Midlength ARs with A1 carry handles are the best anachronism

>Midlength ARs with A1 carry handles are the best anachronism

Attached: mid-length-ar.jpg (959x329, 180K)

degenerate

Attached: images (3).jpg (318x159, 8K)

14.5 inch barrels with milspec furniture and carry handles is the best combo

Attached: Norinco-CQ-A-Semi-Auto-.223-Rem-ST-1.101.12-Web-R.jpg (812x615, 191K)

>anachronism

Attached: CAR15Carbine.jpg (638x249, 8K)

Attached: 262xrhd.jpg (1024x594, 295K)

Put the CAR15 stock on it and it's ok.

Attached: 1105172120.jpg (1600x1200, 261K)

What's wrong with fixed stocks?

You aren't wrong.

Attached: 20181104_133329.jpg (2225x2966, 1.95M)

I prefer them on full-length rifles only.
They look odd and out of place on any carbines.

Attached: COLTSP1.jpg (1200x398, 53K)

But the ergonomics are better on fixed stocks. Carbine stocks are overrated.

Attached: 1_xXWzXLOVfFiao016L4cFgQ.jpg (1100x898, 118K)

This right here everyone else go home

>govt profile barrel

Says you, I have a VERY comfortable carbine stock on mine.

>detachable carryhandle
>gov't profile barrel

>cant grow a beard

I shave it.

>mid length A2

Attached: 3547F28D-E74E-4DF2-8D0A-5EF1A9B2FF7C.jpg (708x1024, 329K)

Where and how much?

It's all I want.

Attached: 1540747606676.jpg (720x953, 127K)

>trips checked
Agreed. I will also be adding a flashlight onto this thing soon. Please disregard cuck mag :^)

Attached: ar and cuck mag.jpg (1907x844, 1.04M)

It's better than no AR.
Also, isn't that the magazine system where you basically reload it like an old Krag Jorgensen rifle? How's that treating you?

Anyway, I'd say to match the handguards to your other furniture, paint it tan, or get new tan handguards.
Personally, I find MOE handguards very comfortable, but maybe you like A2 handguards.

>It's better than no AR.
I have 4 ar pattern rifles, all set up with these fixed magazines. The main two compliance options are the Patriot pin or the ar-mag lock fixed mags, and I prefer the fixed mags because you can remove them in 30 seconds with an Allen wrench. I live on private property so this is very nice. The Patriot pin might allow you to switch mags relatively quickly, but it takes a while to install or remove it. I prefer it like this.

Loading them is terrible and makes me want to ND into my mouth, but thankfully I usually don't use them like this very often lol

Why settle for midlength?

Attached: 1493521853058.jpg (1024x576, 413K)

>fat handguards

lolno

Attached: anteater.jpg (1100x700, 202K)

FUCK GUYS. I just bought a RDS, only to find out that I have astigmatism. Back to old pic related until further notice. Function over form, but the form is sexy as fuck.

Attached: 20180728 mp 15.jpg (2537x1761, 1.98M)

Give it car furniture

>Give it car furniture
I am not a fan of fancy, and would much rather find a short A2 style stock. The luggage scope requires the collapsing stock to be totally in like my pic related. would much rather go that direction with it. Also, I am cheap as fuck.

I would suck off a canadian for one

Attached: F5D59A0A-7D2A-4E31-9671-B013B6CF513D.jpg (540x192, 14K)

Car furniture isn't expensive

Attached: 1536300134329m.jpg (1024x473, 57K)

>Car furniture isn't expensive
I am somewhat a newfag on the terminology. I don't Jow Forums often. Is "CAR" carbine assault rifle? Thanks for putting up with me. I have had this rifle for over a year, and been out with it every other week trying different things. I hunt, but not with it, so its just my hole punch and potential home defense helper.

Colt Automatic Rifle, which translates into retro style AR carbines.

Colt automatic rifle

>Colt Automatic Rifle

>Colt automatic rifle

Thanks anons! I have no friends IRL that have scary black rifles, so all we deal with is bolt/pump action deer blasters, and the occasional magnum revolvers.

I unironically had a similar foregrip, but took it off. It was the cheap shit that it came with from the factory, and I did not like the feel of it. I have fairly large hands, and it just felt bad. Perhaps I will snap them back on...I however stand by my shitty opinion that a2 stocks are the best stocks.

Attached: Mp15 4k.jpg (2560x1920, 3.35M)

unf

Attached: WIF1b1F.jpg (3601x2385, 737K)

what barrel length is that? Looks great with that muzzle break

Not mine but I know it's a slip over muzzle brake meant to look like xm177 moderator

Glasses will help against astigmatism in general vision, but you'll never get used to red dots, and probably not 3D movies/3D screens either.
At least that's what I experience.

*flash hider

They make a slip on? Do you know who? Cant seem to find a mfg.

Brownells sells that similar break, its roughly 4.5in long, I know they sell 12.7in barrels, pin and weld would get to legal length for CAR stock (lil extra room for puppers) but id prefer a slip on for a few extra inches of barrel

Del-ton and dpms make one

Attached: 275983.jpg (880x660, 23K)

That's a nice looking Colt 733 clone.

Attached: colt-733-wood.jpg (600x332, 42K)

FECK

Attached: BushmasterAR152.jpg (800x600, 50K)

UR

Attached: Lightweight20AR1.jpg (800x600, 47K)

SELF

Attached: 1537187996833.jpg (720x538, 104K)

Can anyone id this opic

Attached: 1541657155481m.jpg (1024x681, 126K)

You might not be out of luck just yet. Be sure to try the dot out in broad daylight at a lower brightness setting. If you're new to red dots, there's a good chance you just tried it out in your home at night, with the brightness set way too high. With red dot's you want to use the lowest setting your eyes can readily pick up, else they tend to bloom. Also remember to focus on the target, while using it.

If you really do have an astigmatism, then you're fucked though. I'd sell it, then look into low power ACOGs, which are very nice optics in their own right (but pricey).

Oi that's menton day eh

Thanks!

CAR15 was an old brand which Colt used to market AR15 carbines, I think they also used the moniker "Colt Commando" at this time as well. The XM177 carbines, and the GAU5-A/A were CAR15 variants.
The CAR15 line was generally the forerunners to what would later become the M4 and M4A1 carbines, think of the CAR15 rifles as A1 style, and then the M4 and M4A1 as A2 and A4 style, comparing them to the full length M16s.
There's of course also some inbetween stuff, before the M4 proper, they did some carbine variants which kind of were partially A1 and A2.

Stylistically, the CAR15s would generally feature A1 receivers, the round carbine handguards, and a sliding aluminum stock. The GAU5 would lack a forward assist, and the XM177 models would feature 'Moderators', kind of an elongated flash-hider with blast chambers, to significantly dampen the noise, flash, and concussion of firing .223 from a really short barrel. The ATF deemed these to be silencers (in spite of being as loud as a full length rifle), so original ones are hard to find, given that most in civilian ownership were destroyed or surrendered. Before the advent of sonic cleaners, the Moderators were almost impossible to properly clean, however, and as they gathered fouling they began to give worse performance, leading to most of them in service having been replaced with just regular A1 or A2 flash hiders. Non-NFA repros exist.

Attached: xm177e1.jpg (640x415, 54K)

>It was the cheap shit that it came with from the factory, and I did not like the feel of it. I have fairly large hands, and it just felt bad.
That was my experience, I don't like A2 handguards at all.
I found MagPul MOE handguards felt MUCH better in my hands.

Attached: M&P-15 Sport 5.56x45mm.jpg (800x520, 72K)

Ah, if I understand the conversation correctly, this thing will fit over one's barrel, giving the moderator aesthetic and flash hider, but with more barrel length (for velocity and legality)?

>If you're new to red dots, there's a good chance you just tried it out in your home at night, with the brightness set way too high.
I am not "new" to them, only new to quality ones. Years ago, I had a cheapo RDS on a .44 magnum, and it was crystal clear compared to this. It was just some generic silver tube, but I never had any issue with it, and could pull some amazing groups once I figured out the football trajectory that the rounds I was using flew in. This Sig is quality, and my daughter who is nearly a teenager confirmed that it is working correctly, as did my cell phone camera. I will have to get it out during the daylight and see how my eyes handle it, but It is not looking good for me. It has been 6+ years since I have used a RDS. I have a feeling that it will go down to my local gun shop for commission, and I don't think I will have any trouble getting what I paid for it in store credit, or even a bit more. It never hurts to ask for more, and I will spend it on retail priced goods. Perhaps I will try to find some other accessory. I like my 4x scope for my luggage handle a bit, so I will probably just keep that.

>If you really do have an astigmatism
I am thinking that I do. I have gone nearly 40 years of life without visiting an eye doctor, and all of my "visits" have been physicals for my job. Every so often they like a snapshot of my health.

>CAR15 was an old brand which Colt used to market AR15 carbines
Thanks for all the great info! All of it is very enlightening. I mean that honestly, and with none of the normal sass that comes from Jow Forums!

>I found MagPul MOE handguards felt MUCH better in my hands.
I picked up my moe handle for $9.99 shipped. I was really happy with how it fit, and how it fits my hands. It just feels better. I won't gear-queer it up, but I do think that for the sandbags I use at the range, the wider grip helps keep it more stable. My M&P may be cheap, but overall I am quite impressed with the quality. It gets dirty fast, but that is just a great excuse to clean it. I enjoy how simple the AR is to clean. Much easier than my .22 with a giant Beeman Blue line that nearly covers the breach. It got cleaned the other week for the first time....possibly ever, and I have had that gun since It was my first gun.

Yep

Will an A2 aperture work in a an A1 carry handle?

Attached: APERTURE.jpg (400x400, 19K)

It looks ugly but I really like the idea of a light weight rifle length gun with a carbine buffer and SOPMOD stock.

What is that barrel length, 20”?

The elcan is $500 on summitgunbroker right now used

A cute