I want to get a .22 rifle, but am undecided between semi, bolt or lever

I want to get a .22 rifle, but am undecided between semi, bolt or lever.

What does Jow Forums recommend?

Attached: cz-usa-512-semi-auto-1024x682.png (1024x682, 122K)

Pump

I think .22lr gets a little bit boring in semi, but enjoy both bolt and lever. If you're going to shoot standing, lever, anything else, bolt.

All of them

Whatever sounds like the most fun to you, it's a .22, they're all good. Do you need capacity? Are you just plinking ? Hunting ? Defending your homestead against a squirrel invasion? What ?

Not OP, but hijacking.

What's a good bolt action .22? I'm in the market.

cz 455 ultra lux
Such a long barrel that it's quieter than a nail gun going off when you shoot CCI standard through it, and i can put bullets in the same hole with mine at less than 25 yeards

Bolt or lever, pump and semi auto are fucking gay on a .22.

Mostly you are dictated by their use. Bolt guns would be best if you want to shoot with accuracy, while for fun you'd like semiauto.

Bolt Guns:
CZ or Savage are the best bang/buck
Semiauto:
10/22 is the default option if you like aftermarket, they're the AR of .22LRs
Marlin M60 for a sleek looking and really nice accurate gun for the price, and with a hint of aftermarket, especially the trigger guard.

Attached: 20180901_164849.jpg (1129x896, 591K)

10/22
It's cheap, it works, it's got a shitload of aftermarket support, it can be found absolutely anywhere, and if you don't like it, you can just turn around and sell it.

fpbp

A semi auto and bolt action .22 rifle are both mandatory items for all shooters.

A .22 pistol is not mandatory but absolutely should be, because they are so much fun, cheap to shoot, and so accurate compared to other types of pistols.

Attached: P1050628.jpg (2296x1724, 615K)

I recommend bolt-actions. Partially because working the bolt is more fun and partially because it forces you to slow down and hone your skills, which is what .22s excel at.

Lever-action .22s are incredibly fun too. I'm looking to get a BL-22 because I shot one recently and it's loads of fun.
CZ is where it's at. I have a 452 Scout and the action is so slick you can work it with just your pinky. The 455s are more modular, but I find the actions aren't as smooth (they do break in a bit over time though).

I'm also rather fond of the Zastava .22s which are pretty affordable, although getting tough to find.

Is it bad to shoot bolt standing? I thought standing was normal.

No, it's just easier to shoot lever-action standing than prone or on a bench where you have to turn it sideways.

I've got a Sako Quad in .22 LR and .17 HMR with the heavy barrel. It's great for shooting, but I'm gonna go and replace the stock with something more adjustable with a more vertical grip, probably a GRS Sporter stock, like my regular bolt action.
I don't know what the situation is like where you're at, but you might get lucky and find used Anschutz biathlon guns for a nice price since a lot of shooters went over to the ones with the straight pull mechanism when that came out. Anschutz is quality through and through, and it is what I would have gotten if I wasn't set on wanting a system rifle that could be used for .22 LR, .17 HMR and eventually .22 WMR.
I'm looking at picking up one of those Henry .22 lever guns for fun shooting too, they just look like a hoot.

Marlin 795, tech sights, trigger spring kit. Awesome semi auto, with a 10/22 you'll be spending more than twice as much to fix all the same shit.

I love my Henry lever action 22. I went with the Golden Boy model but the standard one shoots just as well I'm sure. Just a bit less sexy. A lot of fun though. It's awesome mag dumping with a lever action and still maintaining good accuracy. Definitely the most fun gun I own, was my third gun and 1st 22.

which type lets me fire .22LR and .22 Shorts?

A Henry lever gun will let you. I don't know if that'll hold true for all lever guns or not though.

How does a CZ 452/455 compare to something cheaper like a Ruger American or Savage Mk2?
I kind of want to get a 455 mannlicher stock because it looks cool, but it's notably more expensive than other .22 bolt rifles.

Semi better for small game. Faster follow up shots.

It's ridiculously accurate and reliable.
The ruger american is a piece of shit.

I want a .22LR for training and plinking. I don't hunt.

Anyone have a recommendation for a .22 rifle that comes with a threaded barrel?

None of the above!

Get a pump

Attached: 2Winmid.jpg (2002x1109, 204K)

get an AR15-22. Not the S&W M&P22 but a real AR15-22. The ammo is cheap and you'll have much more fun plinking and doing mag dumps than boring bench shooting.

Auto

Attached: 1533194484884.jpg (2585x1535, 421K)

10/22 all the fucking way

You get what you pay for but don't take my word for it. Fingerfuck both the Ruger and CZ side by side. You'll see what I'm talking about right away.

Follow up shots on small game is rarely needed unless you shoot like shit m8.

I never handled a CZ 45x but I heard good things about them. I love savage and own several and they shoot very well.

Not necessarily, a lever is fine too

Get a 10/22 or a lever

Attached: 1499760107703.png (1920x2142, 2.05M)

10/22 for practicality, levergat for lulz.

semi for if you like mag dumping and/or have a lot of ammo to burn. bolt/lever for if you enjoy the aesthetic of manually chambering the next round

>Marlin M60
A very underrated gun. Tube loading is kind of an ass but kinda fun when you get the hang of it. A lot of older guys first gun.

Bolt action all the way

Attached: IMG-20180907-WA0008.jpg (4032x2268, 1.47M)

In my opinion, bolt action is the best for casual and precision shooting.
>working the action is fun
>0 feeding problems, not picky about ammo
>more accurate
>easier dissasembly and cleaning

Does anyone have an LA101? What do you think of it?

Can it tripnigger

Stcok quality is really good, feels solid. I have a laminated one.

Depends on what you need it for.

Lever bro, I have a wichester model 150 that my grandpappy bought brand new in the 60s

Semi : fun to shoot but you'll spend more time reloading mags than actually shooting. Semi auto 22s are also more ammo sensitive so you might have trouble with the really cheapo stuff.

Bolt action : very fun to use as well, a good middle ground between semi and single shot. Most only come with expensive 10 rounds mags tho (unless you go for a Marlin 60)

Lever : fun to shoot, feel like a cow boy, but no loading gate on 22s so you have to fiddle with Henry style fixed tube mags (you can nigger rig speedloader for them out of pvc pipe but you still have to load those)
Some can load 22 shorts, which means you can stuff more of them in the tube. Shorts are expensive for what they are but are very quiet and a fun option to have

Pump : pretty much the same as lever. Some lever and pump action 22s come in take down versions, which is pretty cool.

Single shot (bolt or break action) : the cheapest option and they are suprisingly fun for casual plinking. Not having to load mags makes for an entirely different rythm,where you shoot slower but go through boxes of ammo without noticing.
Of course they can load anything, shorts, CB caps, ratshot, etc.

Bolt single shot is top tier for literal hours of continual shooting.

Both. They're cheap. More guns is better.

Call me a fudd, but I like bolts more. Nothing against the 10/22, but I think bolts tend to be more fun to shoot. If you want to go into customizing your gun though then a 10/22 is the best for it.
Of course not, but lever actions are a little better standing.

The people reccomending 10/22s for a first 22 are retards and in fact I'm convinced that they're noguns. Its incredibly unreliable and inaccurate and the magazine release is ass. Literally nobody buys a 10/22 and uses it stock, people sink hundreds into getting them good which isn't something you want for your first 22. With the money you spend getting it to actually work you couldve bought a cz 455/452 and bunch of ammo.

I have both a SIG 522 and the Beretta ARX160 along with an AR15-22. I can tell you that no matter what kind of garbage ammo I use the 522 doesn't give a shit. The Beretta also has fewer issues with most brands of ammo as well.

The AR is so ammo sensitive it isn't funny. Really only likes the Browning and the Remington Thunderbolts. Everything else is constant FTE and stovepipes.

Needless to say, I shoot the 522 and the ARX160 the most and the AR is probably getting a different upper.

Henry 22 levergat is one of the best .22s i can think of. I had one but gave it to my grandpa for his birthday, before he was noguns and really liked it so i let him have it, got it in great condition at a pawn shop for $250, i still miss it.

I'm only interested in getting one .22. I'm getting tired of buying guns. I spend more money buying guns than I do shooting.

That's one of the reasons I'm looking to get a .22. Something cheap to shoot for fun and training. Last gun I'll buy for a long while.

The 10/22 has been the first rifle for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of shooters. Very few people "sink hundreds" into them, because they don't have to. It's a fine shooter, certainly not "incredibly unreliable and inaccurate", as the incredible longevity and popularity of the design would attest.
The mag release and bolt release are two things which can be improved by after market parts, for the total cost of about $30 and 10 minutes of time, unless you own a dremel in which case it's $15 and 15 minutes.
You're a nogunz faggot parroting misinformation you've read on Jow Forums in an effort to sound experienced.

Marlin 795's are $145 at Academy. You can't go wrong.

Dip Products has some trigger upgrades for the 795.
Popular Appleseed Trainer rifle.

To be fair, pretty much any of these 22s were talking about, you're in for fucking with the sights and maybe the trigger, since they're all less than ideal from the factory.

10/22 is a fine choice for first gun, Marlin 795 is same rifle for less cost.

My 452 Ultra Lux and 452 American Tribal.
Leupold 6.5-20 scope

Attached: CZ 452 Ultra Lux and 452 Tribal American.jpg (480x205, 32K)

nice

Lever.
Objectively the most fun.

If you can find one I'd seriously say a nylon 66. It's a semi auto 14 round gun with a tube in the butt of the gun. Silly I know, but they literally go through thousands of rounds no problem and you can juggle cans with the fuckers. I'm not kidding. The only problem I've ever heard someone having is the gun stopped working because they put rounds through it for 20 years straight and never cleaned the barrel.
>perfect plinking/varmint gun

Cz 455 bolt action.

This.
I’ve got 3 semis and one bolt.
I plan on getting a Henry lever.
I just never get tired of punching holes in cans.

Attached: DC6699E3-15E1-4976-8D86-DBF95C4370B9.gif (184x265, 2.19M)