Best caliber for gators?

Best caliber for gators?

Attached: _101946009_gettyimages-951518868.jpg (660x371, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhead_(firearm)
keepshooting.com/12-gauge-insert.html
beco-products.com/beco_catalog.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I base this on no firsthand knowledge whatsoever.

what else ... 45ACP son ...

OP here. I live in Canada and have never seen an alligator IRL before. I just think alligotors are interesting, and want to know what caliber it would take

And I live in Michigan so I'm obviously more qualified than you and I say .308

>he doesnt use specially formulated and repeatedly proven gator raping rounds from the finest in buttfuck backwater hunters.

Attached: 0B8282E0-4AC2-41CF-BC5E-D6F65E881824.jpg (340x295, 28K)

How would they pull the trigger without fingers? This problem needs to be solved before caliber is even considered.

.950 jdj

.22lr unironically

22.cal

You a Yooper too?

We have the technology

Attached: 03928DCA-9346-4AA4-AC45-E9BEB7AC6818.jpg (800x512, 256K)

as a South Carolinian, the answer is .357 magnum

Nope, I'm in the LP. Hence the gator expertise.

9mm for most of em, 10mm for the really big ones

How overkill would 12 gauge slugs be?

yeah, 9 is great for getting their attention to bait them closer for the 10mm

Only one way to find out.

it’s a dinosaur, if you disintigrated them it wouldnt be overkill.

You could probably figure out a way to mount an m60 on top of it. maybe rig some strings around it's front legs so it pulls the trigger as it runs forward

I think that would be the most terrifying weaponized animal Jow Forums has ever suggested

overkill. i think most hunters use handgun calibers

.577 Tyrannosaurus, obviously.

Attached: Sally 7.jpg (850x1339, 153K)

.22mag
>choot em!

Crocodiles are not closely related to dinosaurs.

And yet they are, fascinating isn’t it?

fund it

Frankly .22lr does just fine. Just gotta pop the brainpan and they go down easy.
That or a boomstick.

Obviously.

Attached: thatsnotapenissubstitutethisisapenissubstitute.jpg (960x720, 98K)

.22lr its all about shot placement

This. Their brain is the size of a walnut.

Choot ‘em!

.223 pic related
>t floridian

Attached: 20180922_152916.jpg (640x480, 98K)

Should we really be arming gators?

How do you overkill something? It's either dead or not.

Ya call that a knoife.

Attached: a6JKC0k.png (1024x576, 764K)

As someone in NC that had a group of 5 of them grow up in his backyard; I don't really know. They're slow, easy to spot, and leave big animals alone. A few of the little ones swim up to me out of curiosity. If you don't have a cat or rat dog then they aren't a concern. I don't really want to shoot the momma with a .40 hollowpoint if it snaps at me. 10mm seems appropriate unless you can pop it in the mouth. They hang their mouths open a lot.

>They hang their mouths open a lot.

What do they do if you jerk off into their wide open gaping mouthes?

Ya ever wrassle 'em?

Attached: 20170428_090452.jpg (640x480, 174K)

I remember watching some weird TV show with a friend while we were in a hotel about some people in the bayou hunting gator.
Literally all of them had .410 and 20ga single shots.

swallow and open again

that’s an animal you fucking creeps

If a dust mite falls on that tounge it snaps with full force. Better hope you can sling that shit with some distance and aim.

That’s a good way to get your dick bitten off, if you’re into that kind of stuff

I actually got a box of these and started wasting them on plinking before i realized their sacred use

i never understood the point of these things. what's the advantage?

What am I even looking at?

bang stick. it's single shot and you have to physically press the tip of it against the gator to discharge. they use them on sharks too

They're not though. They are just old as FUCK and relatively unchanged. I dont remember the specifics but there is autism about jaws and ear bones that all of mainstream science disagrees with you on.

The impossibility of the bullet missing as it requires you to 'stab' the animal to fire it.

You like that beast in its soulless eyes and tell me you’d fuck it. If you manage, then I guess you’re right. I don’t like old people like that though.

They do much more damage underwater than regular guns, if you shoot a submerged 10 footer with an ar nothing happens, if you stab if with 5.56 you get a point blank gunshot and a permanent cavity filled with the gas.

They are powerheads for bangsticks, stabby bullet powered non-guns

Welcome to animal fuc/k/ing

you guys ever think what it would be like to train and command an army of gators for the sole purpose of world domination?

How does that work legally?

For fishing ..22lr for killing slash self defense probably something that starts with 30.

>Best caliber for gators?

Attached: index.png (380x300, 250K)

If you're killing shit for no reason and the police find out, you're fucked.
If you can explain you did it in self-defense you're fine.
If you have a license to cull gators, you're fine.

They're a spin-off of the pre-dinosaur animals that both dinosaurs and the sub-section of dinosaurs who later evolved into birds so:

Pre-large-land-animals ––– reptiles
|
|
|
Pre-Dinosaurs ––– Crocodilia
|
| ––– furries
|
Dinosaurs ––– Birds

shut up nerd…

god nobody cares stfu and let people have fun

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

Attached: DigxHGpUEAATO0U.jpg (796x498, 61K)

Fuck you then you're ruining the UP with your shitty cities.

to confuse things, there's a bunch of dinosaurs who have the same body plan as crocodiles, which are often drawn as though they looked exactly the same, when really they probably would have been feathered and so look more like a feathered otter the size of a bus whose mouth and jaws could snap a building in half by accident.

bow and arrow, no BS, through the lungs, they will leave the water so they don't drown too

Don't they do contact shots on the brainpan with that?

And don't they pull out the 357/38 wheelgun if the gator isn't tired enough to let them do that?

For gator hunting I'm pretty sure they use 12 gauge Bangsticks, though the Bangsticks in general come in a variety of rounds

TLDR of the thread: A) They use bullets and
B) underage b& who don't know what a contact shot is.

I heard from someone that you have to use some special type of spear to kill gators. Floridafag here btw.

Ok its not a spear but it is a long stick

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhead_(firearm)

personal protection device
can't use them in state waters (in fl at least) except in self defense, you can use them for fishing in federal waters

you can buy them without an ffl, but they usually have them attached to a pole for shipping.

if you have one on your dive vest no one cares, if you have one loaded in your pocket in-land you'd probably get in some trouble if a cop found out.

around $150 i have a couple spares i'd consider trading for flare guns i don't have. beco style .223.

Get this
keepshooting.com/12-gauge-insert.html
they’re scared of 12 gauge “flares”

>8hrs and no suck-off jokes

Attached: 1510302909427.gif (291x200, 1.62M)

what are you implying?

Attached: florida-man-arrested-for-having-sex-with-an-alligator2.jpg (300x171, 74K)

Would that legally count as a short-barreled rifle?

sort of/not really
beco-products.com/beco_catalog.htm

Is m193 enough to go through gator skull?

At the beginning of summer there was a 4 footer hanging out in my neighbors backyard (we live on the lake) so she couldnt let her dogs out and DNR looks the other way in that situation and I shot for the head, it thrashed and went nuts and fucked off back into the water

I'm guessing the water washed off any blood evidence, and nobody has seen it for months, but I have a gut feeling that I pulled my shot

unless gator skin is a lot harder than I think it is

>it thrashed and went nuts and fucked off back into the water
awesome, now theres a reptile with retard strength on the loose

.22 will go through, but anything other than a direct brain shot in the head they might shake off.

Davy Crockett?

it's gonna be a hell of a sequel

thats what gets me

I'm convinced I missed the brain sinceI dont even know where it is in relation to their skull, it also disappeared within the hour and hasnt been seen since (this was mid july) after being a daily visitor for months

>it's gonna be a hell of a sequel

Attached: q predicted this.png (473x629, 171K)

Attached: 41e41b0591dc3b5bff93be1d0e04839a_6.jpg (420x420, 44K)

2 pounder

Attached: 1530044782916.jpg (380x349, 30K)

Na, slugthrowers work just fine for hunting, and are actually recommended when you need to avoid overshooting at all costs

Attached: 20181005_004929.jpg (3264x2448, 2.63M)

Wait are you serious I thought the gator print was just to look cool wtf

>Yuo see Ivan...

Crocodilians belong to Archosoria, the same group that pterosaurs, dinosaurs, and birds belong to.

Attached: akko_little.png (322x624, 252K)

Someone get the green texts with the dude with a pet cougar, and also the one where that one dude was getting deer bait.

Gators are friends, do not hurt the gators. They eat coons and snowbirds and scream in the rain. They are good boys.

Attached: 1515966318985.gif (270x340, 1.72M)

>Canada
> I just think alligotors are interesting, and want to know what caliber it would take
Do you think chinese exchange students are interesting too?

Louisianafag here. Literally anything. I’ve always used a .22 lr when baiting. If you do it right they don’t really fight you all that much and is pretty easy to pop them with a rifle from a good distance. Or pull it on land, jump on it, and shoot it with a pistol. Also pretty easy if you do it right
Go away, Floridafag. You’re just Louisiana lite.

>chinese exchange students
We already know what caliber those take.

One of the little ones is sunning in my yard today. They really don't care about anything. A few squirrels jumped around it and up the tree. I can see a 22lr working on anything under 6' like this one.

Attached: IMG_20181109_112102.jpg (1600x1200, 958K)

Fun fact the only marsupial in America are Possums

It's not rifled, so it's not a rifle. Just a "firearm".

Florida is leagues above Louisiana

.22 cause anything bigger than that will ruin the hide and that’s where the money’s at.

yeah that sounds like it'd be pretty funny haha but I've never thought about it before haha

SHALL