/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Eddie edition

previous thread LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1538875130266.jpg (1466x1036, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can a literal autist make it in the military? i have no where else to go

Who's going to Benning on Tuesday?

Yes.

t. Autist

What happened to the /meg/ discord? Ive been at marine boot

yes, but only the enlisted corps

fatty with a bad shoulder who hates running

will i make it through navy boot camp?

Yes just don’t tell them about the tism

As a Venezuelan who wants to get out of here, what do I need to get into the US army?
>inb4 a shitload of trolling and baits

lmfao

Don't worry, our army is coming to you spic rick

Make sure to nuke the fuck out of Caracas, please.

You can't just enlist as some foreigner. I don't know the ins and outs but I think you need permanent residency aka a greencard

Thanks for reminding me about my times in Mercenaries 2

Attached: mercenaries-2-world-in-flames1.jpg (500x377, 54K)

redpill me on joining the canadian military as a foreigner

Yeah, I checked rn. Assuming I can get a green card, I think I would enlist.

Is artillery as bad as infantry in the marines?

oof

user, 200 years ago artillery was the cutting edge. today, its where they send the dummies.

if you go artillery, you may have a slightly easier life in the marines, but you will definitely have worse hearing. if you go infantry, you can at least pretend you were a badass later, and you'll learn to shoot, and be surrounded by slightly less retarded people, which is saying a lot, for the marines.

No but from the arty Marines I've talked to which is admittedly few it's still bad.
How about this. Say what you want out of the Marines and you can be helped from there?
I imagine you wanna be cool and combat oriented without the downsides. It's not even actually cool once you do it

An older guy I know claims to have been a navy seal, is there a database I could search his name? I don’t really have a reason to doubt him other than a couple of wild stories and that le stolen valor is so common

I'm getting kicked out of my mom's house with no career under my belt so I'm enlisting in either the air force or the army, which is what I originally wanted. Planning on finishing college once I get out.

What should I know going in?

Attached: 1531788316513.png (894x763, 406K)

>infantry
>less retarded
I see you have no clue what you're talking about.

It's a safe bet he wasn't. He should have pics he could share of him and his deal buddies as well as his decorations and dd214 which covers his awards

That you shouldn't be such a neet mentally and constantly work towards whatever goals you have.
Aka basic life advice and sort yourself out.

I want to assimilate into the culture while I'm there and hopefully lift or learn how to cook in my free time. Is this possible?

Of course it is. Did you just ask if lifting is possible in the military?
I hope this is bait

Are you serious? Lifting and cooking? Those are like the two things you'll definitely be able to do no matter what.

If you want to assimilate, just keep a positive attitude and remain aware of the good things in your life, and fixate on them over the bad things. You'll integrate naturally over time.

I kept hearing that most people work 12 hour days and have almost no free time.

OK I don't want to be a dick to you but have some common sense and ask intelligent questions so you can make the best choice you can for you.
And yes even working 12 hour days you can work in time to do what you want, you just have to be smart about it. Most folks don't work 12 hour days

Just join the Air Force like all the others

Attached: lol.webm (720x304, 2.33M)

just me and my white bitch

Attached: L-1-e1527073933422.jpg (800x800, 85K)

I'm shut in who only leaves his house for work. Can I make it as an officer? I'm not scared of talking to people or anything I just tire of others quickly

Also, how long are recommendation letters supposed to be? Is a paragraph enough?

You won't make it past the interview

I am thinking about enlisting in the Marines as a Sniper. Is infantry life really as bad as people say it is? What does the week of a typical infantryman look like?
>inb4 Die for Israel goy

Attached: Jew600.jpg (600x600, 30K)

>dark roots
she's a ho... fo sho...

How was Marine Boot camp?

Are you the same guy who asked this in the last thread?
Infantry life is worse than you even think the shitty stories portray. Why people find this hard to believe is beyond me.

I had to go through 3 1 hour long interviews to get a job at Amazon. What's so hard about this one?

I don't find it hard to believe I just want the specific details so that I can get a good understanding of what I'm up against.

How about you go fuck yourself because if you understand you wouldn't do it and if you don't you'll learn and then tell people not to do it later

You have the wrong idea about me.
I'm attempting to ask people who have experience in the infantry field so that I can face the challenge in a realistic and planned manner and not complete boot camp and then be like, "Oh nooo X and Y have happened! How could I have ever expected something like this to occur when I joined the infantry!?!"
It's called thinking ahead when you make important decisions such as joining the Marines.

>can't get a hold of air force recruiter and she's literally never in in her office when I visit
>send her and email, no response
>go to air force website to direct me to my nearest recruiter, they want to schedule me for a fucking CALL
>meanwhile, army recruiter accepted me as a walk-in, gave me a practice ASVAB and told me everything I needed to know while calling back
Is chair force even worth it?

Attached: 1450245661230.png (500x535, 86K)

There's no sniper mos. you would have to be in recon or marsoc to get in scout sniper school. And anything in the marine corps suck that's why 60% leave after one contract

I plan to leave after one contract.

And also, what do you mean there's no sniper mos?!?

No you actually don't understand but think you do. Best you can do is be in top shape and then get ready to put up with bullshit for 4 years. Nothing else you can do will make it any less bullshit.
You think you're being smart but really you're just being annoying.

Bwahaha good research you did buddy. Just know you're going to sign an infantry contract and go from there. Sniper isn't entry level either so it's possible you will never do it. One of my DIs was a scout sniper who was top shot in his company as a rifleman and then he tried to go scout sniper and made it. Its not like you just say hey I wanna be a sniper and they teach you. It's competitive

For Christ's sake, I'm asking what kind of bullshit I'll have to deal with. If you don't want to give me a straight and honest answer then just fuck off.

No. It's full of bitches. Join the army instead, pick a good job. Read about them all and show up with a short list.

I really hope you go infantry. It's gonna be great

Its more like a billet than your primary job. For example maybe your job is a machine gunner but your company has a billet open for a sniper. You would do two jobs essentially.

Seems more like you should be asking how to become a sniper

>tfw Navy doesn't do interviews

I don't have to be an E4 to sham

I smoked a marijuana once.
Can I still join?

Yes

Do they not teach true rifle marksmanship in the marine corps anymore? This is disgusting

And yes, she is really a marine

Attached: 180F2DE6-5542-4936-A7A7-2F1366AE1333.jpg (964x749, 217K)

>that
>marine

So, if i join the marines will i still have to teach the ANA how to be real people or have we just given up on those fucking idiots? I rather be stuck in a base as a POG than have to try and oh so gently tell them to get their shit together.

Attached: 1540812774201.png (599x596, 585K)

what kinda jobs are they handing out at army ocs right now

Kinda same thing. My fucking recruiter is having me go through loops just to talk to his bitch ass meanwhile i literally can walk up to the marines and get told everything i need to do and i didn't get told to meet him at ridiculous times. The base life and chair better be fucking comfortable if i have to keep doing this. I got a 96 on the damn practice ASVAB but i feel like i'm being treated like a complete tool by him.

Attached: 1523416442826.gif (345x260, 2.83M)

Attached: militarystudents.jpg (1022x594, 258K)

Nothing is wrong with magwell grip and marine corps shooting fundamentals are based off of high power

Is this west point? I remember wanting to go to school there but i was too poor for that

Attached: 1541272199838.jpg (450x443, 33K)

Magwell grip with all of that shit on the front? That thing is probably very front heavy. I doubt she would shoot accurate as she is

no it's Yale. asian guy was a ranger two others were in navy and marines

Is there a military service I can enter as an old person? I'm 43

>43

you don’t want to go in at 43. Go work for an Intelligence agency. It’ll be better for you to serve that way

Attached: 60FDEA44-9F38-4B6B-8202-1C8FEDAEA9D6.gif (702x702, 270K)

Why would you want to?

If is wanted to be more accurate she would be prone. Quit being gay and enjoy the ass

She’s not even hot. She has that “I’m an empowered woman” vibe. I bet she is a big slut but at the same time a total stuck up bitch

I need direction in my Life

based incel

>dying for israel

Nah shes pretty hot. Would need a direct view of her posterior to say if she has the full package though.

Join the cg

Attached: 13651699_265110573862992_984209295_n.jpg (500x500, 27K)

How long is the Navy taking to approve/deny candidates for the rolling aviation boards?

if it's been longer than a month yea

how many butter bars make it past 4 years?

You'd be mopping floors, getting hazed because you don't have *your* shit together. probably wouldn't even see a deployment to Afghanistan. Only high speed dudes and units train and advise foreign troops.

when

Attached: QVQKENZIKZANZK3JZNND6AJ6CM.jpg (1200x800, 146K)

hopefully 2019

Army or marines? I want to see more action so I was thinking marines, but army looks less bullshit

There's fuck all happening right now user, so you won't see shit unless you are spec ops

Unless you're a drone pilot or in SOF, you won't be doing anything.

>tfw air force denied waiver for ezcema
Is there any hope?

Attached: 1536878200679.gif (570x565, 165K)

Almost all of them I'm pretty sure.

why tell them to begin with?

because i was sure it wouldve broken out during basic

well try to get the waiver again but also get a note from a dermatologist that says you're fit to serve. what career are going after?

You can't.

I'll try again, I had a note from dermatologist saying that it was a non-issue and under control.
It was a 3 cm spot on face, so I guess that's disqualifying enough these days.
i was trying to become fire protection in air force or intelligence.

So it seems like from what I've read here going combat MOS is a bad move right now. So my question is what job is worth it during peace time? 31B sounds pretty cool from what I've read, also 91F.

just try again or try a different recruiter or even an Air Guard unit

>31B
if you do make sure you complete SRT training

Someone has a hateboner for the discord and gets salty every time it's posted. Probably the same person who changed the copypasta's line about nuke to the straight lie that it is now.
discord.gg/hmnCCTb

This is already my second recruiter for the Air Force, so I'll try just that.
Army is probably my last resort.

Attached: 1529427222741.jpg (300x300, 64K)

whats the quickest way into the military? im 6 foot physically fit and have a background in general maintenance.

Applying to be an officer in the Royal Canadian Navy in February.

How fucked up is the CAF?

Attached: FallLikeAGoodLeaf.png (1200x1540, 525K)

>whats the quickest way into the military?
Army

what's the best way to go spec ops or SOF?