Handgun General - /hg/ - #216

Comparisons edition. Who needs which dimensions from what gun?

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik (embed) (embed)

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Passive aggressive no discord:
>

P.T.

Attached: sizes.jpg (2500x2703, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cajungunworks.com/product/92000-p-07-p-09-hammer/
cajungunworks.com/product/91000-p-series-hammer/
amazon.com/TekMat-Cleaning-Waterproof-Instructions-Armorers/dp/B01EDRDF5C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You recommended I do some things to My scope mount in a /prg/ thread a few months back. It worked thanks.

First for Hoppe's surperiority.

Attached: perfection.jpg (3768x2932, 2.92M)

Ayyy glad to hear it!

why haven't you shot that gun

CLP is the only way

I've been too busy to go to the range for a while.

CLP
L
P

I'm going to need the dims on your pet kidney stone.

Attached: 65d6f4h65d4fgh654e.jpg (2016x1512, 1.52M)

user from the previous thread that was asking about pistol specs and comparisons (thanks for the help burto.) I decided on the p-07 and just ordered one from Buds. Just checked T rex arms and their lead time is up to 3 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions on Aiwb holsters for a p-07 that doesn't have a lead time? Already checked all the companies I usually buy from and they all have long lead times as well

Attached: stone2.jpg (500x667, 112K)

Goddamn dude. Been there myself. Have one 5cm in my L kidney right now. Cm. Not mm. Lithotripsy isn't gonna be fun

F

What a horrible set of calipers.

Thinking about getting a security six that came in at the local LGS, anything I should look out for when buying used?

Attached: Ruger .jpg (276x182, 9K)

You're a mad man Burt.

Attached: 6s5d4g65sd4g65dsf4g6ds5gf4.jpg (2016x1416, 1.06M)

daily reminder to stay hydrated

Yeah they chicom shit, that pic is from years ago. I have some decent ones now.

Good luck holy smokes

Seconded.

At that time I was drinking two 2-liters a day and no water. So god damn stupid, you think you're invincible when you're young.

No additional stones yet, knocc on wood.

Attached: expanded wood.jpg (3400x1275, 1.23M)

Hey lads, recently picked up a Urban grey P-01 Omega and I wanted to spruce up the trigger a bit. Should I save my dosh for one of the kits from CGW or should I just get a couple pieces and have a lot call gunsmith put them in?

How do I get good at the DAO trigger pull?

I would recommend just starting with one of CGW's hammers and a hammer spring and go from there if you need more, and do it yourself imo. It's not rocket surgery!

The hammer alone makes a HUGE difference.

Practice. You have to learn when the shot is going to break so you can keep the sights on target at that time.

Thinking about an SD9VE
>plastic rear sight and smoothish grip should help with IWB
>good capacity, reliability, low recoil
>longer trigger pull puts me at ease with appendix carry - I don’t like DA/SA, safeties, or 5# or less striker triggers
Any reason not to get it? Maybe considering LEM P30. Any better alternatives?
Thanks

Attached: 3067E106-D143-411E-B7C1-A7FF7F837F56.jpg (600x400, 170K)

From all I've seen and handled of it, it just seems cheap. Take that for what you will.
If it were me, I'd try my best to get over the apprehension of carrying with a normal weight trigger pull.

Just picked up a ruger lc9 for the price of an ec9. Getting ready to join the conceal carry club.

Attached: 20181109_161859.jpg (4032x1960, 2.74M)

I just think I’d be much less likely to miss a shot because of a slightly heavier/ longer pull than negligently discharging (shooting before getting on target) in an adrenaline dump situation
An option other than LEM or a heavier striker is the Walther safe action. I just wish gen 2 P99s weren’t so ugly

>goddamn that P210
please tell me it feels like a vagina^2
also where did you get those grips your you 380 remshit? I should have bought one when they were like $170...

The trigger isn't just long, it's heavy. It's a really bad fucking trigger and you just won't be able to shoot it as accurately and quickly as something with a shorter or lighter trigger.

Like the other user said, just get over carrying something with a normal trigger. Or better yet, get over not wanting DA/SA or a safety.

I don't know what a vagina feels like because I am a 42 year old diabetic kissless virgin but the P210 grips do feel REALLY great! They are Sig's counterfeit Nill grips. Everybody who handles the gun says "woah, it's like these grips are made for my hand."

The RM380 grips are from VZ, they make several designs for it. Yeah I was pushing people to buy Remingtons hard when they were sub $200, they were super worth the money then. Now at $250 ehhhh not so much, except maybe the RM380 which is still a nice gun.

Attached: IMG_2091.jpg (900x1350, 296K)

You made a shitty rifle ok.

Hmmm, if I did da/sa I think I’d go PX4. I don’t like the looks of the compact (yes worrying about looks on a carry gun is autistic). If it’s not too big to carry I might go for it - but then I’d have to consider an M9 since it’s practically the same size. Fuck this rabbit hole is deep

Today was supposed to be a range day, but instead I just got a couple 25yd targets in while instructing a coworker

Attached: 20181109_132925-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 1.13M)

Would you recommend a USP or PX4?
Nice collection of gats by the way - really excellent taste

Should I get a USP45T or step up to the Mk23?

For what? A range toy? The Mk23 us better in a lot of ways (steel trigger, better reset, more durable, more practically accurate) but it's more expensive and not modular like a USP

Px4 is honestly a better day to day gun, but the USP is an absolute talk of a 9mm.

The phrase used on Jow Forums was "Getting a USP in 9mm is like wearing combat boots to a black tie event" and that may be good/bad depending on your perspective.

Fucking phone posting
>Tank* of a 9mm

Attached: IMG_20180709_055430_206.jpg (2121x1478, 1.21M)

Range toy and fun gun or collecting piece.
If suppressors ever got deregulated then maybe I'd use it as a suppressed nightstand gun but I don't put any stock in that. Regardless, I'd probably get a suppressor for it far down the road for cool points.

>usp in 9mm
>super reliable teutonic engineered tank of a gun
>fails to cycle due to overweight slide and oversprung action
pottery

I only see one hammer other than the factory one, but I see alot of springs. Which one is the right one?

>I shot 115gr aluminum case in my +p+ rated gun, WHY IT NO WORK WHEN I LIMP WRIST?!
Lol, ur a faggot and poor.

Price is your factor then. I'm a big fan of my Mk23, it's my best range gun, my competition gun, and my CCW.
But the gun is absolutely NOT for everyone.

Attached: 20181027_045435-831x1118.jpg (831x1118, 151K)

>he thinks it only happens with 115gr or requires limpwristing
H&K fags are hilarious.

Oh, what did you use in yours? You do have one right? You're speaking from experience right?

Attached: 20181108_141349-980x2016.jpg (980x2016, 343K)

What does /hg/ load their mags with?

Attached: hollowpoints.jpg (2733x2089, 1.05M)

Only the best

Attached: 20180802_165409-1701x3024.jpg (1701x3024, 561K)

Same shit

Attached: 20180331_131732.jpg (4128x2322, 2.46M)

>acting like this isn't a well known thing, or that i need to have experienced it personally
Sold my USP9c off a long time ago. Alright gun, ergos just weren't great for me. You seem to really be taking my lighthearted memeing on H&K awfully hard though, why so defensive? You're starting to come off like one of those tacticool operators who derives a sense of personal grandeur from being overly and emotionally invested in some operator brand cool guy gear. Maybe you should just turn your trip back on?

I see two but you should email them and ask which one for your P-01 because I'm not sure either:
cajungunworks.com/product/92000-p-07-p-09-hammer/
cajungunworks.com/product/91000-p-series-hammer/

Whatever good brass ammo is on sale

GDHPs loaded by underwood for my meme calibers where that means something, heavy for caliber HSTs for my normie caliber guns(best performance to cost ratio), and extreme penetrators for my pocket .380. Im kinda an ammo fag though.

>I was just memeing bro!
Lol, faggot

USP9c =/= USP9
It’s not the same recoil, weight, etc. and HK doesn’t recommend +P in the compact. It just isn’t the same tier of gun and I’m not surprised your expectations weren’t met.
I said it before, but honestly nobody should be buying that thing. Either go with something modern with better ergos and a non proprietary rail like the P2000 or the VP9 or just get a full size USP or Mk23.

Gee Burt! How come your Mom lets you have TWO PPQs?

PPQ is the same height as a USP9fs
I really don’t get why people would get the compact unless they OWB

why have we not seen more designs like the P38 where the slide is minimized in length to only what is necessary for function?
This would keep slide mass down considerably and reduce recoil and allow for more cooling of the barrel.
The sights are usually on the slide, so I understand not wanting to put a sight on the barrel, but revolvers do this all the time without a huge problem, so there must be other reasons, I would think.

This is objectively a good gun but Jow Forums August’s will shit on it for no reason

Attached: 2038CFF8-640C-4DE9-A357-B915C53D2A30.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

>August’s

Attached: 1516724078585.jpg (458x750, 32K)

G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E
xD

What a fucking augustus post

>not streamlined
>less slide to grip
>greater muzzle flip
>can't adjust/change front sight

Hey anyone got experience with the beretta 84 or 85fs? I wanna get one but theyre like $800 is it worth it? I think theyre absolutely beautiful

They really are pretty but not very good funs imo. They're direct blowback so recoil is pretty harsh for a .380 this big, they're really fat so concealment isn't as easy as you'd think and the trigger is pretty poor for a Beretta in my experience, very creepy and a bit heavy. And the slide stops have a habit of rounding over which eventually makes them stop working.

Also $800 is crazy, you should be able to find used ones for more like $400.

Attached: 84bbq.jpg (1800x1200, 1.06M)

Yeah l was eyeing those nickel ones on buds gunshop because theyre awesome looking. Guess l’ll settle for a used one then

All I know is it's the Blacktail in Resident Evil 4. Are there any notable agencies or militaries using it as their service pistol?

Should i get a yellow dot or orange dot for night sights?
Square or u notch?

Has anyone found anything wrong with a Glock 43 with taran tactical baseplates? Im a Computer Science student and I want a comfortable gun to CCW and if I get caught with a gun I could get in trouble with me school. My state doesn't require a permit but its still against school policy.

I am in need of the lightest recoiling compact or subcompact gun that you know of, I have a 92f which is the smoothest shooting 9mm I’ve ever held and I want something smaller without going to something snappier I can use for ccw

>can’t decide on a revolver or a 1911

Attached: 209EE24D-C7B7-45D4-A8FD-885FD744A011.jpg (229x229, 14K)

Neither, but get an LCR

THIS is the Blacktail
No G R I P Z O N E marking, and yes its used by the Croatians who make this gun.

Attached: E9178ABA-8FD7-4D65-AA8D-BD8882ECBFBC.jpg (800x800, 111K)

Since the XD9 was in resident evil does that mean it has at least a couple cool points?

Yeah
But just the gun I posted, nothing else from that line.

No, it's a bad design and has some serious safety flaws related to the grip dingus. It's also a $250 gun selling for $400, the proceeds go to anti-gun politicians, and the polymer and steel used is actually low quality.

U notch, orange

>serious safety flaws
The grip safety may be stupid but I never heard about there being an issue regarding the actual safe handling of the gun
>$250 gun selling for $400
Just like Glocks, except thw XD9 sells for 380 and the glocks sell for 600
>low quality steel and polymer
Proof please
I’m not going to make excuses for SA’s political fuckup, but the rest seems unfounded.

Having the front sight move but not the rear is a recipe for disaster moreso than having the barrel move and not return to its exact previous position.

If you want a gun with basically no slide get an automag or some other fancy boutique gun. For fighting arms, the 92 is as close as you're going to get without customizing your own.

Attached: Beretta_92_Picatinny_Rail_3_grande.jpg (600x453, 40K)

For 9mm, Beretta PX4 compact hands down, noticeably low recoil for 9mm, maybe even lighter than your biqq boi 92.
For .380 Sith & Wesslon M&P 380 Shield EZ, very mild shooting.
If you need even smaller, the Glock 42 is actually pretty light recoiling too though not as much as the other two.

I have heard and read/watched that the Walther CCP, Browning 1911-380 and Sig P238 are also pretty light recoiling though I can't personally attest so.

Careful putting too much stock into internet memes btw:
Man. Why do you make me do this? Why do you make me defend Springfield who I don't really like?
>it's a bad design
Opinion.
>has some serious safety flaws related to the grip dingus
Literally doesn't. There have been rare cases where the grip safety locks the gun up with a round in the chamber, which is horrifically unsafe, but don't word that to sound like the gun itself is inherently unsafe or goes off on it's own or whatever.
>It's also a $250 gun selling for $400
Now that's totally true and I dislike Springfield mainly for that reason.
>the proceeds go to anti-gun politicians
That's demonstrably false. Springfield donated one time to an anti-gun bill in Illinois, got huge public backlash for it, and immediately did a 180 by pouring money into pro-gun stuff, including OPPOSING THE VERY BILL THEY INITIALLY SPONSORED pic related. If you feel betrayed then don't buy from them, there's nothing wrong with boycotting Springfield, but also don't lie about what happened.
>the polymer and steel used is actually low quality
This is also demonstrably false, Springfield XDs built by HS Produkt (formerly IM Metal) in Croatia, are the metalurgical, plastic and machining equal of any manufacturer. They don't having machining marks or plastic flashing or heat treat issues, aren't known for cracking small parts or exploding frames.

Attached: springfield politics.jpg (600x400, 54K)

>There have been rare cases where the grip safety locks the gun up with a round in the chamber, which is horrifically unsafe
If the design is that unsafe, it's unsafe. No caveat.

Also, Springfield donated to anti gunners for two+ years, not just the bill in question, so I think it is reasonable to label their profits as potentially going to anti-gun politicians

There are probably fifty times more anecdotal stories of glocks kabooming than there are anecdotal stories of XDs locking up so by that measure Glocks are hecca unsafe, no caveat.

First I've heard of SA donating for 2+ years, where's that info from? Every web search I try to find out is clouded by the Illinois FFL tax debacle they participated in with RRA.

The box o' truth I think, I'll look for a source (I'm shitfaced sorry Burt)

They had been donating about 10-20 grand a year for two years or more

Mist Glocks are blown up by retards and bad ammo, the grip safety lockup is 100 percent design fault

Alright I'll dig into it more tomorrow ty

have u shot a glock 43

>Excessive rattling in the cylinder when closed
>Bent crane or ejector rod
>Hammer should stay locked back after it's cocked unless you actually pull the trigger
>No cracks or warping in the forcing cone
>If possible take the grips off and check for rust

Which is more practical for CCW a 3” revolver or a 4.25” commander 1911?

I’m looking for something to spice up my carry routine

Attached: F26BD3E0-2776-46CE-942E-CBA98A72A37F.png (1500x761, 276K)

commander 1911

>SA’s political fuckup
Is this something that was incidental/accidental with the CEO or was it literally years as I hear on this board?
I own a xd9 subcompact for home defense and occasional plinking, but I've read very little about the political crap and have only seen the "bill incident" or what ever shit upon a very short search.

>Computer Science
I was also interested in this, is that a general degree or are you gonna specialize in something?

square, u notch is pure garbage

>spice up my carry routine
What are you, a woman? Carry one gun and get good with it and fuck off.

Everyone worth a shit has a lead time. Dara Holsters may be able to do it in 2 weeks.

>not carrying the biggest handgun you own from time to time

Attached: D8285836-A8F7-4775-A832-983D8A16B6A4.jpg (573x729, 45K)

I almost feel bad for Springfield, because they really aren't anti-2a. Their CEO is just a fucking moron. They decided they were big enough to start swinging their dick around in politics, but having no idea how politics actually works, they decided to hire a professional lobbyist to do it for them. They put him in a position to speak for them, wrote him a blank check, and cut him loose to do his thing with no oversight for years until someone realized what the guy was doing. The lobbyist didn't "go rogue" as some people claim, he just acted like a lobbyist would do for any other company--abandon all values in the hopes of cutting a deal for his employer. It wasn't a conspiracy on Springfield's part--the exemption "deal" may have looked good to a professional weasel, but it would have cost Springfield untold thousands of sales in IL. Springfield was just pushing out their Saint line and leaning heavily on marketing to the tacticool, patriotic crowd. Furthermore, the only FFLs in the state not affected by the bill were ones that wouldn't even carry Springfield's most important products. You're not going to find their new ARs in Dick's and Walmart. Something got lost in translation, Springfield assumed the lobbyist would be doing pro-2a work, because what's good for gun owners is good for the gun industry. A lobbyist doesn't think that way. He'd have gotten a pat on the back from any other company for what he did. Not realizing just how involved, political, and cannibalistic the gun industry's market is, he thought he played a good hand and nearly sunk the company single handed. Of course ALL of this could have been avoided if Reese had been paying attention to what the lobbyist was doing, rather than just periodically throwing money at him and assuming he was making the best choices. There's lots of VALID reasons to dislike Springfield, but people saying they're anti-gun is bullshit. They're "just" negligent as hell.

Attached: goddammit.jpg (2656x1494, 3.09M)

Does anyone else have that pic of the LCR with the fluorescent orange grips that looked really cool?

Knife sauce?

Wish standard grips were available.

Attached: Shadows.jpg (4032x1960, 2.11M)

PEEN edition

Attached: Barrel 1.jpg (4032x3024, 761K)

>finger banged a 92fs and cz75 today and preferred the CZ
Why do people like Beretta's so much?

>people call XDs ugly
Plebeians

Shoot one sometime and youll know.

>low and to the left
AAAAAAHHHH

Any idea where I can get a USP in 45 that isn't $1000+ dollarydoos?

stupid question but where do you buy those bench pads?

amazon.com/TekMat-Cleaning-Waterproof-Instructions-Armorers/dp/B01EDRDF5C

thanks

Which night sights should i get?
>Trijcon HDs
Seem to the most popular option and gold standard
luminescent paint rings seems cheap and may chip off
Accurate and XR option
Serrated rear sight

>Night Fision night sights
The brightest night sights out there
polymer ballstic ring seems more durable than paint
>Some have said they point too low