Fuck wikipedia and some other stuff

So I was thinking about how in Ukraine and the caucuses, it's common to find soldiers that, for whatever reason, don't like communism, but still use equipment that has the hammer and sickle on it, because that's whats available. I thought that was kinda interesting and wanted to know if there were any other examples of stuff like that in history, of people using equipment that was marked with symbols of some government or ideology that they didn't like. I thought I remembered Ian talking about how the Norwegians used some WW2 German rifles as their service rifle for awhile after the war and how they didn't bother to deface the Waffenamt markings on them so I decided to go to this article on Wikipedia that I was familiar with that had a list of all the service rifles used by all the different countries in the world, a list that included really old stuff like the Brown Bess. Unfortunately, when I went to the article I found that Wikipedia must have changed something, because now there is just a short article on what a service rifle is (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_rifle). So what I want to know now is
>1. Is there some resource out there similar to that Wikipedia article or the article itself?
>2. I know the Israelis used K98ks, but I don't know if they defaced the Waffenamt markings on their guns. Does anyone know if they did or didn't?
>3. Anyone else have examples of the thing I'm going on about?

Attached: 1480385489011.jpg (184x240, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warisboring.com/how-israel-won-its-independence-with-nazi-guns/
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Service_rifle&oldid=856956819
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asuka a shit

I guess you love that blue haired doll then?

Attached: evangelion charlie brown.gif (500x375, 362K)

I've got an Israeli K98 in 308 with some eagles stil on it.

After the winter war, finnish army had more equipment than before the war, a lot of it captured.

Why bother with symbols when a gun is the best gift the enemy can give you?

Also, if you don't like it, repaint it or grind that symbol off...and in finns' case, put a swastika on top of it :D

Attached: T26B_2.jpg (800x451, 170K)

based

>1947, soon to be declared Israel
>War for independence is immanent
>Dirt poor
>Have no guns or equipment
>Syrians try screw over the Czech in an arms deal
>Approach them
>Czech like Jews, so might as well sell the containers to them
>Crates are opened in Israel
>It's all Mausers and MP40s WW2 surplases
>Still bears the Nazi swastika
>Fuck it: a gun is a gun, and I'm going to literally kiss it
>Jews won their independence and beat all the Arabs with literally Nazi guns

warisboring.com/how-israel-won-its-independence-with-nazi-guns/

Attached: markingsdefaced.jpg (724x238, 91K)

Maybe learn how to use Wikipedia, you idiot.

Attached: 1520472312805~01.png (960x951, 1.05M)

I have Seen Israeli Mausers with the waffenamps scrubbed and a tiny little star of david stamped in it's place, but I've also seen ones where it's intact because they just didn't have time for formalities.
Sometimes a combination, where some were scrubbed and some were intact.
Some appear to have been scrubbed in the field (gouged out in a very rough manner and not refinished so there's a rust spot).

I figure they appreciated the irony of forging a homeland with guns meant for Nazis, but some of the same people still had numbers tattooed on their arms and were in no hurry to forget how those got there.

If you're low on supplies you've got the surplus/captures, you use it. Old as warfare itself.

Attached: 83637.jpg (1024x689, 168K)

I thought america just gave Israel to the Israeli's.

Actually that was the Brits and then they tried to say they didn't

whatever. i mean the point was Israel never had to fight its own battles. There was never a point where if the fighting got out of hand the allies wouldn't have stepped in.

Except for '48, '67 and '73 which were the only major wars, and during which the Israelis were embargoed by pretty much all the major powers of the time.
Of all the comments and claims about Israel, non reeks of willful ignorance and stupidity as the "Israel never had to fight its own battles".

Attached: 37815064_2110991495779650_2280121695618465792_o.png (792x3928, 130K)

Guns dont have political ideals, user

>virgin rei vs CHADSUKA

Attached: Tiran-5-latrun-1.jpg (1094x767, 132K)

Actually you're completely wrong you mong. We didn't give them anything. Under American and UN pressure we terminated the mandate and washed our hands of the place (after suffering a large number of casualties to Zionist terrorists) after granting Transjordan independance. Which was kind of a good thing because if we hadn't, Israel would have claimed Jordan as well, as they stated they wanted to in the 12th Zionist Congress.
To say the US had nothing to do with the creation of Israel when it's official policy was to push for it's formation, and when wealthy US Jews were bankrolling a massive armaments campaign as well as a massive illegal immigration campaign. There were literally boats of thousands of jews being moored just offshore every day.

My dad said they still had WWII German markings on some LMGs when he served in the Yugoslav army in 1988.

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Service_rifle&oldid=856956819 It's always in the revision history, user.

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1531071413348.png (290x315, 117K)