>not wearing rubber boots

When did you realize that leather boots don't belong in real combat environment?

>knee height total water seal
>easy to remove to let feet breath during stops and wear again fast if needed
>cheap
>lightweight
>durable
>carefree

Attached: 34370e86.jpg (800x533, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bPB9rz1qSfE
youtu.be/yhU-DIA2BMA
youtube.com/watch?v=DXUdr06pLUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Casuals not needed to apply.

Attached: CplKNBmXEAAp8LR.jpg (676x1200, 238K)

Attached: 80wokng6iuqy.jpg (1100x733, 159K)

Rubber boots are the best option for moist forest conditions. Only during hot summer are the leather boots acceptable.

>wild summer rainstorm appears

Ive been wearing gumboots since I moved to a new home with a lot of mud around, I'm really surprised how comfortable they are for all-day wear

>total water seal
>do anything in a wet environment BESIDES skipping through puddles on the sidewalk
>tubber baby buggy booties are now full of water
>no time to take off boots because extended contact
>your booties are now full of blood, shit, and water
>lose booth your tootsies to fucking trench foot
>in 2018
>because mu feefees over some fucking cow hide
How retarded are you?

Sure, then you suffer for some time and change your boots when you have time. The next few days you will spent drying your leather shoes .

>get rubber boots full of water
how retarded are you to have this happen?

You can tighten the boot opening shut.

Every situation where the knee high boot chugs water would be 1000x worse with regular combat boots.

Attached: 24068652_1629139337109449_7221141965608811154_o.jpg (2048x1365, 430K)

Also it takes like 2 seconds to empty the shoes. Even in an extended firefight you can do that

You do understand that if the water level is below your knees then it doesnt actually matter what kind of foot wear you have on, right? You're better off with boots that will allow rapid drying than you are sealing water in your boots. Did you forget about sweat, creeks, and beaches? Did you forget that when you're crawling face down in 8 inches of mud your boots WILL fill with water regardless of how well you seal them?

>taking your boots off in a firefight.
Ok, now i know you're a fatfuck retard whose only experience with water is his weekly shower. Fuck off, dipshit. Some of us actually get muddy.

No wonder Marines eat crayons, they can't even tie their own boots.

>the next few days will be spent drying your leather shoes
>the next few days
>DAYS
HOLY SHIT, do you think boots are untreates? Even in freezing conditions, my boots dry in less than half an hour ON my fucking feet and in five minutes off my feet. 12 year olds jn galoshes btfo, confirmed for never having even SEEN a pair of combat boots.

Those are Finns.

>finns
>conscript larpers
>finland cant afford to give all their boys a decent pair of boots
>give them rubber booties instead
>they go play in the snow for a year
No wonder finns are so cute, they're literal children until they're like 25

Stalin pls

I don't get it. You're only supposed to wear those in cold weather with heavy rain or snow up to your knees. Otherwise they suck. Those heavy winter rubber boots are even worse though.

Someone's upset a military doesn't use high speed tactical black combat boots and uses something practical instead

Aside from the fact that he's memeing, it's not even true. They issue two pairs of leather combat boots to each conscript. Lightweight modern ones and shittier steel capped ones.

>black
Nigga, you dumb as fuck.

I'm sorry, african american

Summer rubber boots were utter shit, I rather combat boots in wet conditions, those can be made water proof enough with some leather wax. Winter rubber boots had better support on both feet and ankles due to thicker material.

Two pairs of combat boots and winter and summer rubber boots.

Attached: 30713426_1764758236900361_1566737905609605120_n.jpg (960x782, 116K)

Unless you have fat ankles or wear thee pairs of socks at once, those rubber boots are going to flop around and cause blisters.

Fellow Finns please remeber that outside basic information most knowledge about our rubber boots tech and procedures relating to rubber boots are SALAINEN Suojaustaso II

Attached: c.jpg (403x567, 41K)

>what are arctic conditions
>what are extreme heat scenarios
>what is the fact that leather boots usually have water drain holes

>be fighting inna Afghaniland
>desert
>wearing rubber boots
>feet can't breath
Genius, OP

Marines will always have either coyote colored danners, bates or belleville boots, which look like redone ww1 boots. They wil be wearing forest or desert marpat utilities. Except for MARSOC, who wears what SOCOM orders them too.

>finns wear silly boots
>this is at all surprisign when their number one entertainment is "jääpuikko"
>literally translates to icicle
>rip your buddy's pants down to his knees, completely bare ass
>shove him face first into a snow drift
>grind against his ass until he gets an erection
>lift him up to his feet and scream jääpuikko!
>rub snow all over their hard, freezing dick

SECRET

BOOTS.

I feel like I wouldn't want rubber boots because my feet would sweat in them and I'd get wet either way. How can the air circulate in there?

Gum boots need much more time to dry.

Kek.
If russkies wanted them they could buy a pair from store.

I don't think you understand the secrets of the secret coating

T-28 is surprisingly big.

And they'll have their fucking emblem branded into them. Usually on the side of the heel.

Jesus christ you're all retarded. Also how is Finland so poor and/or retarded that they issue fucking RUBBER BOOTS lmao

I tried to Google Gumboot because I didn't know what you were talking about and I tripped over this.

youtu.be/bPB9rz1qSfE

Enjoy

Attached: 1508229664274-trash.jpg (637x453, 64K)

In Finland's specific case there is a point. It's called swamps. Shitloads of them. If you are in a unit in need of navigating them on foot, rubber boots make sense for the wet part of the year.

The only other place I know that uses rubber boots in the army are some of the more southern countries of Africa with lots of jungle. Where it is wet as fuck and lots of interesting insects. Kinda see a pattern here?

The secret Nokia formula is now known by Microsoft.

Attached: 1185367_647812955265702_1817908281_n.jpg (500x500, 16K)

I heard they're moving it to the velcro straps

Better than having no boots at all.

Attached: Footwear.jpg (1000x964, 251K)

The rubber boots are issued side by side with two pairs of leather boots. Rubber boots are only really used as part of CBRN gear or when you actually need rubber boots for some other reason.

Stop bullshiting people
I had only one pair of combat boots.

Do you not know what Finland’s geography is like? In some areas rubber boots are essential because of how wet everything is. You try wandering around swamps and lakes without them.

Trench foot.

Not him, but it's different from place to place. I got two pairs at least.

I thought you might be low IQ but this is just sad

Get on my level plebs

Attached: 160892837.jpg (260x600, 26K)

No good field shoe breathes enough to prevent trench foot. Gotta swap those socks and let the boots dry periodically.

>have to wear rubber boots in the army
>almost no impact protection
>no resistance to twisting or bending

It's a wonder that i didn't blow any ligaments while running in the forest

Why does that look so comfy?
I know it would be insanely hot, and everything would be drenched from sweat but it still looks comfy.

i think rubber boots are the best for estonians.

Balts are traitors so i have nothing but pitty and fuck them.

everyone else should try out russian Kirza boots. best shit to get around in wet forest.

youtu.be/yhU-DIA2BMA

Attached: D5F845C0-C50C-4B4F-8105-7821C0621924-3319-000004C6FFE364B5.jpg (560x374, 123K)

>Balts are traitors

Attached: WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS.gif (400x325, 167K)

The 1930s called, they said that plastic boots are gay and that real Finnish Men wear leather

Attached: IMG_20181111_183335.jpg (4608x3456, 900K)

>days
Stuff some paper towels in overnight and they're bone dry by morning.

Plus the US does issue rubber over boots.

Well, the US has overboots, but full-on rubber boots seems silly.

Attached: 150244_ts.jpg (384x384, 17K)

29% of finland is bog, and when you're slogging through a bog rubber boots are godsend

I think i saw those in some fetish dungeons.

What were you doing in some fetish dungeons?

Attached: 1515882904058.jpg (288x402, 76K)

not when they get stuck in it and the next step you take is with your sock

>no conscripts bring their own boots
Do they not have manual labor jobs in that country? Even a basic set of mid-ride hiking boots would be better than converses.

Most rubber boots can be tightened to stop this

>blisters everywhere
>boots squeal whever you walk

Anyone who thinks this is real is a fucking retard.

Had that happen to me while tripping on acid in the dark woods. Walked the rest of the way back holding one shoe and shlorping with the sock. 10/10 do recommend. Hiking mishaps bother me a heckuva lot less after that

>what is jungle rot
a good combat boot doesnt keep water out 100%, a good combat boot lets water drain from the interior and allows the foot to dry

You forgot to mention the part where they melt to your feet if exposed to flame.

[Citation needed]

>real Finnish Men wear leather
Tom?

As someone who deals with muddy ass creeks in my recreational time I'd take a good pair of boots over a pair of rubber rain boots any day for various amounts of reasons that anyone who's spent time in shitty conditions will know

This is the "my feet hurt" squad

Aren't those for mopp suits?

>Aren't those for mopp suits?
yes and no, there is a type of over boot that is resistant to NBC threats and is meant to be worn with the MOPP suit, but the regular over boots work fine for training
youtube.com/watch?v=DXUdr06pLUI

Has no one ever wore mucks? What if their boots are as good as those?
When I was working on the farm Id wear them almost year round comfy as fuck.

inb4 Sheep fucker

> being a maavoimat cuck and having to wear rubber boots
Get on my RANNIKKOJOUKOT level, losers

Finnish military started issuing rubber boots in large scale in 1950's. There had already been some rubber boots (at least Italian ones) and
boots with mixed rubber-leather design (leather legs, rest of boot was rubber) boots in use of long range recon units (Detached Battalion 4 etc) during World War 2, but apparently the boots that they tried to use proved not to be durable enough.

My personal choice for that is Jalas Fantom Drylock - basically improved combat boots m/05 with goretex. IMO they are better than rubber boots, but too expensive and sensitive to be issued to conscripts in large scale.

Hah :-). When I did my conscript service in FDF I got issued SEVEN pairs of footwear - rubber slippers, sneakers, jackboot-type leather boots, rubber boots, winter rubber boots, dress uniform shoes and laced combat boots.

Local terrain and weather should be the deciding factor what is being issued, since no footwear will work well in all of terrain & weather.

The largest weather-related losses of Finnish Army during World War 2 tended to follow similar pattern - first troops march through swamp(s) getting their standard issue jackboot type leather boots and foot rags inside them soaked through, then temperature dropped below zero (Celsius). There were few cases in which company size and at least in one case in which a battalion size force froze their feet so bad that most of the unit became unfit for duty. Solution - introduce rubber boots and rubber winter boots.

What are some good boots for hot and humid places? Was looking to get some and was told ideal boots for hot tropical places like Florida is high boots (so stuff cant get in) as well as it being breathable if you have to operate in the swamp or coastal regions

Attached: FQ782HW-1_EXTRALARGE.jpg (1551x1864, 263K)

For CBRN, you idiot.

and that's how you avoid trench foot

Attached: boots-on-a-statue-of-the-roman-emperor-antoninus-pius-outside-of-the-EY86FF.jpg (1300x1390, 233K)

This all day. Broken in leather boots will never hurt you.

>implying they can afford it

While I don't know for sure, that looks a lot like an ABC suit.

Sheep fucker

>You try wandering around swamps and lakes without them.

I have. I'm in the military, it's called fucking gore-tex socks. Rubber boots are ridiculous
This

No. But in hot&humid they will rot, in very hot&dry they will boil your feet, and in wet and cold they might cost you your toes. Don't get me wrong. I love my old leather boots - they fit me like socks. I keep them well waxed and they serve me fine in my climate and in the temperatures where I happily venture out into nature, but if I am headed into the snow anywhere near the point of freezing I put on my rubber and canvas outer boots as well. Because you can only have your toes amputated once.

Sweaty feet in the desert

he's not retarded at all, they are far superior for forest and grassland where it rains. I don't know what age you are, where you are from or what your iq is but I know that nothing you think or say has much merit now. You should be aware of that yourself. As plato said know thyself, your stupid, your logic is flawed. I'll say it in a way you can comprehend. You are a retard and your shit is all fucked up. There are we there yet?

>Sweaty feet in the desert
They are not for wearing in the desert you spastic.

> Finland
> Desert
You dense motherfucker

I've rolled my ankles so many times in wellies that i can't give a number.
I like having that snug comforting hug that a good pull on laces gives you.
There are hunting boots that are basically the same as wellies but have laces. About half a mile of lacing but still,

>yuropoor militaries are so irrelevant they have to brag about what kind of boots they wear

Attached: 1541463099529.png (765x563, 120K)

Anybody saying rubber is harder to dry than leather is absolutely out of their fucking mind. If you take a rubber boot and tip the water out of it, it's dry enough that a change of socks will not get wet enough to feel on the foot. It's a non-permeable material, unlike leather which absorbs it. If you're talking any kind of boreal forest you are talking about conditions in which a leather boot will never dry, because they are always being re-wet as you move through it. I gave up on fancy hunting Boots years ago because unless you want to be a faggot fairy boy walking around every puddle you get wet and miserable instantly and maintain it for the duration of the trip. Boreal forest is cold, damp, and humid. Watch the show "alone" where all the ninny boy American survivalists get dropped in a temperate rainforest. It's brutal.

Have you ever used them for more than an hour? They are worse than leather boots in almost every way except keeping knee high water out. Other than that, your feet will sweat so much, you’ll wish for light bates or jungle boots

>balts are traitors

hunh? is this Ivan getting angry that Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians don't want to be a part of Russia for obvious reasons, or Ukko getting angry that Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians were once taken over by the Soviet Union for obvious reasons?

Attached: 1523591772514.jpg (320x320, 31K)

We dominate our boots. Marine corps is exclusively for doms

>wear rubber condom shoes 5 mileUSMC endurance course
>run through high water, low water, puddles etc,
>water would have filled rubber knee boots,
>would have to stop and empty boots out like 8x
orrrr

>wear bates or any jungle boots
>run through water
>water shoots out the drains
>feet feel a normal sweaty level after like 20 mins because they are BREATHABLE
>dont get trenchfoot