QTDDTOT

>went duur hunting this morning
>took martini Henry and a 556 rifle (55grn FMJ)
>see duur 50-75m away
>shoot at duur with MH
>deer shits it’s pants runs 25yds and stops
>out of ammo so shoot it with 556 rifle
>it just stands there and walks off once I start to climb down

Does this look like a 556 wound or a 500grn blackpowder wound? I say it’s the MH however my dad says it’s probably the 556 and it hit the rib and broke up. This is the entry wound.

Attached: 1DACD236-3DA6-4E2B-8AF2-9937D6D346D6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtnsZ2JaKso
youtu.be/pJL-IscH_jo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is another shot of the entry. The exit wound was a small hole about the size of a nickel.

Attached: ED579C2C-CB9D-48CA-9828-F9C18EA2FECA.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

blackpowder, 55 grain fmj 556 would have bounced off like it does on windshields

How a Shockwave blade a brace? Does it just need to have slots on the top and bottom for a strap? Could I just attach some slots to the top and bottom of my wood ak stock and call it a brace?

I don't own any guns, but I highly recommend it.

Why do you fucking redneck barbarians do this? Just go to the grocery store to get me you fucking Hicks.

I am thinking of picking up a 1911, and I am really considering a Springfield or a Remington r1. The remington is made by para ordnance, but I want to hear y'alls opinion of the two.

Nothing is more organic than wild you namby.

Either way you’re a shit shot and should practice shooting more before even thinking of taking another shot on a living, breathing animals at all.

The deer had pants on? What the hell are you doing shooting a clothed deer.

suppressed subsonic 5.56 vs suppressed subsonic 9mm

Which is quieter, which overpenetrates less?

The flat of the blade rests against your forearm, and doesn't "strap" around your arm.
>ak stock
No because it was originally a rifle's stock and you can't 'convert' to a pistol/sbr without paperwork

dude... subsonic 5.56 is .22 with like 10 grains more of bullet weight

>thinking you can just buy venison or other kinds of game
>calls em Hicks for not eating the corn fed beef that literally tastes like shit

Could you make a brace from scratch without paperwork?

I have the ability to get either a Ruger SS or a Smith and Wesson 66 for the same price, which should I get and any tips?

Oh wait you're serious.
HAHA, HAHAHAHA
Where the fuck do you think meat comes from, you flower?
youtube.com/watch?v=JtnsZ2JaKso
Thank god so many retards have forgotten how do this shit; I make almost 100$ an hour doing 6oz cuts to go to impoverished californians who think it's 'humane' and 'free range' lmao

What deals are you guys looking for with black Friday?

That's a bad idea. Braces aren't that expensive.

Ok for 30 yard deer hunting?

Attached: IMG_20181110_145021.jpg (2550x3333, 2.8M)

must be a shit shot OP, i killed many and my first deer with 62gr federal fusion .223

What kind of head are you using and what pound bow.
Hay is usually penetrated like that with a fieldtip from a 50lbs bow from 30y.

Is 5.56 and .223 legal to hunt with in you guys states or are you breakin some laws?

Hunting is orders of magnitudes more humane that mass farming used to supply bottom of the barrel meat you get from the store.
And I just fell for the bait. Fuck.

You do realize a martini Henry groups around 5 inches at 100m and shoots about 18 inches high at 100m? That’s a lot of variables right there.

Wow. 50lb. Pic is a fieldtip(state park), but planning to use 100gr fixed Muzzie.

Just want to get my first deer tomorrow. Ground hunting until I can practice from a blind.

What distance would you recommend I keep shots within?

An 80 grain 5.56 subsonic round has the energy of a 380. It certainly won't over penetrate. Most 147gr 9mm loads are sub sonic, they're cheaper and will penetrate sufficiently but not overly. I'd go 9mm.

Bad idea, a brace is assumed legal because the ATF has signed off on it. You could be arrested for something later deemed legal but still be on the hook for tons of money defending yourself plus the loss of freedom.

Speed is what causes wounds like this, not weight/size. A martini henry bullet is going half the speed of a 556.

I had an R1 a few years back as my first 1911. No problems but if I were to go back I would get a Springfield because they're still built from the series 70 design and don't have the additional firing pin safety. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either DESU though

Also DESU autocorrected to DESU for whatever reason...even though I spend time on the Chan's I've never used DESU so god knows how that happened.

baka desu senpai newfag

>martini Henry

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

You can not determine caliber from either an entry or exit wound

Yeah, but you can figure out the .22 caliber hole definitely wasn't a goddamn Martini Henry.

You stupid goddamn retard.

5.56. Size of the exit wound seals it. upset almost immediately and fragmented, only the core had enough gas to make it out the back
>Which is quieter,
probably the 5.56 when set up properly
>which overpenetrates less?
With a missed shot? the 5.56 almost certainly. However you may be hard pressed to find expanding SS 5.56 ammunition, and an icepicking SS 5.56 round will be more likely to overpenetrate a flesh and blood target than a expanding 9mm round.

As another guy who has no guns i strongly recommend this guys advice, it seems very well informed.

good to know, what's wrong with the series 80 design?

Yes
>PA

Keep in mind that field tip is only 100gr and most hunting heads are higher; if you can hit a target dead on from 25y under ideal conditions you need to get within less of that to verify a shit and a good kill.
It's not like this rambo shot where you can hit a perfect shot from 50y with an arrowhead you've never used before.
Practicing your draw and release is key and once you have that mastered(and it will take months if not years) and understand the trajectory and action of your release; then will you understand that shooting a deer at a range outside your proficiency is not only bad form but it's simply stupid.

You are showing your ignorance
Go research what happens when a bullet hits bone.

Well, for deer anyway

No for turkey
Yes for bear as long as its in a manual-action
No for small game, except woodchucks
No for any type of flyer

From a black powder greater than .50 caliber bullet? it flattens out.

Now go shoot a gun sometime instead of just talking about them on the internet.

Not that user but the idea that a low mass low velocity projectile would be able to do that is seated entirely in fantasy.

I do a lot of target shooting with an off the thumb longbow and I'm thinking about hunting. I've asked around and been told to look into something 50 and higher, but i'm wondering if anyone here has specific suggestions. Wood type, one they like, etc.

Wow 45 is such stopping power

You underestimate what the velocity would do.

The real world answer is if it's a range toy who cares, dont use it in a shooting

The technical answer is atf will say you constructed it with the intent of circumventing nfa law, whereas atf already 'agreed' that premade braces weren't doing so since you can't prove accidental vs purposeful misuse

Is it normal to have to drift backup iron sights almost all the way to the right in order to get a 25yd zero?
Would something like that mean I'm not aiming correctly or could the sights be bad in some way?

Also, would putting low profile fixed sights and trying to lower 1/3 cowitness them with a red dot be reasonable or should I stick with flip up sights if I'm going to be using a non-magnified optic?

Yes and what will the 556 do when it hits bone?You have no clue what you are talking about,

Remember the bullet passed through the skin first
The high velocity bullet will cause tissue tearing and fragmentation of those rib bones, it will create a larger than bullet diameter injury

AsReminds us the soft lead bullet will start to flatten out once it his the skin. The bullet will be larger than original diameter and it too will create a larger than diameter wound.

Don’t mind me, I’m just a forensic pathologist

I grouped 4 within 4" at 30 yards. I shot 1 Muzzy (100gr) and placed it in the same spot.

A deer's kill area is 10". I'd like to go out tomorrow. Should I keep shots within 30 yards? 20 yards? 5 yards?

I finally bought a Taurus Judge Meme Cannon. It was my very first gun that I bought that was not necessary. It's the 3" chamber 6.5" barrel. My problem is finding a holster. I'm looking for a cross draw left handed leather holster. I cannot find one anywhere. Please help me.
Pic related.

Attached: like item.jpg (650x268, 24K)

I understand exactly what you’re saying. But I don’t see a FMJ 556 breaking 2 ribs like it did in the OP pic. I don’t see how it could have.

When is the BREN 806 coming out in 762x39? I already have a 805 and I honestly think it’s the most underrated 556 on the market, I think it’d be neat to have 762 rifle that isn’t based on the AK.

Attached: F26D4D21-4653-4B3F-8C80-1B3CF9233272.jpg (4724x1997, 879K)

If you put 4" at 30y thats 8" at 60y.
Pretty wide MOA for a kill.
Without your hunting tip I would say you're

What will happen if I go deer hunting and shoot an animal with my mosin? Will the 7.62x54R just turn it into red mist? I would like to eat afterwards.

No. It’s pretty much the same ballistics as a 30-06 which is one of the most popular rounds for hunting. Now FMJ isn’t the most ideal but if you get a good shot it’ll work.

Has anyone ordered anything off of MidwayUSA? Are they worth ordering from? Looking to get a flash suppressor with a bayo lug for my M1a, they're the only ones I've found in stock and cheaper than surplus ones on gunbroker

Midway is top tier. Super fast shipping.

I'm trying to get some advice here as to where I stand on distance or whether I should not bother at all.

My gut tells me keep the distances under 25 yards. Can someone confirm or suggest otherwise?

Disappointing. Say I want soup, what round do I need to turn a deer into mist? From what I've heard, an Assault Rifle 15 ought to do the trick.

Midway USA is somewhat spendy but they are god tier in customer service and shipping. I've probably spent over $5,000 with them over my adult life and I've never, ever been dissatisfied. There were a few errors now and then but a call to them quickly resolves the problem and I always end up satisfied.

I don't own any dogs, and these guys seem to know what they're talking about.

yiff in hell, furfag

Not him and I know nothing about bows
But in my completely uninformed opinion you should keep it under 25yd

Definitely. I buy from midway even when they're slightly more expensive, just because shit will get here in a few days, versus most companies taking half a week just to get the order ready to ship, then shipping super slow. Highly recommend them.

I know this is bait, but here you go bud.

Fuddy-aught sux at about 30yds.

Attached: IMG_7354.jpg (2448x3264, 3.07M)

What are the advantages and disadvantages of an open red dot sight over a tube?

Attached: h510.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Are you in Quincy? That looks exactly like the targets at my range.

>Quincy
Mass? Naw, about 6 states away.
Still don't know where an ethical range is to stop when I bow hunt for the first time tomorrow should be.

Illinois.

I should shoot deer a whole state away? Da fuk, Jow Forums. I knew you were off, but this is too much.

>Just go to the grocery store to get me you fucking Hicks.
>get me
>me
Are you a deer user?

Attached: gmgadmhk9wwx.jpg (1024x683, 352K)

>dude... subsonic 5.56 is .22 with like 10 grains more of bullet weight

correctamundo

The magnification.

I want a laser for my AR, but, PEQ-15's are way out of my budget and just not what I need. What's a laser that is GTG? Just want it for home defense but would like it to be extremely durable like a Surefire flashlight.

nice

Fuck I wish I wouldve taken a picture of the doe I harvested with a .300 RUM VOR Tx 190 grain triple shocks a few years back, looked like a fucking basketball of an exit wound, hit the deer in the shoulder and blew the opposite side wide open.

No
>Wa

Is it true that you guys can't even bring a damn beagle along to follow a blood trail?

Pic related is a handgun my wife recently inherited from her grandfather. He mentioned to her not to fire it or it might blow up in her hand. It is stamped RG-42, .25ACP manufactured in Miami.

What is the deal with this thing? Safe to fire?

Attached: FAB2DDF2-8A9A-46D9-97D6-174EBE6C92CF.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

That was made by Rohm, which is infamous for producing some insanely shitty .22 revolvers. I don't know if it will explode, but I doubt it's any good and it's probably not worth anything either.

Yeah I found one at an auction online for $95 so I figured they weren’t worth much. I did some research online and they were notorious for breaking if shot regularly. There was a joke on some forums about the only ones still being in circulation are ones that stayed in sock drawers and were never shot.
I will probably do something for the wife like making a display case and putting it in there with his watch and some of his other things.

>5.56 ice picks like a motherfucker.
>5.56 is deflected by leaves.

You trolls are pathetic.
55gr. FMJ 5.56 fully penetrates 3/8" mild steel plate at 100 yards.
That MH will leave a dent.
5.56 is has it's purpose, but it's not deer hunting.

That wound is the MH. A 5.56 hitting a rib is not going to shatter sideways with enough power to take out an adjacent rib.

>haven't bought a gun in over a year
>Haven't shot a gun in months
>last time I shot clays for the first time with my maverick 88
>Decide to get an overunder when I can save enough money for a decent one
>get good job
>have a couple grand saved
>still haven't actually bought a gun or gun accessories despite looking at double-barrels, nifty handguns, boltgun chassis, and more

I'm just not as zealous about the hobby anymore, despite being in a better financial position to be into it than ever

oh, this was a blog post, not a question. Sorry. Should I buy a claythrower and shotgun to get back into shooting? should I wait out the winter since I'll probably use the cold as an excuse not to go out anyway?

Somehow I get the feeling that gun has some bodies attached to it. All of them meth'd out.

Shouldn't both of them be true 1x?

What gun gadgets would Jow Forums suggest for Christmas gifts for my brother?

Was the shot at any kind of angle?

I kinda wanna troll someday via using a .224 Valkyrie upper. Just because it says no projectiles smaller than .223

>5.56 is has it's purpose, but it's not deer hunting.
That depends on what load you're using, user. I used to agree with you, but I've seen too many pictures of happy Texans with AR-15's and piles of unprocessed BBQ.

Attached: 223 75 grain TAP on big hog.jpg (337x525, 72K)

Posted in PRG but they sent me away

youtu.be/pJL-IscH_jo [Open] [Open]

I want my ar 15 with a 20" faxon gunner barrel and carbine lower to be able to go through a gun fight and stay just as accurate and precise. Is this fudd the wisdom to do so?

Loctiting the barrel and barrel nut?

Attached: BushmasterAR152.jpg (800x600, 50K)

What are all these lines btw

Attached: Screenshot_20181110-232713_Chrome.jpg (1440x1033, 368K)

Does Wolf make .45 ACP ammo like this, with the lacquer and sealant?

I'm looking for a rifle in a hipster caliber for durr or possibly elk/piggu. What's the consensus on 6.5 Creedmoor? I've been hunting with 25-06 for years, and I hear it has similar ballistics.

Has any else put a rail/mount on their ak's side rail and have it look like it points downward into the gas block?

I just installed an AK master mount, so there is no real way to adjust it, but it just looks wrong. Is this something I can correct with an adjustable mount or am I simply screwed for optics mounting?

Attached: 1519910976159.jpg (360x361, 22K)

Access panels.
Just think of how many miles of wiring and hoses are inside a fighter jet. All wrapped up as tight as possible inside the airframe. You can't just crawl through from one end to the other like a Jeffrey's tube.
Jagged edges reduce radar reflection.

.50 Beowulf.
6.5 is a little weak for elk or 600+ pound hogs (fairly common in my area)