/rlg/ Reloading general

Reloading thread

I have been using a load for my winchester 94 that is:
175 gr. powder coat bullet out of lee .309 mould
31.5 gr. of H335

I understand this is a hot load and quickLoad screams at me because it exceeds max chamber pressure by 4600. I got to this load though, by inputting the same .30-30 load that is on the h335 label and then tweaking mine so it is a bit less in terms of chamber pressure.

According to quickLoad though, it is still above SAAMI so am I playing with fire? If so then why would hodgden put load data on their product that could potentially be dangerous (I know its max load data)

Attached: h335 label.jpg (640x480, 49K)

My new ammo came in the mail! I'm gonna be reloading these sums a biches. The warning on the cover gave me a giggle.

What do the lads of Jow Forums like to shoot? Post your reloads or what you like and tell me why.

Attached: S&B.jpg (2000x850, 425K)

Does anybody here buy powder online? Do you usually get it cheaper than buying in stores or do they hit you with some hazmat tax or something.

Fuck, powder is costly.

Attached: powdah.jpg (360x232, 20K)

My local lgs has powder for less than $30/lb and primers $30/1k. I'd have to order a couple hundred dollars worth of primers/powders to make up for shipping/hazmat.

there's only one way to find out

I've already shot about 60 rounds of them. Everything seemed fine but then again, I didn't check for any pressure warnings on the brass and such.

budget bump

Attached: bestdies.jpg (2000x1125, 353K)

help I accidentally the RCBS universal hand priming tool

u wot m8

Attached: uwotm8.jpg (528x512, 37K)

I wanna get one of these, is there a full length resizer I can get for it? Wanna shoot ammo in different guns so I hear you need to full length resize.

I accidentally the whole thing

Who's gonna have the best black friday and cyber monday deals for reloading stuff? Likely getting a Lee reloading kit this weekend and I want to know where to look.

prolly the bezos cunts over at A__zon, sorry to say. look at sportsmansguide or midwayusa first though.

I got the rcbs rock chucker supreme off midway last year's black friday. Great price.

Try brownells during their free haz/ship deals

How to lube rifle cases in bulk and fast? Also what lube? Im new to this and bought one shot lube spray

Put em all in a big baggy, then get a bunch of lube and spray it in there/pour it in. Then mix it around.
Done.
I've used Hornady's wet lube paste and Lee's. prefer hornady.

i've heard good things about Dillon Case Lube (DCL). just spray it on the cases and let the alcohol dry. watch some loads of bacon reloading videos.

Imperial sizing wax. Lube the hand that you feed the case with and just rub the shoulders as you put them into the press.

This, wax>spray and it's not even close.
Do any of you guys reload 357 sig?

Attached: 20180513_150645.jpg (4032x2268, 2.6M)

Find liquid lanolin, mix it with alcohol.
12 parts alcohol 1 part lanolin. Mix it in a spray bottle.

If youre reloading pistol rounds and you have carbide dies, you dont need to use case lube.

For rifle cartridges, ill throw like 20 30-06 in a box big enough that they can all lay flat, few sprays, shuffle them around, another few sprays, let sit till alcohol evaporates, start resizing.

Yes, you can usually get between 5-15% lower sticker price online. If you buy more than a couple pounds at a time the hazmat fee (flat fee, either $25 or $27.50 per order up to 50lbs of hazmat) is pretty negligible, and usually well under what you'd pay in sales tax.

>example
I can buy 8lbs of Varget online in a couple different places for $180 sticker price. Paying hazmat of $25 and with free shipping this is $205 per 8lbs, or $25.63 per pound.

Conversely, I could buy 8lbs of Varget locally for anywhere between $211 and $218 sticker price (and I've been told/it seems to be pretty normal pricing). Plus anywhere from 7.28 to 13.1% sales tax, so the total OTD price is between $226.36 and $246.56, so between $28.30 and $30.82/lb

I want to load .223, .30-06, and .30-30 using only one powder product. I want this powder to be either ball or flake so it can measure nicely in my powder thrower.

What powder will satisfy these conditions?

Either BL-C2 or RL15

RL-15 is a stick powder though. I'm not too big on using stick powders because the thrower doesn't throw consistently with them. I used some IMR 4350 and had to use the trickler for every charge which made loading take a stupid amount of time.

>Varget
Always amused me that such a ubiquitous powder is made in Australia of all places.

Attached: Varget-8.jpg (1000x1000, 139K)

Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester powders are all made by Australian Defense Industries (ADI)

Incorrect, ball powders such as HP38 and Winchester 231 are made by General Dynamics St. Marks Powder in the USA. Only the powders in pic related are Australian.

Attached: file.png (1146x1236, 95K)