Talk me out of buying a Carcano. They’re cheap (espicially sporterized), have little to no collectors value...

Talk me out of buying a Carcano. They’re cheap (espicially sporterized), have little to no collectors value, so could litterally beat it to shit and nobody’ll care, assiociated with WW2, and the Kennedy assassination (just a part of history, not saying it was good). Only down side I see is that the ammo is expensive( especially in 7.35x51 Carcano), and you need clips to use the magazine.

Attached: C94FC6F8-9EC3-4111-9FD9-BF6898AC6822.jpg (1920x656, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/790955997
gunpartscorp.com/products/499620
buffaloarms.com/italian-carcano-six-round-steel-stripper-clips-scmcarc
gunpartscorp.com/products/1088400)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it was made up out of parts and sold as a 'collector's item' it may not be safe to shoot due to headspace and other tolerance problems. This is a problem with many military rifles not just the Mannlicher-Carcano.

I've also been thinking about buying a carcano op. How are they by you? In chiraq they go for $200

They are an interesting rifle, and a people are either of the "best rifle of ww2" group, or "it's a fence post" group.

They rattle, the safety is awkward despite what pastaboos will tell you, and clips (in decent condition), triggers suck, and ammo can be a pain to find. The sights are kinda neat to play with, and they do look good, but they feel like an Italian mosin, there are much better, easier to feed Mannlichers out there.

Attached: 20170917_132430.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

not op but another illinoisbro, found one for 200 as well. seems to be the going price

>have little to no collectors value
Remember when people said that about Mosins 2 years ago?

Good point, but unless people get desperate for a milsurp raifu, I don’t see em going up a whole lot.
So wwyd?
I’ve been looking on gunbroker. Just like Illinois Jow Forumsbro said, that’s about going price. Personally, if it was functionally sound, in pretty good shape, I’d probably get it. On Gunbroker, things are typically a little higher. ~300-4 something for the pic starting this thread. For a sporterized I found some sub 200.

the M38 Caracno short rifles behave like M44 Carbines, very loud and with massive fireballs. They're very fun to mess around with at the range. The folding bayos are gangster but good luck finding one for a non-retard price. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding 6.5 Carcano but 7.35 can be very tricky to obtain in larger quantities.

>They’re cheap (espicially sporterized), have little to no collectors value, so could litterally beat it to shit and nobody’ll care
have you faggots learned nothing from the Mosin price boom? Carcanos are still cheap thanks to fuddlore but they won't stay that way forever. If you bubba the poor thing or drag it over rocks I will slap the shit out of you.

>a people are either of the "best rifle of ww2" group, or "it's a fence post" group.
you say that like there's a debate to be had, it's obviously the GOAT

Attached: carcano_bayo3.jpg (2560x1920, 541K)

If you don't reload don't bother with it.
If you do, go for it.

Wat do?
gunbroker.com/item/790955997
I mean that’s pretty hard not to consider.

>I don’t see em going up a whole lot.

Attached: Screenshot_20170915-003203.png (1080x1920, 224K)

get a 6.5. 7.35 is unobtanium.

>wall hanger, yeah
>viable weapon, no so much
>modern ammo is not sized right, causing it to be inaccurate

Mine has fixed iron sites, it was a bring back my grandfather brought home. I have had it for 31 years.

So that’s why user said unless you reload to forget it.. ohhhh... that manes more sense. post pic?

yeah, i reload for mine and I have only a few boxes of OE ammo in clips

Attached: DSC_1326.jpg (3872x2592, 3.77M)

Very nice user. She’s beautiful. I think if anything I’ll just probably go with a modern bolty in .308. Common ammo, cheap, nothing collectible about it. Thought about in .223, but I want something common, and powerful enough for pretty much any threat 2 or 4 legged while ay the same time being able to load light loads.

>any threat 2 or 4 legged while ay the same time being able to load light loads

.223 is common but not for all 4 leggers depending on where you live.
one thing I noticed when there was an ammo shortage was that legit hunting rounds were fine and in stock. 30-30, 243, .270

What about .308, 30-06, or 8mm?

>tfw milsurp is getting expensive just as you start thinking its neat.
God damn carcano and arisaka bug has bitten me. Oh well, I'll just get the ones in the rare cartridges, I've already got my milsurp shooters.

Expensive/difficult to feed
Not a whole lot of practical use
Meh tier performance
Just save your money for something better.
Also JFK was popped by 5.56 from the secret service, not intentionally, but firing back at the window, and didnt check his field of fire.
(Someone else still shot JFK in the neck though)

Couple of Carcano questions here.

Anyone know if either of these places is good to buy Carcano clips from?
gunpartscorp.com/products/499620
buffaloarms.com/italian-carcano-six-round-steel-stripper-clips-scmcarc

Also, if the bayonet reproduction (gunpartscorp.com/products/1088400) is any good?

Lastly, I've read a lot about 6.5mm Carcano ammo problems, does anyone have a recommended company they buy ammo from?