I have a pump action shotgun that jams if I pump it too fast. Is this normal?

I have a pump action shotgun that jams if I pump it too fast. Is this normal?

Attached: 1541819059328.jpg (480x602, 66K)

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Yes

are you sure you aren't shortstroking it?

It’s most likely this.

Clean your shot gun
Take it apart and clean it.

The malfunction looks like this. The pump won't go forward. I back the pump up, then push forward again, and it feeds fine

Attached: 20181106_222322~2.jpg (3120x3621, 1.83M)

Already did that

Try making sure you're pumping the pump all the way back before moving it forward again. It needs to be all the back for the shell to rest on the lifter before you can move the pump forward and chamber it. You're pumping too fast and not far enough. Don't shoot your wall while you figure it out.

Okay. The most annoying part is that it works perfectly with snap caps, but will jam with the real thing

is it working now?

Are the snap caps shorter?

I am speechless.
OP has legit question about firearms.
Everyone is acting nice and helping him.
Never thought I live to see the day.

the man's an absolute fucking retard, it's not nice to kick people while they're down

OP is fucking with live shells. I feel an nd coming on.

I'm not

You're short stroking it. You're likely going too fast for your skill/experience level and you don't actuate the action to it's full range of motion. Pumping the action short will cause the jam you mention. It's less prevelant with shorter rounds which is why your snap caps don't have the issue

No. When I pump the shotgun, the catch releases a shell onto the lifter, but the shell will sometimes bounce, and end up on a diagonal. The bolt will end up not catching the edge of the shotshell rim, and the jam will occur. Pic related

Attached: jam.jpg (2880x1251, 97K)

what brand shotty? THis shouldn't happen in Remington/Mossbergs.

you're short stroking it dude

You can shortstroke any pumpshotgun

Are you sure? I was trying to be as fast and firm as I could?

Thats wrong. Forget about speed. Go hard harsh and deliberate.

Mossbergs have more feed issues than 870 desu. Combo of elevator design, loose action bars

Some meme turkish brand

Mossberg and remington can both be short stroked.

Pardner pump? Better 870 than the 870, fine gun.

ouch, turkish brands have all kinds of issues, and all of the other brands could be short stroked, but, its easier to do with brands that have the potential for QC issues.

Also turk-roaches.

My piece of shit New Haven doesn't extract half the time. At least you can just pump harder

my dick breaks when i beat it too hard so yes probabaly.

I find it the other way around. The Mossberg has an elevator that is actuated by the action bars and the Remington uses a spring. If the elevator is poorly fitted on a Mossberg, the action experiences extra drag, but still functions as intended. On a Remington, it will fail to feed shells, especially when the action is cycled quickly.