same caliber:
>ar-15
>mini 14
>SLR 102
>m85 pistol
>9MM 1911
>glock 19
orgy:
>Ar-15 (one for each of the boutique and service calibers)
>M1 carbine
>WASR
>1911(all flavors)
>Glock(all flavors

Attached: rusted41.jpg (1716x1284, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IuBjeLiWhek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>glock

Attached: outO2z7.jpg (500x371, 22K)

If commonality is a matter of consequence, fine, but going out of your way to seek out shared caliber versions of the guns you buy is dumb af. You're just buying more of the same shit in a different shell. Why buy a .223 AK to match your AR when you could buy a 7.62 AK with completely different characteristics and idiosyncrasies to explore?

ok retard

Eh, this, although every adult member of the family should at least have matching rifles on top of their personal choice guns, just in case shit ever does hit the fan.

FWIW, I'm building my AR in .300 BLK because then I can use the same projectiles for both it and a .308 bolty boi.

Ya seething?

There’s a theory of SHTF which says you should own at least one firearm chambered in what you might call a secondary cartridge - one that’s not in the Top 5 most popular, but maybe in the Top 10 somewhere. The idea is that when SHTF comes, normies who own the usual normie guns will flood into anyplace that sells ammo and do some last-minute stocking up until they’re cleaned out - just like they do to grocery stores when there’s a hurricane coming. Some people who have been through situations like that (Katrina, for example) noticed that while 9mm, 5.56, 12 gauge, and .22lr couldn’t be had anywhere, there were plenty of boxes of calibers like .30-30, 20 gauge, and .357 Magnum still on the shelves.

It’s definitely worth considering.

The solution is to own so many guns in every caliber that there’s no way you can’t feed one of them with any random box of ammo you find anywhere

Attached: You are over encumbered.png (712x564, 693K)

>not putting all of your points in strength
It’s like you want to be killed

>Not going full luck with jinxed and bloody mess
Walk around punching people, watching their guns blow up as they try to shoot you.

Attached: Definition of luck.jpg (362x604, 62K)

>not putting all your SPECIAL points into INT
It's like you hate skill points.

Differ.

I always hated that. I felt like I was cheating myself if I didn't make a high INT character. At least it's mitigated in NV, in addition to having better dialogue options than F3.

Honestly, in the first two games, the exact opposite is true. The funniest dialogue is available only to really low INT.

youtube.com/watch?v=IuBjeLiWhek

I think he meant better practically, like how the assault carbine is a better weapon than the service rifle. 2 INT characters still "talk" like retards though.

This.
If ita just you get multi caliber to explore what works for you based on the particular situations of your defense plan.
When multiple people become a factor commmonality is key.
You your family and your buddies should all have at least 1 rifle you are proficient with that have caliber and magazine compatability with each other.
Everything else is situational icing on the cake.
And also means its probably going to be an AR15 or some other gun that uses those magazines

I didn't mind so much, since INT did fuel stronger dialogue options, your repair, medicine and science skills, and a couple of perks. Repair and medicine are really important skills both for skill checks and regular gameplay. I'd say INT, CHR, PER, speech, barter, repair, medicine, science and maybe explosives are the most common checks in the game (besides lockpicking and computer hacking), so INT and CHR are probably the best stats to invest in, especially with the amount of chems and gear that boost PER and how much easier the game is with those skills and base stats, and how much better your rewards get. Jury rigging is a godsend.

yes well thats assuming you arent already prepped, like Jow Forums is right?
1000 rds of your favourite caliber isnt gonna get used up

ARs and AKs are the go-to, it seems.
>mag commonality within each family
>intermediate rounds are easy to handle, are small and light enough to carry and store shitloads, are fucking everywhere, and can still reach out and touch someone
>standard 30rd mags fairly abundant
>semiauto or maybe even full giggle depending
>stupid simple controls
>spare parts and aftermarket everywhere
>can be had fairly cheap for reasonable quality
Much as I think AKs are sexier, though, ARs have a slight advantage because 5.56 is much more common than 7.26 or 5.45, the aftermarket is a bit bigger, mags more common, and you have rails.

All my guns share very similar feel of operation since my collection mostly revolves around slavshit, including my vepr12 shotgun so there should be some crossover of skill between shotgun sports and rifle shooting.
I think that's more important than having 5 similar 223 ARs unless you are actually serious about arming a group of people.
This.
And especially for fun guns, I don't see any reason not to explore different calibers. That said, I do think you should start with the most popular ones that are fairly cheap and easy to find. Each one has it's own interesting characteristics down range unless you are just shooting boring paper.
Stockpile pic related +12ga & 22lr and you can explore most relevant & historically significant long guns without having to add any major investments to your ammo stock.
And I really don't see any reason to stock ammo that isn't basic cheap stuff except maybe a few boxes of each caliber for your main toys.
It's a lot easier to just just invest money into some "non shooting" ammo up front than hope to find it(or fudd 30-30 tier stuff) when a panic happens. Other than financial hardship, I think it's just dumb not to have 1000rds or better set aside for your main shooters so you can laugh off panics.
I don't think a lot of people get just how long even 100rds would last if you were forced to only use it for activities other than target shooting and playing...

Attached: #P1070373.jpg (1581x1367, 1.29M)

I used to buy guns first and think about ammo second, but now I gotta really like the gun to buy into a new round.

Makes it expensive to keep decent ammo stocks.

And in the hypothetical scenario shit does devolve into violence you can operate with the assurance you will always find ammo mags and spare parts no matter who you fight

I've gone to .223 in STANAG for ALL center-fire rifles and 9mm for ALL center-fire handguns with a Glock/92FS/BHP/P30 magazine well.

Only want a G3 clone in 7.62 if I move to brown bear country