounds means a difference.