For those of us in ban states, would a m1 carbine be a good hd/plink/whatever rifle?

For those of us in ban states, would a m1 carbine be a good hd/plink/whatever rifle?

Ammo is decently priced and available, surplus is easy to come by and its a nice handing lightweight weapon. Only downsides I see is not much aftermarket like a ar.

Attached: 1CE53820-9228-45B9-9290-D74343BC6FEA.jpg (1278x472, 396K)

There's actually quite a bit of aftermarket, but you might have to scrounge for old stuff at gun shows. It was pretty much the AR-15 of it's day. Magazines are also dirt cheap, albeit often kind of shitty.

Ammo is however a bit less common than 5.56, although you could get a Mini-14 which basically gets you a 5.56 caliber M1 carbine/M14 hybrid and is also a ban state friendly option. That's kind of their niche.

Mini-14 is cheaper, more reliable, more aftermarket, and cheaper ammo.

generally less accurate, less powerful, slightly more expensive ammo. they're not bad at all but they're all old guns at this point and kind of expensive in the US so I really wouldn't say it really beats out a mini 14 or AR in any aspect other than size/weight

If a mini-14 is out, and M1 carbine ammo is a pain to come by, why not a lever action in .357 Mag? You can shoot .38 special for the same price as 9mm, and brass cased .357 is roughly on par with brass cased 55gr 5.56.

This
Some states ban the m1 by name. You can also get a capacity higher than 10 with some models

Attached: C51E0C52-2F6F-44E0-BE98-993F0D290930.jpg (1000x500, 95K)

It depends on what the state considers to be an assault weapon.
>passes the generic 2 feature test
>passes the generic 1 feature test
>fails if called out specifically in the law like some states do
>fails California's proposed no feature test that stated any semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine = assault weapon, this proposed bill didn't pass but did have enough support to make it to the governor and could very well pass in the near future
>fails Washington's new semi auto rifle = assault weapon test

Beyond that, .30 carbine ammo is less common and more expensive vs pistol ammunition/common intermediate cartridges, and good examples cost more than new production rifles in pistol calibers or common intermediate cartridges.

M1 carbine is now an assault weapon in WA
Literally anything semi auto is

This right here.
If you feel you need more oomph then get one in .44 or .45 colt.

Buy a Cucked AR for 1/2 the price

Can you get stripped AR-15 lowers? Yes? Then they're not banned.

Aftermarket support is nice, but you don't need a bunch of accessories and stock options to have a functional rifle. My main concern is that while it looks nice, it would be cheaper to just buy or build an SCR.

Wait what?!

Is this any good? Some say yes others say no.

Attached: ARES-Defense-SCR-Rifle.jpg (647x414, 16K)

Read the initiative that passed. Any metallic cartridge rifle that uses the energy to cycle another round is now an assault rifle. Now even an AR-7 is considered one.

The M1 is banned by name in a lot of the restrictive states. For example, NJ.

>.45 colt
>moar oomph than.357
Not even close, user. .45 colt lives above 9mm +P and .45+P. .357 lives just south of rifle rounds

How about you grow up and do whatever the fuck you want?

I don’t understand how any of these laws pass. It is violating the second amendment.

get the new ruger PC9
>break down 10/22 in 9mm
>home defense/shtf rifle
>cheap ammo, takes glock mags
>throw a cheap red dot and youre set for anything the dark skinned civilian populace can throw at you
makes ten times more sense than an M1 or anything else along those lines.

if you want full cuck mode get a kel tec su 16 or whatever they are.
but for my money? ruger PC9 cant be beat for all around blue state fuckery.

Attached: billybutcher.jpg (691x927, 271K)

A modern levergun is not limited to the same pressure as old-ass blackpowder revolvers. You can get some mean loads that are perfectly safe to fire out of a modern lever-action rifle.

Califag here
CA compliant rifle has to have non detachable mag OR featureless

M1 carbine does not have an adjustable/collapsable stock nor a pistol grip. As long as it doesnt have a flash hider, its not considered an assault rifle in CA

Attached: 75715939-97F9-4C64-869E-AA5290118A5B.png (599x510, 385K)

maybe

Mini 14 is cheaper, shoots a easier to find round and has mags available. (Not like you can ship mags to your house in a van state)

Because every level of government is corrupt

Worked for this guy.

Attached: gaddungvietnamvet.jpg (500x376, 42K)

Yes the M1 Carbine is based. But Ill tell you this.
>Get a spring replacemnt kit from Wolff and have a Smith install them
>Make sure your Carbine has an M2 Mag catch
>After market mags mostly suck reguardless of manufacturer. Stick with USGI 15 or 30 rounders. KeepShooting and those new korean made 30s are okay tho.
>Stay away from most post war made guns as they are mostly shit. AO and Inland guns are good.

I have two carbines and I love them.