In LEO/military applications, what situation warrants the use of shotguns instead of SMGs/SBRs?

In LEO/military applications, what situation warrants the use of shotguns instead of SMGs/SBRs?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>what situation warrants the use of shotguns instead
breaching doors

LEO: Riot/less-lethal scenarios using CS/rubber/beanbag rounds, breaching, conclusively dumptrucking crazed substance abusers
Military: historically clearing trenches and leading jungle patrols, these days pretty much exclusively breaching

Any short-range breach-and-clear situation.

>Jungle patrols
Soon, user. Caracas is calling.

Roadside felony stop I'd use the shotgun. If someones holed up in a house I'd use a patrol carbine.

-Breaching
-Crowd/riot control
-Roadblocks
-Shipboard security
-Trench warfare
-Urban combat

/thread

Door breaching and non-lethal ammunition. Otherwise carbine or SMG is always better.

Any time you wanna kill a lot of guys at the same time. The spread of the shotgun can kill an entire house at once if you're lucky.

weak bait. 2/10 made me reply

Attached: tiresome.jpg (807x659, 42K)

Based

Most of the time you just have to rack a shotgun and suspects will usually just give up then and there.

Previously was a breacher overseas, all of one hour of training in Kuwait. Had mine on a 550-cord sling, which was horrible and cumbersome with an M4 and a full-kit. Pistol-grip shotguns are a bitch. Only made it work by placing the grip against my SAPI. That said, I'd rather be the breach-man than the first one in. One of my guys took three 7.62x39mm point-blank on his last tour (broke a couple ribs). We were lucky, we never had a shooter waiting beyond the door.

Tell us more Joe Biden.

Friend used this excuse while arguing why his shotty with a 20” barrel was better for home defense than my PCC.

Yay, I'm so glad brave young american boys are going to go die in piles to topple some dictator whose actions do no real harm the the american people. I can't wait for all the lazy, worthless, and most importantly, WEAK NEETs and freaks to get removed from the genepool. It's not like the majority of people who sign up to go get killed in a war are brave and capable young men who have what it takes to become successful entrepreneurs, business leaders, hard and dedicated workers, and other things that contribute to socie--
Oh wait.

Goddamn, you made me laugh.

Don't you love it when nogunz preach fuddlore?

>not wanting to kill commies

what are you gay

Duckbill choke and #4 buck.

>wanting americans to die in a foreign land over issues that cause no real harm to them

no, it's you.

Why do people actually believe this when it's no different than the sound of any other weapon getting ready to rock? Wouldn't an AK be more intimidating?

Other than its hunting applications, the shotgun has one thing that it does really well: Put a fuckhuge hole in someone at short range. Shotguns are, therefore, not really a great combat weapon except in close-in urban fighting. They’re much more suited to law enforcement and home defense encounters, which do typically take place at short distances.

Explain how
>Door breaching and non-lethal ammunition. Otherwise carbine or SMG is always better.
is wrong?

>20” barrel was better for home defense than my PCC.
Might as well should just use a baseball bat since he's going to be doing a whole lot of clubbing

Could shotguns make a comeback as anti sUAS weapons?

Attached: 32842904902942.png (629x337, 186K)

Breeching doors. Shotgun slugs are very good at blowing off locks.

Probably not. Most military drones can operate way above shotguns effective bird/buckshot range of 50m.

Yeah I think this guy's a queer

Of course. When the great bear uprising goes down.

Buckshot are good way beyond 100m, but you'd have to spray and pray.

How viable are airburst rifle cartridges?

>issues that cause no real harm
>Communism
zoomers like you belong on a cross.

Communism is a disease that spreads you fucking moron. Plus killing commies is an American sport, if someone wants to go and possibly die, thats on them. If the idea of commie huntin and near death experiences doesn't make you're balls tingle a little bit, you're probably a bit of a pussy.

You can cheaply make turbine powered RC
that go faster than the fastest mil drones.

He'll yeah borther!

why is LEO using the 5rd restricted mag tube?

but basically this , shotguns are useful as hell and throwing 9-24 fairly quick spreading buckshot pellets per trigger pull has a value of it's own inside 50 yards vs a single mag of 30 9x19mm

Attached: mag.jpg (1038x525, 360K)

Lol is it summer already? Of course killing commies is good, but you edglelords are missing the point. Whats more is you're fucking cowards that wouldn't go "kill commies" either, so shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1 .jpg (279x263, 13K)

I actually have used them in that role. Work on helicopters in the Muhreens and we had an issue of quadricopters hovering in taxiways posing a hazard to A/C. Most fun I’ve had in a long time.

If fired from orbit out of a smooth bore musket

>>commie identified

Attached: beatstupid.gif (400x400, 526K)

Can someone educate me on why shotgun for trench clearing? I understand why all the others.

Attached: cant kill commies and snort coke.jpg (766x1024, 87K)

People usually are lightly-armored/not wearing armor in trenches. Shotguns are really good point and shoot weapons and work well in >30m distances, which trenches usually are. Subguns could be more effective with more lead down range than a shotgun, but a shotgun is a usual one shot stop. Plus the M1897 could be slamfired if I remember correctly so if the paper shells didn't fuck up, you could just pump and go as you walk room to hall to room.

You mean pump a shotgun and that’s for home intruders not leo

I think I mentioned this in another drone post, but utilizing Air-burst grenades with shot in it somewhat like Flak might be the answer. Just have one guy in the squad with either airburst 40mm for his M320 or use those super expensive XM25s that are lying around and just have them detonate after a certain time in flight (0.25 - .5 seconds after armed) with .30 cal shot sabots as payload. Pretty sure that'll take down most drones easy and economically.

Didn't they use brass shells in WW1 after they figured out the paper ones are terrible in a muddy environment?

>air-burst 12ga shells

Ive heard of some extravagant loadings, but that shit is next level.

Attached: community_image_1407645011.gif (592x570, 386K)

>t. red scared boomers who cough up rights and lives upon being manipulated with one boogeyman or the other

Attached: 1550993510178.png (1400x586, 692K)

I almost got baited
Also this.
The spread of communism causes harm to all

In the Muhreens I had a Master Sergeant clear me to fire buckshot off the ground to bounce it into their knees, lul. Silly hajis.

>...but then I took a buckshot to the knee...

Is bouncing buck off the floor a legit tactic? I remember it happening in Gunsmith Cats.

you have to be 18 to post here

Comes from an era where people mostly had bolt action rifles. Pump shotgun means much faster rate of fire and is easier to manuever.

You can't shotgun someone without a shotgun