Why PDWs in 9mm?

The US army just signed a contract for the B&T APC9 pro K (which I can understand because of NATO round requirements). My question is why is the civilian market shilling the crap out of pistol caliber carbines, and braced handuns in pistol calibers when .300 blackout AR pistols exist?

Attached: 008b2d730f284086e4400b7c34d0854a.jpg (1200x900, 449K)

Marketing 101 most likely.

pew pew gun go bang bang

Goberment bad at money.

The APC9K is still shorter than the super short 300BK guns.

This, seeing it in photos out of context, you don’t get a feel for how small it really is.

which is cheaper, 9mm or 300 memeout

PCC's are cheaper to shoot and can have ammunition and even magazine compatibility with existing handguns. They also produce much less concussion out of short barrels compared to rifle rounds. Obviously they're not the end all be all, but they do fill a niche.

cheaper to buy, cheaper ammo, smaller, quieter,

>My question is why is the civilian market shilling the crap out of pistol caliber carbines, and braced handuns in pistol calibers when .300 blackout AR pistols exist?

Because Supersonic .300 out of a 5" barrel is a glorified .40 and Subsonic .300 out of a 5" barrel is a glorified .45.

You're losing a shitton of energy and therefore effectiveness. But oh boy do you get a fireball.

Because a 9mm in your face is just as effective as anything bigger. Also, once 300 blk is as prominent as 9mm or or 5.56, you'll see massive adoption. It's a great round, but it's still niche. I really like it and intend to make deer sausage with mine this year. 110 gr tac-tx Barnes are stupid deadly for Bambi.

then why didnt they buy the mp9

Attached: BT-30105-N_1_big.jpg (1500x1340, 168K)

At my local Walmart .300 African Americanout goes for around $0.50/round
9mm is around $0.16/round

9mm is cheap

The real question is why go with. 300 blk over 10mm auto in a small pcc?

PCC are being driven by consumer demand.

A 300BLK gun cannot meet the requirements of the new Army subgun.

This right here.

If size is your ultimate requirement then I agree 10mm is the better choice. That said, 300BLK gives you a lot more flexibility. You can fire subs for close range quiet applications, or you can fire supers for a lot more power and longer range.

Because retraining soldiers for a different mag catch etc. is hard.

Manual of arms on the APC almost exactly mimicks M16 platform, TP9 doesnt and the military has to take into account complete idiots will be getting trained on these guns.

mag in grip also makes a fat grip

That didn't stop the millitaries all around the world from adopting double-stack 9mm handguns

The key word being handgun.

why would that be any different? that "key word", as you put it, seems entirely absent from your earlier post.

seriously, the m9 is about as thick as the mp9. the only difference is that the mp9's grip is square and kinda uncomfortable in the front.

Show me a handgun without a mag in grip, bonus points if it went into mass production.

While I understand what youre saying, it really isnt a big deal in a SMG, having something you can hold onto is a positive, its not like its thick to the point of being uncomfortable.

AR pistol lol

9mm is a lot more comfortable to shoot out of a short barrel than .300 blackout. And for the civilian market, being comfortable to shoot is a pretty high priority. AR "pistols" exist solely as a means of skirting the NFA, they wouldn't exist otherwise.

Your brain seems broken.
If double-stack mags create too thick of a grip, wouldn't they have chosen single-stack sidearms instead?

You misunderstand. I don't have a problem with double-stack mags in grips. I think they work fine, as proven by the fact that militaries and PDs around the world use double-stack sidearms. I'm claiming that the "fat grip" angle for rejecting the TP9 is a silly argument.

Attached: Mauser.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

People want SMGs but instead buy cucked pistols.
It's a Reddit zoomer gun meme, PCCs are pistols for people who can't shoot a pistol well and rifles for people who will never shoot at anything and aren't good enough to shoot sport.

Fuck I understood you perfectly, I just meant to reply to

Seriously? Do you just not know about any guns from before WW2?

Handguns with single-stack mags, and with mags outside the grip, are both well-established, but not common today for some reason.
Could that reason be because the size of grip needed for a double-stack 9mm mag isn't an actual problem?

Attached: 1910-21 Bergmann.jpg (650x380, 25K)

Who makes this pistol? It's sexy af

it's my opinion but: because a short barrel for a 5.56 or 300 bk is no efficient, 5;56 need more distance in the barrel to take full of power, the same for the 300 bk, the 9mm is made for short barrel and add a longer barrel permits at 9 mm to take more power and more accuracy (sorry for the english i'm french so ..)

You are attempting to deflect while ignoring magazine capacity needs.

>pre WW2 guns in the current year

Logistics. For civilians obviously because 9mm is dirt cheap so you can practice a lot. For the military because they already have a supply chain set up for 9mm. .300blk is obviously superior but sometimes you settle for something else for other practical reasons. I don't see anyone with KAC 6x35mm either.

A few reasons:
1. They're fun to shoot
2. Ammo is cheap
3. Indoor ranges always allow pistol rounds, not all allow rifle rounds
4. 9mm pokes holes in paper just as effectively as .300 BLK'd, only cheaper.
5. Your hero fantasy is never going to happen.

>handguns only use double-stack-in-grip because they have to, nothing else could exist
>gets proven wrong
>oh, but those are old, they don't count
That's exactly the point, retard. We tried the other options back when handguns were new, and they worked just fine. But we settled on double-stack-in-grip because it's better ergos and isn't a problem for anything close to normal-sized hands.

guys, guys, what if we make an SMG with the mag in the grip...

but with single stack low capacity mags

The real reason for not adopting .300 BLK in large numbers is the artificial headspace problem. In a military where 5.56 NATO rifles are already commonplace, think of the potential for some grunt to accidentally put a mag loaded with .300 into a 5.56 rifle.

Because poors exist, and some people think it's fun to go to a range and dump rounds. Like they don't even train, just shoot at stuff. And then some absolute retards buy into the "it's a perishable skill" meme. It isn't, you just don't train properly.

Cuz they’re really fun

Because 9mm is actually a cartridge in service. Why the fuck would the army buy both a new weapon AND new ammo to support it rather than just buying a weapon that uses the ammo they already have?

This is the most retarded argument I've ever heard

>when your try to justify poor impulse control

Unironically this

Because the Army has literally millions of rounds in 9mm and countless supply chains of it and they will not be adopting a new round until another procurement contract goes through and it passes through the various acquisitions steps and channels. That is how Government procurement works, it's deliberate, studied and justified rather than oh look new hot round let's buy.