Will revolvers ever be used by the military again?

Will revolvers ever be used by the military again?

Attached: zen buck.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

No. Because there is no plus side to revolvers anymore.

Revolvers were killed when magnum calibers became available in pistols.

No what would make you think this retarded idea

>revolvers were killed when magnum calibers became available in pistols

Will you go back to using an oil lantern instead of a flashlight?

>magnum calibers
>important for the military

Attached: blyat.jpg (480x465, 42K)

maybe taurus judge could be used in some special roles

no

the .45 ACP used to be considered a heavy pistol round in it's day. I can see heavy pistols being very attractive to military planners.

Supposedly special forces sometimes still use them because muh reliability in mud and water.

The Judge isn't useful to anyone, least of all the military.

No, cause they're shit. Not only are they very limited capacity, they are fragile and absolutely cannot handle being thrown in mud, sand or dirt like a semi auto can. It's a fact, even small amounts of debris can gum up the embarrassingly open cylinder and cylinder/barrel gap. Semi autos can keep chugging after mud or dirt easily. Not to mention getting dropped the wrong way can easily break or fracture pins and locks in a revolver if it lands wrong. Just inferior weapons to autos no doubt. There's a reason that all rifles are also autos and you don't see revolver rifles.

This user gets it. With all the cut fundings the army can't afford all these tax stamps for smoothbore .410 revolvers anymore. Take it from a veteran. These things are our weapon of choise when sitting on the base in Irak. Snakes and big ass spiders everywhere. Thank you taurus!

as an officer's sidearm for committing suicide

That's not a revolver, it's a dog

>There's a reason that all rifles are also autos and you don't see revolver rifles.

And that reason is cylinder gap you retard.

Whose special forces? Because it damn sure isn't any western country.

Also, revolvers are even shittier in mud than semis.

The reason you don't see revolver rifles is because the revolver action and cylinder-gap makes the benefits of a longer barrel moot, not because of reliability, dumbshit.

revolver cannons are quite common
and there is also revolver grenade launchers

The GIGN supposedly still do.

Not magnums then user. Just calibers bigger than blowback auto loaders could handle. Bigger than 32 and 380 auto.

This guy gets it.

Attached: 1532745048533.jpg (720x548, 31K)

I didn't say that it was only because of reliability issues queers, I was rather pointing out how shitty a design must be to not be able to scale to rifles, for multiple reasons. I mean honestly, revolvers are a horribly open system while semi autos are more or less sealed. It's obvious why they're shit. Stay mad

The last thing you want is mud in the action of your revolver. A semi auto at least has a chance of kicking that shit out of the gun.

Those fuckers chose a .357 in a plane because it would be deafening. They're smart fuckers for that but my guess is that in today's age they use semi autos exclusively.

If we're talking revolvers and not magnums, then the best use would be specialty rounds that don't have a standard recoil.

BUT, considering that it's difficult to form a gas seal with revolvers I concede the point. There's just no good scenario that revolvers would be preferred.

>In the action.

Where exactly would mud get in? Through the tiny hole that the hand sticks out from?

the MILKOR MGL is a revolver of sorts used in the military. In the style most people here are thinking, no - because its fucking stupid - but as a rotary grenade launcher - actually not a bad application.

Wish I could have had one instead of my M9. But then I wouldn't have been able to snag like 30 magazines.

Maybe in a tank for the main gun. Load up a cylinder to have some shots quickly at the ready, or single feed them in as tanks with manual loaders do now.

Yeah what the fuck? Why are tanks not using big ass revolving chambers? Would it be too big?

>t. ATF hunter