Why does the army have fitness requirements? Are fat people less effective at shooting guns than skinny people?

Why does the army have fitness requirements? Are fat people less effective at shooting guns than skinny people?

Attached: gun nut logic5.jpg (600x473, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_100,000
youtube.com/watch?v=zy5rkw4SeP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just in case this isn't bait, 99% of military actions is something else than shooting guns.

you can call me a retard or underage but I unironically always dreamed of being at the front lines. Shame that no army in the world would let a guy with glasses and diabieties. I'm not fat anymore by the way.

Horseyposting should be a bannable offense

are you literally retarded? being able to run, climb, carry heavy weight, etc is essential. If you're physically unfit you are fucking useless in a gun fight or any fight. Being able to shoot half decent groups sitting down on a range doesn't mean shit. fitness may not matter for static shooting, but it sure as hell matters for combat. Physically unfit people are combat ineffective, point blank.

> glasses
they will take it
> diabetes
hell no

You are completely retarded.

>I don't get why they won't let me join when I'm completely dependent on medication to not die.

Everyone's dependent on something. Air, food, sleep, sex, medication.

> air
free
> food
provided by military
> sleep
easily attained
> sex
not essential
> medication
lmao if you're dependent on medication you're useless

if military can provide food and sex change operations then they can provide meds. next?

Why would the bother with providing meds to subhumans like you when they have tons of normal people who don't need them?

m8 shut the fuck up. If you're in a combat situation for days, the last thing you want is some fat fuck retard who will die without his pills watching your back. quit trying to justify your inability to be combat effective and keep larping on k.

I'm not dependant on insulin, I've never taken it. I mean I don't even entirely know if I have diabeties. I just assume I have because of genes and I was a fat fuck few years ago.

Because there's a shortage of troops.

>Always wanted to join Army
>Have asthma
>Get told to take a hike
>Getting college degree
>Maybe they’ll take me when I graduate

I can only hope

The Army missed its recruiting target. Maybe if they lower their standards and provide meds to people they can meet it

underage retard

because McNamara isn't SoD anymore

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_100,000

Attached: pyle.jpg (600x338, 34K)

because 99% of the time your are not shooting a gun.

also you are a target 2 times bigger.

there actually isnt.

> the army doesn't have enough fit, medically sound recruits
> so let's take all the fat fucks who would die even if you left them in the wild for a week to fill up the ranks

You are suggesting literally lowering the quality and efficacy of the troops by introducing the weak. not going to happen. They will make do with the good strong men they have rather than have a ineffective fatass military

Lie at meps you chucklefuck

Don't worry. This means that when all the normals die in fire and explosions, we can still reproduce.

Wait can you not get a waiver for that? Even guys with ADHD can just get bottles of Aderall I the army

Diabieties is real, unlike ADHD.

> people complain about not being able to join because of medical condition
> they don’t just lie through their teeth

Attached: FD6A96C4-1150-43AA-9397-2F3470CD4544.gif (294x232, 623K)

There's no other solution.

> This means that when all the normals die in fire and explosions, we can still reproduce.

lmao, even if every superior man died, women would rather masturbate than fuck you and pump out weak offspring. The most satisfying thing is knowing that no matter how much shit poltards, NEETS, and fatasses talk, 99% of them will never reproduce. feelsgood

My asthma is exercise induced, I feel like they’d know once I go down during pt

If you had diabeties I think you would know it by now.

you wouldn't even make it through bootcamp or basic training.

>rejected because of eczema
>because "it's indicative of a compromised immune system"

Its just a patch of dry skin not fucking AIDS REEEEE

If there's a recruitment shortfall (Like there is now) The response won't be too start taking in diabetics and the like. It will be to make pay/conditions more worthwhile for the youth of today, or slightly slacken physical/criminal background requirements. Not letting in people with chronic diseases.

I’ve accepted it, but I’m still hoping I could be placed in a non combat role or a quasi-contract role.

if they have to, they will both increase incentives, and also turn to prisoners and those with criminal backgrounds who are still phsyically fit, just like they have done in the past, before taking someone phsyically unfit.

I’m the asthma guy, not the diabetic guy

dude, you can still accomplish a lot outside of the military, go to college and become a scientist or a doctor, or start your own business. You don't have to be in the military to succeed in life, I get that being on k you're probably a gun enthusiast so naturally you are attracted to military service, but if it's not for you it's not a big deal. You can just make money, get an education, and go hunting in your spare time and still have plenty of fun.

Make them POGs. I mean shit, the army already let’s women in

My recruiter and I both literally have eczema. Bruuuhhh

Lower fitness standards for males to the female level, more waivers for non violent criminals yes

>also you are a target 2 times bigger.
yeah but .45 is so slow they'd just safely absorb it

Attached: 38d.jpg (600x604, 50K)

It's 90% the VA not wanting to pay for your fat-related illnesses once you leave the service (given that most troops serve in a non-combat support role these days). The more physically fit the recruit, the less likely that you're gonna have to dole out a shit-ton of disability shekels for the next 40-60 years after they get out.

I'm certain that the military probably has a something similar to the Project 100,000 plan of the Vietnam Era to drop recruitment standards and enlist fatasses in non-combat roles (logistics, guarding bases, etc.) and funnel the physically fit into the combat branches in the event of a major conflict that goes very badly and the US Armed Forces are in danger of immediate collapse (i.e. World War III or another Civil War).

Attached: Marines running.jpg (1055x687, 152K)

ISIS would probably let you in.

Attached: disable isis member.jpg (460x310, 33K)

Those are false equivalencies, and you're a retard.

>44 replies and 5 images omitted. Click here to view.
Fucks sakes guys.

Attached: 89iq.png (634x729, 71K)

Lol this

In the Army you can and will be denied every single one of those

>Air
Gas chamber

>Food
Is optional

>Sleep
HAHAHAHAHA

>Sex
>implying

>Medication
It's called being Med Boarded and kicked out

Attached: 1483128456009.jpg (600x612, 95K)

damn. those guys look tough as nails.

Wait, the army will ignore my 'spergyness AND give me legal meth? Where do I sign?

Dont you need to like be able to carry shit?

if it was a minor problem he could lie, but if he passes out from no medication for diabetes if he survives he will be discharged.

Not that I know of, but they are less much effective of actually getting to the things they need to shoot at.

This is a criminally underrated post.

Attached: tumblr_owwhc1xAeq1rl7s4eo2_1280.jpg (1200x800, 333K)

Tell that to MEPS when they shot me down for taking ADDERALL when I was 9.

Well shit dude, I'm sorry your parents chose to substitute good parenting with drugs.

There is a difference between skinny (unhealthy), middle-weight (target weight) and not-fat (unhealthy).

They have to "find out" after you're in, and don't expect to get a machine gun.

>want to join
>have glasses, is no hindrance apparently
>get 3 migraine attacks per year, which can be tolerated with some aspirin
>sorry, nothing available

cool. back to shitposting it is

I concur.

Have you heard of the french foreign legion?

Lying at MEPS is as American as apple pie.

Why would you tell them

Yeah, getting fat affects every facet of life.
I hate it but obviously not enough to change.
I changed the guns I shoot.
No more Service Rifle prone with a sling and shooting jacket.
Standing is good.
Handgun is good but not IWB appendix carry.
I lost down to 190 pounds from 250 back in 2003.
Uncle Sam Said No due to a First Offender Plea Bargain.
Got my gun rights back but it didn't matter back then.
Nothing to keep you from other interesting jobs unless it is something like flying or driving a truck.
Insulin dependence axes those jobs too.

>Are fat people less effective at shooting guns than skinny people?
Yes and they make great bullet sponges.

Ho-lee fook. You would know if you have diabetes because you would be on the floor in a sugar coma or hypoglycemic shock without your insulin! You are just SLIGHTLY more susceptible to it when you have the genes for it.

This

Attached: 1540897041726.png (500x522, 427K)

>Why does the army have fitness requirements?
Because a gun can't bring itself up the side of a mountain.

Unfit people are shit warriors

Found Trombley

Glasses don't mean shit, THE BEETUS tho

Not him but they won’t work with diabetes

Always curious why the military didnt offer a summer camp style boot camp for kids around the nation. Basically they have months off in the summer. Ship them all over as a type of fat or fitness camp.
Gets them out of the house, away from cell phones except during specific hours, they work like in basic PT, eat a full balance meal like good old Hell's Kitchen in Ft Benning serves you.
Now 2 summers of this and I bet they will have a much better group of people available to choose from.

>Sandals with socks
ISIS barbarism knows no boundaries.

I unironically like this.
Would do a lot to help fight obesity in America

They have this, but parents have to pay for it.

This is unattractive for two reasons, first being the aforementioned financial cost, but also admitting that your fucked up parenting made your kid a fat fuck.

Having a guy who needs medication in the ranks is literally worse than just leaving that spot unfilled. It's a gigantic liability that isn't worth dealing with.

It's called the Boy Scouts before they got purified

Do you think the shooters in the Olympics who exercise before they shoot as part of the event would shoot as well after the exercise if they were out of shape couch potatoes?

Actually this exists. Its called the young marines and they go to MCRD San Diego and PI when they are young. Its usually boys in their early teens that have an interest in the military.

I only remember this because when I graduated from boot camp there was a platoon of them there to watch the graduation ceremony.

Biathlon is shot under maximum heart rate.

Other Olympic shooters do cardio to lower resting heart rate.
The lower the resting heart rate, the more time to get off a shot between heartbeats.

fit people are less likely to die in combat and generally more useful

>i have diabeetus
>the doctor never told muh
>i jusss think

m8 you may not have diabeetus but you are far too retarded for even the marines

yut

Aren't marines quite respected in American society? Look how smart they look

Attached: David Ian Long.jpg (383x490, 54K)

Nice bait, but if you knew anything you'd know he did it cause he was bored not cause he was a retard.

>being fat means I automatically have diabetes
Get off Jow Forums and go to Jow Forums

can you still join the National Guard or Coast guard of you have asthma?

I didn't, they just looked through my medical records without my consent.

>marines
>smart
oh lord you better be joking

iirc the chance of you ever firing a gun outside of basic is like 1 in 7500 or something silly

wait, was Pyle supposed to be one of the 100k?

I agree

type 2 beetus is reversible if you eat normal food and lost all the weight. you pee in a cup at MEPS and they check it for ketones, there's an acceptable range.

smart = good looking

>World War III or another Civil War

I both cases, you will not be able to get people drafted.

WW3 the leftys will riot and chimp out and will not correspond to the draft

In civil war the Righties will start their own militias led by military defectors (if its a true civil war and not just an uprising)

>score 99 on ASVAB during senior year
>Fag recruiters from different branches come to talk to me about enlisting
>Bunch of shit like working as a nuclear engineer for the Navy
>Tell them im 6ft 1, 200lbs
>They shuffle out the door and say sorry they want me 20 lbs lighter
>Realized then that Military is only looking for Blank Slate idiots to use at their discretion

I honestly don't know why people join the military voluntarily when they're full of idiots and retarded bureaucracy. If they had any sense they wouldn't be gauging recruits by the retarded height and weight rules that they still use. Oh well, i guess all the guys with bone spurs were right to dodge a draft so they don't end up in the masses of dead, expendable retards the MIC shits out.

Attached: leaf.jpg (217x232, 10K)

>I honestly don't know why people join the military voluntarily when they're full of idiots and retarded bureaucracy.
They are starting not to, and force retention levels are the worst they have been in decades.

I wanna see a rascal scooter flank.

youtube.com/watch?v=zy5rkw4SeP4

Never mind your self diagnosed beetus, I don't think you'd get a high enough ASVAB