What singular piece of equipment, from your country, are you most proud of?

What singular piece of equipment, from your country, are you most proud of?

Attached: rooikat-105-REUOM04.jpg (726x430, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZlxDFRQ0KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk6K1zTBcI4
theaviationgeekclub.com/viggen-vs-blackbird-swedish-air-force-ja-37-fighter-pilots-able-achieve-radar-lock-legendary-sr-71-mach-3-spy-plane/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/swedens-super-stealth-submarines-are-so-lethal-they-sank-us-18383
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EE-T1_Osório
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX-05_Xiuhcoatl?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sweden here

Probably the Archer Artillery System:
youtube.com/watch?v=DZlxDFRQ0KQ

... Or maybe the Carl Gustaf recoilless rifle?
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk6K1zTBcI4

... The Saab 37 Viggen is the only fighter jet that ever managed to get a missile lock on the SR-71 Lockheed, and also did so multiple times, so that's cool.
theaviationgeekclub.com/viggen-vs-blackbird-swedish-air-force-ja-37-fighter-pilots-able-achieve-radar-lock-legendary-sr-71-mach-3-spy-plane/
(apparently the last name of the fighter pilot who locked on SR-71 five times literally means "Fire")

... Then there's our Gotland-class submarines, like the one that managed to do multiple simulated attack runs on the USS Ronald Reagan and "sink" it - without being detected by any support vessels.
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/swedens-super-stealth-submarines-are-so-lethal-they-sank-us-18383

... The Visby-class stealth corvette is fine too. I can't really decide.

Attached: 4C5ts3z.jpg (2677x1732, 904K)

I'm proud that my nation literally invented the concept of the assault rifle

Attached: 368a03c107850bd20aa240253d72b1c6.jpg (540x811, 146K)

The Norwegians put a 90mm plane cannon on a chaffee to hunt Soviet tanks.

Attached: standard_chaffee__e2_80_93_1_2.png (580x397, 490K)

NM-116 Panserjager" if ya wanna google

Probably the F-15 family.

In HUELAND we put a 90mm on a M3 Stuart

Attached: huestuart.jpg (600x281, 52K)

EE-T1 Osório. The main battle tank considered the best in it's category at the time. Unfortunately the unsuccess in sales due to the Abrams' low prices paved the path of Engesa's — my favorite company — bankruptcy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EE-T1_Osório

Attached: osorio11.jpg (640x476, 50K)

7,92 Kurz is no intermediate caliber. Even when the Ivan cloned the design, AKM was literally a large machinepistol by description.

penis tank

Attached: images-1.jpg (651x406, 41K)

Philippines here
Sumpak Rocket Launcher
It did look pretty shitty, but at least this one somehow was made with some effort.

Attached: MSSR_Gen_5.jpg (4096x2304, 2.51M)

Fuck, wrong pic

Attached: 800px-Sumpak_Rocket_Launcher_Front_View.jpg (800x600, 71K)

Finns created the best AK-like rifle, and thus the best assault rifle.

Also the best Moist Nuggets back inna days.

Attached: 1498577835901.jpg (1280x960, 275K)

Attached: c7a2-cc.png (738x256, 92K)

>Unfortunately the unsuccess in sales due to the Abrams' low prices paved the path of Engesa's — my favorite company — bankruptcy.
Not at all accurate, but whatever.

Italian here.
I'm gonna post the regia nave Roma, a battleship so scary for the Nazis, that they sunk it (with the first guided bomb) a day after Badoglio made Italy pass with the allies.

Attached: 2211img_1986.jpg (580x425, 74K)

fucking brilliant IKEA-niggers

kek

You know that the bloc didn't designate the ak as an assault rifle because the term was unheard of back then?

That sure sent the wops a message. The Krauts fucking annihilated you guys after that sissy surrendered.

Attached: images(2).jpg (287x175, 7K)

i actually want one of these just to work on

Finland

Twin barreled 120mm mortar turret.

Attached: 13-3-6119449.jpg (1198x674, 110K)

Attached: TS_16.png (2058x862, 2.29M)

and of course

Attached: uzi2e413423_0.jpg (1450x894, 72K)

or maybe the iron dome

Attached: iron-e1433786612780.jpg (798x450, 86K)

>AKM was literally a large machine pistol by description.
So was the Sturmgewehr you fucking mongoloid.

I suppose the AMV since it seems to be pretty popular around the world.

Attached: Patria-AMV-with-120mm-NEMO-Mortar-System.jpg (1600x1066, 399K)

Iron dome for sure man

thats some 40k shit

Tell me about it, I love how it can be used for direct fire too.

How is that not accurate? Engesa had invested its complete budget into the tank and the tank failed to sell because of American political pressure.

>and the tank failed to sell because of American political pressure
This is the inaccurate part. It failed to sell because ENGESA invested everything into the tank- and tried to sell it to Iraq. It was this, and the concerns about ENGESA's production capacity (They'd never built a tank before, and the Brazillian army wasn't buying) that sank the vehicle.

Austria reporting in
A.E.I.O.U. Alles Erdreich Ist Österreich Untertan

where to start lads?

-Glock Pistol family
-Steyr and Steyr-Mannlicher AUG, SPP and TMP, M95, SSG, HS etc. families
-Steyr-Solothurn MP34
-Steyr-Roth 1907
-Mannlicher-Schönauer M1903
-Paul Lugers Luger P08
-Voere X3
-Every Hunting Rifle from Ferlach
-Ulan APC tracked
-Pandur APC wheeled
-Cuirassier light tank
-M11 30,5 cm siege-mortar "Schlanke Emma"
-develpopment and first use of gas chambers in the KZ Mauthausen, prototype for all other concentration camps
-Radetzky Class dreadnoughts inventing triple gun turrets
-invention of "bouncing betty" jump mines
-invention of plastic anti personell mines at Assmann
-construction and production of the Heinkel 162 "Salamander" oder "Volksjäger"

and so on.

If you ever come to Austria for a Schnitzel and to listen to some Mozart, remember, we most certainly made the stuff, that one of your ancisters was propably killed with.

Attached: 5859529342_13162f0c02_b.jpg (624x409, 185K)

Saw a guy have a stroke in his car, sitting in his Yugo beside a fenced area. got his foot stuck on the gas while having the stroke and rammed into the fence. The fence was literally bent and fucked, the Yugo was fine, only the registration plate fell off

PS: Austrias single piece most proud of?
-the 42cm Mortar m1917

Attached: tak02018pic7.jpg (800x600, 98K)

They tried to sell it to Saudi and America strong armed them into the Abrams

Fridtjof Nansen-class frigate

Great ships for a reasonable price.

Attached: KNM_Helge_Ingstad.jpg (2157x2591, 740K)

I well know. It was the worst thing an Italian did since Italy was United.

P.s.,here in Italy we use the name "badoglio" to refer to a traitor, or someone switching sides.

probably the harrier or the vulcan

Did you read a single thing I said? Why on earth would you buy an MBT from a company that's circling the drain, and just tried to sell to a country that was peddling the same tank to the regional menace.

African Warfare that was later adapted by the Rhodesians and South Africans.

Fucking soviets advisors must have felt like they were in 1920.

Attached: dra6.jpg (640x360, 65K)

HUNTER-DAK-ALOUETTE FRIENDSHIP TRINITY ETERAL FIREFORCE FOREVER

OH WHEN THE SAINTS
OH WHEN THE SAINTS
OH WHEN THE SANTS DO FIREFORCE

> KEK

There's just something about this plane. As far as aerial control goes it totally dominates other airplanes. Seriously. The F-35 may be more advanced in its electronics and Russia or China may have some half-baked competitor but for everything else in a fighter the F-22 is unparalleled. It's a shame they were designed and developed perfectly but then we lost the opponent they were designed to beat, and so we didn't need 1000 of them so we only have 200 of them in stock.

It's a beautifully alien looking plane. If you ever get the chance to see one in action you should definitely do it. You'll realize that the pilot is using maybe 10% of its potential in an airshow.

If there's one thing it doesn't have it's armament endurance. The internal bay does not carry that many missiles. Such is the result of having the radar signature of a robin.

Attached: F22raptor.jpg (1486x990, 64K)

We made our own rifle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX-05_Xiuhcoatl?wprov=sfla1
Plz accept us.

oh fuck that's the first genuine laugh i've had in a while

Looks like a G36. Muey bien.

We actually had a legal dispute with Heckler and Koch. We won.

Nice. I read a little of that page you posted, seems like HK realized that while you boys copied their (sexy) design the internals were totally different so there wasn't grounds for a lawsuit. How German of them.

I love that fucking name too. "Fire serpent". Goddamn that's too cool.

Attached: tomselleckwaterstealing-500x516dAcYW.jpg (500x516, 53K)

I hear they make great submarines.

Eh... I think the concept of an assault rifle evolved to include AKs and MP44s in the same sense that assault rifle can cover what we refer to on this board as battle rifles, or for the ARFCOM boomers MBRs, it's a broader catch all. Remember that the first firearm chambered in 7.62x39 in general issue was the RPD way back in '45. I don't think anyone would consider that a belt fed SMG based on it's cartridge. I will piggy back on your comment to say that I sincerely believe the Hungarian AMD Tanker is a top-5 SMG and I know I could catch shit for putting it in that category but it kind of works given the nature of it's role.

It's truly in your nation's blood to bantz.

It was only a machinepistol in name. The designers of the StG literally called it the MP-44 because Hitler was so fanatical about full power rifle cartridges and bolt actions, being the oldschool WWI vet he was, but accepted that a Machinenpistole could be automatic. The StG was literally developed in secret under Hitler's nose. Turned out he fucking loved the gun after it was revealed to him.

I've got a 20" AR that I've consider turning into a C7 clone but I can't find the proper furniture anywhere.

The F-22 I think will be most historically relevant for being unrivaled for such a large period of time. Competitors are arriving now, but for a good 10-15 years nothing came close to it's capabilities.

Sweden

Using the Bofors 40mm is kind of cheating, so I'll go for the tank that made everyone lose their shit at because it wasn't a tank and yet it kept beating everything that was a tank.

Stridsvagn 103 / S-Tank

I just love the way it looks and all the clever ideas it had like one man operation etc.

Attached: S-tank.jpg (640x402, 51K)

>A plane design from the 80s is only now getting competitors that still fail to equal with it
feels good

Supersonic, stealth, and STOVL. The only jet in history to combine all three.

Attached: 281F53C3-62B0-4709-A0D4-094498D8135D.jpg (798x447, 44K)

6 internal amraams is plenty desu

the mp5 cuz it is pure secks

Attached: 2.jpg (360x203, 11K)

That's not a - oh.

I heard it has a pioneering anti submarine mode

You were incorrect though

That's a .22

Not if you're facing 7 MiGs!

The fact that these were flown halfway around the globe to bomb an argie airfield to prove a point makes me pretty proud to be a Bong.

Attached: 1468364201223.jpg (1600x1282, 980K)

l-lewd

We did a CIWS brrrt

Attached: Goalkeeper.jpg (2048x1362, 176K)

>

Attached: 5.jpg (1156x690, 318K)

that, or HMS Dreadnought simply for how much impact it had on naval technology.

but you could make a list a mile long of things the british isles have been behind - first iron hulled ship, radar, Colossus...

Literally just US gibs....

Attached: nagasaki.jpg (284x177, 9K)

Hungary reporting in. If I had to choose one and one only, this would be it. We had some decent weapon designs by the way, but just not enough.

Attached: Danuvia_M43.jpg (864x339, 14K)

The 43M Danuvia's predecessor, the 39M Danuvia was bretty gud as well. Here is a smug paratrooper with a 39M Danuvia. Hungarian paratroopers existed in a constant state of smugness.

Attached: 1068886_12552_Hungarian_Danuvia_39.M.jpg (434x500, 33K)

Model One Sales

You're welcome

In America, our word for that is "Italian"

Attached: my fucking sides3.jpg (340x314, 78K)

Ukraine.
This artillery boats.

Attached: МБАК.jpg (2048x1360, 434K)

Except I'm 100 percent correct. The Saudis had 2 options. Either buy a tank that's used by both the United States and Egypt already, made by your biggest ally that supports you, and is maybe marginally worse (If even that, armor wasn't tested and it's likely the Osorio was not exemplary in that department). The other option is to buy an untested MBT that's being made by a company that's never made an MBT before, who is trying to sell the tank to Iraq, your biggest regional rival, and is circling the drain with no domestic buy in. The correct choice is clear, and the Saudis made it.

Designed and manufactured by Skoda, czech republic. Get outa here basement rapist.

enforce border

That's a different MP5.

>ukraine
>proud country
no such thing

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (600x369, 20K)

There really isn't much produced here, so these fit the bill as pretty good for the time Cold War artillery pieces.

Attached: Arty.jpg (1486x1008, 227K)

Although it wasn't effective as a weapon, it was a technological leap forward in rocketry
Also it was the first man-made object to reach space

Attached: V-2.jpg (600x784, 62K)

The Carl Gustav or AT-4 would be my choice, just so iconic.

The CV90 and Strv 103 are two other great examples

This thing is pretty neat

Attached: 1027260897.jpg (1000x541, 140K)

I hope they shoot them before they jump into my country.

Knowing Russians 3 of the migs would be unable to take off 1 would be to drink to fly and crash 2 would suffer engine or structural failure once they entered a dog fight and the last one would get blown out of the sky while frantically looking for the f22 because his radar cant pick it up and he doesnt realize it fired a missle from BVR

The Germans didn't invent the concept, though.

The rules for what constitutes a 'full-sized rifle cartridge' and 'pistol cartridge' are 100% arbitrary, so the intermediate cartridge thing is a big fat fallacy.

The fact of the matter is that weapons like the Fedorov Avtomat fill all the physical requirements of what constitutes an assault rifle, utilizing a cartridge weaker than their standard for rifles for the express purpose of making the gun more controllable.

We run into similar arguments in other fields of study, such as with Tanks. Some people refuse to acknowledge that the Panther was a 'medium' tank because it was so much heavier than other medium tanks of the era. But it was deployed as a medium, so...

How bout L39 albatros
CZ everything

And historical
LT 38
Ot 64
All the fucking big guns in early 20th century.

>considered the best
By who, exactly? The state owned media in whatever 3rd world shithole you're from?

>Number built: 2 prototypes
huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Hold up, you're telling me there's a place in Austria called Assmann?

>pistol grip
>select fire
>intermediate round
the StG 44 was the first proper assault rifle put into widespread service, stop trying to deny well accepted facts

Attached: FG 42.jpg (1024x771, 261K)

It was a joke, bud.

I don't think most people would agree that the best ak type rifle is necessarily the best assault rifle

Pistol grip was literally never a requirement of being called an assault rifle.

The Fedorov Avtomat was also select fire.

"Intermediate cartridge" is arbitrary. The FA used a scaled down cartridge for the express purpose of practicality. I explained this in my last post.

does this count

Attached: sv.jpg (3000x2409, 345K)