Should duels make a comeback?

There are a number of reasons for duels to make a comeback. One being that a lot of people seems to be offended by other's actions. This ought to be resolved in an honorable fashion rather than through a verbal exchange that leads to nothing but further polarization. Another reason being that dueling forces you to commit to your actions and decisions. And a third reason being that a societal change may follow through a culture of dueling where decency, self-discipline, and martial skill may be cultured.

So, what is a duel? No, it's not a fight to the death. It's a fight with certain rules that might result in death. A duel is between an accused offender, and the accuser. The one challenged to the duel has the right to chose the weapons used. Throughout history, swords have been preferred, but also handguns in the 19th century. But any object might be used. There has been a recorded instance of a duel being fought with billiard-balls, which had a fatal outcome. In early 20th century Germany, dueling was being practiced among students despite being outlawed. Few if any deaths resulted, and both parties emerged as victors for participating.

So, what's your opinion? What weapons would you prefer (not Yugioh)?

Of course I'm not being 100 % serious. Let's just discuss dueling in modern times lmao.

Attached: oh my.jpg (1920x1080, 806K)

Other urls found in this thread:

headstuff.org/culture/history/jose-pepe-llulla-the-gravedigging-duellist/
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/10/time-two-female-aristocrats-dueled-bare-breasted/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_duello
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes it would put liberals in check

I am perfectly ok with mutually consentual duels to the death.

>mutually consensual

then after you shoot a libtard epic style they would just say they were pressured under duress and it was pistol rape

All duels should be fought with dueling pistols
It would equalize the playing field.

I really wish Olympic pistol dueling was still a thing.

Attached: wax.jpg (540x386, 45K)

that is why you dispatch your transgressor with lethal blows , my boy.

I very much agree.
As am I.
You make a very fair point.
As do I.

Yes, but not with firearms. Otherwise every match degrades into a mere quickdraw competition. Besides, melee weapons deserve a place to shine too. Of course, you’d also need witnesses and a predetermined ruleset to have a proper duel.

not enjoying a quick draw competition ?!

This.
It really should be done either by fist or sword. However death should be minimalized if possible, but if it happens, then oh well

two men enter , one nearly disabled man leaves.

>dual to the death
they wont say shit

Part of me says yes, this should be allowed. Then you get into some dumb shit where some rich asstard hires a skilled mercenary to offend then eliminate all his enemies, and I think maybe not such a great idea. But if we could somehow fix it so that couldn't happen, I think it could legitimately have some peacemaking effects.

Nah I'm not going to risk getting challenged to a duel (and potentially ventilated) because my gf takes too long to order at taco bell.

Also; a verbal confrontation doesn't have to be hostile if you are an adult.

The thought about what this would do to third wave feminism, alone, makes me want it. Suddenly bitches who fuck with good dudes learn why they shouldn't, and bitches who fuck bad dudes also learn why they shouldn't. False rape accusations would drop 100% in a day. Poking holes in condoms becomes a bad idea. Etc.

Attached: 1538261496394.gif (500x281, 951K)

My gf isn't malicious she just isn't that bright. Cute though. Otherwise: women were excluded from duels in the past why wouldnt that be the same in future dueling?
Bitches never pay, but they are usually deeply miserable and I take solace in that. They can slash my tires but they can't take my happiness.

For goodness sakes, yes. If the police don't want to have to keep dealing with every violent brawl that breaks out, let the affected parties chose for themselves.

The solution is obvious, just duel with swords to first blood. It's a significantly reduced chance of mortal injury, but there is still a definite loser.

Attached: 0003372_brandenburg-rapier_550.jpg (550x550, 73K)

>women were excluded from duels in the past why wouldnt that be the same in future dueling?

what are you, some kind of misogynist anti-feminist? we're all equal now. right?

No woman believes that equality extends to combat and paying the bills. They just cherry pick the parts they want. You still can't hit a woman or call the cops if a woman rapes you. Don't get it twisted.

>No woman believes that equality extends to combat and paying the bills. They just cherry pick the parts they want.

That's sort of my whole point. Bring back dueling and we destroy the illusion for everyone real quick.

>destroy the illusion for everyone real quick.
Elvis is dead. Was dead when his death was reported. People still believe he's alive.
And men have been dominant over women for millenia and they still persist in believing they have some equality. I don't think anything can destroy their stupid notions.

no. the problem with duels is the skill involved. it ditches civilization out and goes back to basic evolution where basic traits and a few select skills decide who is best and who is worthless.

if there was a way to solve with chance, still with the risk of injury and death involved, that would be alright, otherwise just no.

western society already degraded to the point where political leaders are chosen by their marketing budgets and being loud. if you want to stray further from the rationale and what great men accomplished by proposing a system where people reach a higher point in hierarchy with some form of combat skill, that's on you then, just don't claim to be part of the better half

>Should duels make a comeback?
I actually witnessed an honest-to-god duel between two fellas, who proceeded to pick bokken swords as weapons. They were both some sort of jocks-dorks hybrids and they got into an argument about some trivial shit I can't remember. This happened back early 00s in college. Both were, if I recall correctly, part of the fencing club (aka the do-fuckall club).
The agreed-upon rule was that whoever either dropped the sword or touched the ground with anything other than their feet would lose. The only protective equipment they wore is that weird BBQ-grill helmet. Obviously, none of this was sanctioned by Anyone in Power and only about two dozen people were there to spectate in all.
Neither could swing their 'swords' more than a few times before one contestant dropped his stick after getting hit on the wrist. Honestly, a bit anticlimatic, but the argument was resolved with no hard feelings between the parties I believe. Still, as far as conflict resolutions go, this is probably one of the most expedient and clean way to go on about it.
So, yes, I do think dueling should make a comeback. Not pistol dueling, mind you, but in some form or another I really do believe it would help people resolve unresolvable conflicts.
>it ditches civilization
What is martial arts, Alex?
I'm also not about to take advice from a fag who can neither capitalize or punctuate well. Don't like it? Fight me, then.

>the problem with duels is the skill involved

no that's the whole point. if someone offends your honor enough to motivate you to become proficient in weapons, they really fucked up. if you offend someone who is already proficient in weapons, you fucked up. we're not talking about gladiatorial combat here. pistols at dawn doesn't advantage the musclebound strongman over the scrawny nerd.

pistol shooting is a skill that favours a very specific group of able-bodied individuals. you start losing reaction time in your 20s, then comes your eyes sight, then your body. In fact, any type of a preexisting physical injury or handicap puts you at a severe disadvantage, the world does not consist of the 20-something white healthy men audience that you got used to in this forum.

any skill actually, will prefer a select group of people and discriminate against another.

look, if you want to create a system that favours the rational then create a system that favours the rational. the idea of solving rational conflict with a glorified caveman approach won't sound good to anybody who doesn't romanticize it.

this lout cannot hit the broad side of a barn and that's why hes complaining about this. laugh at him Jow Forums.

>In early 20th century Germany, dueling was being practiced among students despite being outlawed.
Those weren't duels in the same sense as the rest of your post, it was two college kids strapping on a bunch of protective gear and whipping swords at each other for the purpose of getting a scar to look like a badass.

>reaction time

This isnt a factor in actual dueling.

I heard it's the opposite, they moved to pistols with very heavy triggers so you are unlikely to get hit. You only get one shot.

absolutely I am 100% pro duel

Dueling pistols were intentionally made to be highly inaccurate.

Pretty much any society that allowed for legal dueling eventually had to deal with systematic abuse of the concept for personal gain. It's a major reason why dueling fell out of favor and why so many alternatives existed to dueling in societies that allowed it.

>Pretty much any society that allowed for legal dueling eventually had to deal with systematic abuse of the concept for personal gain.

don't doubt it a bit, but legitimately interested in some history on this. got any sources?

I would also be ok with single action armies

Saying no to an obviously unwinnable duel is a thing

i guess that's the flip side. in a society that doesn't value "personal honor" in the way ours used to, this system is not worth very much.

>Of course I'm not being 100 % serious. Let's just discuss dueling in modern times lmao
I’m 100% serious that dueling SHOULD make a return.
It should however, require
>signed consent of both parties
>at least 3 witnesses not affiliated with either party
>be done with smooth bore flintlock pistols
We also need to bring back public hangings in the town square for capital offenses but that discussion is for another thread on another board

god you fucking people are stupid.

>The majority of Jow Forums
>Healthy
>White
I guess it's mostly men, but those other two are retarded. Also, everyone keeps ignoring the bit where the challenged person is supposed to be able to pick the weapons used; if they accept at all. It would be fucking retarded to force people to duel, but there's no reason a government should stop two consenting adults from solving their issues with violence if they wish to. Especially if it's a sanctioned duel, with witnesses and a set time, rather than some hot headed brawl.

>How dare people want to do things I don't like
Fuck off nigger, it won't happen but we'll talk about it anyway. Even if it did happen, just say "no" like the limp-wristed pansy you are.

Not likely.

There's no legal requirement that a person challenged to a duel accept the challenge. In the past, the high value placed on personal honor meant that people seldom refused a challenge, since that would disgrace them, but today the libs don't give a fuck. They willingly debase themselves just by holding the beliefs they hold.

>Society goes back to the strong deciding what happens, as opposed to loud rich bitches
You make a hell of a case to bring back duelling, especially since you don't need to be strong or good to win a duel.

It never should've been banned.

>One being that a lot of people seems to be offended by other's actions
>No, it's not a fight to the death
its death before dishonor. if you wanna practice the old ways, abide by them

fpbp
bitches fall in line

So, the only problem was that the concept wasn't flushed out enough.
Look
>All duels must be cowitnessed by a neutral 3rd party that both sides must agree on, and if needed, special duelling committee reps will step in
>Both parties must agree to all terms, and whether by paper or video, all must be documented
>The one challenged to the duel will pick weapon and first term, and Challenger picks place and time
Most importantly
>Duels can be declined, with only a loss to the person's honor.

That would probably change in a duel centric society though. Suddenly, the guy who talks shit but never backs it up is shown to be a spineless pussy.

Liberals would get btfo. Would be glorious

Attached: 1385844596694.png (635x349, 161K)

This, a duel is basically a game of .50 lead ball roulette, the handguns being so inaccurate it's likely neither party will actually get shot and killed. Odds are you come out of it alive and well, the real test being whether or not you actually have the courage of your convictions and are willing to actually risk your life based on what you say.

Not if you put out a challenge to said duel in your local Twitter Times:
>@DuelBot: That the Public might Witness the Challenge put forth to @Snowflake69 by @EnragedUser1996, whose Honour has been offended. #PistolsAtNoon
>@Snowflake69 replies: I accept your terms, cishet cad, that u might know my righteous stance #pistolsatdawn
>@EnragedUser1996 replies: The superiority of my position shall be made clear upon the tenth pace #pistolsatdawn
>178k users retweeted this

DuelBot would also keep track of people who refuse duels, that they might be known as Cowards without the Fortitude to hold their position.

I like this. Make this happen.
I wanna vote for this guy to the dueling committee

FUCK YES!

Just use the local HS sports field

White Knight spotted!

pistols or GTFO! There was at least 1 duel that featured muskets and fixed bayonets, in the USA

Have you ever used the sights on a Colt SAA?
Their usless

How do you even white knight your own girlfriend? Or wait.. Are you referring to the fact I don't hit women and don't think it's a good idea since women can point to their contusion and get you put away for domestic abuse easy?
I do believe some bitches need a man style hook to remind them that they shouldn't push men because men are overwhelmingingly more powerful. But if you hit a woman you give her ammo against you.

>implying whiteoids wouldnt sue after losing duel and crawl behind a kike lawyer

That's why you challenge the bitches to duels, with guns! 100% equality

If you accept the duel, there is no liability. Just imagine challenging these Commie, 5th gen bitches, it would be possible to stop The Blue Wave in it's tracks!

I mean Washington state has mutual combat laws. If both parties consent to a brawl, its legal. look up phoenix the wannabe vigilante in Seattle. I'd totally be down for that shit. Just pummelling eachother in a hand to hand till KO match.

Attached: 1541142351651.jpg (749x566, 95K)

You know what would happen??
what this ^^^ guy said would happen.
If Antifa wanted to be more honorable, or best us than they wouldn't wear masks, bring weapons, and hide behind fat chicks.
Better yet!
If they wanted to best us and gain the favor of the public, they'd just argue intelligent positions that appeal to the average american...
but lets not kid ourselves, they're here to screech and show off their balls... and they donated their balls to Rosie back in 2016

Attached: NPC011188392.tdetect 1.jpg (268x268, 61K)

I remember thinking about that a bit ago and I had an idea. I checked online and it had already been done; wax bullets with protective gear so you get the cool guns & gunfighting without the death and injuries. Id do it if I had more money, free time, and friends.

Attached: 1523322313889.jpg (400x267, 43K)

That's not a bad idea. Just needs some refining and testing and it could indeed be an olympic sport again, just quick drawing at the start off cowboy style

Attached: 1527625890854.jpg (1080x775, 138K)

whao there pardner, Thats quite a memme you got thare!

I dunno about for sport, but in Finland it was an actual legal system. Probably worked better than small claims

It's actually opressive that you AREN'T allowed to murder another person or endanger his life if he so wishes

actually that would be one of the pitfalls. Gang's could legally wack off people this way. "fight me now or will get your family later."

Fund it.

headstuff.org/culture/history/jose-pepe-llulla-the-gravedigging-duellist/

Well then it just goes to who is most swole. Anything should be allowed.

There were female dualists. Not common but it happened. todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/10/time-two-female-aristocrats-dueled-bare-breasted/

Ignore the Braddock-Elphisone duel. It most likely was just made up. Though it is amusing. Funnily enough I first heard of it through Empire Total War.

Nay, nave! Thou art lacking!

>Otherwise every match degrades into a mere quickdraw competition.
Are you suggesting accurate quickdraw ISN’T a superb contest of skill?

Top tier female snipers too, Slavs had a bunch because their culture doesn't train women to act weak. Let's not forget the Olympics, where after women kicked ass in the mixed-gender shooting event they split the event into male and female categories with different distances to prevent comparison. No reason women can't be equally ace with a gun, they're the great equalizer.

It is a contest of skill, but that doesn’t make it a proper duel. It defeats the spirit of dueling by taking away focus from fighting your opponent. You don’t have to react to your opponents actions at all, you merely have to shoot faster and better. At least with melee dueling you need to know how to handle your weapon in a general sense and how to react to your foe.

>muzzle loading pistol
>one shot
>if you shoot fast and miss, you're fucked
>if you take too long to shoot, you're fucked

It's a great test of skill and courage.

Attached: crow with a knife.jpg (640x368, 27K)

Why do you think duels wouldn’t be fought with contemporary firearms? Duelists in the west sure didn’t see the need to downgrade for a duel, they used their own revolvers.

I'll take "Mexican Standoff for 2000 Alex"

I guess that is why old guys like Jerry Miculek and Bob Munden are soo slow and not speed shooting wizards...

There are some states where dueling is still legal

If I remember right, fist fights are still legal in kansas if it's written out before hand they the two agree to fight.

>back to basic evolution
And that's a good thing

My 90 year old grandmother can lift a 50 pound dumbbell over her head and curl with it.
She also can shoot 30-30.

>women were excluded from duels in the past
No, they just had fist fights with other floosies.

>sign a legal contract that holds the other in no I'll will if you hurt or kill you self.
>Like a lawyer will take this case.

That's called murder and black mail.
Not a contractually acceptable duel.

They really didn't.

>ITT: Everyone forgets that formalized dueling was heavily connected to a highly stratified social class framework and served as a means save face and wallpaper over the fact you were acting like a hooligan

Lower class dueling was the equivalent of fighting it out in the parking lot. Also refusing a duel, or even apologizing, could be done so in a way to insult your challenger further.

In short: the eternal "My dick is bigger than your dick!" argument?

>Slavs had a bunch
>Top tier female snipers
Yeah, there's a lot of debate over how good they actually were and how many kills they actually managed to get. My understanding was that they were mostly used for propaganda and most likely had their kills GREATLY exaggerated like most other snipers during WW2 on the eastern front.

Y'all need to read up on the Code Duello, lots of misconceptions about what dueling entailed in this thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_duello

Attached: 1541116609047.jpg (810x810, 441K)

The real answer to all the kill count dickwaving is that we will never know one way or the other for sure, especially given how opaque the Soviets were. Though keep in mind that in long sieges or other long term, relatively static positional battles, there is plenty of time for snipers to work.

>skill is bad
>don’t reward people for showing prowess!

.>
&

The combat of the duel is less important than the challenge itself, dingus. Apologize for your transgression or fight for your words.

My state has mutual combat law. So I'm some what there.

Comeback? They still exist. Although formalizing it has quite a lot of merits. The lack of formality is really kind of the real problem about it. Nobody wants a culture built around it but you have to do that if you formalize it. Who gets included vs excluded from duels is a matter of formality and the primary reason why it doesn't happen.

just do mensurfechten
no one dies and you get a cool scar if you loose

>Hurr durr I'm gonna be the guy winning the duel and sticking it to the pople who disagree with me!
>Gets shot through the head at 1 minute past 6 and spends the rest of the morning staring up at the sky with one eye

In real life the rich were able to afford professional duelists to fight for them. How many pro duellists do you think someone like Soros could buy?

Attached: england republican cat.jpg (500x375, 101K)