WASR general

What is an acceptable price range for WASRs now adays?

I see them around for 700 but I know they used to be cheaper. Anyone remeber these days and their prices?

Attached: FC64A0C8-EF12-49C1-A7FB-62C15FEEE686.jpg (647x414, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357260
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359533
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mid 600-700 is average now. Cheap good AKs have been gone for a while

Yes

Acceptable price is $300-400
Actual price is $600-700

This isn't 2007. You want a decent AK, you're going to pay 6-700 for the gun, and another 50-150 for decent furniture to replace century balsa wood and Pmags. Scour Armslist for some decent deals. I found a GP WASR with 7 mags and 500 rounds for 500 bucks. Now is a good time to look because people need Christmas money.

Is it worth picking one up new or should I save 100-150 with an older one?
Are arsenals or the new polish ones worth a few hundred extra?

>Acceptable price is $300-400
Hello friend are you aware that expecting an imported AK to remain the same price as it was a decade ago following the political and economic turmoil that has thrown the gun market into chaos since then is sisterfuckingly stupid?

They did use to be cheaper. I bought mine like 2 weeks before Sandy Hook and it was somewhere between like $480-$520. You can't really find any under $650 anymore. I mean it could be worse but yeah $700 is what you have to expect and deal with in the current year. Probably not going to get better as time goes on. Honestly it will probably only get worse so if you are looking to get one I would say suck it up and get it now rather than saying in 2024 "What is an acceptable price range for WASRs nowadays? I see them around for $1,100 but I know they used to be cheaper. Anyone remember these days and their prices?"

This.

Damn. I bought one right before trump got elected for like 625. And that was only because I felt bad for missing out on one I saw for 500.
AK's are a 300 dollar peasant gun how did it come to this?

I just bought one on Gunbroker for 480$

Attached: 143E3F3E-2F39-4461-B444-63FE4852DB9A.png (1125x2001, 2.16M)

$539 last year. They come into the country in batches every couple months. When they’re plentiful, the prices come down. When they’re scarce, you’ll be paying more.

I got mine about 6 years ago for $500 shipped from Cheaper than Dirt, because I was 18 and an idiot and knew nothing about AK's back then. Still love it though, never given me a single problem or malfunction.

Attached: GP 1975.jpg (3000x2000, 2.71M)

They seem to be around $650700 now. Is this a scarce price or a plentiful price these days? I haven't followed the import schedule of them.

$650-700, I mean.
Also is it true that the furniture they come with out of the box is trash?

I just bought one from Atlantic Firearms for 700.

Yes

they arn't though

>ak's require a skilled workman to forged and machine trunnions and bolts
>ar's require some dude to program a cnc and watch BLACKED.com while eating nachos

because america has little skilled labor the way ar's are made are optimized for it, it's why traditional gunsmithing is dying in america

literally any furniture set on the internet is better than the fucking plywood they send you

Which wasrs are shit? I know some were converted from single stacks. And what about new ones that arent made from surplus kits, are they just as good?

literally all of them are converted single stacks

Every AK in the US after 1989 is single stack due to import laws, only difference is after the AWB they convert to double stack and add an also imported regular bolt while in the US

500 is a fair price, but what happened to mosins is happening to entry level Ak's. Go ahead and get a nicer one - like an Npap - that'll probably run you ~600 b/c boomers havent caught on to the fad yet

>bakelite
mfw

Attached: kojvhe.jpg (1144x643, 61K)

that i didnt know. i know that not all wasrs are the same but wasnt there some year or batch that was particularly bad?

Tell us about how you won't pay more than 30 for a Garand next, Grandpa.

>CAI
Say goodbye to your fingers friend!

Bakes are love annon

Attached: 20180829_153105.jpg (3264x2448, 2.55M)

i woudlnt do over $450 for one, if you are going to spend $500+ get an SKS, much better build quality

Don't they import all WASRs? They're still made in Romania.

That’s the scarce price, and yes, you’ll want to replace the furniture. Fortunately the shit it comes with will come off really easily. I think if you watch gun.deals for 2 months, you’ll find them available for $550-579 for sure. New production is slightly more desirable than old production, but build quality is still a little iffy. The sight post will probably be a little canted, BUT it will come zeroed from the factory, so it’s an aesthetic thing only.

how do you replace the handguards without riveting equipment to seal it back up again?

Do a Youtube search. It's really easy to replace the handguards and you don't need any special tools. If you have a toolkit (it should come with every WASR), there should even be a tool that makes it easier.

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357260

Daily reminder for wasrfags.

Daily reminder that posting this total nonissue shitpost time and time again will not make it relevant.

just make sure CAI weren't very drunk when they reopened the magwell.

In for the poorfag rage and denial

>short magazine catch that causes failure to feeds and a rak 1 hammer that destroys bolt carriers is a non issue
wew

Where is the best place to cop steel lipped, polymer mags that aren't $100 a peice? Is no one making these things anymore?

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359533

>b-but this is an isolated incident

>it's why traditional gunsmithing is dying in america
There is a local gun shop that claims to have "gunsmithing services" but when I went in to talk about getting a barrel chopped they guy didnt know jack shit and all he really did was assemble ARs

"aah, 2005 those were the days"
*sips*

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-013240_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 193K)

>canted ironsights
>shit furniture
>headspace issues
>cheap steel
Wasrs are a meme, enough poor fags bought them and told everyone they were great that /noguns/ believes it. Stay away op. If you already have one quit lying to yourself and admit you got fucked