For a handgun to shoot a brick of ammo through every weekend, which is the better choice...

For a handgun to shoot a brick of ammo through every weekend, which is the better choice? Anyone have experience with either?

Stoeger Luger 22 vs new PPK 22

Attached: 56F63816-758C-4D23-86B0-88845916AB10.jpg (1835x753, 413K)

Luger, 22 ppks are ass and a half comparatively.

Both are shit honestly, my grandpa had an old Stoeger .22 Luger and that thing would literally jam after every single shot.

Ruger , Victory, Buckmark, Tac Sol slide on a Glock frame, Kimber 1911 conversion kit or the factory Rimfire Target from Kimber.
That is my Kimber 22LR.
Gets at least two bricks a month through it.
Winchester M22 is below $42 at my local Wally World now for 1k rounds.

Attached: 20190426_200458.jpg (1686x2379, 2.37M)

That winchester ammo is baaaaad. I always get the 550 packs of federal. Much cleaner.

neither

Attached: Ruger-Standard-Second.jpg (1000x650, 26K)

Been reliable for me.
Not as clean as CCI 40 grain Mini Mags for sure.
I may try some Federal if I can find it copper plated.
Norma Tac 22 Semiauto runs through it pretty good.
A Sponsored Aguila shooter gave me a couple of bricks at a match and it was nearly as dirty as Thunderbolts.
It cycled well enough.
Browning brand 40 grain hollow points @1450 fps rock the steel and either that or Mini Mags are my choice for a match.
Good squirrel hunting bullet also.

Wherever I go, I must shill this pistol.

My only complaint is that it gets dirty very quickly, dirty enough that it looks like it has black fur after a brick.

Attached: 72744324-4929-4389-83A8-58B9D9632E8A.jpg (1024x769, 148K)

Yeah, its reliable (as well as non premium. 22s) but its filllthy in my revolvers and my contender.

Stoeger Luger is a piece of shit, avoid at all costs.
Also I have one to sell to you, $200.

Stoeger guns are junk
Go with PPK

Git a bersa 22 for 1/3 the price.

Sounds like he had a bad mag or he was using low velocity ammo. Mine shoots fine. It is picky about ammo and prefers CCI Stingers.

This thread just made me go to my local and blow a 500 pack through my MkIII 22/45 HBAR.

Man that was relaxing as fuck. Thanks guys.

Pic related what I want to do to a 2/45 Tac

Attached: ruger_RMR_2245_06.jpg (2000x1333, 284K)

I highly recommend Ruger MK II/III's, comfy as fuck, shoots better than I can aim, and a ton of fun.

Go for a bull barrel for maximum aesthetic

Attached: da14af999e94e79f3373cd0ffe0d1d35.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

Got to go European for really clean shooting 22.
Ah the fried bacon smell of Eley in the morning.

Anyone own P22 QD? Thoughts? Opinions?

Attached: 45140-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 98K)

Got a .22 Luger as a gift. Picky on the ammo but still gets through the mag most of the time with cheap shit. Surprisingly accurate with it considering the sights resemble three bricks fucking

My dad has a S&W 22A. It is nowhere near the quality of a Victory, but with most budget .22lr it has run great. We did crack the frame of the first one we shot because we were running high velocity .22lr through it, where the manual stipulates standard velocity. We sent it to S&W, they sent us a new gun. For the cost ($200) it has been an excellent plinking gun and it has done wonders for both of our pistol shooting fundamentals.

I should clarify, we cracked the frame on the first one after shooting 5k plus .22lr high velocity because we didn't know any better, Smith still replaced it at no cost beyond shipping. For $200, that's not a big deal even if they had refused.

Get a 22 PPQ instead. Supposedly the P22s are SUPPOSED to be reliable now, but I can say from personal experience that the PPQs are reliable AF. Mine feeds standard velocity and even some of the milder subsonic stuff just as well as high velocity bulk pack.

Cracked frame from high velocity 22? Damn that's Lorcin tier.

I should clarify further, we shot probably 5k rounds of standard velocity and 5k+ rounds of high velocity through this $200 gun. The frame on the 22A is most definitely cast something, probably Zamak. But if the OP is looking for a gun in the price range of the other two, I can promise the 22A will not jam like those guns and shoot much better. If he is selective about buying standard velocity he will not have issues like the other pair. The major problem is, every bucket of budget .22lr these days seems to be high velocity. Not a big problem for most guns, but an issue for the longevity of the 22A. It should also be noted that older .22lr pistols that are roundly considered great guns, like the old pre-1960 High Standard's, HD's, Supermatics, etc. can have their frames cracked by high velocity .22lr. It is in essence, a +P round made with modern steel pistols or rifles in mind.

Have experience, genuinely bad gun. It dries up easily, had some sort of failure about once every two mags and with a can it did NOTHING but keyhole and couldn’t hit anything from 10 feet

How's the M&P 22?
Main carry pieces are a 2.0 Compact and a Shield, so I thought keeping the same family could be nice.

Attached: Smith-and-Wesson-M-P-22-Compact-Semi-Auto-Handgun-Black-.jpg (484x425, 18K)