Recommendations

I'm looking for a suggestion for a double barrel pump action shot gun. Just bought my first pistol. Fucking stoked, but need an idea on double barrel shotguns. Kind of new to guns.

Also, even while researching, is it stupid to try to find something like this? Maybe I just want a regular double barrel shotgun. I just like the feel of a pump action. I don't know... help me /k!

Attached: download.jpg (819x511, 22K)

yeah that's retarded
you're a fucking peasant who wants a side by side so that's not unexpected, however

There's no such thing as a double-barreled pump action outside of video game and comic books.

Pump or double. Pick one.

The Standard Manufacturing is actually a really decent gun if you can handle how much of a fucking massive heavy chunk it is.
Good for getting 2 shots with each pump so you can get follow ups with the same sight picture.
Otherwise you're shit out of luck, I don't know of any other double barrel pumps, but there is the kel tec ksg which is a double tube single barrel pump and is much lighter.

Attached: dp12.jpg (1600x1200, 192K)

I figured something like that was gonna be the case. Hence why I tried to be careful about sounding stupid, which happened anyways. Is pump action or double barreled more powerful or anything? Any benefit to either one?

Ahem

Attached: Standard-Mfg-DP12-2-4x4.png (316x317, 23K)

Attached: download (1).jpg (474x248, 12K)

Double gives you a faster follow up shot, pump gives more rounds. Get what fits your situation. Double is mostly usefull for clay if you also have access to a pump.
Doubles does have a sex factor no pump can beat, buts that's expensive.

Guns are metal tubes that shoot stuff out of one end

If you have two shotguns that shoot the same ammo then they have the same "power" a different bullet tube doesnt magically make it more more powerful.

Inb4 but muh barrel length

Just because it's a retarded gimmick doesn't mean it doesn't exist IRL.

Attached: dp12.gif (442x331, 1.98M)

>Is pump action or double barreled more powerful or anything?
Nope

>>Any benefit to either one?
A pump holds more shells before having to reload.
A double is generally more reliable since it has two totally independent locks. They also tend to handle better for hunting applications.

Yeah, there's that Turkish piece of garbage.

some guns of the same cailbre give environmental effects though like acid or fire or even slag damage.

wow you really are a no-gunz, there is no such thing as "more powerful" as long as they shoot the same cartridge
>pump
requires you to work that action every shot, which is a pain
>double
like a semi-auto without all that pesky reliability nonsense, it just werks but you only get two shots and then you're standing there with your dick out
mostly used by sporting clays and dangerous game hunters, where the advantages of a no-questions-asked follow up shot completely outweigh not having 5 more rounds in the tube

You must be at least 18 years old to post here

You picked me right out. Just trying to get into the world of it. I live in commie-fornia and I need the protection. But it sounds like the pump is the better way to go?

Man, this thread is simultaneously dumb as fuck and not very dumb at all since OP actually admits he has no idea. Good on you, OP.

Just get a pump for now. They're better for most uses aside from clay shooting, and they're still totally fine for that. They're also much cheaper than a double. Look into a Mossberg 500 if you like wood furniture or a Maverick 88 if you want something cheap but still reputable. A cheap but passable double barrel will cost a lot more than either of those.

Nice.

pumps are going to be much cheaper, yes, which is obviously going to be an obstacle to you since you are still in California

Pump for defense and range blasting.
Double for hunting.

If you have money you might consider a semi-auto. The nicer ones (i.e. Benelli) are like a pump you don't have to pump.

>wow you really are a no-gunz, there is no such thing as "more powerful" as long as they shoot the same cartridge
It depends on the cartridge. With shotguns, not so much, though chokes are still important and worth mentioning. For a lot of pistol and rifle calibers the barrel length of the gun is very important.

>Is pump action or double barreled more powerful
These are the same people telling me what I can and cannot own. I'm gonna need a drink.

Attached: IMG_7098.jpg (660x716, 53K)

A troll thread so stupid that the thing he thought he made up as a joke is real, bravo.

>slag damage
What, a British hooker will give me syphilis?

Woah what if you had a side by side pump shotgun where a single pump loaded a shell from each tube into each chamber? It would be heavy of course but it would make for a more effective HD shotgun. You get 2 shots before you have to pump again and it would overall hold a shit ton of shells like one of those Lel-Tec KSGs.

>double barrel Ithaca 37
my dick

>Woah what if you had a side by side pump shotgun where a single pump loaded a shell from each tube into each chamber?