Bolt-action rifle

>bolt-action rifle
>wood stock
>.308
>threaded barrel
>less than 1000$
Does this gun exist? If so, where can I buy it?
Pic unrelated

Attached: cover.jpg (1000x1000, 750K)

>Ruger Predator
>Aftermarket wood stock from Boyd’s

There you go, m80

Ruger scout?

buy used bro

Any used tikka

1916 Span Mauser in .308

I will do you one better.
>Super vepr .308

Spanish FR-8

Attached: image.jpg (800x533, 56K)

Gunsite Scout Rifle

Attached: downloadfile-48.jpg (1200x800, 235K)

Ruger Gunsite Scout

Attached: 1381877735141.jpg (560x367, 75K)

>That picture is making a tent in my pants
I need a gf

wood stocks are heavier and more maintenance intensive than composite stocks. they were only important when guns were still used as impromptu clubs and spears.

>inb4 muh handcrafted art
they're carved and finished by machines, out of trees cut down by machines in batches. loaded onto trucks where they are milled into boards. entirely by machines. modern society is such that when you pick up a rifle with a wooden stock, yours could be the first human hand that touched it, as the factory workers stuffing them into boxes were probably wearing gloves to protect the finish.

>not knowing how to greentext
Go back to Yiddit.

>not knowing how to greentext
What did he mean by this?

>>That picture is making a tent in my pants
should not be greentext.

He's right you know

This, or this with savage axis, 400ish all in

>Well sorry for not doing something right that only a Laotian sewing forum cares about???

You're mostly right.

Wood stocks, at least the upper 80% of them, are still prettier. And the bottom 20% of plastic/composite stocks still suck. But ... you're still right.

thinking green text is only for quotes. it is you who needs to return from whence you came.

>implying
Go back. I won't tell you again.

>Look mommy I am telling those rule breakers that they're wrong
>Can I get some tendies with my GBP nao?

Howa barreled action from Brownell's, $450.

Custom stock from Boyd's $250 or more.

CZ557 $750
Tikka$900

Lost my copy of Strunk and White for Jow Forums

>requirements for a rifle are threaded muzzle and wood stock, two of the most easily changed things.

You don't have a preference between the actions? You are a basic bitch.

That's sexy.

You could look at getting an old Remington 700 BDL "Varmint Special" in .308 with a 24" heavy barrel and walnut gloss stock. They are just a cunt hair under a grand but you would have to get a smith to thread the barrel. It's basically a civilian version of the M40 sniper rifle used by the USMC in Vietnam except with a nicer stock and a jeweled bolt. I believe the muzzle crown might be slightly different, but other than that it's pretty much an M40. Mine was made in 1977 and I put the exact same and period-correct Redfield Accurange 3-9X40mm scope, Redfield low-mount 4 screw rings, and Redfield base on it that the USMC used. This is not mine but this is what they look like.

Attached: Varmint.jpg (1170x323, 46K)

Underrated post.

>"Varmint Special"
>.308

Attached: 1502902768162s.jpg (600x337, 21K)

It's for special varmint.

Savage Hog Hunter.

but a ruger american, a boyd stock, and get it threaded at a local shop faggot

is that code for black people?

Most of the calibers it came in were 22-250, .222, etc, but for some reason they made a .308 for big varmints, I guess. Maybe the two-legged variety?

How are the boyd stocks btw? Been thinking of picking one up for my American cause the stock stock is a flimsy piece of crap.

You guys. You guys. I'm not a canvassing bot trying to evaluate the board's knowedge, seriousness, and inclinations. You guys. I'm a real poster even as yourself. I'm looking for a gun. A gun that shoots projectiles. A gun that shoots projectiles for less than six million dollars. You guys. Does such a thing even exist? Oh and for reasons I cannot explain here, I am unable to research my dream weapon myself. Don't let me down.

Why even do that. He can buy any off the rack classic bolt gun from a pawn shop or consignment and have it threaded

Seconding this. I own one and it's a lot of fun and very handy.

great album OP listened to this today at work :)