Ignoring Springfield's political activities, would you be better off buying a Springfield Loaded or a Colt Competition?

Ignoring Springfield's political activities, would you be better off buying a Springfield Loaded or a Colt Competition?

Attached: Colt-Competition-Stainless-f (1).jpg (1000x667, 653K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/micros/customShop/SR1911.html
shootoutlane.net/460Rowland.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Springfield Loaded or a Colt Competition
If your nearing the $1000 mark just go with a Dan Wesson.

Springfield is better value for money but they're both equivalent quality.

I agree with you in principal but the difference between $1,000 and a Valor is $600, that's not trivial.

Dan Wesson has tons of models around the $1000 price. Great hand-fit guns.

If you want to min-max on quality and price then I would recommend Sig unironically. They make really good 1911's despite the other retarded shit they do.

Ive got a colt competition in 38 super. I lover more than my gold cup and would recommend it without reservation in 45 or 38 super.

Attached: IMG_20180909_130341.jpg (2560x1440, 1.34M)

idk about $1,000. The Pointman is kind of plain jane and starts at around $1,200 and they seem to go up from there. Unless you're counting the A2 or somethin, what else does DW make that's actually around $1,000?

I second Sig for tons of features. Their prices just went way this year though, like +$300 to every model. Remington still makes dirt cheap 1911s but I learned about surface rust recently which makes me hmm.

I've seen a few Dan Wessons at around $1200. Are those lower-end models really that much better than a $1200 Colt or Springfield?
As for Sigs, I've looked at them, but all the ones I've seen just look so gaudy and ridiculous. It's a real turn off, regardless of how quality they are.

The Dan Wesson A2 is the only one close to $1k that I'm interested in and I still have some reservations about it.
I'm not a fan of the normal sized safety or arched mainspring housing, but I feel like I'd be diluting the whole hand-fit high quality thing if I was doing my own part swapping.

Probably the Colt Competition, though I'd save a few hundred more for something like a Dan Wesson.

Vigil CCO, A2
Heritage models can be had around $1000, especially on sales, but sales on semi-customs aren't that common.

>I've looked at them, but all the ones I've seen just look so gaudy and ridiculous
I like them...
>Are those lower-end models really that much better than a $1200 Colt or Springfield?
IMO, yes, definitively yes. If you are around the $1200 mark yeah I would put Dan on top of Colt and Springfield

Attached: sig 1911.jpg (5184x3456, 3.64M)

theyre basically the same thing, the springfeild has front serrations but thats basically it

Im a colt pony boy so thats my vote

Ruger has a Target model under 1k.

I'd say the Ruger ranks below Colts and Springers for the fact that they use castshit if nothing else.

If there's any company I'd trust with investment castings, it's Ruger.

If you think there's something wrong with an investment cast frame you're an idiot. Pretty much the only reason they aren't completely ubiquitous in steel-framed handguns at this point is marketing - gotta justify the exorbitant prices of some of these guns in any way you can.

How does Ruger stack up to these two?
I was looking at their night watchman model since I don't like stainless, which is more expensive than the Springfield loaded but a little cheaper than the Colt competition.

No, I'm not necessarily saying cast frames are bad. I'm just saying forged are obviously superior, all else being equal.

Got A TRP Stainless.

Jammed after the first shot out of the box on the furst ra ge trip, ended up using it as a single shot pistol that day, having to rack the slide after each shot.

Sent it in for free warranty repair. Turn around was about a week and they said they refit the barrel and polished the feed ramps. Now it works.

Between you and me, I think the two piece guide rod was the culprit, spring was hard as shit.

Too bad I live in Commieformia or you best bet I'd own that very same colt in. 38 super

>Sent it in for free warranty repair. Turn around was about a week and they said they refit the barrel and polished the feed ramps. Now it works.
Compare that to Colt's warranty service. You're lucky to get it back in less than 6 months and not in worse condition than when you sent it.

>shit company vs shit company

neither

Ruger kind of takes castings all the places you can take them, which is why they get parts and projects outsourced to them all the time, they're experts at the subject. Not just in the subject of firearms either, they have this brand called Pine Mountain where they do just whatever people order from them.

I wish they'd bring back some kind of metal framed automatic though, because the market could need more of that.

Honestly? They make good 1911s, but they don't make any high end competition or race guns.
Usually, Colt tend to overcharge a lot for their guns, but the Competition model looks to me like it's probably overall ok, and seems to retail for an ok price.

Pretty much what it comes down to.
I do find myself preferring Ruger's revolvers a lot to later Colts and Smith & Wessons, however.

Attached: Ruger Revolvers.jpg (1100x700, 280K)

How do the handgun laws work in California anyway?

>I wish they'd bring back some kind of metal framed automatic though, because the market could need more of that.

S&W 3rd gen derivatives, maybe?

>Honestly? They make good 1911s, but they don't make any high end competition or race guns.
ruger.com/micros/customShop/SR1911.html

I could do without the "KOENIG™" on the slide, but it still looks pretty good imo

Attached: SR1911-2.jpg (1500x983, 490K)

>$2500 for a Ruger race gun
I just don't understand why you would.

Different califag here
Handguns have to be in a roster or its only purchasable by LE/Military only. Off roster can only be purchased by civiecucks via PPT.
How to make it in the roster: product has to pass CA’s own “safety tests” and possess the capacity for “microstamping”. As a result companies do not bother to release new products to CA anymore.

>Compare that to Colt's warranty service
That's why I rank Colt lower than Ruger for general firearms that aren't going to sit in a sock inside a safe.

Also this thing came out yesterday but the price tag is ludicrous. $2500 is a whole other tier of 1911.

>microstamping
As in that law where the courts ruled that laws can be valid even if they're literally impossible to obey?

>I just don't understand why you would.
>$2500 is a whole other tier of 1911.
Why? Is this merely brandfagging, or can anyone actually articulate why an SR1911 is inferior quality? You don't often hear people shit on Caspian frames, which is basically what the SR1911 uses...so what's the problem - beyond the logo on the slide. I prefer carbon steel for 1911s, but that's really my only issue with the Rugers.

Don't get me wrong – I have several Rugers, love them, and don't doubt that they can make a perfectly acceptable high-end 1911. It's just that other companies have much more experience making high-end 1911s and much, much more solidified reputations for doing so.
Hell, I wouldn't even want to give Colt over 2 grand for a 1911. At that point I'd definitely be shopping for a higher end Dan Wesson or a Nighthawk or Ed Brown.

Anyone considering the SR1911 needs to google “SR 1911 Rust”

That'd be absolutely tits, but I doubt Ruger would ever do that.

Doesn't look awful, but I'm not sure I'd pay that price when I could have a Dan Wesson instead.
And I fucking love Ruger.

How do 1911fags feel about Rock Island Armory?
I've been looking at their double stack 10mm.

The general consensus these days seems to be that they're decent values, don't know if I'd personally get one in 10mm though. I've read in the past that their (extruded)slides are only heat treated in certain spots, don't know if that's still true or if it's different between the models. I know that in the past they weren't recommended for 460 Rowland conversions due to this, again that could outdated information though

shootoutlane.net/460Rowland.html

Thanks for the insight, user.

I'll mostly be shoot light loads (.40 if it will work), only hot stuff to impress friends and for innawoods. So, I think I'll be good, will be sure to keep an eye out for damage to the slide/frame.

They're good budget guns, but I frankly wouldn't bother spending the money on their 'higher end' stuff.
I'd stick to their normal single-stack pistols, in 9mm Luger, .40S&W, .38 Super, or .45ACP

Ruger

If you want to spend more money get a Dan Wesson.