/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Bendy bill edition

Old

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-32-53-1.png (1080x1586, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

badgerordnance.com/m16-m14-ar-15/tactical-latch-gen-l.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

7075 doesnt bend edition

Attached: BB21459D-2A95-4CFD-BE98-DF50D5F03947.jpg (3428x1536, 851K)

Why does he squeeze it so hard

Nice Ash clone

based PSA

ar thread
post based generals
>ar thread
>/hg/
>/brg/ is full of unironic gays

>based generals
/prg/ wasnt too bad

What are you guys' opinions of magpul stuff?

some of it is better than others

I never went into that one much mostly because I can't afford to keep up with long range boomer fudds at the apex of their earning power and disposable income

I like everything other than the handguards. I just dont see the point, stick with basic clamshell or save for a freefloat.

Im not a fan of there handguards, but everything else i like.
And mloc is the best attachment system

something tells me that if you crushed your gun under a shit ton of 7.62 link it could happen to 7075-t6 as well

Attached: yikes.png (894x656, 708K)

until wuggy started shitting it up.

They will take mlok accessory mounts unlike mil clamshells

Posting from the birth-state of the AR. How ironic.

Attached: AD04759F-1389-4CAC-92F1-0D8F868F3BFC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

Attached: gatblaster.jpg (2448x3264, 2.24M)

>something tells me
Your ignorance is talking to you?

No thanks

that and my mechanical engineering degree

nothing with with monolithic rifles but the amount of autism around "muh 7075" is stupid

Those pic sections at the end of the rail create a squared/flat load bearing surface which is why it squishy squishied. An octagonal design without pic like some later Geissele designs, KAC, LMT etc would probably not squish as much. I guess the real (obvious?) lesson here is don't bury your gun under 15+ cases of linked 7.62

Seriously who would do that and why

>not dirt shooting is for boomer fudds
If you dont know what youre doing well enough to out-compete some senile boomer whos coasting off experience and reputation then you cant really bitch.

*wrong with

Its shitposting you sperg

Attached: 5D924A3C-E78C-497E-AF0B-A4DE48B70F39.jpg (2728x1537, 940K)

>Seriously who would do that and why
a retard, especially considering he had a full power PEQ 15 on that gun. those things are fragile as fuck and L3 won't service them if you have a grey market unit

there are people who would unironically agree with everything you've said thus far, just look at arfcom

Must be a crayon eater

Oh yeah i have the same problem. Cant tell the shitposts from the retards

Newfag

I can't keep up because my eyes are dogshit

You think the boomers eyes are good?

Looks nice, but is this only for competition shooting? If you're using this for war you would want a flash hider.

ok just attach suppressor

Its there as a sacrificial baffle for a suppressor i cant just walk out of the store with. Otherwise i only ever use flash hiders. There are compensators on issued combat rifles

No but they can afford to compensate

>hit up geissele for a new one
Fat chance. Theyll just deny what happened

I mean, how is it geisseles fault some crayon eater put his gun under 15 cases of ammo and then went on a bumpy ride?

no sr15lowerposting day 4

Attached: ash costume for halloween.jpg (1504x2016, 620K)

>t.bill
it shouldnt of eaten shit that hard in the first place

Is it possible that the cans were stacked up with the rifle in the back. And after a particular bump the cans fell over covering the rifle?
Thatd fall under shit happening in the field in my book. Should they have strapped their cargo down? Yes. Are grunts or average civies thinking that far ahead? Fuck no

“Dude, asymmetry is a cost takeout feature. You don’t deserve my products” -Blemish Bill

>all this poorfag feeding frenzy
>See? SEE!? I knew I was right to not be able to afford nice things!

Australia?

Does anybody know where I can get a charging handle with the extended latch like pic related? I like it a lot but can’t find one online for my personal rifle.

Attached: 8D3B08DC-00E8-42F3-91BF-B9EF0671CB1F.jpg (817x1162, 319K)

Badger latch badgerordnance.com/m16-m14-ar-15/tactical-latch-gen-l.html

>covered in mud
>training bolt installed
>teardrop FA
What bullshit is this?

Why should be not buy a $30 MLOK rail kit on Ebay?

You already know. But youll do it anyway

this

Is that an IR laser?

someone that uses their rifle.

>training bolt
uses their rifle to do nothing

Need advice, building an AR for my dad, but he has bad eyes and had trouble shooting my AR with mbus pros exec with the larger aperture opening. Is there a different brand of irons that would work or should I get a red dot? And what light weight barrel would you guys recommend? Trying to go light weight build with his.

>Why should be not

Yeah I stroked out writing that. I just woke up. I meant to say "why should I not"

Basic bitch clamshells will likely be more rugged

I suppose with that in mind what is the cheapest free float mlok handguard that isn't chinesium trash?

I fucking love this. Not joking I would rate 10/10. I want my next build to end up like this.

Attached: FN left side (2).jpg (2018x3586, 1.49M)

BCM or bust

Thanks

What are UTM rounds Alex.

For doing nothing

Shit picture, hopefully it orients right.

Attached: 20190501_175914.jpg (3264x2448, 2.43M)

BCM MCMR is $170

Why are handstops configured this way? It would be better reversed where you don't have the large piece as an obstruction in the rear as your drive the gun forward and place more torque vs the smaller stop.
Are arfags retarded?

Attached: MAG608-M-LOK-Hand-Stop-Kit-4.png (2400x1600, 2.25M)

Larue LAT

Its about recoil control which involves pushing with pistol grip and pulling with off hand

You pull back on the handstop with your middle and ring finger. Think kinda like a less extreme C Clamp.

Am I mistaken but do they only go up to 13inches?

what rifle do you want a rail that's longer than 13" for?

Pulaski
Sherman
LeMay
Schwarzkopf

I was hoping to make it as long as possible to make my front sight picture super tiny.

Do you actually need irons that precise (you dont) or are you just autistic?
A 20” M16 only has its front sight post around the 12” mark, a 13” rail puts you right there. Service rifle competition and national match shooters have been achieving ridiculous precision with M16A2 sight setups for decades.

Eurocuck reporting in, I can't into cool gear shots.

Attached: IMG_20190509_204451257_HDR.jpg (3024x4032, 2.85M)

Well then, sounds like I'm just a retard. Larue it is, then. Hopefully it ships though, I've heard they are notorious for taking forver to send shit.

Admitting it is the first step towards self improvement. Good on you and good luck with your rifle

Is the AR-10 shit? It seems really uncommon for a popular round on a popular platform.

it can be good. The issue is there are several different patterns instead of one like ARs have

Hows life in Croatia?

unrelated but mirko cro cop was my favorite fighter for a long time.

No. Its just militaries arent widely fielding .308s outside of marksman roles. For civilians ammos more expensive and parts arent as standardized. Heavier. More recoil

Most semi auto .308s being issued are .308 AR Pattern rifles though, they just arent as common as AR15 based designs. And most civilian semi auto precision rifles in .308 will be AR pattern. Its mainly the battle rifle crowd that doesnt buy them, probably due to cheaper options like PTR, or milsurp, if going big money on a modern battle rifle the FAL shaves a lot of weight and keeps the piston familiar with past battle rifles. No reason that .308 ARs cant function as battle rifles, see the DPMS GII or LMT CQBMWS, but theyll be heavier than a SCAR and more maintenance intensive than a PTR/FAL/M14

Not too shabby, I've actually moved to the Netherlands a while ago so I'm only back home every now and then. I miss my guns :/

I actually met him at the airport right before his fight in Japan a few months back. He's an absolute badass and a national treasure!

Youre basically asking about 20 different designs right now. Stoners AR10 is a dead platform aside from retro rifles being produced as retro rifles and not serious practical tools. Most “AR10s” wont share parts with stoners or even other modern designs

Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery!

Whats the deal with short throw selectors?

Attached: IMG_1536.jpg (722x768, 107K)

>more maintenance intensive than a PTR/FAL/M14
Not if you get a good one

I was trying to blanket statement knowing the guy who doesnt understand that “AR10” isnt a thing is going to look up the cheapest “AR10” he can find because “theyre all the same”

Good thing stoner lived to make the SR25

Not everyone can be a thumbchad, user

Keeps the selector from rubbing on trigger finger when in fire position

why is ash ain't dead yet?

Attached: 1507137997152.png (941x887, 199K)

You know a lot of people in the US using personal weapons for war?

Attached: 65sd4g6s5g4s6gs84.jpg (1728x1841, 1.42M)

>only has flash hiders

Is it possible to convert ten round cuckifornia magazines into 30s? An old guy at the gun store was talking about it yesterday

Depends on the mag, lancers can be converted easily

My scenario stands.

Attached: dffghr4thu45h4.png (1530x858, 483K)

Fixed iron rights through an optic are irritating.

How do you do it?

They're also master race with a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Attached: 6d5f4hg6d54hf6d54ghd.jpg (1613x1210, 841K)

Remove the plastic rivet