Is it easier to throw a round grenade or a stick grenade? I know the stick goes farther...

Is it easier to throw a round grenade or a stick grenade? I know the stick goes farther, but is it as precise as the round one?

Attached: images-126.jpg (220x313, 15K)

depends if you played baseball as a kid
US troops were known to be able to throw a good 100 yards farther than the germans

I know that the current generation is a bunch of sissy basedboys, but have you really never thrown a ball or sticks or shit to be able to answer this question yourself?

Plus, you know that grenades aren't precision devices, right?

>Is it easier to throw
Largely irrelevant considering the distances grenades are commonly used at today.
Size and weight are a much bigger factor.

>100 yard throw
No.

Depends, American culture was centered around the baseball, hence the round grenade
German culture was centered around the hatchet, thus stick grenade.
It's based on what you're more familiar with.

baseball

Attached: 1200px-Boy_Scouts_of_America_corporate_trademark.svg[2].png (1200x1380, 154K)

American/round grenades were meant to "be thrown into/over there" whereas the stick grenade was designed to be able to be thrown much farther when prone since it adds another axis, and later found it was really good at "throwing up into" big piles of rubble and shit

>throw a good 100 yards farther
Holy shit I've seen people on this board say the most ridiculous shit when they have no clue but god damn

>100 yards
Are you talking about captain America or what?

Not even baseball

You don't throw a grenade like a baseball, you practically push it into the air.

>100 yards farther
joining this dogpile. throw a baseball sized hunk of concrete more than 100 yards and youtube it. i need to see this.

>100 yards

user do you actually know how far 100 yards is?

Get the best of both worlds: even the stick part of the grenade goes boom.

Attached: grenade3.jpg (600x411, 41K)

im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means feet not yards

Since we're being retarded, just put a nerf tail on your grenade.

Attached: jpg.png (480x360, 232K)

I personally can throw a stick father faster and and more precise angle than a ball or round thing and I'm American

>100 yards farther
> farther
They fucking did not throw grenades for 150 fucking yards

What I was considering is the extra weight the stick grenade has into its top, I never threw a hammer to see how precise it is. And aren't grenades supposed to be launched into trenchs and places like this?

Thread derailed because some tard thought gi's were physically capable of throwing shit 100 yards

Attached: received_1169155586574016.jpg (785x960, 70K)

Only if I can add the little whistle thingies on the side.

Attached: 1518222156366.jpg (500x500, 91K)

Don't worry OP, you can try again tomorrow

But I aint op

Well you can still do it again tomorrow

>Jow Forums is the easiest board to troll
You shitheads deserve to reply to this.

>100 yards farther
Why didn't they all become quarterbacks in the NFL after the war then

Attached: 1533678450999.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

yeah if i remember correctly they actually thought about replacing rifle with grenades, but bullets are so tiny they'd never be able to supply the same amount

>100 yards
Go pick up a 1.5 lb rock and throw it's hard
Feel that? Yeah that was your rotator cuff tearing.

>it's round
>no way you could possibly throw it like a ball
>they totally did some olympic shot-put bullshit
ok sure buddy. I'm sure there were hundreds if not thousands of instances of WWII American infantrymen lobbing grenades at least 50 yards not by shot-putting them but by pitching them.

Tell me more about this grenade training you received.

You throw 1.5 lb ball bearings around or a stick with weight at the top?
Because if you had, or had a basic understanding of physics and angular momentum you wouldn't make such a retarded post.

I believe the Soviets used stick grenades for offense and round for defense

the correct method is what says. i'm sure it happened, and still does happen, that soldiers in the field opt for other techniques. but likewise, i'm sure that soldiers in the field have died because the spoon flying off disrupted their throw, got caught on a sleeve, slipped out of their hand as they were rearing back a baseball pitch, etc.

>US troops were known to be able to throw a good 100 yards farther than the germans

Pic related is your average WW2 US marine

Attached: pepe buff.jpg (978x853, 104K)

>us MUH-REENS shoulder after trying to throw a grenade 100 yards, 1943, colorized

Attached: PI-boken-bone.jpg (619x507, 22K)

It's not "extra" weight it's the same weight, or less, I dont know the weight difference between just the charge of a masher versus the entirety of a pineapple

Since you're about as clever, go in your stepdad's garage and find one of his hammers and practice in the backyard trying to toss it into a bucket or trashcan or anything. Then try the same thing with a rock

If you're not capable of throwing a rock then kys

so a mortar round

le ebin I !upvote my fedora to you

Record yourself throwing a 1.5 ball bearing tied to a stick 100 yards

except its incorrect. Lookup wwii training videos of gis throwing grenades
And you use your fingers, crazy I know, to hold down the spoon until you release it to throw. Anyone who's pulling the pin and wondering why the big lever fell off as they rear back to throw isn't here anymore

I couldn't throw a baseball tied to a stick 100 yds.
And you, or that other fag if not samefagging couldn't throw a baseball 100 yds let alone something that weighs 12x that of a baseball.

been there, done that.
Surprise, it doesn't work nearly as well as 19th century people thought it would.
The design was used on some anti-tank grenades where it was probably more successful.
For one reason or another by the winter years of the anti-tank grenade it was pretty much replaced by fabric tail/drogue things or dispensed with entirely

Attached: img_1320.jpg (3456x2304, 2.15M)

>100 yards farther
Fuckin kek

Attached: 100 YARDS FARTHER.png (800x529, 218K)

Someone please fucking screenshot this

Attached: 1540088967665.jpg (570x396, 52K)

I have seen people trying to throw nade with "correct" method and I would be much more afraid of those who do that than baseballers.

Attached: 4B4462DE-7F8B-4A9A-9D45-524643BFE23C.jpg (820x884, 79K)

>post b8
>load of replies
It's good to be the shitposting king baby

Attached: best chalk eater.jpg (1300x800, 180K)

good people in this thread are fucking retarded
i know Jow Forums is full of turbo-autists but jesus fucking christ do you people ever listen to the bullshit you say?

>Is it easier to throw a round grenade or a stick grenade?
in my experience it's easier to throw the stick grenade but throwing isn't really that hard to begin with now is it, it's a basic motion that a fucking 10 yearold can do
>I know the stick goes farther, but is it as precise as the round one?
it really depends on how good you can throw
i can throw the stick grenade in a perfectly straight line but i tend to throw regular grenades slightly to the left (must be my political ideology, throwing grenades to the left)

now let me address the most retarded thing i read today
>depends if you played baseball as a kid
>American culture was centered around the baseball
it isn't a cultural thing but has todo with doctrines you bumbling fucktard
have you ever seen someone use a grenade before?
you don't thow it like a baseball but push it in an arc through the air
and what's that bs about throwing a round grenade further?
you do understand that the stick gives you additional leverage and enables you to throw further right?
it's like saying "i can throw a stone further with my hands then with a sling"
also we (the germans) used both stick grenades and, as we call them, egg grenades
>pic related

Attached: hgr2-s.jpg (280x205, 19K)

GERMANY GOOD
AMERICA BAD

Attached: 1541355072840[1].gif (400x310, 794K)

Were they all Superman?

>imagine being so buthurt about the entire world not litually being all about you

surely you can point to were i said that right? you wouldn't just sperg out and make some shit up because people point out your bs right? right?

Attached: tumblr_m82j7z9lsl1qew6kmo1_500.png (500x271, 132K)

Why didn’t the Germans issue some sort of flinging device like a clay pigeon thrower instead of putting a stick on every single grenade like brainlets? Would have massively reduced bulk and increased the range of the thrown grenade. No wonder why they lost the war and couldn’t even figure out how to build an atom bomb.

Attached: 20BB20F4-7EA5-47DA-9FD6-25D442D4BB48.jpg (984x984, 45K)

It is well known that the ground in Bastogne sets off metal detectors because of the M1 clips embedded several feet into ground from US soldiers tricking Germans

>19th century people

The years from 1900-1999 is considered 20th of century you stupid fuck

This sounds like some shit my grandpa would say. He spent ww2 fixing airplanes in Kansas

lol all these pogs saying you push a grenade through the air. the m67 frag grenade is designed to be similar to baseball by design because of baseball culture is true.

This
This also I always threw it like a baseball or like hucking a fucking rock

>Breaking your clavicle by throwing something
What an inspiring intellect you have

The American military created an experimental grenade with the exact same weight and shape as a baseball as a belief that it would benefit untrained soldiers you egotistical faggot

They stopped using sticks mostly because they were heavier and had less range. If they really helped then we'd have grenades designed for these.

Attached: clay-thrower.png (401x404, 94K)

the american military believed the m14 was a good idea as well you braindead retard

The Stick grenade could be thrown farther but the round grenade was lighter. It's nearly impossible to say which one was more accurate because of how skill dependent it all was.

>I was only pretending!

the grenade in his pic has PATENTED 1861 on it you mong

>Posts girls lacrosse stick
>Expects to throw more than 15 yards
No

Why is americhan so strong?

Attached: 1469318532767.png (1070x868, 157K)

Attached: 1520667754510.png (298x324, 117K)

kek

Best grenade coming through.

Attached: g8EHa11.jpg (1024x768, 849K)

Congrats, you managed to derail a thread with one low effort shitpost.
10/10

Attached: 1385963913118.jpg (433x378, 43K)

>you don't thow it like a baseball but push it in an arc through the air

Found the Yuro who's never played catch with his friends

Wait... Have you guys never thrown a baseball the length of a football field? We could see to bike to the highschool in middle school and take turn seeing who could throw it the farest.

>We could see to bike to the highschool in middle school and take turn seeing who could throw it the farest.
haha what?

Attached: 1529627500123.jpg (782x788, 321K)

Posts like this are why the military channel deserved to die.

Well ok then

Attached: football-grenade.jpg (800x474, 112K)

Attached: 1495702390649.jpg (640x513, 34K)

The proper way to use a potato masher is as an EDC melee weapon

Attached: Blast_Blocker.png (724x700, 395K)