Ctrl+f = no gas mask thread

im dissapoint . lets fix that , show me what you got

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (241x210, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9L_zt551wOA
youtube.com/watch?v=EoE_w_IWMJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: ASBESTOS.png (138x26, 2K)

>tfw all these gasmasfags and rarely anybody debating reactive skin decontamination lotions.
I get that you're all larping, but cmon now.

Is the asbestos sandwiched between anything to keep it from getting through? Is occasional asbestos exposure even dangerous?

I got similar oldass Finnish army NBC rubber suit as in the pic, and the Drager CDR 4500 mask.
Also got some Finnish surplus M62 mask, and some even older Soviet era mask from Hungary.

It's pretty much the same as smoking: you may never even notice it at best, or you may get fucked up with the first wheeze. The shit's there pretty well packed, but over the time things start to deteriorate and leak.

That being said, by the 1970s, next to no one in the east nor west used Asbestos any more in gasmasks.

Attached: FDF rubber suit.jpg (595x1517, 295K)

we need to bring back individual decon kits
the most a soldier gets nowadays for personal decontamination is a shitty chemical-soaked mitt or rag in a foil packet

Attached: serbm1(7).jpg (1574x1488, 479K)

Attached: LPD Kit Contents.jpg (1984x1488, 678K)

We will once WWII starts and the majority of soldiers will have to wear hazmat suits for nerve gas.

WWIII*

how to decontaminate suit / mask after dwelling into radiation ? given we arent in military ? i heard that bleach works or it was just some schlomo ding dong talk , enlighten me

Attached: christ anon.jpg (500x500, 128K)

I’ve got this but in Arabic. It came on the bag from a Yugoslav m1 that was covered in Arabic scribbling

Attached: 32911479-A2B5-47B2-9D4B-0D60E1E377D8.jpg (3264x2448, 1.34M)

Attached: 687B8E61-977C-4208-BB7B-1D3077918266.jpg (3264x2448, 1.15M)

you wash it off.

What about the gas masks that make them so scary and intimidating?

It's the same as every other mask in all of human history, and the same as native warpaint. It dehumanizes the person, makes them monstrous. Their features are exaggerated or muffled. Different cultures exaggerated different features but generally speaking the most common were sunken eyes and hollow cheeks by adding darker paint to those areas.

I'm looking forward to this video:

>Asbestos
>bestos
>best

How come people wearing gas masks in ww1 didn't try to cover their exposed skin? When you get huge blisters from the poison gas.

Attached: 10953589_775800025899127_1810206289_n.jpg (352x353, 24K)

There weren't really a lot of options for that. Gas could come suddenly while you're in the middle of fighting, so you just wore what made you survive and dealt with the fuck awful blisters and prayed the krauts would get it blown in their stupid faces.

>still believing the "no asbestos after 1970" meme

Soviets used the 'tos until the very end. Wouldn't surprise me if some post-USSR filters also had it.

Attached: I thought I'd do a video.jpg (1000x568, 1.09M)

Reee asbestos doesn't do anything unless it's loose. If your filter is intact and not damaged and shitting out asbestos dust then you are fine.

Spotted the retard. And modern CBRN filters are readily available.

Attached: Filter_safety_chart.jpg (1310x610, 239K)

Where are your sources? All sources point to the fact that Soviets used activated carbon. The Brits and USA used asbestos way fucking longer than anyone else.

Every canister filter used activated charcoal.
Soviets also used asbestos in the paper pre fileter, same as the US, Brits and just about everyone. It adds mechanical strength and breaks down arsenic compounds at the same time.

are yugo m1 filters safe?

Attached: aeeiouaa.jpg (957x782, 57K)

I know that (diluted) bleach is good against biological threats. I don't think it has any particular value against radiation and I suspect it could be downright bad against chemical stuff. The only thing we were issued to deal with radioactive downfall and dust was a brush. A brush.

New Liam video, fuckers!

Attached: I THOUGHT I'D DO A VIDEO ON THE RASTA BONG MASK.jpg (952x1000, 588K)

>brush
mkay fine enuf . but what about radiation posioning ? do we got some treatment for that ?

If you manage to get radiation into your intestines I think you are in for a slow and interesting time of pain followed by an ugly death. If there is enough of it.

Let's say you find yourself in the vicinity of a dirty bomb going off. That's your suitcase size, economy version of a small actual atomic bomb.. Doesn't do much local physical damage but spreads radioactive dust around for the nearest half mile radius depending on payload size, then wind spreads it to another nine times that area. It is still enough to contaminate anyone who gets in contact with the dust by, say, walking on the street. If you make it to a nice proper decontamination point with or without help, they will take all your clothes and gear for later destruction, scrub you down with as hot clean water as you can handle, give you a onesie worth about a dollar and send you on your way. Before you get to that point you should keep your mouth shut, don't eat or drink or take pills or dry you lips and if it was possible also not breathe through your nose but that won't work does it. Any kind of mask or filter or even a hankerchief will help to keep the dust and water particles to stay out of your body.

If there is no cozy decontamination waiting for you but you make it out of the red zone at least, the dust will be all over you and your gear. Dusting off with a brush will help some, but most of your clothes will not be designed to repel dust or water. And the more you handle the contaminated gear, the more the chance increases that the fingers will be touching your mouth, nose, eyes, ass, other people - we are only human. If you can discard it all for something uncontaminated, that is best.

If you actually do swallow some of that shit, there's iodine pills. Don't ask me about the chemistry but it supposedly helps - the local govt emergency centers stockpiles it. One pill a day for a month? Two months? They are probably rubbish if you have swallowed or breathed in a serious radiation.

Tests done by the Finnish institute of Occupational health.

Attached: ttl-raportti.jpg (2713x1920, 923K)

Yeee

Attached: Mantisstyle.jpg (720x960, 51K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180802-224203_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.61M)

Attached: Screenshot_20180802-224156_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.29M)

this chart that misnames practically everything on the list
why do people still use it

Attached: DSC00047.jpg (3872x2592, 3.77M)

Amren borther, should have posted the improved version.

Attached: 1523744491395.png (2020x832, 1.59M)

Attached: 20181018112416-4f0a6046.jpg (1344x2016, 629K)

The best mask

I like the Avon Fockin' Mask 12 better, but that's just because of my Angloboo tendencies. They probably perform just the same under most circumstances.

New DukeNougat3d video, fuckeroonies!
youtube.com/watch?v=EoE_w_IWMJ4

Kinda looks like an S10 facepiece fitted with different lenses and a much smaller voice emitter.

who here /msa millennium/ gang?