Like it or not, .300BLK is here to stay

Like it or not, this cartridge is here to stay. It is still becoming more popular to the point where I can't even find plinking stuff in stock at any of my LGSs. Soon it's going to be within the price realm of the average shooter, when it will become the de-facto chambering for any AR with a barrel under 14".
You can hate on it all you want, you can have your poorfag rage that you're too poor to shoot it, that it's "ballistically inferior to x round", but like it or not, it's here to stay and dominate its niche for the foreseeable future.

Attached: 115gr-300-blackout-controlled-chaos-copper-ammo-lehigh-defense-sku-05301115S_2048x2048 (1).jpg (2000x2000, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3c_pJ_CLJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r4edDJLuErg
youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Come back when the prices are better than .308 win

Just wait till Wolf makes steel case 300 blk

I'll shit myself and buy 20k rounds, especially if its subsonic

>50cpr 7.62x39

costs me 13¢ to load.... Super common components and hardware.
It isn't going anywhere unless 223 and 308 are ditched.

>cheapest .300 BLK is still 2x the price of 7.62x39mm that does the same thing when it comes to supersonic ammunition
>cheapest .300 BLK is still 2x the price of 5.56x45mm that will work just as well when it comes to supersonic ammunition and can be used in the same guns, considering that's what those guns were originally designed for
>cheapest .300 BLK is still 1.5x the price of .308 which shits all over it
>cheapest .300 BLK subsonic is still about 3x the price of subsonic 9mm that will work just as well when it comes to subsonic ammunition
>you can't even switch between supersonic and subsonic .300 BLK without having your zero change significantly and needing a scope with multiple aiming points unless you're content not being able to shoot past 100 yards
Why do people even fall for this meme?

it's better than 7.62x39 because

>huge variety of projectiles, can shoot everything from 78gr that mimics 556 to 220gr fatboys for home defense
>works in AR15 magazines
>works with AR15 bolt carriers
>easy to reload
>cases are widely available because you can simply trip any 556 case to 300blk spec

The only real downside to this cartridge is
>cost

Support good products and the cost will come down. Not buying because it's too expensive is a poorfag argument, because then nothing would get cheap. Same thing with the guys buying $1100 colt 6920's 15 years ago, now we have cheap AR15's because of it.

It's already come down from a dollar a shot down to 40cpr for quality subsonic ammo. If you're willing to get reman supersonic it's even cheaper.

Attached: b8edf5baa0c58d184b9ad11c1553a899.jpg (799x600, 82K)

I don't like 300blk and will never buy a gun that uses a non NATO round or 22lr. Though I find it really fucking hard to believe 9mm subsonic works 'just as well' as a goddamn rifle round. I mean cmon man. Name an instance when being hit by a silenced 300BLK would be worse than a silenced 9mm.

OP is definitely based and redpilled.
300 memeout is the only newish caliber that isn't a total meme (see 224 valkyrie, 6.5 and 6.8)

>lel 9mm is just as good

he's also forgetting that a subsonic 300blk is a spitzer bullet. It has a much longer effective range and will bleed velocity less. And also it's way more lead.

>that ballistics chart
>comparing 55 grain 5.56x45mm from a short barrel when 62 grain is what the military normally uses and 77 grain is what people who actually use short barrels spring for
It should be noted that bullet effectiveness doesn't even scale directly with energy like a video game either. Your round with 20% more energy isn't going to deal 24 points of damage instead of 20.

>>huge variety of projectiles, can shoot everything from 78gr that mimics 556 to 220gr fatboys for home defense
>using subsonic rifle ammunition for home defense
>turning your rifle into an expensive pistol caliber carbine equivalent
Also, most people don't find themselves using a wide variety of bullet weights and just settle on one.

>>works in AR15 magazines
>>works with AR15 bolt carriers
So does 5.56x45mm.

>>easy to reload
>>cases are widely available because you can simply trip any 556 case to 300blk spec
5.56x45mm is available so cheap that it isn't even cost effective to reload for anymore. Same with 7.62x39mm unless you're casting your own bullets, which most people who reload don't do.

>If you're willing to get reman supersonic it's even cheaper.
>risking blowing up your gun to save a few cents per round
Things may have improved recently, but there were too many fly by night companies putting out that garbage during the Obama administration for me to ever trust it.

>Though I find it really fucking hard to believe 9mm subsonic works 'just as well' as a goddamn rifle round.
>take a rifle round
>make the bullet extra heavy
>fire it at comparable velocities to pistol ammunition
>hurr, it must perform better than pistol ammunition because it's a rifle round

Irrelevant inside maximum point blank range, see pic related. After that you're going to need some sort of BDC scope to take advantage of your flatter trajectory, and most people don't have one of those on their rifle.

Attached: 300 BLK vs 9mm subsonic.jpg (800x487, 88K)

>take a rifle round

So are you saying 9x39 must be even worse?

.300 blk is the ULTIMATE AR caliber. Proofs me wrong.

No, just that if you load a rifle round with bullets of comparable weight to pistol ammunition and fire them at velocities comparable to pistol ammunition, you will get performance comparable to pistol ammunition rather than magically retaining rifle ammunition like performance.

>comparing 55 grain 5.56x45mm from a short barrel when 62 grain is what the military normally uses and 77 grain is what people who actually use short barrels spring for
If you're going to compare it to 77 grain then the whole cost argument goes out the window and .300 is still more ballistically efficient

>take a rifle round
You literally just refuted this with your first sentence
>It should be noted that bullet effectiveness doesn't even scale directly with energy like a video game either. Your round with 20% more energy isn't going to deal 24 points of damage instead of 20.

I never said compare 300blk to other rifle rounds, not really. It's niche and should be appreciated as such. I would love to see 300blk gelatin tests compared to pistol calibers and then 9x39. Not that anyone has a VSS or anything.

I don't only own ARs. This board has only gotten worse after the normie invasion.

look, it's a huge wall of text that basically amounts to

>im a poorfag

300 blackout is better than 9mm in every way, better than 7.62x39, and better than 556 out of short barrels.

with 300blk I get a gas system, spitzer bullet, and any bullet weight under the sun. And a much larger selection of projectiles, with widely available parts and magazines. I don't care about saving 20 cents a shot because I reload.

Again, stop being poor.

>If you're going to compare it to 77 grain then the whole cost argument goes out the window
Except people don't use duty ammunition for practice unless they're mall ninjas.

>You literally just refuted this with your first sentence
One of those points is relating to comparing pistol ammunition and rifle ammunition with pistol equivalent loadings, the other is about comparing small incremental differences in rifle ammunition. My points stand.

>not pissing away money when you can get performance that's good enough for everything you want to do at a lower cost makes you a poorfag
Reminder that this attitude is one of the reasons that leads to many people in the US finding themselves living from paycheck to paycheck.

>performance that's good enough for everything you want to do at a lower cost makes you a poorfag

absolutely. poorfag mindsets are bad for the gun industry. Because no new products can come out, everyone wants what is cheap. Imagine if nobody bought mlok or keymod. PICATINNY IS FINE BRO! We wouldn't have any better.

300 blackout offers some very significant advantages. It's a very versatile cartridge that you can make do whatever you want. Shoutout to everyone who isn't a cancerous poorfag, and has helped this round go from $1 per shot to 40cpr. It will only get cheaper.

>Because no new products can come out
New products can still come out. They just have to offer equivalent or better performance for cheaper or be more than a simple incremental advancement for whatever section of the shooting community they're targeting to justify the higher price, especially if it's changing something major such as ammunition. The problem is the obsessing over minor incremental advancements in the shooting community that can rival or even exceed the people who absolutely must get the latest and greatest smartphone every year.

>Imagine if nobody bought mlok or keymod. PICATINNY IS FINE BRO!
Uh, user. Mlok is a further advancement of the attachment system Magpul was already using on their furniture where the main selling point was offering polymer furniture that could do what you'd normally need an expensive machined quadrail for. Mlok expanded that previous attachment system so that it could also be used for anything that needs a precise attachment to maintain zero and continues to be less expensive than a machined quadrail. Mlok was visibly the future for price point alone when it came out, regardless of its weight advantage over picatinny rails.

>better than 7.62x39,
blackout is worse then 7.62x39 in every way.

7.62x39> 7.62x35

hate to break it to you, but companies need to make money in order to fund research and recoup development costs

> They just have to offer equivalent or better performance for cheaper
ok, so how exactly is a brand new cartridge supposed to be cheaper than one mass produced across the world? I can't tell if you're retarded or just trolling.

Also mlok was absolutely not cheaper than pic rails when it came out. no fuckin way.

>choosing a few grams more powder over greater selection of projectiles and magazine compatibility

.357 Bain&Davis: so popular I can't find plinking stuff in stock at any of my LGSs.

It fills a niche.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3c_pJ_CLJQ

Greater flexibility in loads.

.300 BLACKED is an admirable eugenics effort, but it's simply not powerful enough. 9 out of 10 retards survive their blowed-up gun and remain able to reproduce.

Attached: CAL_MULTI.jpg (757x1125, 360K)

Attached: CAL_MULTI_1.jpg (560x392, 50K)

>simply trip any 556 case to 300blk spec
What's the best tool to ream out the primer crimp?

Odds are, someone will make an improved chamber dimension for it.

.224 Valk, I mean.

Larry Vickers, maybe?

>and similar

jesus what did he do to that gun

Fuck, I forgot to click post on this.

Attached: CAL_MULTI_2.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

Attached: Worried laughter.jpg (520x678, 69K)

EL OH FUCKING EL

Just when you think people can't get any more stupid...

So, I guess Langford's idea didn't really scale. What a shame.

Attached: langsford_extruder.jpg (2400x1631, 1.29M)

Nothing new under the sun.

Attached: Rimless 45-70.jpg (246x324, 15K)

>Wolf

Attached: 1526632694203.gif (250x250, 2.89M)

>Lower
>Posts pic of the fucking barrel extension

Attached: doctor mike.png (351x299, 168K)

Start casting and powder coating my dude
I’m under 10cpr

Sorry I only use 9mm 22lr and 556 death machine

But the military picked 6.8, and I never understood why the fuck you don't just get a .308 and cut the compromises while saving money per round.

.300 Blackout is the FUTURE you faggots

STOP being poor!!

Because the state of .308 ARs is abysmal right now.

remember when posting, "prove me wrong" was a bannable offense?

Tripfagging should be a bannable offense.

>Like it or not, .300BLK is here to stay

No 8mm mauser is here to stay. 30-05 is here to stay, 22LR is here to stay, 9mm is here to stay, .50bmg is here to stay 45 ACP is here to stay, 12 gauge is here to stay. 308/7.62x51/762x39/270/303/762x54

meme navy seals pasta is here to stay. Meme cartridges are not

>especially if its subsonic

o the retard level is too high here.

.300 fills a niche that was previously unfilled by any cartridge, while other so-called "meme calibers" do not.

>Name an instance when being hit by a silenced 300BLK would be worse than a silenced 9mm.
When engaging targets wearing soft armor

The additional backface deformation would be unpleasent, but it still fails to penetrate.
youtube.com/watch?v=r4edDJLuErg

This is what makes 300 blackout the least meme of the memes

>I'll shit myself and buy 20k rounds, especially if its subsonic
I just shit myself reading that and got hemorrhoids.

my link works
S&B 200gr FMJ no problem
youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w