Deer Season General

How're things going so far, lads?

Attached: 15417664189527552926611339646531.jpg (3264x2448, 2.03M)

Haven’t even gone yet but I just got a new durr rifle all set up so that’s cool. What about you?

Only went bow hunting so far.
This weekend not looking good for me to go because I have to lay 280sqft of tile
Rifle started in northern part of my state
It doesn't start here until next week.

Hunting in VA is kind of a pain in the ass. I'm going home on leave this week though so I'll try then.

Do I use my FAL or my Lee Enfield boys?

Do I use my FAL or my Lee Enfield?

Goddammit mobileposting

>Not deer hunting with a 30-06 or 30-30

Second weekend, haven't seen anything. Slug hunting with my Benelli.

Goin pretty shitty goin up north to hunt some big woods bucks with my fresh stag 10!

Yeah lemme hop into this tree with a full desktop

Why hunting with a shotgun? Not knocking, it’s just not all that popular where I live. Rifleseason opened up late October but it’s been too hot to do anything

Some places are too flat for rifles or something.

My brother shot a spike with his .44mag revolver last Saturday. Go back Sunday and that evening some fucking retard is shooting a full auto M16 all afternoon. Same thing Monday. Also he was running his fucking four wheeler all day, close enough I could smell exhaust. I'm on private land in the middle of nowhere and apparently he's right next door to my property. I saw some strangers footprints on my land Wednesday, if I see him on my property he's trespassing with an NFA item (assuming he even has a stamp) and I will shoot the dumb fuck. How retarded do you have to be to magdump several hundred rounds full auto in a known hunting area during deer season. Haven't seen a single deer since, no tracks no corn eaten. I'm in East Texas btw.

Attached: IMG_20181106_173750018.jpg (3120x4160, 1.49M)

>How retarded do you have to be to magdump several hundred rounds full auto in a known hunting area during deer season.
Maybe the were trying to flush deer with noise. Also E.TX is gay.

Attached: texas.jpg (1080x966, 304K)

It's illegal to use a full auto for hunting in Texas. Regardless he's shooting it within 200 yards of my stand. He needs to quit being a faggot

Attached: Screenshot_20181109-074155.png (720x1440, 161K)

>1 week long buck season in my state
ONE WEEK

idk where op lives but in ohio practically all rifle cartridges are illegal to hunt with

>47°
That sounds pretty good right about now

Attached: 20181109_074532.jpg (1079x1404, 537K)

Nah, MN. I have a 30-30, but it's pretty old and I'd rather not accidentally shoot myself

Just taken a few seconds ago. Wanna swap?

Attached: C24EC3D4-8360-4987-9AEB-F041EA7DFAA2.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

Maybe lol. Bright side, we have snow rn. Better conditions imo

Can someone explain to me the rimfire rule?

Attached: 2B726752-F016-4431-B7AC-5BD5FF166BA2.jpg (4032x3024, 732K)

Yeah. We have high humidity and flooding right now. It’s been raining every day for the past week and a half. Just one of the perks of being a swampfag

I hear deer limits are typically more lax down there. Esp. AL...

Absolutely. Assuming you actually follow the limits. Game wardens are practically non existent, but they’re there. And I’ve never met one who wasn’t an asshole. One tried to tag me for not having a plug in my shotgun when he was just bending the thing so much that half a shell could get in.

In Iowa the only rifle cartridges you can use are straight walled, but before 2017 you couldn't use any rifle cartridges. So lots of people just stick with their shotguns.

Kinda stupid to not allow modern bottlenecked cartridges, but whatever

>the only rifle cartridges you can use are straight walled.
What’s the reasoning behind it?

i dont go hunting because cba

why do i see so many of you guys wearing camo and high vis at the same time? doesnt it just contradict?

Whats goin on in this thr-

Attached: 2383111_orig.jpg (600x800, 150K)

In most places you are required by law to wear one piece of blaze orange clothing while hunting to prevent hunting accidents.

Fudd shit.

NGH

Attached: doe.jpg (2048x1536, 192K)

Legal/safety requirements. I don't really bother with camo if I'm in a tree though.