Rafale Out of the Running for Canadian Fighter

Rafale get fucked

nationalpost.com/news/politics/french-firm-dassault-pulls-out-of-fighter-jet-competition-sources

Also

>Aircraft needs to be Five Eyes certified

So Gripen is also fucked. Only Super Hornet, F-35, and Typhoon are still really in the race.

Attached: Rafale.jpg (1000x667, 113K)

Wonder if they'll just admit that the F-35 is the best option and get it, or do something completely retarded just to damage control the fact that they are morons.

I'm just waiting for the greatest back-down of all time.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-06 Justin Trudeau ( JustinTrudeau) Twitter.png (735x637, 582K)

I have been seeing some F-35 hype lately, especially after Belgium bought in. The things I read are the F-35's problems/price point have been ironed out and it's sensors/radar are so advanced nothing else comes close to it.

>single engine for arctic patrols

Unless its the Carrier version to use the ground based arresting systems on the arctic strips its pointless.

Alaska runs F16s and F35s just fine.

Gripen has a fuck ton of its avionics sourced from UK, it might be compatible with Canadian requirements, but generally I doubt they will get a single engine light fighter. It is also worth noticing that Boeing ruined their relationship with Canadian government by getting 300% tariffs on Bombardier sale to American Airlines, that got overruled at court, but it pissed off Canadian government a bit. Prior to that Canadians were on verge of buying a small batch of SuperHornets as stopgap until larger fighter procurement. Instead they bought bunch of used Hornets from emu cunts to cannibalize parts for their existing Hornets.

The F-35 is the only logical option.

Buy the Thyphoon faggots

The F-35 is easily the most advanced and capable fighter in anybody's arsenal.

That single engine is beefier than anything that will get sucked into it. Pilots reported that they don't even realize bird strikes or FOD until the maintenance crews have to spray the guts off after landing.

the Canuck version in development had special equipment for arctic landings, including a drag chute. (you don't need the carrier version's folding wings, so you don't just want that one)

Norway is still gonna buy that variant even if Canada doesn't, and the leafs paid for the R&D, so, lol

Also probably the Finns.

The only suitable solution for Canada is Su-57.

Attached: Su-57.jpg (1400x900, 1.07M)

I realized Sukhoi has been desperate for sales since India backed out but i didn’t think they’d resort to shilling on a Tibetan singing bowl discussion forum

Just get the super hornet. What are you even going do with the planes, bomb beavers and moose?

We all know what it'll be. The only question is how much crying and screaming along the way.

Typhoon is really the only option if they are after a fast, long range interceptor with the ability to bomb sand people.

It's also now the cheapest aircraft after BAE slashed the price by 25%. The fact that the RAF uses it too is also a big boost for Canadian hopes of joint training and logistics.

Attached: BRIMSTONE-METEOR-ASRAAM-TYPHOON.jpg (2362x1366, 852K)

ohh so its only twice as expensive as f-35 now?
fuckin bargain m8

>implying canada will ever by a new fighter anyway
>implying canada won't just defund their entire military costa rica style within the next ten years
All a dog and pony show from a vassal pretending to be a country.

What on earth are you on about? The price of Typhoon has a huge profit margin. It's been falling gradually to stay cheaper than serious competitors. The most recent 25% slash in price mean it's now about £65-70m per jet depending on number/support.

It's also an order of magnitude cheaper to operate which most people ignore for some reason despite the fact that this is the real cost of choosing a jet as the through life costs form the majority of the expense.

Top kek.

Attached: 1509128008001.jpg (700x638, 88K)

source?

I think they gonna buy Eurofighter only if it means Bombardier and Airbus are doing some form of fusion.

>The most recent 25% slash in price mean it's now about £65-70m per jet depending on number/support.
lol

That has more to do with pilot's being retarded and less to do with the engine being beefy. Not saying the engine is bad, but there's nothing magical about it. Even If it sucks up something soft like a bird and they get a partial inlet blockage, the engine is going to get robbed of cooling air causing damage to the combustion liner and turbine.

Its like a pointy flying pancake.

Should just buy Chinese

How much butthurt would it vause if Canada buys J-10B?

Attached: file.png (1195x569, 1.16M)

My sides would drop on Australia

Most Vancouverites would approve.

shit, honestly, as a burger, I would LUV it if the canucks got some J-10Cs. LockMart is getting boring.

You might as well have suggested they buy unicorns.

And F-22's.

Attached: 170603-Z-MW427-706.jpg (7360x4912, 1.45M)

Why doesn't Canada just get 4-engine planes like the B-17 for extra redundancy?

Attached: B-17%20GG2.JPG?itok=iwgEEWSV.jpg (800x410, 33K)

The dragchute was developped for Norway, and iirc they payed for most of the R&D cost. Wonder how this will turn out if the Canadians end up using it. Are they going to pay royalties ? Did LockMart plan some kind of legal trick to get all the money ?

Trudeau has at best a couple years left. He managed to stall the F-35 buying process long enough to go through the utter humiliation of buying second-hand Hornets from Aussies. If he tries to get re-elected he won't make the F-35 a campaign argument again.

We already have a Lancaster that's why.

Rafale is a fat ugly whore and nobody likes her

>as a burger
[x] Doubt

i'd be interested just to get a good bead on the J-10C, instead of the normal
>J-10 = 5 F-16s!! Very implessive and quantum!
chinkposting