Guns for a 90s G-Man / criminal

Hello Jow Forums, looking to run a Delta Green (basically X-files with Cthulhu & alien-worshipping deep state) RPG set in the 90s and I want to have a proper, accurately statted array of guns with no anachronisms. I would be really grateful for suggestions about what would be realistic equipment for various different roles, & what you reckon their stats should be.

For reference, the rules say a "medium pistol" is a Beretta M9 with 15m base range and does 1d10 damage, while a "heavy pistol" .44 Magnum has 20m / 1d12 and a "shotgun (firing slug)" Ruger Red Label 75m / 2d6. A burst of SMG or light rifle e.g. AK-47 is "10% lethality" (roll d100 under to instakill, above to add the dice together) while a "heavy rifle" e.g. .50 Browning does 20%.

Attached: is that an M1911.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/X-Files,_The_-_Season_1
imfdb.org/wiki/X_files
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout
youtube.com/watch?v=iv8cByaVyNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we all like to wank about specific gun models, but generally speaking guns are guns with respect to rpg stats
they aren't that much different from one another to give different stats for various 9mm handguns
just go with what the rulebook gives you

>Sigs
I swear in my minds eye they always used 3rd gen S&Ws

Thanks for your time

Fair play, I won't fuss about stats then
Do you have any ideas for era-appropriate models?

The kind of thing I'm after would be like:

- FBI agent's handgun
- Government sniper's rifle (like Waco/Ruby Ridge guys equipment)
- Cultist with the heaviest gun an untrained civilian could get/use
- Hunting amateur or innawoods hobbyist rifle
etc. Thanks again!

Find action movies that you like from the period, and then go to that Internet Movie Firearm Database site. That’ll give you lists of period appropriate guns and reference images should you want to show players.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that site!

Hey there fa/tg/uy. I agree with user about not worrying about stats, but one easy source since you're thinking deep state, government funded enemies, would be whatever the FBI was issued at the time in real life since they changed out guns regularly.
Personally, I'd go for things that were relatively new or unusual for the time too, like Glocks or HKs if we're talking early 90s since DA/SA and metal frames were still in vogue. Even if they're the same for stats, they create a contrast to whatever equipment the players would normally be seeing on their side or the civilian side.

They changed guns between seasons. I think Scully started out with a PPK, then switched to a S&W auto, then they switched to Sigs.

Thanks dude, good idea, giving all the deep state MK-ULTRA guys fancy new guns while the players are gunna be toting M1911A1s

>FBI agent's handgun
Various DA/SA handguns with a few DA revolvers still being used
>Government sniper's rifle (like Waco/Ruby Ridge guys equipment)
Remington 700/M24, Scoped M16A1
>Cultist with the heaviest gun an untrained civilian could get/use
Chinese made AK (Polytech Legend, MAK-90, an actual Type 56, etc...), Chinese made SKS, Colt SP1 AR-15, full-auto M16A1, Ruger Mini-14
>Hunting amateur or innawoods hobbyist rifle
Winchester Model 70

>no uzis, mac 10s, or augs

you faggot.

Also these and Tec-9s

>the players are gunna be toting M1911A1s
Unless it's early 90s, you can give them a wider variety than just commander and government models. The 1911 market really exploded after the '94 AWB went into effect.

Thanks lads, appreciate it. Hope this thread is still here in the morning, I'm a britbong & need to sleep now (tfw noguns)

For anyone still here what's your favourite gun which would have been around in 93? I'll put a cultist in the game holding one somewhere

>They changed guns between seasons. I think Scully started out with a PPK, then switched to a S&W auto, then they switched to Sigs.
I just paid a visit to IMFDB and holy shit, in the first season alone Mulder and Scully cycled through so many guns.
imfdb.org/wiki/X-Files,_The_-_Season_1

One of your friendly or neutral NPCs should be a new, bright-eyed cop/agent with a VP70.

>reporting me for saging your shitty autistic thread
>mods actually deleted my shit for saging you
The fuck Jow Forums
Sage

they did, they switched from a taurus pt92 (stand in for a beretta most likely) and a bernardeli model 60 (a stand in for the walther ppk) in season one. Probably to save money and most viewers woulnt notice. Once it got popular and they had better funding they started getting it right

for the rest of the show they switched between sigs, smith and wesson 59 series and glocks, just as LEO agencies did in real life during the wonder nine transition

imfdb.org/wiki/X_files

Attached: smith 5906.jpg (700x1250, 446K)

I'm flattered that you think this thread would hit the post limit somehow

Cz Scorpion is quintessential 90s bad guy

Huh, I thought the 90's was the birth of the .40S&W

>we all like to wank about specific gun models
Nope, while you all are living in the future I'm still wankin' it to Scully

Attached: 15102426.gif (233x320, 2.86M)

it was

This is now a hot Scully thread

Attached: b057633ef6b5990bbb472513c2e35259--dana-scully-bar-grill (1).jpg (716x646, 78K)

So it's a Scully thread

Hell yes brother

Attached: dana-scully.jpg (1024x768, 108K)

Wouldn't .357 revolvers have been way more popular in the 90's? Revolvers were way more popular than semi-automatics up till it seems like the 2000's especially in law enforcement.

Although your best bet would be looking up publicized incidents.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout
youtube.com/watch?v=iv8cByaVyNQ
Sure it's 4 years off but the kind of shift in doctrine from the incident had taken a few years to have changes implemented. I don't think they just dumped all their personal weapons and whatever they had in their armoury right away after that and all.

Don't do this to me I'm only a man. I have weaknesses like this.

is she ever anything but?

Attached: 1437743501180.jpg (1000x1376, 131K)

Attached: 7qvfcZb.gif (280x220, 2.98M)

what an inefficient use of 2.8MB

Attached: 1475358919138.webm (1920x1078, 1.48M)

Those rules sound like hot dog shit. Most full sized/compact pistols can hit a man sized target 25 yards away. Magnums or large bore pistols can reach out to a 100+ yards accurately.
Shotguns are accurate even at a 100 yards with 00 buck.
Rifles in intermediate calibers 400 yards and battle rifles are probably 600+ yards.
DMRs and Anti material rifles are easily a 1000 yards up to more than a mile.

Ditch that instakill shit because all weapons can be an instant kill.

Tl:Dr whoever designed that system does not know anything about guns

>best bad guy gun coming through

Attached: 90AF54A7-F149-4453-A879-7B4B601CC9E0.png (767x469, 577K)

AR18-chan you can have a literal IRA related module.

Attached: DSC_0153.jpg (1496x842, 268K)

Can't help with stats but pistols would definitely be things like the 92FS, P226/P228, third-gen S&W autos, or customized 1911s (i.e. Kimber, before it went to shit) or customized Hi-Powers. Early-gen Glocks or revolvers for cops. A S&W Model 39 wouldn't be out of place either. A Bren Ten would be a neat bigger pistol, too, but thats not really an agency pistol.

For agency carbines, carry-handled ARs should be the norm. If you want optics and stuff, they get bolted on top of the carry handle. Police SWAT teams actually messed around with various cartridges for sharpshooter use, so .223, .243 Win and 7mm Mag in a sporter-profile rifle would not be wildly out of place. Doesn't have to be a generic .308 military sniper rifle.

On the civilian side you're looking at deer rifles, .30-30 lever guns, and maybe M1 Carbines.

Nah. Shift to Wondernines started in the 80s, and cheap plastic fantastics like Glocks finished off the old guard by the early 2000s. By mid-90s most major LEOs are gonna have DA/SA doublestacks or Glocks

For medium pistol you want S&W chambered in worst round.

I only seen one guy ever open carry a semi-auto pistol in the 90's. That was before they were ever involved with the criminal justice system. Just a normal average person. Snooping around different places you'd maybe find any kind of ammunition stash usually like maybe .22 rounds were sitting around for small game and predators really easily accessible. There might be some hand me down relics laying around from a way forgotten time if there was like a sears store somewhat nearby but that shit would of been way more hidden.
This is fucking retarded, someone would maybe have a tommy gun or something like that rather than something like that. Hand me down sort of things. Maybe a BAR rifle. If your time frame is the 90's you're not going to have some weird exotic shit most of the time it's kind of the tried and true things that worked before in other stuff.
You could have a winchester 1887 next to a tec9 in the 90's and it wouldn't be weird.

my manimal

Attached: scully2.jpg (487x550, 41K)

Attached: scully.jpg (650x488, 60K)

I want to believe. That's not scully the face is entirely different. She doesn't even have that kind of figure in a suit and stuff.