Skinwalkers n shit

Morning Jow Forumsomrades. Crossposting from /x/ for the sake of discussion, /x/ is a little quiet this morning and wanted to see what you guys thought on the subject.

Haven't been on the chan in years but spent the entire night at work last night reading wendigo/skinwalker/goatman greentexts and decided to pay a visit.

What, exactly, do you define as wendigogoatwalker? I'll admit my knowledge on the topic doesn't really extend beyond "Wendigo and Skinwalker are Native American myths" and was wondering what ya'lls take on it was. What "makes" (for lack of a better term) this creature?

From the greentexts the common themes I've noticed are they may or may not be overtly hostile (in some stories the creature is simply seemingly curious about humans, e.g. temporarily living among them instead of taking hostile action), they're pretty much always accompanied by perhaps the most gods-awful stench the human mind can comprehend (aside from burning corpses but we won't go there), and they tend to mimic humans sometimes to the extent of disappearing a real human and then impersonating (albeit imperfectly) that human.

What makes these creatures tick? What are their drives, desires, motivations? Are they just like any other animal that exhibits investigative behavior and they're simply trying to learn about us? Are they not animals at all in the traditional cryptid sense but instead some kind of ethereal, mystical being? I know Skinwalkers are supposedly Native American witches, do you think they are or were at one time human themselves?

Tell me your theories and experiences. I know these creatures fit into the horror genre but I'm really curious about them on a more down-to-earth level. Their habits, their behaviors, why they might be terrorizing humans. Creepypasta about your encounters with them are welcome.

Pic unrelated, just one of my babies, a Royal Hong Kong Police issue Smith & Wesson .38 from back before HK was handed over to China.

Attached: 20180521_171623.jpg (1328x747, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mtfzbr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump. Here's another pic of my Chink Smith.

Attached: 20180521_171554.jpg (1328x747, 238K)

Bump. Maybe my Jewish meme gun will get more interest.

Attached: 17758585_439099389760318_7595332802595019985_o.jpg (2048x1165, 303K)

i encountered one once

They're not native American myths and that was well understood for a while before newfags from tumblr googled the term "skinwalker" and proclaimed screetching from the hills that they were rednigger myths despite the fact that they share no characteristics whatsoever. There was a movement for a while to call them "fleshgaits" or something similar which never caught on. A few of the first stories were from Australia for that matter.

I had an experience with something weird one night, never really understood what happened.

>Walking with some buddies across a huge overgrown farm in central NC
>LARPing a patrol so we’re plated up, carrying our ARs and generally just goofing off
>Lots of deer chilling out in the fields and everything, really chill
>Walking trails created by the property owners for riding dirt bikes and shit
>Emerge into a huge clearing, walk out into the center of it to look at stars
>Sweeping the weapon light across the treeline, catch movement behind a hay bale a ways off
>what appears to be the head of a unnaturally tall doe peering at us over the top of the hay bale, as soon as the light washed over, it crouched behind the bale and disappeared
>Wasn’t quite right the way she moved, so we decided to run it down and check it out
>Jog down to the wood line and start poking around the area
>all of us standing in a single file line, kicking and moving really thick brush down in this thicket
>Ridiculous snarl comes from the thicket as we’re moving the brush
>I hear it from 12, my buddy hears it from 3, other buddy hears it from 9
>Stand there arguing over where we heard it from
>All of us are getting freaked out by this point, decide not to press our luck and leave
>On the way out keep hearing brush rustle behind us, buddy remarks the sudden smell of pennies and he’s never even heard of Jow Forums, let alone read the greentexts
>White-Knuckle my rifle the whole way back to the truck

I’ve always wondered if it was something weird. My buddy swears up and down it was a jersey devil. I dunno

Attached: D16C77D1-8FB1-4D3B-9515-5AE1D621794D.jpg (220x309, 22K)

Serious spook hunting discord.

discord.gg/mtfzbr

I only visit this sight for Jow Forums and /x/

Do you have any proof to back up your claim?

I am half convinced my best friend is a skinwalker but I'm too autistic to approach the subject

Bumping with a photo shopped image

Attached: m8mnsaunp3wtiueryaav.jpg (660x371, 10K)

It depends. Unfortunately the term "skinwalker" covers a few different types of creatures or spirits.
Most dangerous is easily the wendigo, this is a man who consumed enough human flesh to degrade him into a semi-immortal predator. Intelligent, and extremely hostile, but very rare outside of the higher parts of North America.
The ones you seem to be referencing are farther south, and are nature spirits or Indian shamans who fell too far into nature. While they are dangerous too, they are highly territorial - if you stay out of their territory, you are fine. If you pass through and are respectful, probably fine too.

>yee naaldlooshii
>not a native american legend
They’re not the monster Jow Forums makes them out to be. They’re an evil witch that can take the form as different animals, most of the time a coyote. They’re still very dangerous are not to be eased with

That's something I noticed about a lot of the greentexts. Not always, but frequently, if you leave the area the wendigogoatwalkerthing is in, it will not give chase beyond a certain boundary that only the creature seems to know. I can't really say much to the being respectful part, as that hasn't seemed to matter much either way in the stories I've read, just that it will only follow you so far away from where you first encounter it.

Thats not shopped, dipshit. Thats 100% in camera

its from oldass bong horror movie, before you ask, image and gif that used to float around are way cooler/scarier than original that is dumb as fuck

Friend's Navajo medicine man says the shadows that stalk us are things that feed on strong feelings of guilt, hate or fear. Personal theory is some of the skinnies are feral woodlands versions of these shadows.

And again, its 100% IN CAMERA. There was not altering of the film stock, it was shot exactly as you see the image.

Daily reminder to report off-topic threads.

>See You Space Faggot

Daily reminder to drink some bleach

In space no one can hear you feel

Try a long slide 1911 with a ridiculously oversized laser aiming device that runs on D cell batteries mounted to the top of the gun and spanning the full length of the slide.

Then I guess you could say its a skin-and-bones-walker