What would make a better weapon?

alumium bat or wooden bat?

Attached: 1200-177231632-aluminum-and-wooden-bats.jpg (1200x1161, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kvvJYVL7Bpk
youtube.com/watch?v=kyKjhX40i2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a gun, an axe, a sword

I would think metal > wood.

Then again, it's harder to sharpen the metal into a point for stabbing.

So idk.

My first reaction is to say the wooden bat because it's heavier and could inflict more damage however an aluminum bat would be easier to maneuver and carry for long periods of time. I think you'd be better off with the wooden one though. Especially considering you can pound nails into it and attach barbed wire for an added bonus.

which is easier to throw

Attached: 1459427308423.jpg (600x464, 54K)

Metal bats have been proven to be more dangerous in little league play. I'd go with metal.

The wooden one could break, and it's actually softer than the aluminum bat. the aluminum bat is light so it can be swung faster, and it's harder so it will deal a lot more damage.

And the aluminum one is going to have a little more elasticity for harder hitting.

A gun.

Wood because it allows you to use attachments

Attached: the-rat-stick-freestyle-list-photo-u1.jpg (650x488, 38K)

> throwing it

that isn't how you use a bludgeoning weapon, you use it to break your enemies bones.

>he doesn't have metal working tools
WTF? user why don't you have a TIG welder?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x750, 65K)

>sharpening a bludgeoning weapon

user, yo don't use a club to stab, you use it to break bones. Stab an enemy and if you don't kill them they will keep coming at you. Break their leg, arms or skull and they will be physically incapable of attacking you.

fine, a big wooden one for smashing and a quiver of smaller metal bats for throwing

I need to make my own gym equipment out of Home Depot 2x4s fag, I don't got a lot of money

Home depot has TIG welders

Attached: tig welder.png (1329x537, 297K)

>yo don't use a club to stab, you use it to break bones

Multiple capabilities are always a nice thing to have though, no?

You can sharpen a point and still have material left for a bludgeoning swing. Ooo, or you can attach the bat to a blade as a sort of spear-like point. Which would also be easier to do with a wooden bat and hand tools. Though does have a point about welding, though one would need to, know how to weld.

Metal would hold up longer, wood would have more options with simple tooling.

Aluminum bats are lighter and might dent but won't break on you. Moreover, because of its lighter weight it can accelerate faster and hit harder. There's a reason they're not allowed in the in MLB

Aluminum. Can’t bash a skull in with a wooden bat

you can swing an aluminum bat faster since its lighter, the additional speed is better than additional weight

I've heard aluminum bats tend to bend and wooden bats are more solid for this but I dont actually know

>$250 welding machine
nigga

Aluminum because you can cut off one side of the bat and fill it up with melted aluminum cans and then weld it back up. But wood is good if you want to stick nails and stuff into it.

That's like, half a week's pay for a pretty decent machine that (if you don't fuck it up) should last as long as you're electricity bill payments.

Ceramic bat with a plastic frame, to get past metal detectors at the airport

>250 is half a weeks pay

wait how poor are you?

Amazon has a few for under $100.

Wood it solid, but the aluminum is hollow

> augmenting the metal bat

it's like you don't even want to be ready to decapitate large animals at a moment's notice.

Attached: DSC00812.jpg (1600x1200, 370K)

Aluminum has higher velocity. Wood has more stopping power.

Rattan

>$100 machine
double nigga. you really can't cheap out on welding machines.

I bought one second hand for $50, came with a full spool of flux core already inside.

Welds good, if messy. I use it to spot things in place so I can take them to someone who’s actually good.

For that price I guess it's worth it if it strikes an arc at all.

just drill a hole in the end and fill it with dirt or sand and recap it
no need to overcomplicate things

Drill a hole in the aluminum one and fill it with concrete

I looked up aluminum bats for shits and giggles and they range from $30 youth bats to $250 college ones.

What weight and length would be best you think? I would almost say youth size If you plan on bashing friends of greater melatonin in a house hallways.

Metal is more springy so it would have a more elastic impact. Metal bats are also lighter, so faster, but harder to modify without good power tools. Wood has more stopping power and won't set off metal detectors, and can be modified somewhat easier, but is fairly slow.

Aluminium, if only for police-records posterity and media fame.
youtube.com/watch?v=kvvJYVL7Bpk

I know that the British had a preference for the aluminum ones during their 2011 riots.

Id go with wood. Aluminum bats are relatively thin walled and once hit wrong, youve basically destroyed the bat. Wood should last longer

Wood.

Metal ones hurt a lot less. Case in point:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyKjhX40i2c
If those retards took that kind of hit from a wood bat, they wouldn't still be standing. Anyone who says metal has never actually hit someone with a baseball bat. Anyone saying they are lighter does not understand how a bludgeoning weapon works. Also this:
Once you get a good solid hit in, aluminum bat is pretty much done.

2nd this. all the benefits of a wooden bat without the fragility.

And then you've got a really cumbersome weapon to swing around.
>inb4 armlet

Grug no like shiny twig grug want tree twig

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 38K)

This is stupid because those spikes can get stuck and defeat the purpose of the blunt weapon
Look at real life club weapons and see how they are designed

Bahaha TING........TING..........TING

The correct answer is wood. If you want something metal, you buy (or fabricate) a mace, such as a bar mace.

Attached: BAR MACE.jpg (650x252, 91K)

Wood, if its gnarled and ragged. Catch someone in the face with the end of it, not only will you break an orbital but it'll cut the shit out of them and leave splinters. Bonus points if you crack it and burst wooden shrapnel in the eyes and face of your assailant.

Oh my god, that looks so fucking painful

not the same user, but I made $82 on my last paycheck

>take metal bat
>take off end cap
>secure in place a weight or two on the inside
>close cap, secure shut
>???
>profit

what is the benefit of such a thing over a normal flanged mace with more of the mass centered at the head? using this dumbass design is like conceding from the start that you will consistently mis-range your swings.

It has more mass, so there's more of a sweet spot. It may not be as concentrated, but when your club is almost 5 pounds instead of 1-2, a glancing blow can still be devastating to a soft target (assuming that you have the strength to wield it effectively). It's more 'clumsy', and it'd be harder to recover from an errant swing, but those are the trade-offs to any purpose-built weapon.

If you ever overshoot with a top-heavy mace and hit something/someone, the handle in your hand will try to take some of that energy forward. It's not pleasant and you risk losing your grip. The only thing you can control if your own weapon, but that doesn't mean whatever you are hitting will let things go your way.

Maybe my math is off. I make $11.35/hr, work for 9 hours five days a week:
11.35 x 9 = 102.15
102.15 x 5 (work days) = $510.75

terrible show and even more terrible weapon

This. Thankyou for posting tgat fine example.
The above example does both.

Wood rots, it breaks, it’s heavy, and degrades over time. Aluminum is space age, light, durable, and will still be functional 300 years from now.

Adding anything extra to a baseball bat does more harm than good, literally is just for show.

Attached: 1536498917020.jpg (1200x1600, 270K)

Anyone in this thread saying wood is a fucking retard.

full carbon fiber
>doesn't trigger metal detectors
>lightweight for fast swings
>fashionable and tacticool

>9
carbon fiber is a covering. It's weak as shit by itself.

Sporting equipment is for games, use tools.

Attached: klein-tools-chisels-3241-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 11K)

Those spikes look like door stops ground into points and attached somehow to the bat. Nice DIY.

Attached: FB_IMG_1507844694617.jpg (927x555, 56K)

I'm surprised they didn't charge the store owner with aggravated assault.

Can't weld aluminum with a home depot welder. You need AC tig ($1k+ starting)