SHTF Supplies

So As of recent Ive turned my attention not away from(still stocking up just not in quantity) Ammo/Guns as Im not Happy with my holdings but content, and started turning to medical supplies. Ive currently got 100(500mg) cephalaxin capsule antibiotics, a minor surgery kit(scalpel, forceps,etc.) a dozen suture kits, 50ml of lidocaine, a basic IFAK(blood stop granules, chest seals, tourniquets, gloves, etc.) ~50 1cc syringes, and im sure im missing a few things. Do you guys have any recommendations of what else I should add or what is an absolute necessity?

Attached: right to protection.jpg (284x177, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdiphYjJkeeLL2O09eJoC8r7Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=FzUf6CTTh0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you are a dumb larper and until you get proper, ACTUAL training on how to use that shit (which is VERY difficult mind you) it will all be useless and might i say even more dangerous. do yourself a favor and take a few medical classes on the off chance you arent a fatso larper.

Attached: 1535581141507.png (500x375, 299K)

Fuck you douche bag, Im 31 6'1" 185lbs with my basic first aid/ cpr certification. Ive stitched myself up twice and resuscitated an unresponsive person and been a "first responder" to multiple accidents and 1 fire. SO go eat a dick you projecting pansy, just because your a fat p.o.s that spends his days playing video games and beating off doesn't mean everyone else is a complete disappointment to their parents. So could you just fuck right off and let people with actual helpful opinions fill the thread, but thanks for the bump FAGGOT!

Op here, Also have Iodine, Alcohol,Peroxide, and a small quantity of low grade pain killers(opiate)

I'd add boo boo shit if you don't already have it, otherwise that seems pretty fucking solid

Bandages(normal bandaids, wraps, gauze,etc) antibiotic ointment, and the other obvious shit is taken care of too... thanks though.... Are their any REAL survivalists or doctors/nurses on Jow Forums?

Where would someone go who is interested in learning how to use this equipment?

Questions for you, without a lab facility and/or pathologist, how do you know if your Cephalexin will be effective in treating a specific bacterial infection? Are you able to discern the difference between a bacterial vs viral infection? What's the difference between cocci and bacilllus? How do gram negative and gram positive stain? What happens if your patient is allergic to Keflex? What is your treatment plan if your patient develops antibiotic-induced diarrhea? Is it C Diff or not? Will it respond to Metronidazole or will you need Vancomycin? Do you know the basics of a physical exam? Do you prefer OLDCARTS or OPQRST? What does it mean if there is cervical lymphadema? What is the implication for axillary lymphadema? What's a Murphy's sign? What's prostatitis feel like with during a digital rectal exam?

Medical school, Basic first aids classes, knowing nurses/doctors willing to mentor, work related experience/training... Everything I listed is pretty simple and doesn't take alot of "training" if your not an Idiot like the first commentator to the thread!

Question for you... How many wounds are Viral infections? Heres another question why would you wanna know what my asshole feels like you faggot... Furthermore If there are no doctors/hospitals and you had an infected wound would you just curl up and die or take my help? And im not allergic and neither is my immediate family and thats my main reason for prepping... So eat a dick and go back to wikipedia to try and find another way to look smart!

Red Cross does classes in first aid, for, etc. Some workplaces bring instructors in for people willing to be first responders.

i sold everything including my guns so i could buy more gold.

How'd you come across the lidocaine?

Training. Stop just buying shit and learn to use every single bit of it with your eyes closed.

>getting THIS defensive
>over someone assuming you are a larper
>on a board notoriously full of fatso larpers
I'M projecting, huh? get off the board

Attached: 1537363600152.jpg (390x450, 57K)

>asking about med supplies
>clearly does not know necessities or how to use current supply of goods
user take an EMT course at a local college. That shit will impact how/when/if you use your med supplies

Like any currency, gold only has value if you and I agree that it does. Otherwise it's just another worthless shiny metal.

stress is bad yo

Attached: 1536299909589.jpg (400x533, 72K)

Yeah, copper wire, it's a preppers best friend.

why the fuck do you need gold in a SHTF situation? you'd literally be better off stockpiling smokes and jack daniels.

You know, all those electrical connectors they need to coat.

Let the fudds and the noguns buy "precious metals" for the apocalypse. You cant build a house out of gold, or use it to filter water

Toilet paper.

Iodized salt.

Soap.

Rubbing alcohol.

Clean sockies and undies.

Extra toothbrushes and mouthwash.

You know. All the basic mundane shit that may fucking kill you in unpleasant ways if you go without them for a few weeks.

>Do you guys have any recommendations of what else I should add or what is an absolute necessity?

survival is about knowledge and willpower, not gear. some things are definitely nice to have, but everything from fish hooks to firestarting to water filtration can be improvised in the field by someone with knowledge. gear gets broken, gear gets lost, gear becomes a weakness that imprisons you. knowledge is forever and sets you free.

Tell us how to make your own toilet paper then.

Well then you're a retard.

use appropriate foliage if it's available. if not,l wipe chunks with your left hand and then wash buttho and hand thoroughly with water. to be extra coolguy, make lye from wood ash, render excess animal fat and literally make soap

>Rubbing alcohol.
also, why the fuck would you stockpile RUBBING ALCOHOL? the whole reason they sell that stuff is because it's *less useful* than regular old everclear. learn how to build a still and maintain or improvise using scrounged parts. knowledge trumps gear, and weighs nothing.

Shut up retard gold has always been valuable through scarcity and now it has industrial use because it’s such a good conductor.

Training, gauze, pain relievers (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Acetaminophen), Isreali bandages, sleep aid, allergy relief, anti-diarrheal, more anti-diarrheal, Hydrogen Peroxide, Isopropyl Alcohol, skin glue, sterile trauma pads, burn cream, triple antibiotic cream, and probably some other stuff.

>asking unrelated questions to seem smart because you're really a dumbass
I guess he should just wait to die because he didn't take whatever special classes you did at your local community college huh?

>no food
>no water
>no medical supplies
>no comms
>no firearms
>only having precious metals

You need to diversify your assets, user.

Please stop.
In fact, I'm not just going to mock you, I'm going to help you.
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdiphYjJkeeLL2O09eJoC8r7Dc
While they are all relevant to you and you should watch all of them, episode 5 will dispel some incorrect ideas you seem to have and can let you know exactly why gold and silver are money, not currency.

Attached: bolivar to usd.jpg (729x960, 63K)

There have been MANY times throughout history where a fully built house on developed land cost as low as 200 ounces of silver.
Gold and silver are money.
Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
It always has been.
It always will be.

The only thing it's less useful for is getting drunk like a faggot.

Training, education and experience is obviously number 1
At the very least do wilderness first aid and EMT courses. I'd also suggest looking into any organisations that let you volunteer as a first-aider or EMT, I know around me there's a volunteer group that provides first-aid staff to various events. Extremely useful to get some actual experience in resus and emergency situations.

Next is to get yourself vaccinated. Not just make sure you've had all the regular vaccines but look into the 3rd world travel vaccines. Things like typhoid and Hepatitis A will immediately spread into the west with any serious SHTF scenario.

Other than that
this guy as some good suggestions.
I'd also suggest
>Anti-nausea tablets to go with the anti-diarrheals - Both you want to avoid taking unless you're really unable to keep fluids down or need to keep moving, otherwise there's a reason your body is trying to empty your guts.
>Oral rehydration solution
>Stronger pain relievers if you can find a doc willing to write an emergency script for basic opiates
>A SAM splint - yes, obviously you can improvise a splint but one of these will be FAR better and potentially allow you to function with a broken bone long enough to get out of the crisis area, find a working hospital or just set it yourself.
>Topical permethrin for scabies or lice
>Topical antifungals
>Basic first aid kit stuff - band aids for cuts and blisters, butterfly sutures, triangular bandages, non-adherent dressings, crepe bandages, compression bandages, chemical icepacks

Good old interwebs friend!

Eh. Money has value as long as the government issuing it still stands behind it. In SHTF there's something called superinfluation and then a wheelbarrow of money might be less worth than a bread.

Is gold worth anything? Yes. But it is only worth something if someone are willing, or able, to pay for it. To a refugee it's great stuff because they can steal it one place, cross a border or two while hiding it up their ass, and then sell it in a stable society to a reputable gold purchaser for a good price. If they need to fence it off in their home town it will be worth only as much as Achmed The Fence is willing to pay in a dark back alley.

Wrong. Isopropyl alcohol can't be used as a mouth rinse, and even the amount you rub on your skin at any given time has to be limited because it's toxic. Ethyl alcohol has none of those problems. And, in a SHTF situation, some motherfuckers are going to be willing to trade a LOT for a drink.

>Money has value as long as the government issuing it
You're confusing money with currency.

Gold and Silver are immune to hyperinflation. And people will always be "willing, or able, to pay for it" because that just determines how much value it has. But it will always have value.
I recommend you watch the series mentioned in

Got links?

For any of you doubting the value of gold and silver during SHTF.
youtube.com/watch?v=FzUf6CTTh0M

>die because an autist is trying to wrap a tourniquet to a chest wound

thank you very informative series(not op)

M8. That first aid/CPR thing is the most basic of basic things ever. It is literally a one day class. The equipment you listed is far, FAR, beyond the scope of that training. I mean, how minor is a "minor surgery" here?

Nice false dichotomy. There is the third option of learning what all that shit that guy posted is.

>die because no one did anything because some fucktard on the internet told them to not do anything and to just let people die because they didn't waste 8 years of their life and hundreds of thousands of their parents money

If you actually wanted people to be educated, you'd educate them.

Attached: 51UHK6vAU7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 40K)

Yes I am a nurse . op is a massive faggot. He has no fucking clue what he is doing .
good news is,He is going to die the moment he Gets himself into a "shtf" larping situation.

>You cant build a house out of gold

Attached: Gold House.jpg (2000x1000, 1.41M)