Newfag alert

Hey Jow Forums, I'm a newfag here but I've been browsing other boards for a significant amount of time.

I've managed to land myself a stable income and I can finally get into weaponry like I've always wanted to. Do any of you have recommendations on a big boy's first gun? My first budget is 7200 and I live in North Carolina, I don't know jack shit about guns or gun laws so if you can include a website that would be nice too.

I'm looking forward for this new hobby and I hope that I can be able to learn a lot about guns and stuff. Thanks in advance Jow Forumsommandos.

Attached: 1540004730633.gif (500x500, 990K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/h4shjR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm a newfag here
go to a range with rentals, finger fuck them, get one in 9mm and shoot it, rinse and repeat with diff models and calibers

Attached: welcome to k anime.gif (283x153, 1.12M)

I know of a range I can go to but they don't really do rentals. I'm too lazy to drive more than 3 hours and a half for one WITH rentals. Should I maybe buy a baby glock and see how that goes?

buy about 30 hi-points

>I'm too lazy to drive more than 3 hours and a half for one WITH rentals.
Shut the fuck up and grow a pair you ungrateful cunt, get in your car and drive
t. salty ausfag

Attached: strayan.gif (399x369, 39K)

I know you're memeing about buying 30 of them but I'll take into consideration about looking into Hi Point in general, thank you for our suggestion!

hey cunt, I bought an AR-15 on a whim last Friday, took about 10 min for the background check and then I took it straight home and just shoved it under my bed
feels 'Merican

Stop being a fag, I used to live in North Cackalacky, gun ranges are fucking everywhere even in Raleigh/Durnham, Cary, etc. So either you're lying, lazy, or stupid, and 2 of these can be fixed. Go to a gun store, finger fuck guns, ask people behind the counter where is a place that does rentals. I would be fucking SHOCKED if there aren't 3 places within an hour drive.

Attached: 1533846450582.jpg (500x375, 41K)

I'll make the trip for you some day Aussie user.
But I've got a tight schedule and can't spend 3 hours driving, however many hours I stay, then the 3 hours back home.

Want to see my new P10c I conceal carry daily? Feels merica as fuck.

Attached: 1530763845094.jpg (552x690, 82K)

You can easily assume that I live out of those ranges, but I do appreciate the help of telling me that there are tons in this state, again I did come in here blind as fuck and I know absolutely nothing about weapons so I only know what's like an hour radius around me (and I know the ranges I'm near don't do rentals). Thanks anyways and I'll be sure to ask and finger guns!

Where are you in carolina? Give me a general city.

I'm in Hyde county, I don't like giving super close areas because this is Jow Forums after all.

Gun shack, Powell's Point. Just north of you if memory serves. They have guns, and an indoor range. They will no doubt either rent you guns to try, or, let you try someone's carry piece.

Tell them you want to get into responsible firearm ownership, and you want to exercise and protect your second amendment rights. They will likely go the extra mile hearing that.

Now stop being a noguns fag, then come back here and bitch at foreigners with us.

Will do user, thanks for the help man.

>My first budget is 7200
That's quite a lot of budget actually.
You could get yourself a dozen guns for that kind of money.

Go to a rental range and then start out with a pistol and a revolver in .22LR, then try a rifle in the same caliber, then try out some pistols and revolvers in other calibers (stay away from the really big ones for now).
Then try out some rifles if they have any, some semi-automatic ones, and then some manual action ones. Maybe a shotgun.
You can easily afford this, and it'll give you some good ideas on what you'll really want to look at.

The Hi-Point is The Poorfag Pistol.
Their selling point is that they're cheap, and that they're work/the warranty is good (and free), and they do generally work pretty well when they are running.
They're kind of awkward and uncomfortable, to most people, and some might require tweaking/warranty work out of the box, but if you have nothing else, it's a handgun you can count on.
There are cheaper guns, and some in a similar price range, but most of those are generally very shitty, some aren't even safe to carry (which the Hi-Point is, if you don't mind carrying a zinc alloy brick on your person). The Hi-Point manages to fullfill the basic requirements at a low cost.

Given that you're willing to spend over $7000 on firearms, you're WAY past the point where a Hi-Point will really be a worthwhile idea for you.
If you're really interested, their pistol caliber carbines are actually quite decent for what they are, but given that you have money to spend, you can easily get yourself something much nicer, like some semi-auto MP5 clone, or an old Uzi carbine (if you like particularly oldschool things).

Attached: Ih-Boint ===DDD.jpg (3264x1836, 800K)

>Do any of you have recommendations on a big boy's first gun?

Pistols:
comes down to personal preference, how it fits the hand, safety-type etc.

Rifles:
ARs are the standard, with a suppressor piston instead of DI makes sense.
When calculating the rifle budget, expect to pay as much for decent optics as you pay for the rifle, especially if you get into longer range shooting.
If you get a red-dot and it looks fuzzy, take a photo of it, if it's clear to the camera, your eyes just don't like red dots ...

And in general,
consider the cost of ammo when choosing your firearm. a .338 isn't worth much if it hurts sending $5 down range when pulling the trigger.

Attached: love-chunibyo-other-delusions-heart-throb-vol-2-2.jpg (608x342, 44K)

read the fucking sticky, nigger faggot

And the first thing you should do is getting decent hearing protection.
Being able to hear and talk normally with only the shots getting filtered out makes a huge difference on the range.

Attached: 81kRo8s1EeL._SY679_.jpg (460x679, 39K)

Hey! Welcome to one of the best hobbies on Earth! $7200 is a lot of money, especially for a first gun, and can best be used by sticking about $6000 into a savings account, then usimg the rest for your fun budget.

My reccomendation is going to be 2 guns, actually. Neither of them require paperwork beyond the Form 4473.
Gun 1: PSA AR-15. DESU I don't know dick about AR-15s, but this should give you a solid platform to start upgrading from.
Gun 2: Mossberg 500 Field and Secuirity Combo
You simply can't beat a shotgun for versatility, as you can take all sorts of game from birds to bears with the proper loading. Get one in 12 gauge if you feel confident about your ability to handle recoil, 20 if you're not so confident.

Oh, and join the NC Discord here: discord.gg/h4shjR
We've got a bunch of people that'd love to help you navigate this hobby, myself included!

I second this recommendation. You can't go wrong with an AR and a Mossberg 500 (although I prefer the 590).

I would personally recommend building your own AR, even though this task can be somewhat daunting for someone new to it all. It allows you to pick and choose stuff like barrel length, gas system, trigger, stock, BCG, and other stuff you might swap out on a prebuilt.

>discord.gg/h4shjR
>NC Discord

I feel the urge to invade your southern border.

>ar
Get a 10.5-11.5 pistol for everything thats not long range practice, and a 18-20 longboi for cheap long range marksmanship practice as a package deal.
>handguns
Ill recommend a 1911, Glock 19 or 26 (so you can see why they are memes), and maybe a nice .357/.38 revolver. 22lr handguns are also super fun to shoot too and good for teaching those new to them how to shoot easily.
>bolt guns
Grab yourself a Remington 700 of your choice of caliber, and dont listen to the anti-Remington shills on this board, they are just poor faggots mad that they cant spend an extra few hundred on a high quality rifle.
Go for a used 90s model if the whole QC meme scares you.
>shotgun
Literally any brand scatterblaster will do.
I recommend a 18.5/.28" combo package, 28" for hunting/sporting clays, the 18.5" for anything else.
>niche fun guns
Nothing like a nice ass Winchester Model 94 in 30-30.

These are just a few recommendations OP.
Good luck on your journey through the gun world.

Attached: bambikek.jpg (914x678, 122K)

Well 7200 is a colossal budget to work with. You can afford almost anything with that kind of money, even some of the more affordable transferable full-autos (although you shouldn't, those aren't really for beginners) and you live in a state with minimal gun laws too.

That said, for starters I recommend a basic .22 rifle. You can easily afford a high quality example such as a CZ 455 (or a used 452, they have a very smooth action but are out of production). A basic little rifle like that is an easy, cheap way to get started. Ammo costs very little and has minimal noise/recoil so it's easy to shoot well and you can really build/hone your skills.

If you feel you need something for personal protection sooner rather than later I also recommend a pistol, preferably in 9mm Luger (AKA 9x19mm, 9mm Parabellum or simply "9mm"). It's a very common, controllable, affordable and reasonably effective caliber. Get something that's comfortable to shoot, but can also be concealed in a pinch. That way it can serve as a gun for both target shooting, home defense and concealed carry.
The Glock 19 is a particularly popular option, but there are many options that are similar pistols. You can easily afford to rent a bunch of different 9mm handguns (and maybe even a few revolvers) and go with the one you personally like best. Maybe that would be a Beretta PX4 Storm, or an H&K, Sig SP2022 or even a Ruger SP101 revolver.

If you feel like getting into rifles you can always buy a nice top-shelf AR-15, or a truckload of cheap ones. You can even get a battle rifle such as a Springfield M1A, PTR-91 or DSA FAL but as a new shooter that's not really a great idea unless you think they're REALLY cool and are eager to learn recoil management.

My normie amerimutt brain kind of expected guns to be a lot more expensive tbqhwy.

Thanks for the recommendations about it, maybe i'll start off with a rental glock (why do people hate the glock so much i'm new to the gun meme scene) and the revolver you mentioned for sure. Although i'm quite afraid of shotguns at the moment so i might do that after my first visit to a range.

Hi-Point might be great for me then since i don't know 2 shits about anything gun related. maybe i can dismantle one and learn the inner workings of it (though i don't trust myself to be able to put it back together). I'll look into MP5s and the Uzi carbine you were talking about.

i completely forgot about ammo. thanks for reminding me and i'll educate myself on different calibers and the such, if you have a better website than what i can google send it!

Other than that what are some good brands of attachments if i want a good impression on red-dot and etc?

yeah that sounds nice.

I'm too scared of shotguns at the moment but i'll definitely look at the Mossberg soon enough. I've always heard AR15's are basic bitchboy guns and are good for starters so i guess i can check them out as well.

I hate discord and i doubt i'll be able to join.

Thanks for all of your recommendations! I'll be sure to see if my range has some of them and if not i'll put them on my list of purchases!

Thanks for your recommendations too! Though you are right about full-autos, i'm sure i couldn't handle them as my first firing session.

I'm not really too scared of my area to consider a weapon for personal protection (not to mention i'm a 6'5 and 210 pounds so i don't think any niglets would be down to harassing me). But i will make sure and put those firearms on my list!

I'm definitely interested in rifles (especially old WWII ones but i'm pretty sure those aren't too practical). Thanks!

Attached: 1539363851041.png (599x596, 585K)

>(why do people hate the glock so much i'm new to the gun meme scene)
Handguns tend to either 'fit" a person or not and there's a lot of personal preference for or against any given one. With Glocks in particular, people just kind of get sick of seeing them everywhere because they're basically the Toyota Corolla of handguns.

I recommend trying one out, they're popular for a reason. I was a hater until I bought a really beat up one for cheap and it has since really proven itself. Of course you have the time and budget to try many others as well, and I encourage you to do so!
>Hi-Point sounds perfect
It really isn't. I bought one for $70 as a joke. I can shoot it kind of sort of OK, but it is crude and quite uncomfortable. It is awkwardly balanced and very annoying to take apart/put back together. A good enough option for poorfags, but seeing as how you can easily afford better I wouldn't recommend it
>Other than that what are some good brands of attachments if i want a good impression on red-dot and etc?
I recommend keeping it simple. About the only attachment I can think of for a handgun would be a decent flashlight (Surefire and Streamlight make some nice high-dollar ones). Also Mec-Gar out of Italy makes fantastic and not terribly expensive magazines, if they make mags for whatever gun you buy I highly recommend buying a few spares from them.
>(especially old WWII ones but i'm pretty sure those aren't too practical)
They're a bit behind the tech curve, but still a ton of fun to collect and shoot. You can usually find an M1 Garand in just about every gun store, Russian Mosin-Nagants and British SMLEs are about $300, German Mausers are expensive but Mausers from other countries are much more accessible. It's a very rewarding hobby, but proceed with caution as it pays to know what you're looking at and how to judge condition. Most WW2 era guns I've seen are still totally safe to fire, but some are pretty sketchy.

If you find an old/interesting gun in a store and are unsure if it's a good gun/good deal you can always ask to take a few photos of it and make a thread here. Anons are (usually) helpful in giving you an idea of what you're getting into or if it's not a good deal.

If you can't take a photo, write down everything stamped on it, the price and whatever is described on the tag. That can give us some idea even if it leaves out the condition.

I'll take your word for Hi-Point. When i'm able to stick to a singular gun to focus on i'll look into Mec-Gar and buy a couple magazines and the such! It'd be cool if i can find a genuine Luger or something as cool as pic related (yeah i play fag games, i'm not proud of it either). I'll keep a lookout and heed your warnings.

I might take pics of my first gun that i do eventually buy and i'll try to remember that Jow Forums exists as my quality check.

Attached: destiny2_2018-11-07_12-49-03.jpg (1680x1050, 209K)

>My normie amerimutt brain kind of expected guns to be a lot more expensive tbqhwy
Guns tend to cost more in Europe, on average.
The open and free market in America, however, has lead to lots of innovation in lowering prices, and making economy oriented firearms, and just competitive pricing in general.
For just $500, you can get yourself a perfectly good rifle or pistol, nothing exquisite, but a gun that works and which you can depend on. Hell, there's even some low budget alternatives which aren't bad.

Higher end things do exist for those who want to spend the money and get something extra nice, however.

Attached: Wilson Combat.jpg (1135x757, 107K)

>maybe i can dismantle one and learn the inner workings of it
Really, don't, they're bothersome to take apart and put back together.
Again, you're WELL past the point where a Hi-Point makes any sense to you, because you're clearly not a poorfag.

>MP5, Uzi
I mean, if you'd like them, they're pretty cool, but don't take it as an order, they're not for everyone.

OMG! This turned me GAY!

>asks for a first gun
>the whole thread tells him to buy a hi-point

Fuck you, Jow Forums, fuck you.

Attached: glock.jpg (800x300, 24K)

you're lucky to be NC.
first i'd say look into
>budget of $7200
jesus. fucking. christ.

your question should be more of what do you not want? you can get just about anything outside of a barret 50 cal or a machine gun (even then, i've seen some go for $6000 here in VA)
yeah $1000 is a good place to start. if you want to just rent a glock at a range, by all means go for it. I got nothing against them as they are good pistols. I just prefer the 92 series from beretta.
>optics
Vortex is pretty good for optics, but i also got a holographic sight for like 80-90 that looked to be old leo shit given what was written on the side.
>rustington
the 870 aint bad if you take care of her, but the bolt guns they make aren't worth the price. (not saying they are bad, it's just other guns can do the same if not better for the same price or cheaper)
i'd still reccomend a 590 though. don't worry about the recoil, you'll be fine. especially at your height and weight.
outside of a field strip, is spot on.

Welcome to Jow Forums newfag

Attached: 1529864463312.jpg (1024x626, 71K)

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

>Buys just one AR

Lol faggot, I bought 4 the other day.

Now THAT’S Murcia AF!

Attached: 2504AE47-3A12-410A-A71E-9B40952AA91B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)