HK P7

I have this gun. It's the greatest. Bought it at $750 a few years ago. Prices have doubled. I'm an ass, I should have grabbed more.

1) Why doesn't HK bring this back??? It seems so obvious. Like, the 1911 and the walther ppk are ancient designs and they're still being made....so.....

2) Will it ever be brought back? I want to own more....It's so good I want to like, only have p7s! But it's too expensive now. Only way it would work is if they started making 'em again and $$ came down.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Attached: HK P7.jpg (685x514, 69K)

Because HK doesn't want to make anything interesting anymore. Also those didn't sell very well. The reality is that only polymer framed, doublestack, short recoil pistols sell anymore.

Won't happen. HK is a mil/leo focused company and they always will be even if the American civilian market accounts for a huge chunk of their sales. Mil/Leo has no want or need for this and even the AmCiv market would shit on it. If they come out with a single stack, which they actually might, it will be somewhere between a PPS and a G43X. The P7 will be passed over entirely.

Your SN is 74 off from mine. They're great pistols and I carry mine every day.

There isn't enough demand. They supposedly still have the machinery and can make them. If I ever have a unknown rich relative leave me everything or win the lotto I'll order a full production run myself and sell them.

explain what you like about it.
how could we make it better?
name a flaw.
whats the best thing about it?

The reason they cost so much is because they were all bought up by a fee select individuals in charge of or related in some way to the importers.
There are a ton of these in private hands and are not that rare, and those faggots artificially jacked up the price of every HK product. Its too bad the cocksuckers that did this were caught too late. Glad the owner of HKparts is now in prison though (for other reasons).

You ignore the fact that HK lobbied against the AWB and the cuckold fudds failed to stand behind them, instead taking it up the ass from Feinstien and Smith and Wesson/Ruger for several years, so HK owes us nothing. They didn’t want to risk exporting to a country that voted their rights away and banned their products by name, and thats barely changing now as they are reasonably reluctant to start investing in our idiot country again, especially when every other MSM outlet and politician is calling for bans every day.

P7 Bros

Couldn't imagine what a modern one would cost.

Attached: HK P7.jpg (4282x2985, 1.26M)

Everything. it's literally like, the perfect handgun. The be all end all. The alpha and the omega of side-arms.

basically everything in this photo is true.

It's the most accurate gun I've ever fired--out of the box. It has an extremely low bore axis. probably the lowest of any handgun. The squeeze cocker is amazing.

It looks fantastic from every angle. It looks like the peak fo aggressive, chiseled german design. It is like the 80s bmw e32 of handguns.

I could go on and on and on...

Attached: 04ba28e71fa42c139cc35fba7d1d0bdf.jpg (1218x1609, 359K)

Wow, that's like the opposite of how I feel. Except for looks, they look fantastic.

Attached: pee seven.jpg (1133x1700, 902K)

>owner of HKparts
I hate hkparts so fucking much. Garbage website that price gouges to such an extreme, it makes jews feel embarrassed.

I'm surprised to see this rather obscure handgun turn up in the US. They were originally designed by H&K for use by German military police and military intelligence, as concealed carry weapon.

Bert NO

Attached: 1557004570401.jpg (720x690, 72K)

its really not as popular as youd think. Outside of serious gun collectors and shooters, most people dont know about it, it doesnt have the fan base/pop culture status a 1911 or ppk does, and theyre still pretty expensive to make. If a company wants to make a modern reproduction, it better have some serious fan power to warrant rehashing an old design, especially when some of their existing classics like the USP do just fine.
I doubt it will ever be brought back, but it would be sweet

Attached: HK p7.jpg (1054x703, 146K)

Most of the stuff in that pic is shared with all modern semiautos.

The low bore axis is nice. Accuracy is good but nothing special. It's cool that you like the squeeze cocker. I fucking hate it.

They should definitely bring back the P7K3. I need a nice .32 ACP carry gun.

Mine came with the cardboard box as well. The later plastic boxes are a lot snazzier but I've yet to spot one loose for less than $100. Heck, it's even hard to find spare magazines for that price.

Attached: IMG_1708.jpg (1600x1200, 250K)

Just buy a Walther CCP

Since you're unable or unwilling to offer a reasonable assessment...
Pros:
1. Excellent ergos, good trigger
2. Accurate and safe gun
3. Remarkably compact for its time
4. Very manageable recoil, encourages good grip strength
Cons:
1. Too heavy for cops, carry, or military
2. Squeeze cocker is 'sticky' and very loud
3. Somewhat wide for a single-stack
4. Heats up & burns skin fairly quickly
My two cents'? Re-introduce in a polymer frame with a simplified design and NO squeeze cock.
Source: owned one, ditched it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

Oh and like said, it's kind of fugly.

Attached: HK_P9_M8.jpg (920x596, 101K)

Wow what a cutie I kinda want one

They are a bit on the heavy side, especially for a compact pistol. A loaded Glock 19 is a bit shy of 2 ounces lighter than a loaded P7 - unloaded the Glock 19 is nearly 7 ounces lighter than the unloaded P7. Neither are really surprising figures given the polymer frame and doubled magazine capacity.

I've always felt the heat issue has been overblown for carry and target use. I agree it's a poor choice to take to a pistol training class or IPSC match as it will get uncomfortably hot within 100 rounds - but not enough to cause burns. At the 30 round count it only reached 110°F.

The cocking lever makes a click when it is compressed but does make an noticeably louder clunk when it releases the striker. There is a method to decock it quietly if you feel the need. There is a lever under the trigger guard which is exposed while the cocking lever is compressed. Pushing this lever will disengage the striker and allow you to ease the cocking lever forward without the noise.

Attached: IMG_7411.jpg (3072x2304, 1.89M)

Wtf Is that a frontal grip safety?

Always been a fan.

Attached: grube.jpg (602x467, 32K)

It didnt sell well in the beginning, and half the cool factor comes from not being able to own them.
They would make them, people would buy a few then sales would tank as the novelty wore off and you realize you're left with an arguably heavy single stack.
What they SHOULD do is start implementing squeeze safety into other shit. Cause fuck it

They blatantly stated they're hesitant to export to the US because of gun violence and is exactly why they dont export (directly) to many countries

Heat issue is def overblown, it's not made to mag dump over and over obv. I love shooting mine, just accurate as can be in my hands.

Attached: a6df800012a2431d3520e87e17baa1f315c7251b1dd0883a16002c0bbf853a74.jpg (492x369, 41K)

Kinda sort of, but not exactly. Pushing it in actually cocks the striker and engages the trigger, which is otherwise just slack.

If you wanted to, you could go backwards pull the trigger, and then squeeze the "squeeze cocker" to fire it.

Never actually shot a P7, but fingerfucked one at an LGS. It's not as awkward as you would think. It requires a tiny bit of force to squeeze, but nothing really to keep it engaged. Trigger is pretty goddamn nice considering

Addendum:

>It's kinda sorta of a safety, but not really

It is actually, totally a safety feature. But more specifically, again, it's a squeeze cocker. It literally cocks the striker.

Racking the slide just puts a round in the pipe. Striker remains forward. To fire, both the squeeze cocker and trigger must be fully depressed

Yeah I think it’s a homely forearm. And I own an sl7

>Squeeze cocker is loud
Is that really a problem or more of a personal annoyance? Once you draw, you're likely gonna pop off some rounds.

It's just one of the gun's idiosyncrasies.

But if one is truly autistic about such clicks, you can de-cock the gun without any noise.

With the grip safety still depressed, move your middle finger out from under the trigger guard, and reach under there with a finger on your other hand. You can slip the grip safety off of one of the linkages, allowing you to slowly release the grip safety (and striker) without the telltale snap.

This is high level autism.

Attached: p7 guts.jpg (2400x1600, 631K)

I like it!
Well, I never said it would cause burns, but yeah, uncomfortable.
More like personal annoyance, but it is more awkward than people usually admit.
Never knew that.

That's because the German government are full of faggots and have them by the nuts. Germans are a menace upon the human race and deserve nuclear annihilation.

I wish you weren't right.

Fuck me, there's a Hard Chrome P7M13 on GB for $3k
I'm so fucking tempted to go for it.

I like it for the aesthetics and the engineering. It's cool but it's nowhere near as nice to shoot as the USP Expert. That being said I can't carry where I live so it's just a range toy. Mines a Lower Saxony 10/87 from one of the last HK import batches.

Attached: IMG_20180327_003710.jpg (3242x1848, 1.51M)

I always think of Tomorrow Never Dies when I see a P7.

If it's in good condition, and you've got the dough, you may want to pounc3 on that. Regular blued ones tend to gonfor the same price

Attached: P7bond.jpg (1280x520, 76K)