/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Ignore that Air Force larping idiot edition

previous thread LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1507588635886.png (1139x626, 1.5M)

>been waiting 2 months for my waiver
>recruiter contacts me today saying “hey you just gotta fix up your application, seems like you missed something about your residencies”
>ask if this means my waiver hasn’t been sent out yet
>he confirms it hasn’t been sent out yet and I’ve been waiting around with my dick in my hand for 2 months

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Attached: 37A4D618-548B-4308-B12B-3A262714E07D.jpg (399x489, 26K)

I know that feel bro.
I've been waiting to go to MEPs since May.

Recruiters are lazy morons, you gotta be super pro active

It's not even my recruits fault, it's my orthodontist. Won't give a note saying when my braces come off, so I'm 100% stuck until he does.

Welcome to the military experience, user.

So what are the rules with enlisting and having political stuff out there already?

Attached: 1499459777256.png (712x512, 72K)

they dont give a fuck

Recruiter says I need to be in shape for the PJ's.
He and I both only know that you need to be insanely in shape, but he doesn't know exactly when the perfect time to enlist is after you've gotten in shape.

When do you know that you're physically ready for something like this?
I can already pass the PAST test requirements with moderate difficulty, so how much more should I condition myself before I'm ready?
Any thoughts?

Attached: fit.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

That's a relief.

Are you that same idiot whose been shitting up the past few threads?

Will becoming some loser soldier born to die in the sandpit give my life direction and purpose?

I’m currently in DEP for the navy and take the PST for seals every other week, I’m not sure about AF but I enlisted in October and ship in February and basically have until the end of January to pass the PST, I trained for about 6 months before enlisting and have about 4 months to pass so really it depends on your ship date how long you will have to meet the physical requirements, id say if you can meet most of the minimum requirements to go ahead and enlist because you will inevitably have some time to improve

And in the same breath they'll mope about not having enough "qualified candidates"

Until the military fixes its recruiting process, they are going to suffer

The military will give you a chance, but it's not going to hold your hand. Even after basic, you're going to be expected to do your job and be independent, to an extent. You have to find that purpose and direction within yourself

Different person here, what are your stats just curious? Also age? Wondering if most other guys youre training with where they are age wise.

I can't decide which branch I want to enlist in. I earned a degree in Business Analytics & Marketing, so I assume those skills would carry over into some sort of intelligence/analyst position, but each branch offers a few variations on that. Is any branch better suited for my degree, or will my decision come down to qualitative attributes like culture?
In case it helps: I'm 23, and I have been applying for jobs related to my field since I graduated in May, so I'm getting discouraged by the lack of success. My only financial incentive for wanting to join the military is the promise of health/dental insurance.

Attached: 1440056149166.jpg (400x400, 12K)

>getting a degree and then enlisting

I combed through my online application and fixed everything. Let him know, hopefully this shit will get rolling now. Hoping to get the fuck out of my home city before February

The sad part is that it's not actually the worst option in the current economy.

>The sad part is that it's not actually the worst option in the current economy.
move out of the Blue user
economy is steam rolling here

Just so you know healthcare in the military sucks. An illegal immigrant is going to get better free healthcare than you.

That said the best bang for your time served is the Army. You'll sometimes get a bonus if you enlist this time of year, and you get to choose your specific job and generally speaking have more wiggle room when it comes to pretty much everything.

>USAF QTS

Attached: lol.webm (720x304, 2.33M)

Quality of life in the Army isn't all that great, however. Navy and Air Force have better base locations and better quality of life

Healthcare ranges from absolute shit to really great in the military. Overall it's one of the best things you just have to actually stay on it and if it's a real problem go to a real hospital

is that from the walking dead or something?

Will the military talk to my address references if I'm not getting any clearances?

Attached: 0D9269C3ADD64E699015C3827D9DAC83.jpg (777x578, 43K)

What references? You wouldn't fill out an sf86

You have to put your previous addresses and put a reference down

Just use your parents but no they're not going to dig into you at all and even if they did so what?

Just curious, don't know why they want them

Go to OCS and do Contracting in the Air Force. You already have a leg up.
>Regular hours
>Not going to get shot at
>Good options after retirement

no. i got a secret clearance and used my parents and friends i havent spoken to in years. they didnt call shit

Swim-10:06
Push-ups-63
Sit-ups-38
Pull-ups-8
Run-10:27
I’m 21, there’s only one other guy there who’s 23, I haven’t gotten my contract yet but like I said have till February to meet standards

>Sit-ups-38
Really? thats usually peoples highest thing but its your lowest.

Yeah I have this issue of swallowing air during the swim idk why but I’m super bloated for the sit-ups and it makes it really hard

How do you know they didn't talk to them?

well thats interesting. What contract do you have in the mean time until you get your seal contract? Also are you deadly serious about going seal? I mean your not some cod kid doing this on a whim.

CTR-cryptology, and no I dropped out of college with a 3.2 gpa specifically to become a seal so I’m pretty serious about it

Ok look i was gonna keep it closed but im running a small SOF prep discord and we have no seals. Theres only about 10 of us, we share workout info, mil articles, and some nighttime bants. If you want an invite gimme your discord name with the # and ill invite you.

God dammit not one of them is remotely fuckable.

... Fuck. I guess ill take the spic lt on the front right.

NotGlowingT8

How deep does MEPs dig? can they find out about ADHD and Bipolar disorder?

Attached: goodolddays.jpg (700x520, 48K)

Only if you tell them about it.

Then no one will ever know

Attached: 1516523102467.gif (320x240, 2.83M)

>brother was supposed to come home for 4 days between pre-RASP and RASP, planned on giving him an early thanksgiving since he’d be training thru december after this break he was given
>drill sergeants just told his company they all need to cancel their flights since their break is now cancelled and they cant leave

Attached: 2D967011-5F59-4D3E-8D79-5A2DEA7794D2.jpg (400x400, 25K)

sorry user. might be fun to have it next time you see him. like in march or something.

haha, welcome to the military.

Classic

Embarrassing question here, wanna enlist in AF but I've got external hemorrhoids or skin tag or something that don't cause pain or bleeding and just sorta haven't gone away. Am I 100% gonna get DQ'd at MEPS? From what I've read hemorrhoids are usually a temp DQ.

How Bout. You fix it?

So what's your problem? Go and don't say anything. If you pass, great; if temp DQ, get a civvie doc to freeze your cosmetic ass pustules off with compressed nitrogen and go back next month.

Hey guys I'm a math major currently and don't have great job opportunities after college. I want to join the military to gain leadership and team skills. Currently, I'm thinking about Army OCS, but maybe I should go AF instead?

I was planning on doing Data Science after uni, I have a concentration in statistics and programming.

I'm not afraid of combat but I doubt anything related of my skillset shows that.

What do you guys think?

Alright 5'10 225 pound dummy with a score of 59 on the asvab here. I got injured after talks with the airforce and never mentioned it nor was it recorded so I could have a chance in the future. Just had an army recruiter call me up and out of professional courtesy i obliged him. The only way id go into the army is if they have the right mos for me. Im thinking about getting a medical degree. With my score what kinda of medical opportunities would I have or should I retake the asvab? I dont want to waste my time or his.

so that's why they never get anything done

>a score of 59 on the asvab
holy shit

Navy Hospital Corpsman wouldn't be bad if you just want medical opportunities

To be fair i didn't sleep for two days and was drunk.

You don't choose your job in the air force and contracting is one of the most rare drops, pretty certain it is a smaller career field than cyber.

Banking on the air force is probably the worst decision you can make.

Can a high functioning autist join the air guard?

Move out of the midwest is more like it. A degree in anything will get you a decent paying job even if it is as a random office worker in the coastal states.

Write out the roi on moving from whichever shithole you live in, realize it makes sense, make the move... don't enlist in the fucking military with a degree - at least try to commission before you throw away the last and next four years of your life.

Yes

>head to navy recruiteroffice
>take practice asvab
>score a 67
Am I a brainlet?

best mos for math guy who hates programming?

How do you have that concentration and not have job opportunities? Data science is in high demand last I checked

You be the judge

Hmm ill look into it thank you.

No u

but seriously, what is the best way to study for the ASVAB?

Isnt he too much of a brainlet to be a corpsman? Plus hes overweight. Fatass needs to drop 40 pounds.

>medical degree
> 59 on the asvab
"no"
Be born smart

Any dual citizens here who have gotten a TS? If so, anything you can tell me about how it went? I have dual citizenship with Germany and lived there for a few years after I graduated high school.

What branch nerd

Can i get American citizenship if i join your army?

Did you not read the other post?

I'm a dual citizen with Mexico and I hold a sci, never had to renounce or anything when I was commissioned or at any point in the eval process.

I have no idea what causes people to have to renounce, or if it is just bullshit that faggots online make up.

The one about you coping and saying you were drunk and not sleeping? Ya doesnt matter.

Yeah that'd be the one fair enough. If you have a better insight then what would your advice be. Genuinely curious not being a smartass.

Can i get this answered? is it possible to fly over and sign up or not?

It's not as easy as just flying over, you need to have permanent residency in USA beforehand. After that though you can get citizenship quickly after joining.

No, you have to be a resident in order to join and as a resident you only qualify for jobs which don't require security clearances.

L2google, fgt.

Thanks cunts, I got a trade do you think it would be difficult to get a job over there even as trade assistant or something?
I tried googling shit but i don't really know what to do.
Is it hard to get permanent residency? also im 32 and i think im too old for the marines i could try to get into the engineers (dont know what you call it) since i have a trade back ground.

Can i have some feed back please seppos

it's not gonna happen

Take life seriously and dont act like an edge lord? If you knew when you were taking the asvab then youre an idiot for taking it on no sleep and being drunk.

Since the 70s instead of the general line you have to be sponsored in order to come to the US. The line takes about ten years, so sponsorship is really the only choice, and sponsorship will only happen if you have a stem degree from a university in your country.

You're pretty much screwed if university isn't an option, so I'd forget about coming here if I were you as it is a pipe dream unless you can somehow find a citizen to marry you - even then it takes a couple years for you to get residency.

> took 3 hours on a practice asvab to get a 96
How do I finish this damn test faster? Pen and paper math is a bitch dudes

Attached: 1C101DFB-832D-498A-B60D-4B90F0B99556.png (510x346, 149K)

Expanding on what said, it might be possible for you to enlist in the Army (max. enlistment age of 42) if you managed to get residency within ten years. But that's about it afaik.

Like any other national test just take practice tests and work on your weak points
Asvab only matters for getting the job you want

I wasnt acting like an edgelord, just a string of poor decisions while I was still in school. Didn't even know we where gonna take it that day. But your right maybe I should get off my ass crack a book and take it again.

Wish my country had a military culture instead of a disarm the population and restrict the size of the army culture.
Cheers, shits fucked aye

Good attitude.
But if you score low again then rip cause you are just stupid. Hopefully that wont happen.

I'm pretty sure a 59 is enough to be a corpsman, but yeah guy needs to do some situps or something

>He didn't get chosen to be the one that had to take the complete test at MEPS instead of the verification questions
stop complaining

Well even if I am just stupid I'm not really going to give up on my goals. No one in my family has ever been to college. I want to be the first to show an example to my siblings. After a couple months of brushing up ill take it next year. I appreciate your wisdom.

>Wish my country had a military culture instead of a disarm the population and restrict the size of the army culture.

Eh, it is a double-edged sword. So much of our tax money goes to defense contractors who build (or something don't build) stuff that sits in a hanger or in a desert until it becomes old, then the pentagon sells it to an ally at about 1/4 of the price. 40W light bulbs get sold for $1200 and blatantly shady shit like that.

Don't even get me started on the bootlicking culture in the US. Kids who have never done anything but sit in the barracks and jack off act all entitled in every domain.

Its fucked, I look at the aus military site and its got the usual feminist stuff all advertising has women doing roles then theres the commitment to diversity and how they talk about serving our interests (lmao) and that its just another job.
Talk about demoralizing then there's the bullshit lets hold hands in a circle thing they got going on with all the sports. I dont get it, I think you really have to believe it the whole thing the narrative and all the brainwashing.
I cant i have completely deprogrammed myself, People i think tend to get the feeling they want some kind of hard reset i mean im thinking thats how they want you to feel then they exploit that.

I feel for you. Things will get better in the US as the gwot gets older and people continue to lose interest, but what is going on over there sounds like a cultural change.

Hey Jow Forums! So my boyfriend wants to go into the military but isn’t sure what he wants to do. Is there anything he could take that’s get him deployed to Japan? We both thought that would be fun. Sorry for being new here.

>its got the usual feminist stuff all advertising has women doing roles then theres the commitment to diversity and how they talk about serving our interests
Um sorry to break this to you mate but that's the same kinda shit in the us military. I just watched an ad on youtube for the airforce and it had 2 black guys, one of them a pilot, and 2 women as the servicemen in the ad, no white men. honestly makes me think twice bout joining the airguard MPs

post feet

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Applies in Military and regular world. Omly you have your best intrests in mind. Do not be afraid ever in your career to call and ask constantly, stay on there asses.

Attached: 20180828_090252.jpg (5312x2988, 2.26M)