Washington State General

Official Washington State thread: Rise up edition

Discuss meetups, shooting locations, best gun shops and other firearms related discussion.

Attached: 180312-180128107108148b-3_2000x.png (350x350, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/WA_guns/comments/9v20nw/hipaa_and_i1639/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>washington
not Jow Forums related any more, sorry

This is now a California Acquisition Thread, thanks for securing the north west front for us ;)

Anyone ever meet fortunecookie45lc?

I’ve seen some vids that have him somewhere in kitsap county.
Namely, some stuff with the 4th of july near the bainbridge ferry terminal, and at the range near silverdale

Attached: C4DE6A25-A48C-4948-B495-2C2175AC76FE.jpg (2400x1428, 363K)

>can we just go back to circle jerking
>please

the new gun law passed, pucker your assholes

meet the new chad

Attached: 76d3728758cc053f700f0e6a2e8bcad6--bobs-king.jpg (200x281, 12K)

>Washington
Ahahahaha good luck faggots

New Yorker here, welcome to the sad sad club.
What exactly was passed gun law wise? And did they get some super liberal governor or something?

Wheres the discord

>Raise minimum age to 21
>require training certificate to possess semi automatic rifle must renew every 5 years
>10 day "cooling off" period after purchase
>"expanded background" checks

training to buy, not possess but basically this

And almost everything is an assault weapon.

preddy gay, but did they ban any firearms? Or did they just make them more difficult to get? I’m not familiar with their state gun laws.

What happens now boys? Will 1639 get overturned or tied up in court for long enough to get dropped? When does it take effect? I can't help but be stressed out today and I barely slept last night. Someone hold me.

Attached: 1529620578148-vg.jpg (836x526, 109K)

more nuisance and fees to purchase, everything is still legal sans NFA machine guns

That's a dangerous loophole that will gradually be closed around your neck and you know it, user.

won't end here

gun grabbers are never satisfied

All among the gun grabbers are competing who gets to have their face on the history books as being responsible for eradicating guns from america

All semi auto rifles are now assault rifles.
This is obvious preparation for a future AWB.
You also forfeit all your medical records and can be denied ownership if they don't like what they see.

Has the Constitutional Sheriff's Association said anything yet?

You forfeit all your medical records? I-1639 sounds like a violation of the 2nd amendment, 4th amendment, and HIPAA.

LOL @ all the NRA supporters thinking that cucked organization will do shit to help them.

The funny thing is the nra spent around half a million against this, meanwhile several tech billionaires spent orders of magnitude more, yet the liberal faggots are still crying about how the ebil nra was trying to buy votes with their pocket change and how terrible money in politics is. They have zero self awareness

There were tons of threads last evening.

This will get challenged for sure. The fact it got into the ballot was illegal, but the court said they couldn't do anything until it was enacted.

So it will be challenged. Hopefully the whole thing is ruled invalid, but if not, Heller will defeat the safe storage requirement part. The age restriction will probably be upheld. As for the licensing, tax and waiving your health rights that's the biggest issue. Other states already have licensing in place with health waivers. Also get ready to pay $500 for a private run class on gun safety and training for your license.

Also a big part is that only semi autos are required to have licensing which I think the court would destroy. Singling out a specific firearm operation vs bolt action etc.

>waiving your health rights is an issue

sorry, the state HCA has to comply with law enforcement under HIPPA

reddit.com/r/WA_guns/comments/9v20nw/hipaa_and_i1639/

>drive an extra hour or two and buy from a neighboring state

Parts of it are like to get overturned because they've been previously ruled on already, like safety storage and the blanket definition of assault rifle being too broad. However other states do have licensing and whatnot so those will be the hardest to challenge. But who knows, maybe it might all go. Keep in mind the ease that the NRA and SAF had to get it off the ballot originally

unironically click your link and stay there.

>Also a big part is that only semi autos are required to have licensing which I think the court would destroy. Singling out a specific firearm operation vs bolt action etc.
Why would the courts destroy that? Ignoring the fact that nothing in the law is likely to rise to a 2A claim under modern interpretations, the exact opposite is likely. There's no anti-discrimination law for firearms. If the law covered all weapons, you might have a claim. But if it just affects some, they will argue that the 2A is satisfied because the restrictions don't limit your ability to own some kind of firearm. Then the only thing you'll have to stand on is the bit from D.C. v Heller about commonly used weapons that has been summarily ignored by states and lower courts. Unless this this gets thrown out on technical grounds because of the ballot language, don't expect any court to overturn it unless SCOTUS decides to revisit and substantially strengthen their decision in Heller.

>reddit

r/WA_guns is actually a good subreddit, retard.

god damn it.

So go there and fucking stay there.

Nigga, you're seriously more pissed over a reddit link than important information in the post?

I would be sooooooo excited to meet him and say “I’m one of your Shooters and Reloaders, take me to the Hot Lead Zone plz”

This is like only half of it

le secret Jow Forums club, hehe

Nothing to do with secret club. Redit me mentality DOES NOT work here. Just like the californians currently invading Washington. They just don't belong.

any idea of the licence and the renewal fee?

Why wouldn’t they?

The NRA already had a legal win over this before the Washington state court overturned that on a technicality. Not to mention the mandatory storage law was ruled unconstitutional already by the 9th circuit. Also we’ve got a stacked Supreme Court, wouldn’t be surprised if they bring some of this bullshit all the way up.

Worst case scenario some of it gets tossed out. Best case the whole thing does because it shouldn’t have been on the ballots in the first place. Long shot, it goes to the Supreme Court who finally hands a giant fuck toy down to gun grabbing states.

HCA is already allowed to share info with Law Enforcement on request under HIPPA. So we don't have any standing on that.

>HCA has to comply with law enforcement

Thank goodness I'm too poor to afford healthcare in Washington State.

Don't be a douche, I've been on Jow Forums since 2005 and I have no beef with shitposting on the forbidden zone. Sometimes there are decent discussions there... sometimes.

That post on HIPAA is one of those times.

Get fucked. Stay away from my state. Enjoy your "pro gun" niggers, spics and leftists.

Which state.

thinking over what i should pick up before this shit goes into effect.

a .30 cal or variable suppressor is on the list, but beyond that I don't know which direction to go. the only basic i lack is a bolt action, beyond that its just memes and dreams.

Fuck off nigger

But this doesnt change nfa item regulations

>Also we’ve got a stacked Supreme Court
That literally does not matter because it will never make it past the 9th circuit.
The 9th circuit will buttfuck us entirely.
screencap this post.

Dumb question.
Does Washington have anti-age-discrimination laws? Because raising the age requirement might violate.

More details on the medical history provision?
Because as it's described, it violates due process. You can be diagnosed with something and you could never be adjudicated with zero court hearing or trial and if you get denied the right to keep and bear arms without due process that seems pretty cut and dry.

Did one of your homokids buy a lower and vr60 shotgun from my work today?

Dude weed tho lmao

post the discord please, I need friends

Prohibition to buy not own. That's how handgats stay regulated to 21.

You won't find any there. Just stale memes and traps.

We will keep our rights.
Kek wills it.

every one of you is heartily invited to move to Oregon. it's not great anymore but it's better than cuckington and you might be able to keep your job and commute.

If I'm going to move I may as well go to Idaho. The coasts and cities are a shit show.

no thanks

>already have safe for long guns
>handgun stays near the bed cause fuck safe storage id rather have a misdemeanor if its stolen than be dead.
>already have all the semi autos i want
>everything else i have/want is exempt cause "antiques"
>over 21
>no disqualifying factors in bg
why should i care about this?

Attached: 123132413241.jpg (201x603, 32K)

you're next fgt we both know a full AWB is coming for you. You got a year use it wisely

Attached: katebrown_400_400_90.jpg (400x400, 57K)

Legally defined all semiautomatic rifles as assault rifles so when they decide to ban assault rifles we lose them.

Damn shame I lost my AR on that fishing trip :'(

Dunno but both WASPC and WSA told aggressively said it won't be enforced

Yeah Seattle and Inslee are already shitting on that by pushing Extreme Risk Protection Orders, which result in people having property seized on order of a judge with no basis other than someone feels "threatened", and the burden of proof is on the private citizen to prove they aren't a threat.

If you're handgun is stolen, you get a felony, fudd. Thanks for giving a shit.

Don't forget how those extended background checks, actually fuck with your hipaa patient privacy.

I live about half an hour from Idaho, if I was to purchase a gun there, what kind of process happens, just Idaho rules?

boating accident.
gross misdemeanor at best. If my handgun is stolen then used in a mass shooting and they can prove gross negligence on my part then MAYBE ill get a felony. But the safe storage stuff is the first thing going to court in a few months, so we'll see.

Will Dino Rossi finally take the hint this time, or will he go for a fifth loss?

As long as it's a long gun and you buy from an FFL, I think it should be legal even after I-1639 takes effect. Though you may want to consult with a lawyer first. Handguns are out, as they have to go through an FFL in your own state.

If the firearm was illegal in your state of residence, my understanding is that it would be illegal for an out-of-state FFL to sell it to you. But since I-1639 doesn't make any firearms illegal, I think it should be okay.

But like I said, consult a lawyer. Not the internet.

who knows, we don't have Gregoire to mysteriously find enough votes after losing election and 4? recounts before getting one to win.

>That literally does not matter because it will never make it past the 9th circuit.
>The 9th circuit will buttfuck us entirely.
Do you know how appeals work? We can APPEAL what they say and move it to the next step as long as people actually fight this.

No, FFL must follow the rules of your home state up to and including waiting period, taxes, licensing etc.

Idaho has private sales and gun shows also.

IIRC Per federal law private sales are illegal to out of state buyers. but who's gonna know.

>Also we’ve got a stacked Supreme Court, wouldn’t be surprised if they bring some of this bullshit all the way up.
Do you have any idea how long that will take? Let me put this in terms you might be able to understand. Let's assume you are in your 20s. You actually run a good chance of dying before the USSC sees this.

A firearm being sold over state lines must go through an FFL in all cases. For long guns it can be an FFL in either state. For handguns, it must be an FFL in the buyers state.

Does 1639 cover pistols as well? Like CZ Scorpion or AR pistols?

>boating accident.
Guns are for more than durrrr hunting, grandpa.

>My .22 is now an assault rifle.
Fuck, the baby killing bullets are just going to explode in prices now, aren't they?

I'm just glad that fucking cuck Paul Allen died before he could see his millions succeed in his gun grabbing endeavors.

the training and general loss of dignity due to bootlicking

and no private sales

all of that shit is unenforceable and you know it - if i'm buying from someone in another state face-to-face, no one buy me and the seller will ever know the sale occured.

It would be pretty hard to prove that the stolen handgun wasn't secured

(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply if:
(a) The firearm was in secure gun storage, or secured with a
trigger lock or similar device that is designed to prevent the
unauthorized use or discharge of the firearm;

- a trigger locking device counts as a safe storage device. As most firearms purchased nowadays come with at least one of these devices, I don't think there is a way to prove you did or did not have the trigger lock on the gun if it were stolen as those things can be sawed through with a dremel or hand tools from someone with some time on their hands and was really out to steal a gun.

Attached: 1483364516477.jpg (750x937, 97K)

no just gun safe storage
semi autos have same rules as pistol [fuck 18-21]
and a class before you can buy semi auto
and a 25 dollar per gun sale tax towards mental health

but everyone keeps claiming the sky is falling

tar and feather me boys i voted for 1639.

didn't find anything objectionable in it.

i would rather have just rules for semi autos the. have them try and ban certain features like ny or ca

nigger, what does shall not infringe mean to you

Also besides the point listed, one of the very sections points out that if you declare to local LEA that the firearm has been stolen within 5 days you are exempt from criminal charges pertaining to the stolen firearm.

(d) The prohibited person's access to the firearm was obtained
as a result of an unlawful entry, provided that the unauthorized
access or theft of the firearm is reported to a local law
enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which the unauthorized
access or theft occurred within five days of the time the victim of
the unlawful entry knew or reasonably should have known that the
firearm had been taken.

It seems more of a common sense thing that doesn't need a law.

The only situation I see getting boned in is if you have children or ex-convicted folks living with you and you store your firearms out in the open where they can get at them easily. If they are
then stolen, used (non-lawfully IE not in self-defense), and it can be proven that you were negligible, you will be charged with criminal negligence for endangering the community

Attached: 1468396498136.gif (350x300, 1.99M)

nigger, what does well regulated mean to you

we did have a shooting with a 10/22 hear.

dude went 5 for 5. 5 shot 5 fatalities.

>no flinch
>relatively quiet compared to 5.56 etc
>no recoil
>with a red dot can get on target super fast.
It would be deadly as fuck. I can't not mag dump with mine because it is so easy to shoot.

>in working order
and even if it didnt should an oppressive state regulate its means of deposition

This guy has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen

Why do coastal areas breed such colossal faggotry?

and the leagle inforcement if its guilty untill proven innocent like rape is they dont really have to prove you locked your guns they just have to prove its your gun

Law enforcement does indeed need to prove that the firearm was stored in an unsafe manner, that is one of the pieces of the bill. to be charged like that the following things must happen:

1.) Your weapon was stolen.
2.) You never reported it stolen within a 5 day timeframe of a break-in where it was (reasonably) noticed stolen.
3.) It was used in a crime (thus why police officers have the firearm and are presumably asking you questions about it's acquisition by someone who is not you).
4.) It can be proven that you stored it in an unsafe manner leading to it's final whereabouts and circumstances.

Familiarize yourself with the law and you will not have a problem. If all of the above are false and you are charged with Felony endangerment of the community under this law, it can be thrown out quite easily.

Looking at negatives as there are indeed a few of em:
>1.) Cost of training on purchase of new Semi-Automatic rifle
>2.) Availability of said training (are there existing programs, or is this run out of a as-of-yet-announced single office in one police station in central Washington?)
>3.) How do you prove said training?
>4.) Do you have to re-take this course every new semi-auto firearm purchase?
>5.) Checking mental health conditions and using mental health records as a method of barring you from purchasing a new firearm when those definitions were not clearly laid out (what mental conditions constitute a background check failure?)

Attached: 1461596458011.jpg (500x356, 50K)

mass shooting in california nightclub , just FYI. cant make a happening thread here bceasue mods are fags who ban you

>the. have them try and ban certain features like ny or ca
And now you're one step closer to them doing that. You think you can satiate their hunger with an offering? They want everything and they will get it

.) Checking mental health conditions and using mental health records as a method of barring you from purchasing a new firearm when those definitions were not clearly laid out (what mental conditions constitute a background check failure?)
Currently only anything that would fail you on a 4473, they just gave the ability to check those records.
Be on the look out for future laws