Post scriptum and Squad are free this weekend

Post scriptum and Squad are free this weekend
Very Jow Forums games

Attached: postscrimptum.png (618x353, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lUbEJW8atCc?t=02m52s
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZivcZzqmY
goywonder.itch.io/angry-goy-ii
realitymod.com/downloads
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHUT YO MOUTH INCEL F*GGOT

Rude desu

I dunno about that. They both seem pretty horrendous compared to arma and rising storm 2.

This. Maybe I'll be interested in Squad and Post Scriptum when they get singleplayer modes and a mission editor.

Attached: VTE.png (1024x768, 823K)

Only way you'll be interested is if they add a version where you can shoot a 9mm from your BMW

I play all both of these, squad feels better that RS2 and arma. Post scriptum is a bit rough last time I played but squad isnt as tedious as arma and isnt as arcadey as RS2

Play squad while it's free, your opinion will change but idk about PS.

>Glance at catalog
>See “Post Scrotum”
>Rush to enter thread
>No scrotums posted
>Re-Read thread
>mrw

Attached: 935CDC02-B2CC-42FC-8945-B794CF9405E2.gif (320x234, 950K)

Any Jow Forumsommando who bad mouths squad hasn't played it. Post scriptum is hot garbage though.

>Not posting your scrotum anyway

Do it faggot

>Post Scriptum system requirements
>Recommended:
>OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 10 (x64)
>Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
>Memory: 16 GB RAM
>Graphics: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
>DirectX: Version 12
>Network: Broadband Internet connection
>Storage: 35 GB available space

I am behind the times.

>Arma
>tedious
You just don't have the right attention span for Arma.

I can make your balls tingle from anywhere in the world.
youtu.be/lUbEJW8atCc?t=02m52s

>LARPing as a Slavic insurgency in Adidas pants.
>Screaming cheeki breeki.
>Building bases with your friends.
>Placing IEDs while someone places isis music over the mic.
Just squad things.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 642K)

A lot of those games are complete liars when it comes to ram allotments. You can get away with 8gb on games like tarkov by running a ram clearing program to delete all the bloat on the other side of map from you.

You can place IEDs on people.

>Rising Storm 2
>Any good
Go away tripwire shill.

I'd recommend trying the squad free weekend, especially since the new update, it's fucking nice.
tips for free weekend: have a mic, be willing to play as a team, if you see a squad with clan members in it then join it, ask things you don't know, you'll have a good time.
Post scriptum is not worth it yet, it has potential but it's still very rough.

Why would I chose Squad over PR and ARMA?
At least Post Scriptum has an interesting setting. Squad is not an overall improvement over either.

They are all good games, it's not about what's better. You are allowed to play more than one game user

PR is incredibly dated an run on trash engine. ARMA is for larping autists that require fallout 4 level of mods to make it playable, and even then. Its still bad. Squad at least shows promise.

>Very Jow Forums games
Anyone here played Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising?

I have nice memories of sneaking into enemy spawn, waiting in long grass near their helo pad for people to load into chopper and then when the helos rotor has built up some RPM murder everyone in the chopper and steal their helo and immediately take off.

Attached: joint_operations_typhoon_rising.jpg (600x450, 128K)

animations in transport is a good feature

Attached: 20181109211108_1.jpg (1920x1080, 738K)

>bought Squad two years ago when it was closed alpha
>play it once in a while
>v12 comes out
>its still garbage and the 95% of the players are headless chicken
>reinstall project reality 2

>You are allowed to play more than one game user
Unless you are a NEET you don't really have time to play 3 austic games at the same time.

I'd go as far as to say that Squad is more tedious than Arma 3. At least when it comes to KoTH.

You either: don't have the minimum social skills required to speak over a mic, get into a milsim group and enjoy the game or can't hit a button on the workshop.

The premise of "if a game requires mods it's bad" is pure shit, the fact that ArmA has so many mods it means that you can recreate or just create any scenario you want, from Star Wars to Halo, to WW2 to Vietnam to modern and futuristic. I bought ArmA a few months ago and it's the most Jow Forums experience I have had in my life

Attached: 20181109201700_1.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

Attached: 20181020193113_1.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

Post scriptum nails the bolt action iron sights, field to field combat pretty well

Flanking and msp hunting, dancing around a cap zone, makes the game a little tedious. The only times you really die are when you get shot in the back by flankers and ambushers, and thats tiresome to play against

I still play it, it's just tedious.

God I love free weekends. Nobody has a microphone, at most 1 squad has a single SL with a mic and nobody has any clue what they are doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZivcZzqmY

Squad is a much smoother and updated replacement for PR, they are still updating it but the majority of the PR community went to squad. You probably haven't played it because if you did you would understand. It's more easy to jump into than arma and its much more appealing as a newer game.

>t. guy who can't make it out of spawn without getting GOOKED

>Squad is a much smoother and updated replacement for PR
Do you think that someone that still plays PR cares about stuff being "smooth" and "updated".
All I care about is weather or not I can get my tactical tism on while babysitting 8 tards and teaching them the wonders of wire guided munitions and grappling hooks.

Are the maps bigger and is there more tactical play?
Can you set up fobs with emplacements?

Played 100 hours of it since start and I have 600 hours in RO2/RS1. Trust me m8 I know how to play. My problem is not the enemy but the garbage maps.

what are these ram cleaning programs?

>Get into a milsim group and enjoy the game
>Milsim group
>Enjoying a game
El oh el

It's fun it's just entirely arcadey and not very Jow Forums still way better than insurgency sandstorm.

>Eurofag military talking about stolen valour

>Milsim.

Attached: 1541396305646.png (410x574, 572K)

I heard her brother was almost as autistic as you

1) you sound autistic
2) you gave the inherent reason arma 3 does not appeal to certain categories of gamers. arma 3 is like a dressup - SANDBOX - game. it isn't very good at PVP, it isn't very good at PVE. bots are terrible and suppression/weapon mechanics are missing ground(s) to compete with other shooters. but you are able to get mods and make yourself look like the era you want to play in. don't get me wrong - in terms of "large scale look battles" arma 3 wins by a longshot. but squad (i have never played it) is for a specific audience who want down-to-earth action and PVP, and post scriptum is the same.

>M3 grease gun does more damage than Mosin
they literally contracted the game out to be developed by Europeans.

You seem to have never played Arma

If you have any interest you should play squad, its amazing.

>Are the maps bigger and is there more tactical play?
Yes
>Can you set up fobs with emplacements?
Yes
>wonders of wire guided munitions
Are there
Honestly the tism gets better and better with every update, just try it while it's free user you wont regret it. I get that a good game is a good but I had that same faith with the first 2 red orchestras and now I cant do it.

Attached: German-Surrender.jpg (652x300, 53K)

Thank you for making my point.

ARMA is the airsoft of video games.

A.R.M.A.: Autism Required in Moderate Amounts

More like AREA Autism Required in Extreme Amounts

Autism Required in Massive Amounts.

C'mon retards, this isn't that hard.

>asking autists to not be autistic

it does not do that

this is because they release a new version with the free weekend, which is retarded, that way people who take a break return and don't know how to play, in addition to the people playing for the first time. now the people explaining how the game works have to teach twice as many people

>judges a game based on the closed alpha from 2 years ago
I didn't believe people like you existed.

if anyone here missed the good old days playing RO Darkest Hour mod, this is nice game. Especially if you are playing defense, the louder the gun noises the more fuck up you know your situation is. Now the flaws would be some maps' optimization, it goes below 60 fps is some areas

>play squad
>get good squad
>move to forward position
>incoming enemy transport
>ohfuck.jpg
>LAT rips it apart crossfire from 2 sides eats up the remaining men
>get hab up, team makes it a super fob
>enemy throws everything they have at us
>Mortars dropping like rain
>hmgs and lmgs filling the air with tracers and death
>our TOWs soaring overhead
>smoke on our position
>grenades popping all around us
> blueberries panicking, enemies inside north sector
>push towards enemies
>start pushing them out, killing scores
>THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
>BMP rolls over sandbags
>mfw

Attached: 20181110_193722.png (500x367, 279K)

so far Im liking both games
if youre looking for a way to pass the time while downloading them

goywonder.itch.io/angry-goy-ii
fun and memes

Attached: thankful.gif (659x609, 1.63M)

>I can make your balls tingle from anywhere in the world.
user I'm blushing

bait

i'd love to play arma 3 again, but the group i played it with died and I don't really want to join a full on autism milsim group that makes you go through these autistic bootcamps like you're actually joining the military. Any recommendations?

open the dev files, they're included with the SDK.

Shill

>Squad
>The casual version of Project Reality
I’ll wait and see if that dev group working on a BF3 PR in Venice unleashed goes anywhere.

Attached: EAE84AB1-726C-4B22-BB1A-C76AF14BC911.jpg (1024x788, 157K)

>Play squad
>Areive at CP
>Build fob
>Spend rest of game spawning and dying on the CP while the enemy does the same. Or
>Build fob far off out in nowhere
>Precede to be a complete waste of a squad because SL refuses to leave his FOB in the middle of nowhere that’s doing nothing
God I hate people who defend that trash of a game. The base game mechanics are fucking retarded and the game is made to purposely be a more casual experience than PR.

do I have to buy a copy of BF2 to play?
can I just find a full version of PR without owning a copy of battlefield 2?
please I need to know

Attached: n'yah.jpg (179x282, 8K)

Yes. For the last couple of years PR has become a free standalone download.

>MILSIM

Attached: 136e440d2460ce327ebad0a1031e05c9.jpg (350x250, 59K)

you do not need to own bf2 to play project reality

You've literally never played it if that's your perception

Honestly probably gonna stick with RS2 and go try the new squad update after the free weekend is over

why cant I fucking find it anywhere?
you will have a noob to grease if you guys show me where to find this.

Attached: lifeofchris.jpg (1080x720, 299K)

thats because your squad leaders are retarded

So you hate the game because you couldn't understand spawns? Sounds like you either had a shit team or you tried to be Rambo

realitymod.com/downloads
Brainlet.

Meh rs2 is okay at best

thank my superior user
the only stuff I ever found was the mod for the base game

Attached: thrillho.jpg (251x240, 6K)

Nigger that's been every single goddamn game since Alpha. The stupid ass HAB system is so retarded that it doesn't stop spawning if enemies are nearby. So even when you find an enemy HAB and try to destroy it. The enemy can spawn in and kill you in the process. Because of this, the game always devolves into either building fobs on the CP and just slugging it out with the other team cause neither can successfully destroy the others HAB which are only like 50 meters apart. Or your squad, or god forbid your entire team. Goes out of their way to build a "superfob" in the middle of fucking nowhere and have it serve no purpose. What makes that even worse is that even still because it's worthless, as in the enemy can just bypass it. The enemy instead always decides to attack the fob's. Even though they are much better needed on the CP's, they waste their time dicking around with a fob.
>Do you even SAK NAAAAAM and van jam nigga?

Attached: Project-Reality_PCDL.jpg (220x300, 67K)

Just don't be a brainlet while in the game. I already have to deal with too many sand people on my side and autsitic fins that just crash all the assets.

Wait. Don't tell me Squad fobs can't be stopped by 3 guys?
Do you still spawn with the team on them?

>The stupid ass HAB system is so retarded that it doesn't stop spawning if enemies are nearby.
literally incorrect

Unless it has been changed in the past month or two then yes. That's exactly how the spawn system has worked up until this point.

Attached: Shut Up Faggot.jpg (768x1024, 258K)

I find having a good time in it is less reliant on other players than for squad which of course will be overrun by idiots this weekend

it has in fact been changed in that time

Oh that clunky piece of shit? Pass.

getting the passive-aggressive Reddit vibes from you cupcake

fucking THIS S S

armaniggers SEETHING

Attached: 1540258046832.jpg (640x541, 210K)

Oof you're not like ACTUALLY that retarded right?

Attached: 1539540554596.gif (375x275, 2.71M)

>having to join a group to have fun in a game

Attached: The sun and my disgust.png (499x484, 148K)

I have played it and I'll damn well bad mouth it. It's PR, but with less content and you're paying money for it and the servers are all run by chickenhawk autists.

Thats your autism inhibiting your ability to not say stupid shit

>tfw no Battlefield 4 or Bad Company 2 Sequel

Attached: 1499579423143.jpg (1540x1540, 250K)

No, he’s just a butthurt nigger
Spawning is stopped if 3(?) enemies are near the Hab

Well at least that makes the game playable in my eyes. I know Squad is suppose to be a more casual friendly version of PR, less down time and more forgiving, but I think squad would become a game that I would consistently play if they made the wounding more like PR. In that IFAK's only prolong the inevitable, and in order for you to stay in the fight. You have to get medic'd by an actual medic. One thing I'm not a fan of, and maybe this changed with the recent updates with crewmember kits. Is that infantry squads would take their own APC for themselves instead of having a designated APC squad. Again, maybe with the update that includes crewmember kits, maybe that's changed but for the time being. The game is just eh.

Why is Post Scriptum mixed on Steam? Can somebody give me a quick rundown?

Lots of people wanted WWII themed Squad (including me). They cut out the rally system, so you had to walk from a truck which got captured or left in some retarded location half the time. they didn't optimize maps at all, so even good rigs got shit frames. My computer couldn't handle more than 2 rounds without getting damn hot, and the game doesn't even look that good.
I think it could be a good game and it may be heading that direction with the addition of rallies, but it's still a bit of a disappointment

there are now cremember kits for armored vehicles. Also as of recent updates anyone can revive someone or stop bleeding with bandages but players won't heal or regen stamina unless healed by an actual medic. Not quite what you meant which I also think would be better but its a kind of middle ground.

Would you say its worth the price?