UMP or MP5

Which is better?

Attached: gunz.jpg (259x194, 11K)

HK33

Famas

OP asks which is better
>not mp5 in pic, is HK53.

mp5, the UMP is direct blow back and has recoil that is far harsher than even a lot of 5.56 rifles. Its also a lot more bulky and longer than the mp5

At least it isn't another AYY-KAY FURTY SEHBIN VERSEES EHM SICKS TEEHN thread

Attached: atf2.jpg (960x794, 54K)

This but unironically

>calls someone out for being wrong
>gets the correction wrong

I can help you accurately simulate what it is like to fire a UMP. You will need three objects:
1) a shoebox
2) a brick
3) the ability to put the brick in the shoebox and shake it back and forth

The UMP is inferior to the MP5 in everything aside from production cost

You're grossly exaggerating

It's not far more than 556 but direct blow back 9mm is definitely close. My brothers ar15 with a big brake has less recoil than my ar9 because there's much less reciprocating mass

He really isn't, my 11.5" AR has a gentler recoil impulse than my range's USC.

Yes but he claims it is far harsher than many 5.56 rifles. Far harsher is a stretch with a carbine AR15 although yes it is considerably more recoil. But compared to other designs the difference is even closer to negligible

Mp5/10

And then you have things like 20" ARs that make the difference even more pronounced, so saying that "far harsher" is a gross exaggeration is really just semantics when you admit the UMP has a significantly greater recoil impulse. I'd challenge you to find a 5.56 rifle that does have a recoil impulse comparable to a UMP's.

Now you're comparing apples to oranges. Your description of "far harsher" is a gross exaggeration, not a lie, not far from realistic

If you're just going to get autistic about another person's semantics when we're both in agreement that a UMP has harsher recoil then there's really no point in continuing this.

holy shit I can just hear the sound of the locker being slammed shut after you were crammed into it in sophomore year

No, I'm saying practically speaking anyone who can handle and utilize a 5.56 rifle could utilize a UMP. Saying it has far harsher recoil is a gross exaggeration.

You're on a totally different branch of discussion regarding the topic. Vague generalizations on whether handling object A equates to being able to handle object B does not in any way contribute to whether object A or B has significantly more controllable recoil. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify replying.

> I'm saying practically speaking anyone who can handle and utilize a 5.56 rifle could utilize a UMP.
At no point did you ever imply this you retarded chucklefuck

>non argument
There are situations that call of pistol calibers, and although yes, a blowback carbine has more recoil than an AR, to claim it is far harsher is again, a gross exaggeration.

What the flying fuck do you consider far harsher recoil to be? The difference is far less than 5.56 to .308 and even that isn't far harsher

>There are situations that call of pistol calibers
This is completely irrelevant to this conversation, as at no point did the situational use of either SMGs or 5.56 rifles get brought up.
>and although yes, a blowback carbine has more recoil than an AR
I'm glad we're in agreement.
>to claim it is far harsher is again, a gross exaggeration.
You've done little to prove this other than to say it, while admitting it has "considerably more recoil," which, in effect, makes this a long, tedious debate over semantics. Goodbye.

When HK made the UMP they somehow managed to design a gun that handles like an
old shopping cart. The MP5 is superior.

>5.56 to .308 and even that isn't far harsher
Oh jesus you're just a shitposting noguns retard

Childish, it isn't like you're posting a kinematic analysis of recoil characteristics. You're just dramatically exaggerating how much recoil it has

I will probably be getting a PSA5 sometime next year. UMP Isn't American made.

You're a special kind of nigger if you think an M1A won't kick a hell of a lot more than an M4.

Compare an AR9, 15, and 10. Of course M4 is low recoil I'd never claim otherwise

recoil, is strange.. I grew up in NJ moved to TX as soon as possible.. bought my first rifle when I was 23., Of course it was a nugget, bought one spam can of ammo for it. learned how to use it. at first it was scary for like the first 40-50 rounds. I'd say i can handle just about any conventional caliber recoil just fine. nothing crazy like the 950 JDJ. haha.

>when you're too much of a nigger to even try to make a comprehensible argument
Take a hike nigger. Stupid noguns nigger.

All you've done is insult me but I'll stand by my statement that the UMP does not have far harsher recoil than a comparable 5.56

friend, I've never shot an UMP, nor have I done any research into it. I do however own an FNX-45, Recoil isnt bad considering the lower is mostly Polymer. The UMP however would have far less recoil in semi-auto configuration simply because it weighs more than a FNX so I would agree with you.

When fully upgraded, the UMP is better since it uses .45 that gives better damage especially the special bullet that has 2 black stripes in its box.

A dumb noguns nigger talking about shit he has no experience with only deserves to be called exactly what he is. That being a noguns nigger. You stupid noguns nigger.

gr8 b8 m8

Obviously my experience doesn't matter. The disagreement is in the definition of "far harsher", I claimed against it but received nothing but insults. You can come to whatever conclusion you want

The UMP handles like dick because its a light gun with a heavy bolt and is direct blowback. It's not uncomfortable, it's just not fun.
Source: I have one.

My conclusion is you're a stupid noguns nigger.

>The disagreement is in the definition of "far harsher"
so it's basically you being a sperging pedant and wasting everyone's time?

>Wow the UMP sure does kick a lot more than a 5.56 AR
>UHHHH EXCUSE ME I THINK YOU MEAN "IT KICKS NOTICEABLY MORE" STOP EXAGGERATING
Don't take this the wrong way but I kind of hope something very unpleasant happens to you sometime soon.

He said it has far harsher recoil and I disagree no matter which way you try to cut it

I love the UMP, but I won't lie when I say the MP5 is a better gun.

>UMP isn't american made.
I'm guessing you mean nobody in the US makes a UMP, in which case you would be mistaken.

>Recoil harsher than 5.56
It's not that bad, the main reason the recoil seems much worse than it actually is, is due to the weight of the bolt in comparison to the rest of the gun.
A polymer receiver with a heavy bolt will do that.
>more bulky and longer than MP5
Dimension-wise that's true, but it is extremely lightweight and points really well.
it's not really that much bigger than other sub guns out there.

Attached: UMP clone.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

well shit, like i've said previously, I've not done any research into the UMP. Just assumed it was a German firearm. forgive me /k

If the MP5 is better, why did they replace it with the UMP?

also, does anyone call it "the ump" or "umpire"

"umpire strikes back"
"i gotta take an ump"
"umpty dumpty"

Lost

Um, maybe the Lack of a sub-sonic round for suppressors? MP5 got a re-work now, comes in more than just 9mm now.. IIRC there is even an 10mm version,

Would rather a rifle-cartridge.

Attached: 145674765.jpg (706x1350, 421K)

>why did they replace it
Tried. Key word is tried.

Being a trainer in that field and clearly favorizing HK firearms, I'd like to add my two cents here, too.

While the MP5 has a more SMG-ish feel, the UMP behaves more like a rifle/AR type gun. The big difference comes from both caliber and overall configuration (UMP uses more edges while MP5 feels quite smooth), where the .40 and .45 are said to have more man-stopping power than the 9mm.

Germany itself rarely uses the UMP as it is designed for the US-American market with its favor for the .45 guns. German police/army units mostly use MP5 or replace that with MP7 (though that outperforms everything else, the price and "over-piercing" at the cost of manstopping power are clear downsides).

Both the UMP and MP5 are German Firearms,
but I was just assuming you were talking about US-made clones since that's what the PSA MP5 technically is,
and Omega makes a US-made clone of the UMP.

nice troll

made me reply

Attached: 1468785344915.gif (439x400, 13K)

>If the MP5 is better, why did they replace it with the UMP?

The UMP is literally half as cheap to manufacture as the MP5, but is sold at only slightly cheaper.
You do the math on why they'd want to push it on people.

kek

M1A specifically really doesn't.
Had you said G3-pattern or unbraked bolt-action I'd agree.

>half as cheap
This is like a double negative we see your point but I thought you'd want to know for the future.

Huh, I didn't know there was a company in the US that where making UMP clones.

Bro I shot a 9mm AR and it was like getting punched in the shoulder, he's right. Direct blowback has no place in a gun as powerful as 9mm NATO it has far harsher recoil which is why no one bought it