AR thread AR General /arg/ Trip Containment Development Group

The Muzzle Rises Edition

Old

Attached: 20181110_143316.jpg (1913x1425, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

magpul.com/products/qdm
bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-QD-Stainless-Steel-Sling-Swivel-Quick-Detach-p/bcm-qdsss-1.htm
amazon.com/MidTen-Micro-Sight-Reflex-Rifle/dp/B0794Z2HL9/ref=pd_day0_hl_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0794Z2HL9&pd_rd_r=25681d0e-e529-11e8-9e03-7541b2e57237&pd_rd_w=l4kkU&pd_rd_wg=7A54I&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=8MQPC48G7P958ZQ9QDS6&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=8MQPC48G7P958ZQ9QDS6
kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/ar15-9mm-buffer-long-heavy
kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/ar15-9mm-buffer-long
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Take your inspired garbage and GTFO of CRA you faget.

>male secretary edition

Who makes good QD sling swivels? I was all set to get Midwest Industries HD swivels, but it sounds like they're carbon steel w/ phosphate finish (i.e. will rust).

Should I get those, or perhaps the Magpul QDM (melonite)
>magpul.com/products/qdm

or BCM Stainless QD
>bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-QD-Stainless-Steel-Sling-Swivel-Quick-Detach-p/bcm-qdsss-1.htm

Attached: qdSling.jpg (1000x667, 128K)

Oh sure thing babe, I will do that right now =]

I went with Ferro Concepts just because I also got the sling from them.

I purchased pic related M&P500 Sport II for $500 and I was wondering if I should invest money into this thing, or save and get a better rifle. I dont know how this compares to other ARs if this is good or bad. I have shot 100 rounds on it in one afternoon with my friends. I have a TruGlo red dot sight which I got at a yard sale and seems fine.

Basically I am curious to know if this is a quality rifle or should I save and get a better rifle? I am a califag so I dont even think I can legally buy a quality AR anymore. So I would probably get an M1A or a Beretta 92FS pistol.

Attached: 02E70D8D-38DB-4671-AC9C-A96D66E6705B.jpg (1500x850, 159K)

The sports are fine. You won't get crazy performance like SUB QUARTER MOA AT A MILE but you'd need to spend 3 grand for that stuff and you'll never need that feature anyway. If you're in Cali just invest in what you got.

I just want to be able to defend my family and home if there is economic collapse and shit gets crazy. Do you think the current load out on that AR is satisfactory? Are the people who customize their ARs just doing that as a hobby? I am not super into guns but I come to Jow Forums for general advice. I can’t imagine spending lots of money to customize this thing as long as it puts rounds on target

CRA needs a purge and some mods with a fucking spine.

Attached: 20181109_215032.jpg (2560x950, 1.21M)

Also does anyone recommend getting body armor? I know its not AR related but I am curious as an average joe do you think I would ever need it? I like the idea of a 30 lb vest to do pullups and pushups with, but is it worth $200+ to have just in case?

upgrade your red dot to an aimpoint pro, get a tactical sling that allows you to sling your gun in front of your body (way of the gun sling is a good choice that isn't to expensive and doesn't need extra hardware to work), and get a nice collection of magazines

A sling, and light are pretty damn important for a gun you trust to defend your life with in that kind of scenario (SHTF)
An optic like a red dot makes aiming a hell of a lot faster.
But if you are going to skimp on an optic and/or light, dont even bother.

Get an Aimpoint PRO red dot for 3-400 bucks and a Surefire M series scout light.
Sling, Optic, Light.
With all three your rifle will be a much better tool and you'll have a leg up on anyone that doesnt have these. (Not so much a sling but they are very important if you have to carry your rifle for any length of time)

Between arfcom, the various CRA's and offshoot EE message boards, the knowledge base and focus of the community just feels splintered. I'm hoping that wen CloneRifles gets their site online it can become the central resource for reliable info and hassle free trading. Until then we have just have to deal with fags like SCC running amuck.

I purchased body armor this time last year, vendors often have great Black Friday deals.

I've noticed "bad guys" are wearing armor more frequently these days. The Dallas police shootings and that Texas church shooting, for example, both had perps in rifle plates. In Dallas, the shooter was hit at least once, in the back, by police and all it did was let him know there were cops behind him (who he then shot).

I felt I'd be at a disadvantage without armor, and it's pretty affordable these days. Like everything, it's a compromise and will reduce your mobility. You'll need to train with it, otherwise the weight and bulk will be a larger hinderance.

Attached: dallas_shootout.webm (994x560, 573K)

Superior (yes, even to my BCMs)

Attached: 20181106_092648.jpg (2560x1440, 1.35M)

Aimpoint pro huh? I will look into it, and a good light does make sense to need. And yeah I am working on getting a sling as well. Thanks anons!

aimpoint pro is overpriced for what it is
get a midten (holosun OEM)
amazon.com/MidTen-Micro-Sight-Reflex-Rifle/dp/B0794Z2HL9/ref=pd_day0_hl_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0794Z2HL9&pd_rd_r=25681d0e-e529-11e8-9e03-7541b2e57237&pd_rd_w=l4kkU&pd_rd_wg=7A54I&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=8MQPC48G7P958ZQ9QDS6&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=8MQPC48G7P958ZQ9QDS6

and a streamlight protac, its gtg and at a fraction of the cost of a $300 surefire.

So hilarious watching you guys bitch and moan at my presence, sorry to hurt your feefee so much

Why don't you go post your shit in /akg/? I'm sure they'd be just as accommodating seeing how your rifle is as much a clone as it is an AK.

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 40K)

100% don't listen to this guy, stay away from chinese red dots

Never ever ever choose a Chinese optic over Aimpoint.
That's the dumbest shit ever

no

Squid laying down the gauntlet in here

We don't want him either fuck off

What's the lowest price for aero m4e1 lowers and m5 lowers?

If building a larue upper kit in .308 or 6.5 CM, would the aero lower be better or a PSA lower be better?

I'd use an M5 over PSA easy.

Anyone here build a 9mm PCC? What lowers have reliable LRBHO and what buffer weight/spring should I use? I haven't been able to find a definitive guide yet.

Attached: udp9-ballistic-barrell.jpg (1507x1155, 152K)

if hes on a budget holosun,vortex and sig romeo are chinese optics that work, midten is the OEM for all of them.

I didn't think 308 psa recievers interchanged with any other brand?

This light is meh.

Attached: IMG_20181102_003150102~2.jpg (1978x4379, 1.15M)

We're talking about optics to trust your life to. Not range toy optics.
Some of us value our lives more than Chinese crap.
The PRO is way more proven than any of what you listed.

Attached: working-Aimpoint-Fire-web-670x412.jpg (670x412, 82K)

Which model

No? Why not? You're the one that's so thirsty for attention, cross posting this garbage here, le reddit, and every inappropriate facebook group you can find. Maybe if your AR "clone" wasn't such a heap of flaming garbage you wouldn't be so desperate for validation.

you dont trust your life to an optic but the rifle, thats why you have BUIS. for CQC such as a home invasion hipfiring can get the job done without aiming.

>fuckhuge picture
>completely out of focus
kys fatass

Attached: how can you live with yourself.jpg (610x880, 98K)

If you trust Chinesium to be as durable as Aimpoint, go ahead and take that chance.
But its fucked up to suggest other people to do it as well family.

the optic is not an extension of your rifle, it's an extension of your eyes

>just hipfire it guize
I can't believe I'm arguing with a retarded person

Dont be an idiot.
If the gun is intended to have even a chance to see combat, you should be able to say you trust every component on the rifle.

Dude, stfu seriously. The reliability of your aiming device is as important as the reliability of the rifle it's on.

Given the home invasion you described, do you think an intruder is going to pause to give you time to flip up your buis when your chinkshit optic fails? Fuck no.

Attached: 14.5 & 92.jpg (1620x900, 802K)

nice ash clone.

nice ash clone.

nice ash response

Exactly. Failed optics waste time and get in the way.
A failed light could be just as shitty.
That motherfucker is suggesting Chinese optics over Aimpoint and Streamlight over Surefire? Fucking christ.

nice ash clones.

to be fair holosun and primary arms are chinese optics that are reliable, also streamlight protacs are gtg.

nice OC response clone.

>justasgood
>justasgood
>justasgood
Its killing my soul

Attached: e68.jpg (665x662, 184K)

/justasgood/ posting at it's finest. I saw firsthand how tough real quality gear is when we had guys hit by ieds. The acogs, aimpoints, and surefires mounted to the rifles often fared better in the blast than the Marine himself did. All 3 of the streamlight handhelds I brought with failed from light to moderate use.

Cheap shit is just that, cheap shit.

>he fell for WGWS ELW shilling
oof,you know he gets paid to shill the ELW since its BCM least sold item, right? enjoy your POI shift and 3 MOA after a few mags.

What is an ash clone

I doubt that guy and anyone here will be driving over IEDs any time soon

well what magazines do you plan on using ?

>when you ordered to many lower receivers and forgot about getting a couple buffer tubes as well
first world problems, amirite guys ?

Glock since I already have a 17. I already know about the differences there. There just seems to be a real lack of info on building AR PCCs even on popular gun forums.

>wgws shilling
I get that a lot. However, I had that barrel spec'd for this build before I came back to /arg/.
>least sold item
I doubt it. Post proofs (I know you can't).
>POI shift & 3moa
I've had nothing but experience to the contrary. Do you have much time using an ELW barrel, or is user talking out his ass again?

>driving
Walking, but sure. The takeaway from is that surefires survived explosions while my streamlights died from some dust.

Attached: 172344_1589095089264_4560043_o.jpg (2048x1365, 632K)

well what do you want to know ?

Attached: 20180825_134656.jpg (1920x1080, 575K)

So much consternation on the weekend.

Attached: 20180827_161321_HDR-1.jpg (3437x1455, 1.33M)

Is that burt?

neck urself faget

Attached: fat worthless fuck.jpg (1536x2048, 170K)

ask gman on arfcom (works for BCM) ELW and lightweight profile uppers and barrels are the least sold since only a few people look for a lighter weight barrel, had one a year ago after rapid firing 3 mags for a class it open up and shifted, finished the class with a gov profile. sold the BFH ELW after that.

My primary concern is with last round bolt hold open. From what I've read, very few 9mm lowers have this and those that do have tendency to get sheared off. I've also heard mixed things about what buffer and recoil springs to use for reliability.

>neck urself faget
hows he supposed to do that, renting a crane?

Who that? Also where is your AR?

holy shit you're fat

buffer weight decides how fast your gun cycles

as well as recoil

rpm is not gonna be an issue for a semi auto rifle
so you want the buffer weight as heavy as necessary for the buffer not to impact the rear of the buffer tube

for a full auto gun you want it heavy as fuck so the cyclic rate won't go through the roof

usually I just put a RRA 9mm buffer in and that's it

>renting a crane
If that's what it takes.

It's you, Jabba. Stop pretending it isn't.

Ok, its me. So where is your AR?

I wasn't sure and haven't been able to figure it out

Attached: 1530179366622.jpg (962x962, 467K)

Is something like this overkill?
kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/ar15-9mm-buffer-long-heavy

it was tried once, crane didnt make it.

Attached: cancau1.jpg (690x456, 207K)

>go to arfcom
Never.

Your anecdote is contrary to my anecdotal experiences with the BFH ELW. Any other evidence to submit?

that's way too heavy if you don't have a full auto receiver

a 10oz buffer is used in 45ACP blowback ARs for example
5-5.5oz is the correct weight for commercial ammo

YOU FUCKING ATE IT, YOU DISGUSTINGLY OBESE PIECE OF SHIT

He's such a failure he even fucks up suicide. Also, poor crane. It deserved better.

Goddamnit Ash, fat worthless piles of shit like you are why I want western civ to collapse. Things like you are fucking unnatural and should not even be alive.

you barely got yours and I bet youve had it for few months tops, I got mine when they just came out and sold it a year ago, had mine for 2 years, if you shoot like 100 rounds a year theyll be fine but if youre running classes with it, youll see the downside. why do you think LW profiles arent very common? nobody is going to sacrifice durability over a few ounces off theyre rifle, sorry but you got memed by WGWS

What about this for shooting hotter 9mm rounds? Would the extended buffer have any benefit? kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/ar15-9mm-buffer-long

Is there any reason to check the headspace on an AR when swapping BCGs?

the extended buffer doesn't do shit for recoil
it only helps with bolt catch issues

weight is what determines the felt recoil

So no ARs?

>it only helps with bolt catch issues
That's my primary concern. Will that make it less likely to shear the bolt catch?

I've had my ELW for a year, and it's fired ~1500rds. I don't ever magdump with it and "classes" don't interest me as most of them are a joke. I don't see a downside to having a handy, lightweight 14.5".
>memed by wgws
Again, I bought this before I ever knew who he was.

I post my rifles here nearly daily. If you can still see your monitor through the folds of fat hanging off your forehead, guess which ones are mine. Fatass.

hey dumbass quit making new threads before the old one hits the bump limit, holy fuck you're stupid no wonder why no likes you and your banned from the discord

Attached: 1441941690684.png (602x385, 363K)

Are you using good barrels and bcgs?

probably, eh who cares

I've been running 30k rounds in my 9mm AR with a "too-short" RRA buffer and it still works

I think so? I'm not sure what would be considered "not good" around here. I'm just wondering because I've built several rifles and never bothered checking headspace, just slapped in whatever BCG I had laying around at the time and they all worked.

What do you guys think of the C8 IUR? I want to buy my buddy’s IUR, even if it feels a touch front-heavy.

Attached: 48DE714C-4488-4B35-AC73-D3A01100E204.jpg (1024x553, 113K)

Which one?

There shouldn't be unless you're buying out of spec parts

Canadian/10

Attached: 1541030396835m.jpg (575x1024, 65K)

Used aero for my m5 build. Lowers from aero are between $150-190. Might be less with sales going on

Bumping

Also, should I get an Aimpoint or ACOG for my 11.5" AR pistol, and which model?

Aimpoint comp m5s

Attached: 15F6B913-5A90-409E-B8E6-0269F3DA8934.jpg (4032x2375, 2.88M)

Attached: 7C7E6295-C4A9-49CE-AA07-5276FFC0F2B0-440x457.jpg (440x457, 45K)

Aimpoint, no point for an ACOG with that short of barrel.

Anybody else rockin hs510c? Lovin mine!

Attached: IMG_20181108_132034282~01.jpg (1080x1920, 407K)

Ruger AR-556 bought brand new for a song. Primary Arms illuminated 1:4x optic. Aero optic mount. I know this doesn’t compete with some of the other rifles posted here but she’s mine. Ordered her immediately after a too close election result where I live - have had only AR9s and pistols previously.

Going to put a magpul foregrip on when it comes in buy otherwise gonna leave it pretty stock

Attached: p5z8tp74okx11.jpg (3989x1777, 530K)

No thanks

Any way to adjust this scope to be able to see with the stock extended? DDm4V11 with Alcor Arms 4x32 scope.

Attached: cJ2v3Qe.jpg (2419x3226, 705K)

What does /arg/ think about preban daewoo k2's?