Try to post a better knife

I really don't think you can. I carry mine everywhere.

Attached: ka-bar.png (621x189, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iisakkijarvenpaa.fi/us/puukot/kauhava-knife.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I carry mine everywhere

Attached: 51Yt3BkpNWL._SL1264_.jpg (1264x346, 52K)

There are lots of better knives, but they're gorgeous, they feel great, and work pretty damn well as long as you take normal care of them and not act like a retard.

The ka-bar is the 1911 of the knife world. Sure there are smarter choices, but this is good enough for most things, and I just enjoy it more.

Weak bait.

k

Attached: 19849187.jpg (550x550, 25K)

>meme-bar

I really like this one.

Attached: tops-lions-toothpick-tptooth01.jpg (400x450, 27K)

>t. handlet

/thread

Attached: 667190i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 83K)

Youve never actually used one right?

Is this the official boomer knife?

Attached: 1535028314738.png (745x726, 389K)

Apparently not, look at all the replies.

Hey, stupids: the best knife is task-suited. You gon chop veggies with that double-sided sykes fairbairn?

>tanglets will defend this

Attached: download (1).jpg (296x170, 13K)

>he doesn't like full tang
???

>not posting the improved American version

Attached: 120546.jpg (2500x1263, 219K)

Ok SAMCRO

Attached: BF75A981-BD2D-433B-B73C-EA5B536AC193.gif (244x262, 1.85M)

>kabars have full tangs

Attached: 1523928111555.jpg (600x532, 40K)

Attached: 41243434.jpg (425x324, 9K)

Attached: tm18-hunt-chopper-knife-review[1].jpg (1500x1000, 899K)

I have

Then you wouldnt consider those ak bayonets good. Those are universally considered shit even among slavaboos.

Attached: pmuL9Yw.jpg (665x731, 67K)

Doesn't matter. You can literally pound a mora into a stump and use it as a step and it won't break.

waaaaa
If you don't baton, it does not matter. Small handy knife+hatchet any day of the week. That said, I love my sturdy full tangs. They just are not as handy

Attached: mora stronk.jpg (1920x1080, 733K)

>batonny larper who obsesses over full tang

Attached: zombieslasher.jpg (728x450, 23K)

I'm literally anti-batoning though, thats what an axe is for. A heavy duty fighting/work/survival knife should still be full tang though

Attached: IMG_0497.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

I got a nice bakelite bulgarian one for a good deal, and i was surprised by how fantastically shit it was. Soft steel, shallow serrations, and the leather hand strap comes off every 30 seconds. The only things its good for are stabbing people (only when its on a rifle) or cutting wire, and even then wire cutters still work better and weigh about a tenth of what the bayonet+sheath would.

Attached: 20-000-30-000-civilians-were-eaten-decisive-tang-strategic-victory-https-en-wikipedia-org-wiki-batt- (500x451, 107K)

also very floppy when its on a belt, and clanks a lot

km2000

Attached: 16169991.jpg (1280x960, 189K)

Attached: pentagon_sog_new_main_(Photo_Arthur_Margain).jpg (1600x1200, 270K)

>all of these knives that cannot mount to rifle

Attached: puukko.jpg (899x224, 747K)

>m9_bayonet.jpg

Why couldn't you chop vegetables with a double edged knife?

Attached: ndeg08_carbone_web.jpg (1520x900, 141K)

You tell me

Attached: Untitled.png (686x576, 6K)

based

I use my Opinel for most household tasks. Trimming strings or cords to length, cutting an apple, eating a steak, etc. It's great, but it doesn't leave my desk drawer.

I carry a KABAR Short in kydex for defense. Fixed blades are a must, fuck folders.

My full size Army KABAR and leather sheath is for when I wanna larp as a ww2 cowboy, road tripping, or going innawoods. It's too big to carry daily, in public, without wearing a long jacket to conceal it. Also it's kind of too long to wear while driving innatruck.

I really want a nice Opinel

This

Non-American here

Does the 2A and associated laws cover knives? Can you open carry a knife like you would a gun?

move over tanglets

forgot pic

Attached: bk7.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

I would think it does, but I don't remember any big cases covering that. They are basically unregulated at a national level afaik, so it only depends what state you're in.
For instance in Oregon:
It is legal to conceal carry a pocketknife
It is legal to conceal carry a switchblade
It is legal to open carry any type of knife
We are pretty based on knives and in many places you could even open carry a sword if you wanted to be a retard.

Attached: 1540917586070.png (980x742, 634K)

It varies by state and local laws. For example in my state of Texas it was illegal to carry my Army KABAR because of its length. The law regarding knife carry (which also rules on clubs and other melee weapons) was relaxed in the past year or so. Now I can carry the full 7" knife if I want to, but I don't want to. 5.25"/133mm is enough.

2A does protect knives, but nobody really thinks of it that way because knives are so ubiquitous. Usually people think of 2A as a safeguard against government tyranny, which means parity with government soldiers equipment. Which means rifles.

Attached: bestpig.jpg (2000x1125, 623K)

Just realized I didn't actually answer your question. Yes, you can generally open carry a knife if you want to. But it varies by place what you are allowed to carry, usually by length or type of knife (laws are generally biased against butterfly knives, because they're associated with gang culture). And yeah, I've never even heard of such a thing a knife carry permit.

Attached: bestpocketknife.jpg (2000x1125, 292K)

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxFQ8_6HILkMmbzHnyAD5iHzi_H2poG5RLsM9yLFLL0HZYqopl.jpg (268x188, 7K)

Goddamn I wish I lived in a free country.

I EDC a Spyderco folder but have to keep the damn thing completely out of sight or it could be deemed as threatening.

>And yeah, I've never even heard of such a thing a knife carry permit.
In some states, a CCW permit allows you to carry certain types of knives that are otherwise illegal.

Case Bowie, nuff said

Attached: IMG_9336.jpg (269x450, 31K)

most americans dont even know how good they have it, how many legally protected freedoms and rights we have

Attached: 1525125009458.jpg (591x479, 277K)

where are you from, fren? i hope you're free someday.

Attached: bestjohn_mosesbrowning.jpg (2500x1406, 964K)

How has nobody posted the Kabar Katana yet

UK

We’ve never been free

finally, a man of some sense

Attached: puukko1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

besides making cheese, and surrendering, the french sure know how to make a fine cutting blade.

In fact, my latest blade has "made in france" stamped on it. Cuts much better than your Opinel though. Then again - I am cheating a bit :)

Best gun and best gospel. I like you.

Bitch.

Attached: 31C8XqMV1nL._SY355_.jpg (315x355, 7K)

>one inch shorter than Ka Bar, more comfortable for carry
>no handguard, more utilitarian
>similar steel
>better sheath
>wooden handle - more durable, better surface

Attached: 1541540684143838.jpg (1328x996, 100K)

Alexandr Maryanko wrote in an article that DDR soldiers who got a chance to use AK bayonets as knives, called them "Masochist's pleasure"
Whatever. Each tool has its purpose and Mora is for cutting.
Sweet and basic.

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!
>also were can i get one? I live in cal.

Attached: file.png (797x545, 127K)

This fuckin guy with his anti aircraft EDC

you can't cc a 'dirk or dagger' though, with no actual definition of what that might be (though i assume they are fixed-blade fighting knives like a fairburn-sykes or something)
t. oregon

That is correct, I didn't say you could?

Don't bother. They're actual garbage.
Get a regular modern switchblade instead.

>They're actual garbage.
Really?
>et a regular modern switchblade instead
It's like eating a plate of shit volountarily. They neither look good, nor they are practical.

>regular modern switchblade
like what, a recreated one?

I think he meant an otf.

So this is kind of a QTDDOT question but I have a kydex sheath for my Kabar that I just purchased and I want to attach it to my load bearing suspenders on an ALICE rig 'Nam LARP style but I don't see a logical way to accomplish that even with paracord. Anyone have any insight?

Attached: 1234563252.png (213x236, 77K)

In that case, opinion is discarded twice.

As I said once, the only OTF worth buying is an Eye of the Needle movie stiletto

Both are shit and only good as fighting knives.

General purpose knives should always be single edge.

This. Either single edge, or with a swedge

Took long enough for someone to post the truth.

Things are going to fall apart and it will be on the shoulders of men like yourself to rebuild a society worth living in. Stay strong my friend, I still believe Western Civilization is not eternally doomed, it just needs a good old fashioned purge.

Attached: comb.jpg (2100x2100, 189K)

That's a really gorgeous knife. How much does a quality puuko(?) run?

Filth, pure filth. If it wasn’t part of uniform, it wouldn’t exist and nobody would be sad; besides collectors. Not even people issued and forced to wear them would use them. They specifically wore their own knives to use along with that trash.

based and puukko

It depends on maker, country and materials.
The cheapest skandi knives of traditional avalible on the market are Mora Classic series, including Classic Original, that comes with laminated steel.
Finnish big knifemakers are J. Marttiini (affordable and ultra-common, but most of their knives come with stainless steel, custom knifemakers think of them as soulless and inferior tools in comparison with antique models), I. Jarvenpaa (less common, some people view them as looking too souvenirish), Ahti (common and well-known). People used to like Roselli as well, but their shape is different from classic puukkos and there are rumors that their quality is decreasing since 2005 or 2007
Russians love puukkos and knives of similar kind, because of military and criminal romantic that was with it through all the XXth century. The most notable mass-producers are A&R (they make Finka-Lappi model based on classic puukkos and a couple of models based on swedish Pontus Holmberg knife) and Kizlyar. They're of average price and quite popular among poorfags, but I'd rather have a Mora.
There are some masters that make custom puukkos, such as the guy who made knives for 2012 Harma movie, I forgot his name.

>skandi knives of traditional shape

you can wear a regular belt with an alice rig you fucktard. otherwise just do what the nam boys used to do and duct tape your sheath to one of the shoulder pads if you really wanna be that larpy

I have a kydex sheath for mine

Attached: ka2211.jpg (960x450, 36K)

great knife but the sheath is ass

So bowie?

you should all be ashamed.

Attached: download.jpg (711x650, 27K)

Great stealth merchant

>ESEE
Slightly better but still weak bait.

>Meme blade

Attached: 1541720475634.jpg (1072x787, 301K)

That's one of the more basic models from iisakki jarvenpaa iisakkijarvenpaa.fi/us/puukot/kauhava-knife.html

They are quite pricy, but they have some really gorgeous models. Functionally, a mora classic will perform just as well, but i fully subscribe to the saying that men never grow up - they just have more expensive toys.

Or use a push dagger for that platoon feel

Best knife for what? Some are better at stabbing and some are better at cutting.

I think the best all around knife is a bowie knife.

Attached: 20181001_103516.jpg (3264x2448, 2.9M)

>They are quite pricy,

But looking at them it feels like they are one of the few knives who are worth spending 170$ on.

Bland looking folding knives on the other hand should never sell for more than 70$

Good for fighting but there are better fighting knives, good for utility but there are better utility knives.

hi

Do you think it's worth it's cost? I can find them online for around 80 USD.

Attached: GKTAC.jpg (1280x243, 592K)

Attached: jsjsjs.jpg (1200x800, 201K)

>out of sight
Why would you want others to see it anyway?In my country you can carry anything from brass knuckles to swords as long as it's well hidden on your person.