How the hell did the AK manage to fail even with the safety in the safe position...

How the hell did the AK manage to fail even with the safety in the safe position? It's supposed to be all sealed up that way.
The AR worked flawlessly even with the dust cover wide open.

Attached: 1495312165087.png (1752x1342, 980K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y_tjKISQs2c?t=276
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's the vid of the AR working perfectly even with the dust cover open btw.
youtu.be/y_tjKISQs2c?t=276

Attached: 0c9356c0b9b3397c857f40739368146f.png (497x340, 386K)

The operators weren't sufficiently hungry in order to operate the AK as Stalin wanted them to.

that's the AR-10, not the AR-15
totally different guns

Where'd i mention AR-15 user?
We ain't having none of that weak shit 'round here, .30 cal or go home.

Attached: 1269263338355.jpg (800x472, 78K)

it doesn't make sense to compare the AKM to the AR-10

>AKfags desperately shifting a goalpost the OP hadn't even created
Just what I expected desu

says who?

Attached: FinnishArmalite762x39_zps0cc92a02.jpg (789x456, 76K)

it makes much more sense to compare it to the AR-15
here's a video of the AR-15 functioning nearly perfectly covered in mud with the dust cover open
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU

In the video they were having a lot of issues with the gun either not fully cycling or it not fully going into battery. So I'd assume it's because a bunch of grit got in between the carrier and the receiver itself, slowing the carrier down to the point of malfunction. I think the AK's weakness here is that the carrier itself is exposed. I would also think the AR has an advantage against this kind of malfunction because it has a higher bolt velocity than the AK.

Attached: 1541257834158.png (595x451, 141K)

Could it be that the locking recesses are either too exposed in the AK or don't have enough space for a few sand grains?
Or maybe mud got between the carrier and the front of the receiver so it couldn't go fully forwards?

Attached: Angry_Vatnik.jpg (444x604, 45K)

I'm thinking mud might've gotten dragged into the receiver by the carrier in the AK vs brushed off by the receiver in the AR. Possibly due to looser tolerances in the AK?

>retards dont know about ar15 tests

>desu
>flaming faggot on the radar

I literally posted it here, dumbass
you're a faggot, desu

Attached: 3df1bc98f958c1694dec57819de85f6a.png (399x500, 140K)

they used wrong kind of mud, user.

Go to bed, Karl.

>AK
>sealed up
But I thought it's greatest attribute was loose tolerances!

From what i saw in the video is that even when sealed the ak would have mud drip or pushed into the action by the reciprocating bolt carrier... the point of Ian and Carl’s videos is usually if mud gets into space between the bolt and chamber bad things can happen. The ar does better because it’s a reasonably sealed system. The bolt is recessed in the upper receiver body and because of that most dirt gets ejected upon first cycle and is less likely to make its way into the action as it has to travel farther into the action and farther forward into then barrel extension thus preventing the failure in this case. The experiment they like to use is an extreme case, it’s to show the failure mode for slow moving muddy dirt in an action and to show how with this particular muddy ingression some firearms preform better than others and some rifles that are considered “the best most reliable” might struggle with this type of extreme test

>The ar does better because it’s a reasonably sealed system.
I think the pressurized gas from DI is also helping to blow material out of the receiver

Oh yeah it defiantly is. I’d be curious how much of a difference it would make with a piston gun.

Attached: reddit jew.png (504x650, 21K)

>tfw akfags say wih a striaght face that a brownells AR is too modern and advanced to compare with THE ONLY RIFLE YOU EVER NEED SO SHIMPLE HIT WITH HAMMER
>mfw mud test with the colt SP1

Attached: 1541119478559.gif (255x186, 2.14M)