/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
He Would've Been 99 Today Edition
>Thread #714

Old thread here

Attached: 1387816421239.png (1063x1191, 2.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291536
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Mikhail was cool for a commie, still a good thing he died.

Attached: image0.jpg (500x522, 19K)

Jow Forums was a sad place when he died

Do you guys prefer fixed or folding stocks for hard use?

Gonna panic buy an IZ108 next paycheck if all goes well, gonna make my dream SBS
>Dreams do come true lads
Can someone give me a run down on triangle folders, like what's the best place to buy an assembly, are the any advantages to 5.5mm over 4.5mm, are some folders better than others, etc?

If you get 4.5mm itll be half the price, but as often as not youll get some chinkshit clone thatll break in a year or 2, even if you supposedly buy from a reputable source
>Rifle dynamics admittedly uses knockoff chinkshit triangle folders to save money and they break all the fucking time
5.5 is real current russian mil issue and will cost an arm and a leg, never heard of anyone breaking one
>300$ dollaroos for a folding stock

Eh price isnt much of an object. Im gonna convert the fixed trunnion to a folding one after all. I've been looking for a saiga with a ribbed sight for the better part of 2 years, so I'm gonna make it how I want it

Thinking about getting a 4X POSP or a Ruskie/Venezuelan red dot for my rifle. They look aesthetic but don't know if anyone can give me a quick rundown on the quality and functionality of these older optics. Maybe a Russian Kobra.

Attached: wew.jpg (821x1024, 186K)

Then get a 5.5mm triangle folder.

Then itll be a psuedo ak100 and worth a lot more.

Gonna assume the files is the best place to shop for one, right?

Its your looking for 5.5 anywhere where you get one will be good, you need the folder and trunion both, and the files does have them.

Theres even a guy who will get you a 5.5 mm trunion and poly folding stock straight from Russia, thats a pretty good source.

He sells both poly and triangle stocks in that thread, the triangle stock has a bunch of pads on it in the pic.

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291536

A Kobra or A PK will work just like any other red dot just with shitty battery life

no im retarded, just look through that listing, he has everything, even a full complete back end of a folder for sale.

I see what you're talking about with #50, but would #38 work? I really dont like or need a polymer stock
Sorry for being retarded, I know fuck all about folders

Or #22, forgot to ask
Thanks for the listing. Really convenient

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

22 is the wrong trunion, 38 is the right trunion, but I actually dont think he sells a 5.5 triangle stock.

Attached: MVIMG_20180124_161247.jpg (2016x1229, 1.93M)

>15lbs of useless bullshit
Reminder the only people who use zenitco are mallninjas, not even the russians think its good.

Eh that's okay thanks for the help friendo

Imagine being this poor

Attached: Vudu outside.jpg (960x419, 123K)

>he doesnt like my rifle
>its just because he cant afford it
Pretty weak rhetoric

But it's not wrong

>mallninjas only defense is how expensive his poor decisions are
Typical.

Attached: download.jpg (248x205, 9K)

>poorfags think they're bigbrained for saying the only defense to rifle upgrades is cost

Attached: AK reload.1.webm (1920x1080, 1.29M)

>upgrades

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

Russians use 20$ red dots and TWS doglegs, they dont know shit.

Given the option between 20$ reddots, tws doglegs, and 14lbs of mallninja garbage, they not surprisingly choose the stuff thats light and actually works.

>my wood is fine!
>i just don't need it!
>it's not because i don't shoot and can't afford it!

There's plenty of zenitco in service, it's just expensive for them so you see Amazontier shit a lot more

Attached: Mag kick.1.webm (1920x1080, 2.56M)

>actually works
>TWS dogleg
ah this is bait

>Zenitco which is only expensive for us because its made in russia, is somehow more expensive in russia, than stuff that would be dirt cheap for us, but would be ridiculously expensice over there since it has to get from the us into russia somehow.

Hmmmmm.

Also I really appreciate that tacticool magflip, then the 3 seconds it takes to get a new mag in, even though to stopped everything to do it.

You can literally go check the prices for Zenitco parts in Russia, they're the same we pay here except Russians make a fraction of the US median income
>2 seconds to get a new mag in, rack the charging handle, and get the gun back in my shoulder
Yea man it ain't too bad, faster than you for sure
>magflip
>on an ak
Retard spotted

Attached: Kneeling reload no sound.webm (1920x1080, 1.45M)

>Butthurt over shitty reload
>Post another just to feel better
Yeah, Im sure russian spec ops pay for thier own garbo equipment to bolt on their guns you fucking queer.

>russian spec ops pay for thier own garbo equipment
They do

That reload was kinda shit tho.

t. no reload videos
And you're fucking retarded if you think zenit isn't widespread throughout the Russian military and even into surrounding countries

Most of em that day were, I'm trying to retrain how I do my AK ones. But they're infinitely faster than poorfags who don't shoot

Attached: zenit and strela.jpg (540x692, 88K)

>I'm trying to retrain how I do my AK ones
How so?

Thats false.
>zenit isn't widespread throughout the Russian military
literally the only people who use them are mallninjas like you.

Do they not use zenitco because its expensive or do they use it all the time?

Can't have it both ways user.

>mallninja
>actually using his shit for something
You really are a booty blasted poorfag

Attached: 1536459166385.png (275x255, 157K)

Instead of grabbing them, releasing with thumb then dropping I'm simply shoving them forward with my entire hand which is a good deal faster and easier
Then instead of tucking the stock under my shoulder to rock in I'm trying to keep it up and do everything there like I do with the AUG

>wah everyone i don't like is a mallninja

Nowhere did I say they don't use it, I said it's also expensive for them. These statements are not mutually exclusive and it's plenty easy to look for zenit in russian armed forces from meme groups like Vympel and Alfa (Who have a zenit setup named after them) down to conscripts and even police

Attached: Gucci.jpg (467x827, 116K)

/Akg/ fucking blows now. Every god damned thread it's you zenitco fags slurping each others cocks and two other posters trying to talk about fucking anything else.

No its not you fucking newfag, lurk more.

The last 3 at least.

Hes right, literally look at this and the past x threads.

>get proven wrong
>"wah zenitco boogeyman!"

Attached: shieldboi.jpg (1200x800, 240K)

Just let people enjoy their guns. Yeah, zenirco stuff is overpriced, but so are all ak's now. You can enjoy aks and still not get mega butthurt every time someone spends their own money

>zenirco stuff is overpriced, but so are all ak's now
I hope for the day where a good imported AK will be sold at a decent price again

I wouldn't wait on buying them for it, as sad as it is

Nah dude, gotta justify settling by complaining about things without merit

Attached: Heavy ass vityaz.jpg (985x800, 202K)

>I wouldn't wait on buying them for it
Have 2 already, just need to find a 556 AK next.

One of those 106Fs while they're still under a grand is your best bet unless you want a Sar3 for some reason

>106Fs while they're still under a grand
Where at?

106fr's were just on sale at kvar for 1030 $

I guess they're not 900 anymore, but kvar has them for 1050 and I'm sure a few other places do as well

I wasn't involved in any of the arguments, I was making an observation, so thanks for proving my point.

>make poorfag post
>get mad when you get called a poorfag

Attached: get a load of this.jpg (563x1000, 394K)

I really want a Vityaz

Attached: 1505981417986.png (539x540, 451K)

>2019 - 2 months
>all this talk over expensive tacticool shit
>not dropping irresponsible amounts on wood furniture
ishygddt

Attached: 20181017_161312.jpg (2560x1440, 2.56M)

You and me both bro
I need to get my kit game rolling

>not having an otk stamped wood set
wew^2

Attached: fixed2.jpg (3264x1169, 1.61M)

Hows that strela?

They're alright, heavy though
Their time as the /akg/ meme has mostly passed and everyone who wanted one got one

Attached: 5 rounder.jpg (3264x1044, 2.16M)

Not him but I still really like this set up, I feel like I would look good with that optic on it

Are there Vityaz kits available in burgerstan?
I've been waiting on Kalashnikov USA but something tells me they won't deliver.

Sidemount optics look good on anything

Attached: BulgRuKrainAban.jpg (4032x1760, 1.36M)

There was a surge of them last year for ~1k, they're still available but you'll have to do a bit more work than if you would've been on them when they'd just gotten started
There's guys making barrels and bolts for them now too which makes it a lot easier to finish once you get it than it was a year ago though

I really want an arsenal slr-104fr. What do we think about it? Pic unrelated

Attached: 1541846118990.jpg (2132x1839, 730K)

One of the best 5.45 rifles imported, good luck finding one

>not having an OTK stamped true black

Those are easy to get even if they're priced to shit now
I need to figure out how to get more cheap mags

Are they really?

OTK is just an acceptance stamp, tons of mags have that, not much furniture does

>I need to figure out how to get more cheap mags
You could always buy fagpul if you hate yourself

Attached: 1499795006555.jpg (326x326, 23K)

That's a funny joke user

Attached: neat.jpg (403x604, 62K)

hit or miss assembly quality. The nice batches were absolutely top shelf AKs

Attached: IMG_20181018_163859~3.jpg (4023x1753, 2.09M)

>implying TWS is bad
They're fine. Stop believing memes about stuff you have no experience with.

Attached: 20180626_221935 (2).jpg (1980x2764, 1.64M)

Or you could just buy a side mount which is objectively better

>Or you could just buy a side mount which is objectively better
But they're not. You can't fold your stock with a side mounted optic and they double the width of your rifle. Besides, I'm a smoothboi.

This picture is going to rotate sideways even though I took it vertical and rotated it to work.

Attached: 20181110_225156.jpg (4032x1960, 3.03M)

>utg rail
>made in usa
well thats a blatant lie

Zenitco is popular among reconnaissance unit.

Attached: _gjpvjDTKhE.jpg (1915x1277, 546K)

Russian officer with Type 1 AK

Attached: file.png (960x540, 887K)

Attached: file.png (960x540, 896K)

Seeing Type Ones still in service makes me so happy. Someones been taking good care of that one too, look at that finish

So, is he using that because he found it or was it actually issued to him? If it's the latter, I find it interesting that the Russians would issue such an old gun in a modern war zone.

They was took straight from soviet strategic reserves.

Those gun was plane to be scrap or sell to civilian market in 2011, but 2014 happen, so they stuck in service. Some Russian none combat unit in Syria received those gun because most AK-74 is sent to upgrade.

Attached: 1512143116558.png (1200x800, 1.08M)

Interesting

Attached: file.png (720x960, 467K)

Why not buy a SPETS 12 from AWS? I feel like it’d be nicer to have the front end work already done

Is this guide even still valid

>they not surprisingly choose the stuff thats light and actually works.
you shouldn't expect an english-speaking board to understand that.

No ribbed sight. The IZ108 was one of the only Saiga models to be imported with it, pic related

Attached: post-7660-1211504441.jpg (750x270, 59K)

Yos

In Russia they only fold their stocks when transporting.

So what you’re saying is Russia still has a shit ton of new type 1’s and AKMs?

Probably not a whole ton of t-1s but a ton of akms for sure.

She want the D.

Damn I’d love to have either.

They're not going anywhere and we can only hope for sanctions to be lifted some time in the future.

Got this Maadi at a gun show yesterday, it came with 4 mags and 100 rounds for $700

Attached: 20181111_101423.jpg (3617x1046, 3.17M)

Post pic of other side. Also somebody polished the bcg.