Aftermarket Glock Barrels

I've been reading up on aftermarket barrels and trying to see if they are worth it. From my reading it seems like the four most common companies that make barrels for Glock are:

>Storm Lake
Reviews have been okay at best. Seems these are above LW but below KKM in quality.
>Bar-Sto
Most expensive but some people were saying the feeding ramps where visible off center. Others rave these are the top barrel.
>KKM Precision
Good reviews mostly. A common thing I see is a barrel ding on the bottom of the barrel for some reason that they all seem to get.
>Lone Wolf
Seems like straight dog shit. Some people go in to these hoping they don't blow their fucking hand off.

Can any Anons give me your experience with Glock aftermarket barrels and your recommendation on who makes the best? Is the factory barrel always going to provide the highest level of reliability?

Looking for barrels for a G17 and G29 if that matters.

Attached: KKM-Precision-9mm-Conversion-Barrels_main-1.jpg (275x275, 7K)

>Seems like straight dog shit. Some people go in to these hoping they don't blow their fucking hand off.
Never heard of this, but then again I've only had 100 rounds or so through my p80

Glawk is fine, you don't need an after market barrel unless you want to Gucci up you plastic brick with a name and a fancy color

What if I want to put an arrowhead break on, red dot sight, 50 round drum and skeletonize the hanner?

i bought a lone wolf a few years ago for a threaded barrel for my cans... there are reasons, fgt

Then you would be a turbo glock bro

Any reason why you went with LW?

In for answers. OEM Glock barrels aren't good for cast bullets.

I picked mine up for $108 and it came with a thread protector
I'll shoot it more soon and post results

friend who's heavy into nfa and is a ffl 07 sot recommended it

is Storm Lake the only one that makes a 10mm barrel for the Glock 21?

Sico is the way to go

That's complete bullshit though.

Attached: IMG_0703.jpg (3264x2448, 1014K)

If your barrel isn't ruined and you aren't doing a conversion then no you don't need an aftermarket barrel. If you have that many problems what you need is a new brand of pistol.

>I’m just going to pop in this thread, not read anything, give my uninformed opinion, and everyone will cheer. It’s going to happen this time.

Attached: D519CC6C-0DFC-49E1-9D5B-8D4199571BF8.jpg (438x409, 23K)

Why the fuck would you buy anything other than stock. The stock barrels are already accurate as fuck and have reliable feed ramps, dont fuck with it.

Now, if you want to shoot reloads, that's fair since glock oem barrels cant shoot exposed lead rounds so in that case lone wolf seems to be popular for that purpose

Not gonna lie. I like this.

Attached: B9AF5E36-2701-41F1-92A8-DDDBF3C0B756.jpg (660x440, 46K)

>Why the fuck
Well, maybe you want a 357sig barrel in a 6" long-slide, and Glock doesn't make a factory barrel for that? So you get a KKM barrel and put it in a G24 slide.
Or maybe you want to shoot 9mm to stretch your practice/plinking budget, and don't want to blow a couple hundred on an extra slide? So you buy a cheap BCA conversion barrel for your (insert .40/.357 model here), and it's just fine.

>lead
That one's a myth, though. On one hand, you can't shoot soft (pure lead) bullets at reasonable speeds through any barrel, factory or aftermarket, without leading problems; on the other hand, if you use an appropriate alloy and/or gas checks, you can shoot cast bullets from Glock factory barrels just fine.

>lead build up on polygonal barrels is bullshit
>source: dude trust me

>
>What if I want to put an arrowhead break on, red dot sight, 50 round drum and skeletonize the hanner?

Then you should buy a gun thats good to begin with.

Polygonal rifling existed long before jacketed bullets.
Any barrel can have excessive buildup if you're a complete mouth breathing retard.

I can only attest to the couple LW barrels I’ve got from my friends and the one Storm Lake barrel I bought years back for my can. There’s really no reason whatsoever to get one unless you want to thread a can or comp on, but both brands have run just fine for me.

>dude trust me
>I don’t know how to clean my guns
>but trust me

>Lone Wolf
>Seems like straight dog shit. Some people go in to these hoping they don't blow their fucking hand off.
Seems about right, got some slide milling and a .357 barrel from them. Barrel shows bizarre amounts of wear for the 500 or so rounds through it.

Does anyone know if there's a stainless oem Glock barrel? I'm not sure if the guy did it himself to an oem Glock barrel or what, but I know I've seen one before in a 19 that some guy on some other forum had many moons ago.

Attached: 1540311386823.jpg (1200x380, 93K)

>if they're worth it
question was answered.

werent they good before, or just the only game in town for so long people put up with it being shit?

Couldn't really say for sure, my only experience with them is rather recent.

I’ve owned KKM and Lone Wolf barrels for my Glocks and never had an issue. Never heard that Lone Wolf was supposed to be bad either. It used to be that they had a big, goofy logo printed on the barrel hood, which people didn’t really like, but they have changed their logo these days to be much lower profile.

The stock barrel is really accurate, but if you want threading, a match figment, caliber conversion, different colors, etc., I think any of these companies would be a good choice.

*match fitment

worth it for what?

if you want a target gun, buy something besides a glock. their triggers are mediocre at best with modification for target use. if you want a gun that will run 100% of the time, buy a glock and dont fuck with the stock components

silencerco makes really nice threaded barrels for glocks if you want to suppress it

I have an LW .40-9 conversion barrel on my Glock 23. Functions perfectly. I drop it in and it runs without any other modifications. Even works with .40 magazines.

I do notice that it fits just a little loose compared to the factory .40 barrel and accuracy isn't as good. I can hit chest-sized steel at about 25yd with it but that's about it. With the .40 barrel I can hit steel at 50yd.

So in my experience it's good enough, but not perfect.

I have 2 Storm Lake barrels and the old ones are good but they are supposed to be shit now. It used to be KKM and Stormlake were about even but I wold get a KKM now probably.

Attached: DSCF0062.jpg (1600x1200, 628K)

I'd google it but maybe you guys know better,
what's the cheapest way to get a glock 17 threaded barrel?

I have a silencer co. barrel on my G17, it shoots just as well as the factory one.

>skeletonize the glock hanner

Attached: dootdoot.gif (300x272, 968K)

If you literally call up Smyrna, GA, Glock's customer support will tell you not to shoot soft lead bullets. Pretty sure it's even in the manuals of Gen 4s.

probably Lone wolf. Id personally just save for KKM though.

First, they'll actually tell you not to shoot any reloads, even jacketed.
Second, "soft lead bullets" ≠ "any cast bullets" -- all modern pistol cartridges run velocities too hot for soft lead, so of course you'd have problems. That's why you use harder alloys when casting bullets for them.

So you think a minimum wage call center clerk will know anything about internal ballistics or engineering? Or is it more likely they will say no lead simply as a quick way to limit liability.
The manual was changed in 4th gen only after the fuddlore spread, kind of like cell phone use at gas pumps. Glock does not reccomend shooting ANY reloads, same as all other manufacturers.
Polygonal rifling was in use for over 100 years before Glock existed. There were no reports in that time of excessive leading.

>So you think a minimum wage call center clerk will know anything about internal ballistics or engineering?
>The manual was changed in 4th gen only after the fuddlore spread

Attached: 1529769609124.png (625x626, 150K)

Bear Creek Arsenal, but they're out of stock right now.
Second cheapest is maybe Rock Slide USA?
Or look for used ones on ebay or gunbroker, might be even cheaper. But used factory barrels get sold way more often than aftermarket, so you'd need some patience for that.

Customer service have no firearms experience, they read from scripts and really don't give a fuck.
The manual was changed only after the fuddlore about cast bullets blowing up guns spread. Prior to the Gen 4 manual there was no warning about lead bullets in the manuals but the rumour was popular on several internt forums. Glocks have never had issues with lead bullets but it's easier to change one line in a manual then deal with retards trying to sue.

groove rifling was invented for the sole purpose of reducing the effect of leading in firearms, essentially giving it somewhere to go

Groove rifling was done to reduce carbon fouling.

that too

>he thinks the "minimum wage call center clerk" decided the official company policy instead of corporate with advice from engineers and experts on the design
>he thinks he knows better than them because "lol other guns used polygonal rifling hundreds of years ago without problems"
Wow, i wonder why everybody else doesn't see things your way on this one.

What's your experience? Do you own a Glock? Have you fired any cast bullets through anything in the past?
At this point my G22 has ~8k cast bullets though it.

>he thinks owning a glock makes his previous points any less obviously retarded
What's your experience? Do you own an engineering degree or are even a certified glock armorer? Have you talked to any highly placed glock employees in the past? What exactly informed your opinion that company policy was made at the minimum wage CS clerk level, or that there is no underlying reasoning for their advice?