Is a snubby revolver good enough for college ccw? I'm wanting to prepare for a school shooter

Is a snubby revolver good enough for college ccw? I'm wanting to prepare for a school shooter.

Attached: 1539836924369.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Anything is good as long as you can hit with it when it counts. Well everything except .25, .32, and .22LR.

5 or 6 shots of .38 is perfectly adequate for CC.

Personally, I'd try for something larger. Even if you're a manlet, a Glock 26 should hide under a t-shirt and give you a lot more firepower, but the snubby will get the job done.

im not gonna kill anyone, im just trying to protect myself from potential psychos

The best way to do that is to kill those psychos before they realize that they want to murder you. The time to act is now, user!

You cant carry on school campus.
Pretty damn sure of this.

Not OP but I did it anyways.

UCLA fag here. I carried a J-frame for years and felt adequately armed. Melts away in dark colored jeans/sweats.

Not OP but I tried that myself, if you live an active style or rough house with your buddies this isn't a good idea. Shirts get lifted up easily with any movement. And my worst fear is having it fall out of kydex. Perhaps with a thumb break leather holster. But that complicates things so pocket J-frame it is.

Attached: 1538586568290.jpg (236x596, 27K)

>implying OP isn't the school shooter

You can in Georgia, and you know I keep that mf thang on me

Attached: DC76419D-1626-4AD7-98A6-6B783782668C.jpg (1858x1547, 678K)

It's only illegal if caught and convicted bro

.38 Snubs are generally seen as adequate for most people, providing you can actually shoot it.
Some would consider it the minimum acceptable for a carry piece.

Then you're looking at a potential felony. Yeah, totally worth the risk.

If it's legal, anything that's comfortable to carry. You'll almost certainly never use it but you'll want to carry it every day so comfort should be the main concern because if you leave it in your room because the pants you wore that day don't hold the IWB, it's of no use.

If it's not legal, go for maximum conceal-ability. The smallest, most compact firearm you can get. It probably needs to live in a pocket in your bag or something and you still want it to be non-obvious when a friend raids your bag to borrow a pen or something, because you don't want anyone, even friends, to know its there. You might be expelled for carrying on a non-carry campus or be seen as a school shooter they need to stop before its too late. Fucking up college isn't worth anything so if you insist on carrying, get the most concealable choice possible and don't let a single other human being know that you have it. Unless you need to use it one day.

As for tactical use, no school shooter really expects students to shoot back, so practically anything will do. Unless you personally spent months tormenting the shooter until they snapped, the odds of you being the first person shot are literally tens of thousands to one, so you won't be surprised and will probably have time to draw/retrieve the weapon and plan for a shot. When they come to your class, or after they just drew and shot your professor, you'll probably have the drop on them for your reaction shot.

Concealed permit carry on Florida campuses is fine. Even if it’s illegal I’m still doing it, only a year left anyways.

I ccw my public defender for schools.

>Concealed permit carry on Florida campuses is fine.
lol no

Illegal to carry around campus but not illegal to keep in car while inside a university parking lot in Florida. Might as well just carry it no matter what if you conceal well enough

>Illegal to carry around campus but not illegal to keep in car while inside a university parking lot in Florida
well yea but that is completely different from the first statement
>Might as well just carry it no matter what if you conceal well enough
Everyone has to make that decision on their own. But most likely you would get away with it without a problem.

Get you a little 327Mag and call it good.

>picture of V-Tech shooter

>"preparing" for someone who could have explosives, body armor, shotguns, semi-auto rifles, multiple guns and back up guns, endless amounts of planning, and all sorts of other crazy shit we probably wouldn't think of...
>with a gun that's not even adequate for every day carry
Why?
You should have a double stack semi-auto and carry a spare mag.
You are preparing for a fight with an MMA champ by tying your hands and one leg behind your back.

depends on the state

those shooters only go for soft targets like schools where they think everyone is disarmed. They expect no resistance and don't know how to react to any.
The purpose of carrying a gun isn't to protect everyone, just yourself.

Those two things are not even remotely the same, you mong.

You refuted literally nothing I said.

I preferred a single stack 9mm when I cc'd in college. you want something thin that conforms to your body since you'll be sitting for most of the day and the bulge of a revolver isnt terrible, but it will be a noticeable irritation

also, I shit you not ankle holsters were the best method I found to carrying while in class

Attached: glock-43.jpg (1400x1400, 389K)

I think so. I keep my SP-101 in my backpack at all times. Neither of my schools have metal detectors so it's cool.

No. Just expulsion. College campuses aren't defined as public schools under federal law.

I don't know what the laws are in your state but in new York it's illegal to carry in a school zone (including colleges) even if you have a permit.

Attached: 1486589043791.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Why not get a 1911?

Can't is a strong word

Non't

here we go with the "What if" brigade

yes, it is perfectly fine cc, id carry spare rounds though, and train with it so you get good at shooting it and hitting the target in dynamic scenarios

No. A double stack semi-auto is going to be just as easy to conceal, hold 2 to 3 times as much ammo, and reload faster. Carrying an extra mag means 5 to 6 times more ammo in the same space.
EDC and wanting to be prepared are two different things, but if you honestly want to be ready for a crazy person intent on killing people, especially a large amount of people, there is no excuse for carrying an out dated, under performing firearm.

God damn you people are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1911.jpg (914x960, 78K)

if you really want to be prepared for a school shooter the only option is taking an AR pistol apart and shoving it in your backpack
don't forget your earplugs if you ever want to hear again

>prints like hell because cylinder
>in a place where guns are strictly forbidden
>nu-males are extremely un-fond of the cyllinder blast
>the vast majority of people shoot DA triggers extremely poorly

Get a semi auto like everyone else. A double stack will be as thick, a single stack will be thinner. Carry it clean and lubricated and test a box of your defensive ammo if it's a notoriously stupid gun like a 1911 clone.

Revolvers have two niches:
>Fires when obstructed, ie, held against someone's back, inside a pocket
>Fires ammunition so powerful that making a semi auto to handle it reliably is expensive and the gun ends up quite large
So if you insist on the detective larp 357mag+ or gtfo, and then pray to god you don't shoot through the guy and hurt someone innocent with your overpowered gun

Murderous people with guns rarely stop for a wound because handgun rounds are weak. You'd do more damage stabbing a cunt,m

>UCLA
Fuck you rolled the dice, user. I go to Florida and want to carry because best we can do is leave it in our car no good that does but I’m too nervous to carry and get searched/arrested/expelled

IF YOU COULD, YOU SHOULD!

No, lets just say nothing bad will ever happen and be AS UNPREPARED as we possibly can be because your granpappy told you that "6 rounds is all you need!"

how the fuck are you going to return fire against a clocktower shooter with any pistol?

Carry something you can shoot accurately with a high velocity round?

After banging out ammo I had to buy myself on a friend's rock island 10mm 1911 i've decided I want to pack one in the winter.

>So if you insist on the detective larp 357mag+ or gtfo, and then pray to god you don't shoot through the guy and hurt someone innocent with your overpowered gun
Is this bait?

How is having an inferior handgun going to help you in that situation?
What a dumb argument.

I'm talking about bringing an AR pistol in your backpack here

it won't overpenetrate if you load it down below the cartridge's potential so you might as well shoot .38 special or do the saner thing and just use an autoloader.

For use on human targets you're never using a hot .357 load ever so you might as well carry a semi automatic handgun in 10mm or .40sw instead of crippling yourself with 6 shots and a lower rate of aimed fire.

>UCLA
Did you have a CCW at all? If so, how the fuck did you get one in LA?

>le highly skilled, motivated, and properly equipped active shooter meme
This is actually almost never a thing, analysis of active shooters where officers intercede show that they are overwhelmingly poorly equipped little bitch boys who kill themselves if they come up against any meaningful resistance. Literally less dangerous than your stereotypical repeat felon who'd rather go down fighting then go back to jail.

>it won't overpenetrate if you load it down below the cartridge's potential so you might as well shoot .38 special
Just stop. You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>gun
>campus
>it's just in case of a school shooter guys
yfw it slips you got a gun in class and cops with gear they have no business having waste your ass, manage to take out 3 innocent students with you, and blame their deaths on you bc PR.
thanks DOD, what would we do without you

Attached: 1541889102800.jpg (1078x1360, 156K)

I'm a local, so not really. I hate Los Angeles. Moving out of here ASAP

At that time, no I did not. My life is more important than what some kikes write on a piece of paper. You'd be surprised just how many people CC in Los Angeles despite having no CCWP, and I don't just mean cholos and criminals, we're talking normal people here.

>brainlet unironically makes a brainlet post thinking he's saying something intelligent

>JUST as easy to conceal
>thinks it will make much of a difference what handgun he uses against a guy with an AR and possibly wearing plates
>unironically posts trump as if that Jew puppet actually cares about the real American population

Attached: 1541186795889.jpg (1000x800, 80K)

>A double stack semi-auto is going to be just as easy to conceal,
wrong
>hold 2 to 3 times as much ammo, and reload faster
what are speed clips?
>Carrying an extra mag means 5 to 6 times more ammo in the same space.
wrong
>EDC and wanting to be prepared are two different things,
wrong, part of edcing IS being in the mindset for these things
>no excuse for carrying an out dated, under performing firearm.
damn youre a retard

1/10, would not operate with
you need to edgucate yourself and watch more paul harrel videos Captian What If

Hes trying to defend himself, not shoot up a campus

looks like user finally got that grip right

>what are speed clips?
IME even speed loaders and moonclips are slower to use than swapping a magazine.

I live here too, so not that surprised, I know guys who CC without a permit too. I'm not willing to take the risk myself, whatever might happen to me out here isn't gonna be as bad as what'd happen to me in prison.

Like you, I want the fuck out of this place, just haven't figured out where to go or how to pull it off. The cost of living here is fucktarded and I hate the people and the dumbfuck laws. Just sucks because I like the geography and the convenience, and I'm gonna miss being able to get badass ramen or whatever whenever I feel like it. Maybe I'll go to Austin like everybody else, at least the BBQ will make up for it.

>Maybe I'll go to Austin like everybody else
Of course.

revolver reloading sucks so bad that cops who got in gunfights for a living just carried multiple guns instead of betting their lives and public safety on their cowboy larp skills

revolvers suck so bad that said cops completely abandoned them as soon as cheap reliable semis were available. without safeties except for the trigger, of course. just like their old revolvers.

Yes
Remember you're not the hero operator looking for the shooter, you are locked in your classroom and use it if you have to
I wouldn't pull it unless you see or hear gun shots
I wouldn't want to pull my gun and stand by the door looking like a sperg and find out it's just a drill and they kick you out of school

There's no Federal law so it's up to the states, stop being retarded

Attached: 1536793258210-k.jpg (2001x753, 964K)

>A double stack semi-auto is going to be just as easy to conceal,
>>wrong
Wrong. The average revolver is an inch wide. Semi-autos are slimmer. Making them easier to conceal.
>what are speed clips?
Slow, bulky, and hold 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of ammo.
>Carrying an extra mag means 5 to 6 times more ammo in the same space.
>>wrong
Wrong.
I know you can't do simple math so I'll do it for you.
Standard capacity mag is 15 rounds.
15 x 2 = 30
Standard cylinder capacity is 6.
30 / 6 = 5
There you go, retard.
>wrong, part of edcing IS being in the mindset for these things
I obviously meant specifically being prepared for an active shooter, retard.

Revolvers are a fucking joke and so are you.

Forgot my picture.

Attached: dsc01562.jpg (640x480, 28K)

what semi auto is this

it doesnt matter what you carry. what matters is that you can actually shoot the damn thing. let people pick what they want to carry and stfu.

Looks like a sig of some sorts.

It's illegal by judicial ruling to bar students with concealed carry license from carrying on the campus of a public university here in Colorado

You also don't want to pull the gun and get mistaken as the original fucking gunman.

>CU Boulder ccw checking in

I'm in Denver. What are you carrying my guy

Attached: IMG_20180913_230133159.jpg (2981x2900, 1.54M)

Is that a bodyguard? nice

Sig P938

Yes because if surviving is your goal you could easily post up in a good position. and if he comes near you you just shoot him with your snubbie. It would be a shot tier choice for someone tasked with defending a campus.

Nice b8 m8
Speed clips are a bitch to edc because of how wide they are, everything else is spot on

Probably. Just don’t print. If you get caught you’ll probably get fined if not jail time, and expelled.

Everyone is citing magazine size like you need to dump 10 pounds of lead into someone
>"some people don't go down after 6 shots hit them"
Most school shooters are manlets that would go down if they stubbed their toe, I'm fairly certain that if they get hit with .38 special they would eat shit
>"muh body armor"
Have you been shot while wearing body armor? Shit still hurts like a bitch

>not be a cop
>see multiple armed criminals entering a bank
>hide and call 9/11

>be cop driving around in patrol vehicle
>see multiple armed men entering bank
>I am first responder and my job is to engage them

If you want to carry a compact or full size double stack semi auto go for it, but don't act like it's practical for the average Joe. I've been in three situations where I was in the process of being held up and my J-frame saved me. None required me to pull the trigger and had I needed to, I would have felt comfortably capable.

shut up stupid.

>hurr durr revolvers so hard to conceal and low capacity!!!
>posts shitty single stack .380 pocket pistol

You must be fat as fuck and sedentary if you can comfortably conceal and pocket carry a double stack 9mm. Just how big are your pants you fat fuck?

Airweight J frame is king for pocket carry and for someone who lives in hot weather and has a more active lifestyle. 99% of all shootings/defensive videos I've seen on liveleak are resolved with both parties squeezing off 3 to 5 shots and scatterin like rats.

If you care so much about ending a mass shooting, shove your double stack up your fat larping ass and start carrying an AR15 in a backpack.

Depends on the state.

In Oregon, I can carry a loaded handgun concealed upon my person into a Kindergarten Class and no one can do jack shit about it.

I love my Airweight .38 SPL. I sent it to s&w for $60 laser engraving offer on cylinder.... I asked them to make “curlicues”, identical between chambers on SS cylinder. They kept it over three months b/c they were changing out some machines. They finally called to say, It’s ready to ship back to you, and the engraving’s on us” due to the long-ass delay. That’s customer service! Can’t upload photo; phone posting.

I love mine too. I bought a 642 without the lock, and thinking of getting some laser grips.

Thanks for the story, gramps

What the fuck? do you even CC? it's way easier for a thinner or fit person to conceal a larger firearm than a fatty. Thinner people have much more drape at the midline than they do, and broad shoulders/chest help with this too. With a good holster and belt a g19 size firearm is readily concealable in jeans and a t-shirt.

tl;dr
Go be a retard somewhere else, nigger.

God damn boot lick

Hahahah what a queer

What the fuck? Do you even have reading comprehension? The discussion here is pocket carry.

That's what I thought fatty. I could tell by your hands just how fat you are. Bet you can also pocket carry a Big Mac on each side of your cargo shorts.

>Captain What if
you have already disqualified yourself from having an adult conversation with

>not having the best of both worlds, cc'ing a 9mm on your hip and a .38 snubnose in an anlke holster or in you pocket

you guys are boring

Attached: im ready.jpg (800x1263, 81K)

OP here I'm more likely to need the money the second gun is gonna cost then I need the gun. I probably will be buying a glock 43

at this point, dont worry about capacity

any pocket gun is only going to have 5-7 shots anyway so everyone arguing over capacity is retarded. IMO, be more concerned with
>heavy DAO trigger
>the bugle of the cylinder
>slow reload
if you wanted a revolver. Theyre still great ccw's but if youre trying to carry in a classroom its not like youre bring a glock 17 with you

I pocket carried a taurus .38 snub in college, but only cause it was a present, I had no money and that thing was my carry, home defense and suicide gun. if I could I would have preferred a single stack .380 or 9mm but it served. As long as you dont wear skinny jeans its fine and my plan was to wait by the door and empty all rounds into the shooters face

>bugle of the cylinder
Ah yes, the cylinder bugle. It plays the sweetest sounds

He will be fine if he can aim for the head with accuracy at a fast pace.

>if he can aim for the head
You do know professionals tell you not to aim for the head because of how small of a target it is right? And getting shot with a .38 isn't a walk in the park even if you are wearing body armor

if your scared about a school shooty id either opt for the most amount of bullets to try to get a headshot like a 9mmglack or if u got the cajones go for massive penetration to shoot school shooty through something so like a taurus model 66 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel.

I see Blade Runner user was finally able to perfect his grips. That looks great man, I personally enjoyed watching your progress from first mold to this. Congrats

Yes but get one with a hammer.

>2 .38 rounds have been deposited to your account