Hard Truth

ITT Hard truths of the American gun community and market.

>AR15s are the most hassle-free military style rifle you can get, other rifle types sacrifice cost and parts availability
>AK47s and 74s are a gamble on the quality of manufacturing regardless of manufacturer
>5.56x45 and 9mm are the best calibers worth using from a civilian perspective due to low cost and widespread availability
Search your feelings Jow Forums. You know it to be true.

Attached: pumpedupkicks.png (825x581, 895K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.1800gunsandammo.com/five-reasons-you-shouldnt-reload-your-own-ammunition/
npr.org/2017/10/05/555580598/fact-check-is-chicago-proof-that-gun-laws-don-t-work
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow this is bold and brave

10mm > all
reload your own and stop being a poor faggot. Wow all your issues are solved just like that?

I agree as a poor college fag

Bold and brave would be sticking my dick in your mother's STD ridden crotch

>just spend more money!
No thanks, I prefer shooting more bullets more often.

People whose personalities and day to day life revolve around firearms are sad and boring people who are wasting away their precious time.
Civilians who take "prepping" seriously but are fat fucks are the most hilarious thing ever
Molle anything is a great way to openly showcase everyone how much of a faggot you are
Open carry is fucking retarded
If you ever had an ND you should sell all your funs and never ever speak about the subject matter
If you didn't serve you are not a man

Attached: when you need to rave but also operate.webm (400x400, 2.6M)

The 2nd ammendment was put in place because America needed people who could take up arms at a moment's notice. The government didn't have the time or money to train a standing army, so they relied on soldiers bringing their own weapons and training. It is completely and totally outdated.

That being said, any restriction on gun rights is a straight shot to totalitarianism, and self defense should be a universal human right.

>The 2nd ammendment was put in place because America needed people who could take up arms at a moment's notice. The government didn't have the time or money to train a standing army, so they relied on soldiers bringing their own weapons and training. It is completely and totally outdated.
Imagine being this historically illiterate

>air force ROTC from local university
They're the real heroes

>even bitch basic rifles are very often more accurate than their shooters, you can't buy your way out of discipline

>Threepers, tactitards, and people who advertise that they own guns are cringe.
>Gun manufacturers and FFLs will choose ATF compliance over your rights
>while you're free to own as many guns as you want, you probably don't need more than 2 pistols, 1 rifle, and 1 shotgun.
>G-men really don't care if you own guns
Which is why we need to dismantle the military-industrial complex

Attached: CNh6u4SWsAA-L1v.png (600x600, 345K)

We are most likely living in the high water mark for gun rights
Its just a decline from here

>He thinks you have to waste your life shooting at sand in the Middle East to qualify as a man
Ok retard have fun with your PTSD and dead friends

Attached: 7409B5A9-A308-4297-8CF5-ADC212F7E0DA.jpg (638x475, 57K)

you can shoot way more bullets if you reload them yourself. Its way cheaper no matter what Cartridge you choose.

What is a hassle-free military style rifle OP?
Is the m1garand m1a m1carbine included in this? Bolt action milsurp?.... I'm not disagreeing just wondering what your form of measurement is.

>If you didn't serve you are not a man
>if you don't go die in and endless war a thousand mile away while your country is subverted by a ruling class hostile to your rights you aren't a man

>5.56x45 and 9mm are the best calibers worth using from a civilian perspective due to low cost and widespread availability
But it's illegal to hunt big game with anything under .25 in my state.

Not him, but you're missing the point. The point is that you should face stress, boredom, sleep loss, and danger.
>t. Neverserved

>Those oh, so, precious policemen you love so much are the ones you'll have to kill first, come a civil war
>If you don't stash extra, you probably won't have it
>You need to train with and own what they have, incase your $5000 1911 and custom FAL run dry ot break down
>Law is bullshit, morality is essential
Prove me wrong, fuckers, I enjoy learning the faults in my logic

Attached: 1541370456774.jpg (720x408, 35K)

You're not.
Also
>come Day of the Grab, a lot of gun nuts will be the very first to surrender and start bootlicking

10mm < every revolver caliber from .357 and larger

I meant that getting and using an AR15 is easy compared to other military style rifles in the US market. For example when looking to buy an AR you can search any website, visit your LGS, visit your local man-mall (like Big 5), look on Armslist, or any other place and you can find an AR15 for a very affordable price. There's no shortages of AR15s. There's no special parts you have to buy to make them work. You'd have to try hard not to find an AR15 these days. Add onto that, the prices vary from around $500 for a basic complete rifle to upwards of $2000+ for specially designed ARs. Furthermore, aftermarket parts that work on those $2000+ guns will also work on your $500 gun.

There is simply no other military style rifle on the US market like it.

It's another vet with a stick up their ass.
>'I was on a boat with my friends drinking beer for 8 years! RESPECT ME!'
There is a reason why people call you welfare queens.
This. I constantly have to remind people of this.
What about .22? also I think guns-and-ammo did an article about this.
blog.1800gunsandammo.com/five-reasons-you-shouldnt-reload-your-own-ammunition/
I guess if your free time is meaningless to you and you enjoy it that's fine.

THIS
H
I
S

Also possibly this. Depending on how the next election goes we could be facing 1994 2.0

If you didn't serve but still LARP as military, it's because you didn't want your feelings fucked by a Drill Instructor
>t. Neverserved

>its easy to buy a legal rifle that has become the most popular one of the market in the US over the last 50 years with a huge aftermarket
Whoah. I wasn't disagreeing with you just wasn't sure where it was coming from.

What's wrong with an ar15 being 'the most hassle-free military style rifle you can get, other rifle types sacrifice cost and parts availability'?

Modern? Probably an ar like OP said.
If you mean a rifle used by a military at some point, then bolt actions are as simple as they come, the SKS was made for peasants to use and bridges the gap between old and new rifles, the m1 carbine is pretty good for it's time.

Modern intermediate cartridges are easier to shoot

*Also, most importantly, AR15s that are $500 work just as well as those $2000+ ones. There's very little variation in QC of the AR market unlike many other markets where it is more of a crapshoot.

People love them sum bacon flavored cock

They'd rather live as slaves than die as free men.

>wont take me due to history of heart and colon issues
>'If you didn't serve but still LARP as military, it's because you didn't want your feelings fucked by a Drill Instructor'
Maybe I just want to have fun while developing rifle skills as opposed to boringly sitting at a range bench or magdumping into cardboard from 7yards like a moron.

Attached: img_0776.jpg (950x1187, 427K)

Nothing. I didn't really know what you were getting at so I mind dumped on you. Sorry dude.

>his life is so sheltered that he thinks the military is the only way to experience this
People like are just mad because I do manlier shit farming than he ever did during his 4 years sitting on base all day.

>Maybe I just want to have fun while developing rifle skills as opposed to boringly sitting at a range bench or magdumping into cardboard from 7yards like a moron.
Okay, I don't LARP, but I do fantasize when exercising.
Yes, my life is sheltered, and it's boring. Sure, you'll likely to be a Fobbit in the service, but there's still a better chance of doing high-speed shit there than in civvie life.

reloading time isnt an issue with the multi stage hornady lock n load ap.
t. not a hornady shill

as cringey as it gets, congratz user

>day to day life revolve around firearms
>being a weapons broker makes you boring

Attached: 1532922565899.jpg (250x250, 14K)

AKs are for commies and terrorist larpers.
10mm is the penultimate hipster caliber.
Baretta 92 > 1911 (thus 9mememeter > .45)

American gun culture is weaponized autism, when you really think about it. So much sperging out over minutia such as barrel twist, barrel weight, cartridge weight, caliber wars, etc.

Attached: 1529805072665.jpg (900x900, 159K)

Stopping power is meaningless, handguns are all about capacity. Also handgun caliber fighting is fucking retarded.

Sounds pretty gay but ok.

So bald and so fewlish*

Those that do stand and fight, even if the government became tyrannical on a separate issue, would not be seen as heroes or freedom fighters. They would quickly be vilified as anarchists and domestic terrorists.

Show me where the 2nd talks about 'muh self defense against the gubment'. It literally states defense of the State as the reason to exist.

The civil war taught us that one.

imagine _Actually_ being this retarded.

>Confederates
>heroes
>freedom fighters
Don't secede and don't get your ass whooped. Very easy to understand, sisterfucker.

True, but
>security of a FREE state
Laws and votes are just polite suggestions if they are not backed by an implicit threat of force.

Attached: robert-a-heinlein-655214.jpg (640x980, 152K)

The fact of the matter is nearly every common handgun caliber is perfectly adequate for self defense and by far the most important factor is whether you actually hit someone or not. A magdump of 380 into someone's chest will kill and stop nearly everyone in almost every case.

5.45x39 > 5.56x45
7.62x25 > 9x19
Sorry not sorry

>The military is a waste of time in the post-9/11 era
>The military isn't a noble or heroic field, it's just another job
>The average person is too stupid and incompetent to be trusted with constitutional carry, requiring permits to show you have training is ideal
>AR-15 owners are mostly stuck-up pretentious asshole normies, same with Glock owners

>7.62x25
Meme as fucc boi

>>The military is a waste of time in the post-9/11 era
>>The military isn't a noble or heroic field, it's just another job
Failed the duckwalk, huh?

Attached: shaving.jpg (768x538, 37K)

>he fell for the reloading meme
Steel case is cheaper than reloading even in the long run. Unless you have an automated reloading station that can perfectly reload your brass without supervision.

Car culture is very similar maybe we're all just autistic

All men are autistic in some way or another. A sprinkle of autism about a topic here and there is what gives a person personality and passion.

>people whose personalities and day to day life revolve around firearms are sad

This can be applied to anything imo. You can have a "primary interest," but if you've only got one thing that you can and want to talk about, whether it be anime or firearms, than you're definitely an autist.

>If you took all the time you spent debating calibers and brands and spent it practicing instead, you would be better prepared for any gunfight, regardless of weapon.

I hope your better with targets than with concepts, otherwise id feel pretty bad for you.

Lock n loads in a turret press are a life charger

All gun culture is weaponized autism. Just look at all the fudd alchemy.

>"Now this part is very important. If you don't add the beeswax between the third and sixth stroke of midnight and fully submerge the barrel in the elixir, it won't be broken in and you'll need to buy a new gun."

I still think millimemeter is less clunky

This. If a guy is really into general aviation and all he talks about is pilot shit any conversation is going to be one-way and horribly boring for anyone not like him. That isn't autistic, but it is socially awkward.

The only thing I could point out is that some of the rural police/sheriff departments might be on our side in a shtf scenerio, but thats a big if.
You are entirely correct

>wheelgats are a legitimate choice in 2018

Attached: 1539807394969.jpg (365x346, 16K)

You know cops in Vermont told everyone they wouldn't enforce the law and also handed out 30 round magazines to people with ars.
Fuck off.

>You'd have to try hard not to find an AR15 these day
Come to fagsachuttes and say that shit.

>If you didn't serve but still LARP as military
I got arrested for assault and what the other dude said
I dont want to shoot paper at 7 yards.
My uncles where in the military and they said do anything else

Not an argument.
Oh, I don't disagree. Like I said before I believe the ability to defend oneself should be a human right, and life itself is an inalienable right. It's just that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect our guns so that we can fight our own government, but rather that we can defend our own free and soverign state from the malicious intentions of other nations.

>It's just that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect our guns so that we can fight our own government, but rather that we can defend our own free and soverign state from the malicious intentions of other nations.

It's to protect ourselves from tyranny regardless of the source. You think the founding fathers wrote it thinking "Yeah but if the government itself becomes oppressive they should give up their guns and just deal with it?"

Seeing as how the war kicked off at the first attempt to seriously disarm the populace, I don't think the founders were as concerned about the people laying down and submitting to disarmament as they were about a foreign power (read Britain or France) trying to walk in and conquer all or part of the new nation. The wording literally specifies the State as needing defense. Perhaps the only modernization it needs is to say "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free PEOPLE, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Yeah that sounds about right, just buy Surplus AKs though if American-made ones are such a gamble.

Autism: The post.

It's people like you that make this board great.

Everything you listed here is something people encounter every day of their lives, the difference is the military might be able to shoot at the source of their problems. Most of the time the source of said problems are their own superiors

>10mm > all

Centerfire rifle > 10mm

No debate required. There is no other defensible position.

Quit stating the obvious like it's some important revelation, dumbass. The use cases for rifles and pistols are fucking not fucking the fucking same. In combat, give me a rifle. Walking down the street to the cafe, a rifle is a REALLY BAD CHOICE.

>Police officers are not your enemy or weapons of the state during a civil war. They are blue collar workers with guns and probably think guns are pretty cool. Feds (FBI, ATF, etc.) on the other hand are the boogieman you should be looking out for.
>guns are nice but roadside bombs are better at fighting a tyrannical government and are far safer for you in the long run.
>Being prepared to fight is good but knowing how to avoid a fight ensures you live a long life
>Killing other humans is not easy and few are truthfully willing to do it. Even then they will probably feel remorse for their actions.
>Your HD weapon should be a hunting rifle or pump shotgun with a wood stock so you don't look scary in court.
>The gun community in America could benefit from trying to be polite and trying to convince others that firearms are a valuable part of American society rather than immediately calling them retarded and creating an enemy. No one will want to listen to you if you sound like an asshole.

>has no idea what he's talking about
This shit used to be cheap as fuck, even some AR uppers exist.
5.7x28 is the bigger meme.

>used to be
Key word there, memer

>If you've never been in combat you have exactly zero qualifications to speak with authority on combat equipment.

>>Your HD weapon should be a hunting rifle or pump shotgun with a wood stock so you don't look scary in court.

Pump shotgun is fine, but don't use your fucking .270 bolt gun for home defense. This kills the neighbor.

mirin digits user

Attached: 1537821706637.jpg (727x1024, 79K)

>the surplus has dried up
>companies still produce it but not at the rates that it was produced during its era
>this makes it a meme
Brainlet noguns detected. 7.62x25 is a fucking laser the same goes for 5.45x39.

>hunting rifle with wood stock
So an AK with a Chinese 5rd magazine it is

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

Morality is useless without power to back it up, power comes from force. Force is the only thing that matters.

Not true. I reload for .223, .30-06, and a few milsurp calibers. I recouped my cost on reloading gear after 2 years of on and off reloading. Cheap, common pistol calibers will take longer of course.

How many hours did you spend reloading and how much ammo did you have to make to get those returns?

Attached: 1513745852769.jpg (700x505, 215K)

T. Pog ass mother who rode a desk for 4 years

>The average gun owner is far to concerned with what they own, as opposed to their skills
>Buy what you want, but realistically you will not need more than 3 guns
>SHTF will never happen, and instead gun rights will be stripped slowely, through death by a thousand cuts.
>Too many people on Jow Forums put guns and ammo before other important life expenses

SKS-m. You're welcome.

Source? I want to believe

Cheapest doesn't mean best. If all you can afford is .223 then use it, but there are rifle cartridges with much better ballistics.

>Make statement
>Someone counters statement
>UR A RATARD!

Shiggy

Pog ass bitch and the reason you havent NDed isnt because your smart its because you dont got the balls to push the limits.

Nice bait post. If serious, I couldn't care less. I make more money and enjoy better things then you can dream about pal

>are the most hilarious thing ever
I disagree. There's a lot of things out there that are more entertaining.

How about be a badass on your own account as opposed to being a violent arm of the state? You spent this much time writing about other people? Not much going on in your life looks like. Boring video.

>npr.org/2017/10/05/555580598/fact-check-is-chicago-proof-that-gun-laws-don-t-work
>hard truth: gun control works